- Prominent pastor of NC church shot dead while cleaning gun Updated: Aug-30-15 5:05 pm
WEDDINGTON, North Carolina - The pastor of a Southern Baptist church in Charlotte is dead from a gunshot wound while cleaning his gun.
- Panthers trim 8 players from roster Updated: Aug-30-15 3:26 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers have cut eight players, including two wide receivers.
- Mortgage handling complaints persist for NC consumers Updated: Aug-30-15 11:58 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Complaints against mortgage companies continue to stream in from financial consumers in North Carolina nine years after the start of the U.S. housing crisis.
- Brady throws 2 INTs, 1 TD, Patriots beat Panthers 17-16 Updated: Aug-28-15 11:38 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - At least for one series Tom Brady looked like Tom Brady again.
- The Latest: Caucus presidents asks for retrial Updated: Aug-28-15 7:42 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The latest on the state of North Carolina's decision not to retry a white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black man in 2013. (All times local):
- Prosecutors: No retrial for white officer who shot black man Updated: Aug-28-15 11:41 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina state attorneys have decided against retrying a white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black man after his trial ended last week in a deadlock.
- Case built to protect Confederate monument vandalized twice Updated: Aug-28-15 5:49 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Mecklenburg County officials have encased a Confederate monument in a Plexiglas barrier to prevent it from being vandalized again.
- Stephanie Ready becomes full-time female NBA game analyst Updated: Aug-27-15 6:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - FOX Sports Southeast has promoted Stephanie Ready to NBA game analyst covering the Charlotte Hornets.
- NC police chief says trial has created rift in department Updated: Aug-27-15 2:49 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The police chief in North Carolina's largest city says the recent trial of a white police officer accused in the shooting death of an unarmed black man has created a rift in the department, but he added that the division hasn't affected public safety.
- Clifford: Hornets play better, win more with Kidd-Gilchrist Updated: Aug-26-15 4:42 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Charlotte coach Steve Clifford can rattle off a dozen reasons why the Hornets gave small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist a big contract extension.
- Panthers' Shula: It may take 'committee' to replace Benjamin Updated: Aug-26-15 1:59 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Mike Shula isn't dwelling over the loss of wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin for the season.
- Albemarle moving corporate headquarters to Charlotte Updated: Aug-25-15 12:56 pm
NEW YORK - Albemarle is moving its corporate headquarters and performance chemicals business from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Rivera expects Panthers DT Lotulelei back for regular season Updated: Aug-25-15 12:56 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Panthers coach Ron Rivera says he expects starting defensive tackle Star Lotulelei to be back on the field for the Sept. 13 regular-season opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Vacuum maker opens NC site, has been hiring for months Updated: Aug-25-15 12:22 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The maker of the Hoover, Dirt Devil and Oreck vacuum cleaners plans to hire about 200 workers in Charlotte over the next two years and started hiring months ago.
- Panthers to rest injured Kalil for remainder of preseason Updated: Aug-24-15 7:53 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers plan to be cautious with center Ryan Kalil after the four-time Pro Bowl selection sprained his left knee in a preseason game Saturday night against the Miami Dolphins.
- Premier Inc. meets 4Q profit forecasts Updated: Aug-24-15 7:04 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Premier Inc. on Monday reported fiscal fourth-quarter net income of $8 million.
- Belk to sell itself and go private in $3B deal Updated: Aug-24-15 3:25 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Department store chain Belk Inc. says it has agreed to sell itself to New York-based private equity firm Sycamore Partners and go private in a deal that it valued at about $3 billion, including assumed debt.
- Charlotte teacher charged with sex crimes against children Updated: Aug-24-15 10:38 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A Charlotte elementary school teacher has been arrested and charged with sex crimes against children.
- Man shot to death at Charlotte gas station Updated: Aug-24-15 10:05 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A man has been found shot to death at a gas station in Charlotte just off Interstate 77.
- Tannehill, Williams shine in Miami's 31-30 loss to Panthers Updated: Aug-22-15 11:51 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Ryan Tannehill likes the direction of the Miami Dolphins.
- Convicted felon gets 34 years in prison for shooting officer Updated: Aug-22-15 1:22 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Authorities say a convicted felon accused of shooting a North Carolina police officer in Fort Mill last year has agreed to a plea deal which could lead to 34 years in prison.
- Anti-abortion groups protesting across the Carolinas Updated: Aug-22-15 4:04 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Anti-abortion activists are protesting outside Planned Parenthood clinics across the Carolinas.
- US Airways to skip Pittsburgh for ceremonial final flight Updated: Aug-21-15 8:26 pm
PITTSBURGH - A former county executive says US Airways is insulting the city that helped give it its start.
- SMI owner Bruton Smith treated for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma Updated: Aug-21-15 6:17 pm
BRISTOL, Tennessee - Speedway Motorsports Inc. executive chairman Bruton Smith revealed Friday that he was treated for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in June and used this weekend's races at Bristol Motor Speedway as motivation during his recovery.
- Coin dealer pleads guilty to defrauding more than 400 people Updated: Aug-20-15 3:20 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Federal prosecutors say a coin and precious metals dealer and his company pleaded guilty to wire fraud charges for defrauding more than 400 people of over $15 million.