- SC lawmakers agree to budget with 3.25 percent pay increase Updated: May-28-16 3:38 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Legislators have agreed to a roughly $7.5 billion spending plan that increases state employees' pay by 3.25 percent, puts $30 million into replenishing sand on South Carolina's beaches and provides local governments an additional $11 million.
- Man shot and wounded in parking lot of South Carolina mall Updated: May-28-16 2:57 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Authorities say a man has been shot and wounded in the parking lot of a South Carolina shopping mall.
- Man shot in parking lot of Columbia mall; shops remain open Updated: May-28-16 2:23 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Authorities say a man has been shot in the parking lot of a shopping mall in Columbia.
- Richland County rec director faces several drug charges Updated: May-28-16 1:19 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Authorities say the director of recreation in Richland County has been charged with several drug trafficking offenses.
- Judge says teen must stay in adult prison after DJJ riot Updated: May-28-16 12:36 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A judge has decided an 18-year-old sent to an adult jail after authorities say he was the leader of a recent riot should not be sent back to the state's main prison for juveniles.
- Police search for man who escaped from Columbia prison Updated: May-27-16 7:03 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Officials are looking for an inmate who escaped from a Columbia prison.
- House panel may recommend criminal charges for state worker Updated: May-26-16 5:36 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A South Carolina House committee will decide whether to recommend perjury charges against a Department of Public Safety official after lawmakers were displeased with her answers about a recording that captured her telling someone it was OK to tell a "white lie."
- Legislators agree to study moving Confederate Relic Room Updated: May-26-16 2:12 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Legislators aren't spending any money next fiscal year to display the Confederate flag sent to a museum last summer as they await an analysis on moving the entire museum to Charleston.
- Church slaying families accept pursuit of death penalty Updated: May-25-16 8:29 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The husband of a woman gunned down at a historic black church in Charleston with eight other people said Wednesday he won't be at peace until the man charged in the slayings is put to death.
- Columbia officer in hospital after being hit on interstate Updated: May-25-16 10:43 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A police officer is still in the hospital after being struck while on the side of a freeway leading out of downtown Columbia.
- State says local governments must take lead in fighting Zika Updated: May-25-16 7:18 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - State health officials say that it's up to local governments to take the lead in battling mosquitoes that could carry the Zika virus.
- Bill creates special legislative session that starts June 15 Updated: May-24-16 3:54 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Legislators will likely return to Columbia in mid-June for a special legislative session.
- GOP governors ask FCC to address illegal prison cellphones Updated: May-24-16 12:36 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Ten Republican governors want the Federal Communications Commission to give states more autonomy to apply technology that can stop prison inmates from using smuggled cellphones.
- Haley, GOP governors ask FCC to address prison cellphones Updated: May-24-16 9:02 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley is among 10 Republican governors urging the head of the Federal Communications Commission to give states more autonomy in fighting the issue of cellphone that inmates have illegally in prison.
- Ex-Richland deputy gets 1 year in prison on fraud charge Updated: May-24-16 7:16 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A former Richland County sheriff's deputy has been sentenced to a year and a day in prison for her role in several fraud schemes.
- Spearman honoring high school grads heading to military Updated: May-24-16 5:05 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - State Superintendent of Education Molly Spearman is honoring South Carolina high school graduates who are entering the military, a military academy or participating in ROTC in college.
- Lawsuit: Bar overserved motorcyclist, led to friend's death Updated: May-23-16 4:06 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A Columbia bar has been accused of serving so much alcohol to one of its underage patrons that he became extremely intoxicated and crashed his motorcycle, killing a 19-year-old woman who was riding with him.
- 34-year-old man found dead on Columbia-area roadside Updated: May-21-16 4:52 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Richland County deputies are investigating the shooting death of a man they found on the side of the road north of Columbia.
- Richland County suing state over sales tax collections Updated: May-21-16 4:20 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Richland County is suing the state Department of Revenue, claiming it's overstepping its authority by withholding sales taxes and interfering with how local authorities spend the money.
- Done with it? Do good with it at USC's giant yard sale Updated: May-21-16 6:11 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Browse and buy for a good cause at the annual "Give it up for good" yard sale at the University of South Carolina's Columbia campus.
- Former Chief Justice Finney found after brief disappearance Updated: May-20-16 6:12 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Deputies say 85-year-old former South Carolina Chief Justice Ernest Finney was found safe after being missing for a little over an hour.
- Gov. Haley announces new domestic violence resource website Updated: May-20-16 3:28 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - There's a new website intended to help both victims and perpetrators of domestic violence in South Carolina get resources needed to curb the crime.
- South Carolina police investigate officer shooting of driver Updated: May-19-16 4:33 pm
FOREST ACRES, South Carolina - State police launched an investigation Thursday after a white police officer shot and wounded a black man before an early morning car chase in a Columbia suburb.
- The Latest: Police investigate after officer shoots driver Updated: May-19-16 2:52 pm
FOREST ACRES, South Carolina - The Latest on the shooting of a black man by a white police officer in a Columbia, South Carolina, suburb (all times local):
- Federal prosecutor being sworn in to lead SC Bar Association Updated: May-19-16 4:01 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A federal prosecutor is being installed as the new president of the South Carolina Bar Association.