- Confederate monument vandalized for second time in 3 weeks Updated: Aug-04-15 6:47 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Confederate monument in Charlotte has been vandalized for the second time in three weeks, police said Tuesday.
- Evidence mounts in trial of police officer in man's death Updated: Aug-04-15 4:53 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - In the trial of a white Charlotte police officer charged with killing a black man who was seeking help after a car crash, attorneys focused Tuesday on the immediate aftermath of the brief, violent encounter between the two men.
- The Latest: Crime scene photos introduced in officer's trial Updated: Aug-04-15 4:25 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The latest on the trial of a white Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer charged with voluntary manslaughter in the shooting death of an unarmed black man seeking help after a crash in September 2013 (all times local):
- Feds charge 3 men accused of prepping for martial law Updated: Aug-03-15 9:44 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Three North Carolina men fearing a government takeover and martial law stockpiled weapons, ammunition and tactical gear while attempting to rig home-made explosives, according to charges announced by the Justice Department on Monday.
- 2 killed after car crashes into tree after police chase Updated: Aug-03-15 4:23 pm
CORNELIUS, North Carolina - Authorities in Cornelius say two people are dead after their car crashed into a tree and burst into flames as the driver tried to evade police.
- 2 killed in fiery crash after NC police back out of chase Updated: Aug-03-15 8:25 am
CORNELIUS, North Carolina - Authorities have released the names of two people killed in a flaming crash minutes after police in a Charlotte suburb say they quit chasing a vehicle.
- Body cameras get little attention from NC lawmakers Updated: Aug-02-15 11:37 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - In the wake of unrest over police killings of unarmed black men in Ferguson, Missouri and Baltimore, the trial of a former Charlotte police officer charged with manslaughter for the 2013 shooting of Jonathon Ferrell has been met with relative calm.
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer arrested for DWI Updated: Jul-31-15 3:02 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police detectives say an officer is accused of driving his patrol cruiser while impaired.
- Moratorium on smaller coal ash reuse projects will end Updated: Jul-31-15 2:51 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A moratorium on using coal ash as constructional fill on some projects is ending, but North Carolina regulators have failed to come up with new standards to reduce the public's exposure to potentially toxic chemicals, an environmental group said Friday.
- Judge says experts can testify in Charlotte officer's trial Updated: Jul-31-15 6:46 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A judge in Charlotte has ruled that experts will be allowed to testify in the trial of a white police officer accused of shooting and killing an unarmed black man nearly two years ago.
- Gettleman looks to make it 3 straight playoffs Panthers Updated: Jul-29-15 5:56 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - There were some questions when Panthers owner Jerry Richardson hired Dave Gettleman as the team's new general manager in 2013.
- Crew chief Adam Stevens pushes Busch's comeback along Updated: Jul-29-15 4:43 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - There was little doubt that Kyle Busch and crew chief Adam Stevens could be successful together. The duo won 19 of their 52 Xfinity Series races, so chemistry clearly wasn't a problem.
- NASCAR penalizes Premium Motorsports for unattached weight Updated: Jul-29-15 3:45 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - NASCAR has penalized Premium Motorsports because an unattached weight fell off the car during practice last weekend at Indianapolis.
- Panthers' Rivera could miss practices after brother's death Updated: Jul-29-15 3:26 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Panthers say coach Ron Rivera plans to be at Wofford College on Thursday when players report to training camp, but could miss some practices following the death of his brother.
- Hornets sign free agent guard Elliot Williams Updated: Jul-28-15 2:27 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Hornets have announced they have signed free agent guard Elliot Williams.
- Person struck, killed by train in Charlotte Updated: Jul-28-15 6:41 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - One person has been killed after being struck by a train in Charlotte.
- Panthers' Martin contemplates retirement after back injury Updated: Jul-27-15 7:05 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Carolina Panthers offense tackle Jonathan Martin, the lineman harassed during the Miami Dolphins' 2013 bullying scandal, is contemplating retirement following a back injury.
- Teen dies after being kicked in head by her father's horse Updated: Jul-27-15 9:13 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A 15-year-old North Carolina girl has died after being kicked in the head by her father's horse over the weekend.
- Stabbing of Charlotte mother stays unsolved after 20 years Updated: Jul-26-15 11:32 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The family of a woman stabbed to death in 1990 in her Charlotte home hasn't stopped looking for her killer.
- Person struck and killed by train in Salisbury Updated: Jul-24-15 7:16 am
SALISBURY, North Carolina - Officials say a pedestrian has been struck and killed by an Amtrak train near Salisbury.
- Second-degree murder charges filed in wreck that killed 3 Updated: Jul-23-15 6:09 pm
HILLSBOROUGH, North Carolina - Authorities say second-degree murder charges have been filed against a 20-year-old UNC student accused in a wrong-way crash that killed three people.
- Man gets more than 6 years in prison in NC Ponzi scheme Updated: Jul-23-15 12:28 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Authorities say a man who used money from about 25 Charlotte investors to pay for dinners, jewelry, electronics, furniture and hotel stays has been sentenced to more than six years in prison after pleading guilty last year to securities fraud.
- Charlotte hopes to host more SC-NC football games Updated: Jul-23-15 8:05 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - South Carolina and North Carolina open their college football seasons in Charlotte on Sept. 3 at the home of the Carolinas Panthers.
- Hornets sign 6-foot-9 free agent forward Tyler Hansbrough Updated: Jul-22-15 5:30 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Tyler Hansbrough hopes to jumpstart his basketball career in the same state where he first emerged on to the national scene.
- Man shot to death at Charlotte home Updated: Jul-22-15 9:29 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Police in Charlotte are investigating the shooting death of a man found in the backyard of a home.