- 2 dead as Kenyan police attack electoral reform demos Updated: May-23-16 1:00 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - At least two people died Monday when Kenya's police shot, beat and tear gassed demonstrators across the country who called for the electoral commission to be dissolved due to allegations of bias and corruption.
- Kenya: Photos of police violence spark international outrage Updated: May-17-16 5:20 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Widely viewed pictures and video of a protester being kicked by Kenyan riot police as he lay on the ground have caused a stir in this East Africa country, prompting debate on police brutality and civil rights.
- Kenya: Police fire tear gas, make arrests during protests Updated: May-16-16 11:21 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan police fired tear gas on Monday to break up demonstrations urging electoral reforms ahead of general elections next year.
- Kenya: Wife accused of helping anthrax plot appears in court Updated: May-10-16 12:18 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - The wife accused of assisting her medic husband to plot a biological attack in Kenya and assisting in recruiting for the Islamic State group has been extradited from Uganda and appeared in a Nairobi court Tuesday.
- Kenya: Police disperse protests against electoral commission Updated: May-09-16 2:32 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan police on Monday tear-gassed Kenya's main opposition leaders and hundreds of their supporters who were demanding the dissolution of the electoral authority because of alleged bias and corruption.
- Kenya closing camps with hundreds of thousands of refugees Updated: May-06-16 6:26 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - The Kenyan government said Friday it will close two refugee camps, including one of the world's biggest, due to a lack of security and economic challenges as human Rights group condemned the plan.
- Kenya: Hundreds homeless as condemned buildings demolished Updated: May-06-16 11:53 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - As emergency workers retrieved four bodies from a building that collapsed a week ago, bringing the death toll to 41, hundreds of Nairobi residents were evicted Friday from nearby buildings that are being torn down to prevent other deadly disasters.
- Kenya officials: Death toll of collapsed building up to 20 Updated: May-01-16 1:08 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan rescuers continued searching for survivors Sunday of a residential building in a low income area that collapsed Friday, as officials said the death toll has risen to 20 and 73 people remain missing.
- Officials: Collapsed Kenyan building had no occupancy permit Updated: Apr-30-16 3:34 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A building that collapsed amid heavy rains in Nairobi, killing at least 12 people and injuring at least 134, did not have an occupancy permit, officials said Saturday as they ordered its owner to turn himself in.
- Kenya burns huge pile of ivory tusks to protest poaching Updated: Apr-30-16 12:26 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya's president set fire Saturday to 105 tons of elephant ivory and more than 1 ton of rhino horn, believed to be the largest stockpile ever destroyed, in a dramatic statement by this East African country against the trade in ivory and products from endangered species.
- Kenya: Large pyres set up for massive burn of ivory Updated: Apr-28-16 12:41 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan authorities have built towering pyres of more than 100 tons of elephant tusks that will be burned on Saturday, in what wildlife officials believe will be the largest single destruction of ivory in history.