- Kenya police: 6-story residential building collapses in rain Updated: Apr-29-16 8:14 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A six-story residential building in a low income area of the Kenyan capital collapsed Friday under heavy rain and flooding, trapping an unknown number of people in the rubble, Kenyan officials said.
- Kenya: Large pyres set up for massive burn of ivory Updated: Apr-28-16 12:41 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan authorities have built towering pyres of more than 100 tons of elephant tusks that will be burned on Saturday, in what wildlife officials believe will be the largest single destruction of ivory in history.
- Kenya: Opposition leaders tear-gassed in protest Updated: Apr-25-16 10:46 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan opposition leaders have been tear-gassed as they led hundreds of supporters to the electoral commission offices to demand that it is disbanded for being biased.
- Kenya: Group launches case seeking to decriminalize gay sex Updated: Apr-15-16 11:36 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - A Kenyan rights group says it is going to court to decriminalize gay sexual relations between consenting adults.
- IAAF dismisses Athletics Kenya CEO's challenge Updated: Apr-08-16 11:24 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - The IAAF's ethics board on Friday rejected an appeal from the CEO of Kenya's track and field federation against his provisional suspension for allegedly soliciting bribes from two athletes.
- Breaking doping bans, Kenyans race on regardless Updated: Apr-01-16 2:42 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - For some Kenyan runners, a doping ban isn't a total ban.
- Maasai tribesmen spear 2 lions in Kenya, kill 1 Updated: Mar-31-16 12:37 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Maasai tribesmen speared two lions that strayed out of Nairobi National Park in Kenya on Thursday, killing at least one, a conservationist reported.