- NASCAR to try new aero packages at 3 additional tracks Updated: Jul-07-15 8:18 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - NASCAR will use track-specific rules packages at three more race tracks as the sanctioning body continues to try to improve the racing.
- Calls for boating training after 3 die near Charlotte Updated: Jul-07-15 7:43 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Boating groups say the state should require safety education after three people died in boat crashes near Charlotte during the July 4 holiday weekend.
- Airline: Flight returns to airport after unspecified threat Updated: Jul-07-15 12:24 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - American Airlines says a Minneapolis-bound flight returned to Charlotte Douglas International Airport shortly after taking off when the airline received a security threat.
- NC hotel to refund service charges paid during CIAA tourney Updated: Jul-06-15 4:02 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A Charlotte hotel will refund the service charge that people paid for food and drink in its lounge during the CIAA basketball tournament, the N.C. Attorney General's office announced Monday.
- Officials identify 2 killed in Mountain island Lake crash Updated: Jul-06-15 6:38 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Officials have identified two people killed in a boat crash on Mountain Island Lake near Charlotte.
- Hurricanes hire Mark Morris as minor-league coach Updated: Jul-03-15 3:44 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Carolina Hurricanes have hired veteran coach Mark Morris to coach their AHL affiliate in Charlotte.
- Change of venue sought for officer charged in shooting death Updated: Jul-03-15 12:54 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Lawyers for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer accused in the shooting death of an unarmed black man say their client can't get a fair trial in the county.
- First-round pick Kaminsky signs contract with Hornets Updated: Jul-02-15 8:50 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - First-round draft pick Frank Kaminsky has signed a contract with the Charlotte Hornets.
- Boy chained up with dead chicken around neck tells his story Updated: Jul-01-15 5:52 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Handcuffed and shackled to a block of steel, the young boy would brace himself when he heard footsteps outside his bedroom door. He knew that once the grown-ups entered, the abuse would begin.
- Police: Homeowner shoots, kills man who'd already shot woman Updated: Jul-01-15 7:31 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Police in Charlotte say a homeowner has shot and killed a man who was pointing a gun at a woman he'd already shot during an argument.
- A record 1.2M North Carolinians traveling this weekend Updated: Jun-30-15 1:02 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A record 1.2 million North Carolinians are expected to travel more than 50 miles to celebrate the July 4th holiday.
- Putney sworn in as new Charlotte-Mecklenburg police chief Updated: Jun-29-15 2:08 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Kerr Putney is the new chief of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, capping his ascent through the ranks to lead the force in North Carolina's largest city.
- Police: Wake County man charged with assault at LGBT bar Updated: Jun-29-15 5:44 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A Wake County man has been charged with assault after police say he entered an LGBT bar, angrily criticized the Supreme Court's ruling legalizing same-sex marriage and then slapped the owner.
- Judge denies hog producer's bid to dismiss lawsuit claims Updated: Jun-26-15 4:51 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A federal judge has denied hog producer Murphy-Brown LLC's motion to dismiss some claims in lawsuits filed by more than 500 neighbors of North Carolina hog farms.
- Clifford likes Hornets new look after trades, draft Updated: Jun-26-15 4:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Charlotte Hornets' roster has a vastly different look than it did two weeks ago. And third-year coach Steve Clifford said that's a good thing.
- Fast-growing North Carolina region at odds over traffic jams Updated: Jun-26-15 1:51 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Like many fast-growing parts of the country, North Carolina's Triangle region is trying to avoid being strangled by its own success: Traffic is thickening, drivers are getting stuck in it and there's no simple solution in sight.
- MLB plans to open 2nd replay center in San Francisco Updated: Jun-26-15 11:24 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Major League Baseball plans to open a second replay center in San Francisco.
- Hornets trade 2nd round pick Juan Vaulet to Nets Updated: Jun-26-15 12:35 am
- Hornets take Wisconsin's Kaminsky with 9th pick Updated: Jun-26-15 12:29 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Frank Kaminsky grew up in the Chicago area, the walls of his bedroom decorated with posters of Michael Jordan.
- The Latest: Lanky commissioner stands tall during NBA draft Updated: Jun-25-15 11:31 pm
The Latest from the NBA draft at Barclays Center in New York (All times local):
- Fire at black Georgia church was arson, officials say Updated: Jun-25-15 7:01 pm
MACON, Georgia - A fire that damaged a predominantly black church in middle Georgia has been ruled arson, authorities say.
- Pastor of church damaged by fire forgives suspected arsonist Updated: Jun-25-15 5:12 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The pastor of a predominantly black church damaged by a fire that authorities believe was intentionally set says he forgives whoever was responsible and wants to move forward.
- North Carolina experiencing drought for 1st time in 2 years Updated: Jun-25-15 4:27 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Officials at the State Climate Office at N.C. State University say North Carolina is experiencing drought for the first time in at least two years.
- Grizzlies acquire Matt Barnes from Charlotte Hornets Updated: Jun-25-15 3:05 pm
- Sealed Air Corp. to break ground on new global headquarters Updated: Jun-25-15 4:53 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Sealed Air Corporation, the Fortune 500 company behind Bubble Wrap, plans to hold a groundbreaking ceremony for its new global headquarters at the LakePointe Corporate Center.