- Blues invite Scott Gomez for tryout Updated: Aug-27-15 5:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues invited veteran forward Scott Gomez to training camp for a tryout.
- Whitecaps beat Impact 2-0 to win Canadian Championship Updated: Aug-27-15 12:42 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Octavio Rivero and Tim Parker scored and the Vancouver Whitecaps won their first Voyageurs Cup title, beating the Montreal Impact 2-0 on Wednesday night in the second leg of the Canadian Championship.
- 6 dead in small plane crash in Quebec Updated: Aug-24-15 5:47 pm
LES BERGERONNES, Quebec - Quebec provincial police say all six people aboard a seaplane that crashed on the province's North Shore have died.
- Le Toux scores in 78th, Union beat Impact 1-0 Updated: Aug-22-15 10:15 pm
MONTREAL - Sebastien Le Toux scored in the 78th minute and the Philadelphia Union beat Montreal 1-0 on Saturday night to spoil Didier Drogba's debut for the Impact.
- Las Vegas, Quebec City advance in NHL expansion process Updated: Aug-21-15 7:09 pm
Las Vegas and Quebec City advanced to the third and final formal stage to land NHL expansion franchises.
- 'Family first' for NHL All-Star Briere in retirement Updated: Aug-18-15 5:49 pm
VOORHEES, New Jersey - Danny Briere could have scraped by for one more NHL season, hung on as fourth-line center and provided veteran leadership for a team needing an extra push toward a Stanley Cup.
- Rafael Nadal hopes to finish tough season on a high note Updated: Aug-17-15 3:12 pm
MASON, Ohio - Rafael Nadal hopes his hard work will pay off in a rewarding end of the season, starting this week in Cincinnati and extending into the U.S. Open.
- Andy Murray beats Novak Djokovic in Montreal final Updated: Aug-16-15 6:42 pm
MONTREAL - Andy Murray beat top-ranked Novak Djokovic 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 on Sunday in the Rogers Cup for his fourth tournament victory of the year and third title in the Canadian event.
- Bute stops DiLuisa in 4th round in return to ring Updated: Aug-15-15 11:42 pm
MONTREAL - Former world champion Lucian Bute of Montreal emerged from a 19-month ring absence to stop European light heavyweight champion Andrea Di Luisa in the fourth round Saturday night.
- Top-ranked Djokovic beats Chardy to reach Montreal final Updated: Aug-15-15 10:03 pm
MONTREAL - Top-ranked Novak Djokovic advanced to the Rogers Cup final, beating France's Jeremy Chardy 6-4, 6-4 on Saturday.
- Michael Sam leaves CFL's Alouettes Updated: Aug-14-15 9:03 pm
MONTREAL - Michael Sam is stepping away from pro football.
- ATP fines Kyrgios for 'insulting remark' toward Wawrinka Updated: Aug-13-15 10:38 pm
MONTREAL - The ATP fined Nick Kyrgios $10,000 on Thursday for his "insulting comment" toward French Open champion Stan Wawrinka during a match at the Rogers Cup.
- Bob Fillion, won 2 Cups with Montreal in 1940s, dies at 94 Updated: Aug-13-15 5:17 pm
MONTREAL - Bob Fillion, who won the Stanley Cup with the Montreal Canadiens in 1944 and 1946, has died. He was 94.
- Sam Querrey earns 1st-round win in Montreal Updated: Aug-10-15 11:18 pm
MONTREAL - Sam Querrey got past Martin Klizan in straight sets 6-3, 6-3 in the first round of the Rogers Cup men's tournament on Monday.
- Chris Rolfe scores early in United's 1-0 win Impact Updated: Aug-08-15 10:53 pm
MONTREAL - Chris Rolfe scored early and Bill Hamid was strong in goal in D.C. United's 1-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Saturday night.
- Michael Sam makes Canadian Football League debut Updated: Aug-08-15 12:51 am
- Former champ Lennox Lewis looks to revive Canadian boxing Updated: Aug-06-15 4:27 pm
MONTREAL - Lennox Lewis wants to revive pro boxing in Canada.
- Lloyd Sam scores in Red Bulls' 1-1 tie with Impact Updated: Aug-05-15 10:23 pm
- Designer Arnold Scaasi dead at 85 Updated: Aug-04-15 5:20 pm
NEW YORK - Designer Arnold Scaasi, whose bright, flamboyant creations adorned first ladies from Mamie Eisenhower to Laura Bush and film stars from Elizabeth Taylor to Barbra Streisand, has died. He was 85.
- Canadian rivers: Solution to Northeast's high energy prices? Updated: Aug-02-15 12:28 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Plenty of raw electricity sloshes around in Quebec's rivers and reservoirs, promising relief for U.S. northeasterners, who pay the nation's highest power costs. But getting those electrons to smartphones and air conditioners in Boston, Hartford and New York City is another matter entirely.
- PSG beats Lyon 2-0 in French league curtain raiser Updated: Aug-01-15 5:29 pm
MONTREAL - Paris Saint-Germain won the Trophee des Champions for the second straight year 2-0 over Lyon on Saturday.
- Roger Federer pulls out of Montreal tournament Updated: Jul-29-15 6:27 pm
MONTREAL - Roger Federer pulled out of next month's Rogers Cup hard-court tournament on Wednesday.
- British Airways flight diverted to Canada after bomb threat Updated: Jul-29-15 10:46 am
TORONTO - A Canadian police official says that a British Airways flight from Las Vegas to London has been diverted to Montreal after a bomb threat.
- British Airways' Las Vegas to London flight diverted Updated: Jul-29-15 10:13 am
LAS VEGAS - A British Airways flight from Las Vegas to London was diverted to Montreal.
- Michael Sam to make CFL debut for Alouettes in August Updated: Jul-28-15 5:38 pm
MONTREAL - Michael Sam will make his debut with the Montreal Alouettes in August, but his coach won't give an exact date.