- Records: new university pays $200K for public relations firm Updated: Nov-26-15 3:02 am
LAKELAND, Florida - Records show that Florida Polytechnic University has paid a Tampa public relations firm more than $200,000 for media relations help since April 2013 - 16 months before the school opened.
- Florida woman gets 5 years for trying to hire hit man Updated: Nov-24-15 3:57 pm
LAKELAND, Florida - A Florida woman has been sentenced to five years in prison for trying to hire a hit man to kill her husband.
- Parents charged after infant dies from dehydration Updated: Nov-22-15 3:57 am
FROSTPROOF, Florida - Florida parents are facing aggravated manslaughter charges after authorities say their 8-week-old daughter died from dehydration.
- Lakeland man is new Florida's Natural Growers CEO Updated: Nov-21-15 12:57 am
LAKE WALES, Florida - Bob Behr, the new CEO at Florida's Natural Growers, has overachieved, at least in the opinion of his pre-kindergarten teacher.
- Train hits semi pulling car-carrier trailer Updated: Nov-20-15 3:02 am
LAKELAND, Florida - Officials say no one was injured when a train hit a semi pulling a car-carrier trailer in central Florida.
- Man gets 20 years for running dogfighting ring Updated: Nov-20-15 3:01 am
BARTOW, Florida - A central Florida man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for running a dogfighting ring.
- Man faces death penalty for killing daughter, girl's mother Updated: Nov-19-15 4:03 pm
BARTOW, Florida - A central Florida man has been convicted of killing his 3-year-old daughter and her mother.
- 2 children sustain minor injuries in bus crash Updated: Nov-19-15 3:02 am
LAKELAND, Florida - Authorities say two children sustained minor injuries when a van hit a central Florida school bus.
- 2 citrus industry leaders killed in helicopter crash Updated: Nov-18-15 10:51 am
WINTER HAVEN, Florida - Two Florida citrus industry leaders are among the victims of a helicopter crash in southern Nicaragua.
- Liquor to be sold in Lakeland before noon on Sundays Updated: Nov-17-15 3:01 am
LAKELAND, Florida - Bars, restaurants and other alcohol vendors can now sell drinks before noon, and the prohibition on packaged liquor sales on Sundays has ended in Lakeland.
- Deputies: Florida man accused in hammer attack on dad Updated: Nov-06-15 2:12 pm
LAKELAND, Florida - A 23-year-old central Florida man is accused of fatally beating his father with a hammer.