- USC says its officer violated no policies in fatal crash Updated: Nov-24-15 11:43 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The University of South Carolina says its police officer did not violate any department policy when he crashed while not wearing his seatbelt and driving 76 mph while responding to a call.
- Rep. James Clyburn donates congressional papers to USC Updated: Nov-23-15 4:26 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina native and No. 3 House Democrat James Clyburn announced Monday he's sending his congressional papers to the University of South Carolina to help bring attention to his state's contribution to the national struggle for civil rights.
- Parts of South Carolina expected to face frigid temperatures Updated: Nov-22-15 3:31 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Parts of South Carolina are expected to face frigid temperatures going into Monday.
- South Carolina stunned by The Citadel in 23-22 loss Updated: Nov-21-15 6:22 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Seconds after South Carolina's Pharoh Cooper crossed into the end zone capping what appeared to be a game-winning 94-yard touchdown catch on fourth down, the giant video board switched to a shot of grass with a big splash of yellow.
- Citadel stuns big brother South Carolina in 23-22 upset Updated: Nov-21-15 5:26 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Citadel running back who scored the deciding touchdown against South Carolina used to sell peanuts during Gamecocks' games in high school. The kicker who kicked a career-long 48-yard field goal in the fourth quarter is prepping for an Army career just like his grandfathers.
- Agency grants $30K for mercury study in Gills Creek fish Updated: Nov-20-15 3:46 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The federal government has granted $30,000 to study the presence of mercury in fish that inhabit lower Gills Creek.
- Columbia restaurateur admits he hired people in US illegally Updated: Nov-19-15 12:04 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A restaurant owner became the latest person to plead guilty in an immigration scheme that brought down South Carolina's longest-serving sheriff.
- 2015 AP Northeast Lakes All-District football team Updated: Nov-18-15 5:31 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The 2015 Associated Press Northeast Lakes All-District football teams, as selected by a media panel from the district:
- Ethics panel ends allegations against attorney general Updated: Nov-18-15 4:58 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The State Ethics Commission dropped allegations Wednesday that Attorney General Alan Wilson took eight donations exceeding the legal limit during his re-election campaign.
- USC, Clemson facing off in annual blood drive before game Updated: Nov-18-15 4:02 am
- Background screening company creating 90 jobs in Columbia Updated: Nov-17-15 9:38 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A company that does background checks for employers is expanding in South Carolina, investing almost $3 million in a facility in Columbia and creating 90 jobs.
- SC floods left lakefront property owners with no water views Updated: Nov-15-15 3:31 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina homeowners living around lakes where dams failed in the historic flooding face uncertainty about when their properties will be waterfront again.
- After historic week, Missouri walks away with a win Updated: Nov-15-15 3:00 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - As the final seconds ticked away on one of the most tumultuous weeks in school history, Gary Pinkel stood in the middle of his players Saturday night and did something most unexpected.
- BYU blows lead, loses to emotionally charged Missouri, 20-16 Updated: Nov-15-15 2:59 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall first heard about the unrest on the Missouri campus last Sunday, and for about a day wondered whether their game at Arrowhead Stadium would even happen.
- South Carolina Army National Guard Apache unit being honored Updated: Nov-13-15 4:01 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The commander of the South Carolina National Guard is commending pilots and crews of its Apache helicopter unit for winning a seven-state "gunfighter" competition.
- $7M U of SC gift backs research into kids' health, aging Updated: Nov-12-15 1:16 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Scholars at the University of South Carolina are getting a $7 million gift to help them study how children's health may affect people as they get older.
- Rubio to address South Carolina Chamber Presidential Forum Updated: Nov-12-15 4:01 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Republican presidential contender Sen. Marco Rubio is taking his message before a meeting of the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce.
- Jersey auction raises $101,000 for SC flood victims Updated: Nov-10-15 4:45 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A package of football items that included the signed jersey of LSU running back Leonard Fournette has raised more than $100,000 for flood victims in South Carolina.
- Elliott offers condolences to late officer's family Updated: Nov-10-15 12:50 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina coach Shawn Elliott offered the football team's condolences for Columbia Police Officer Stacy Case.
- Memorial scheduled for Columbia officer who died in crash Updated: Nov-10-15 5:24 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A memorial service will be held at the Township Auditorium for a Columbia police officer who died after her patrol car collided with another officer's vehicle.
- 75-year-old man dies in house fire started by space heater Updated: Nov-09-15 6:25 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Authorities say a 75-year-old Columbia man died in a house fire started by a space heater.
- Fort Jackson: 4 dams on post broke or damaged during storm Updated: Nov-08-15 2:15 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Officials are confirming that at least four dams on Fort Jackson either broke or were damaged during last month's epic flooding that swamped Columbia, including neighborhoods near the Army training base.
- Church members file lawsuit seeking financial records Updated: Nov-07-15 4:26 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Members of a Columbia church have filed a lawsuit to gain access to financial records and determine how it was saddled with multiple mortgages and large tax liens during a former pastor's tenure.
- South Carolina Equality hosting evening with Hillary Clinton Updated: Nov-07-15 4:01 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Leaders of South Carolina's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community are hosting an event in Columbia with Hillary Clinton.
- Staley wants No. 2 South Carolina to forget Final 4 run Updated: Nov-06-15 2:20 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Dawn Staley is not counting on South Carolina's Final Four success last year to lift the Gamecocks even higher this season. That, the coach said, will take the same commitment to hard work her players showed to get to the national semifinals.