- Kelly comes up big in OT, Marshall tops W. Kentucky, 96-93 Updated: Feb-13-16 10:47 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - James Kelly scored seven straight points to give Marshall the lead in overtime and Stevie Browning added two free throws to put away a 96-93 victory over Western Kentucky Saturday night.
- Murray State annihilates SE Missouri State 83-56 Updated: Feb-13-16 10:23 pm
MURRAY, Kentucky - Gee McGhee scored 23 points and Jeffrey Moss added 20 as Murray State demolished Southeast Missouri State 83-56 on Saturday night.
- Texas Western returns to scene of '66 NCAA win over Kentucky Updated: Feb-13-16 6:41 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - The University of Maryland will always be a magical place for members of the 1966 Texas Western basketball team.
- Illinois-Chicago rallies to beat Northern Kentucky 79-77 Updated: Feb-13-16 6:13 pm
CHICAGO - Dikembe Dixson scored 21 points, Tai Odiase added 12 with a career-high nine blocks, including a game-saving block with one second to play, and Illinois-Chicago rallied to beat Northern Kentucky 79-77 on Saturday.
- Tennessee State holds on to edge Eastern Kentucky 79-78 Updated: Feb-13-16 5:02 pm
RICHMOND, Kentucky - Tahjere McCall scored 22 points as Tennessee State held on in the final seconds to edge Eastern Kentucky 79-78 on Saturday.
- Escaped inmate, girlfriend and 3-year-old found in Kentucky Updated: Feb-13-16 4:29 pm
FLEMINGSBURG, Kentucky - A felon who escaped his work release program and fled with his girlfriend and her son has been found in Kentucky.
- Trial moved for man charged in deaths Updated: Feb-13-16 4:28 pm
CADIZ, Kentucky - A judge has moved the trial of a Kentucky man charged in the deaths of his parents, his sister and the man who was his alleged accomplice.
- Louisville police investigating triple homicide Updated: Feb-13-16 3:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville police say no arrests have been made in the deaths of three people found at a home.
- Kentucky coach Calipari thrown out of South Carolina game Updated: Feb-13-16 3:50 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Kentucky coach John Calipari was thrown out of another road game against South Carolina, although this one had a much better ending for the Wildcats.
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62 Updated: Feb-13-16 3:28 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Kentucky coach John Calipari wasn't around to say much about his team's fight for first place in the Southeastern Conference. Tyler Ulis, Jamal Murray and the rest of the 22nd-ranked Wildcats spoke volumes in a blowout win at South Carolina.
- Time capsule opened on Eastern Kentucky University president Updated: Feb-13-16 3:00 pm
RICHMOND, Kentucky - Eastern Kentucky University officials have opened a more than half-century-old time capsule whose discovery on campus came as a surprise.
- Morehead State rallies to beat OVC leader Belmont 78-77 Updated: Feb-13-16 2:57 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - Brent Arrington had 24 points and Anthony Elechi made two free throws with 13.8 seconds left Saturday as Morehead State rallied for a 78-77 win over Ohio Valley leader Belmont.
- Travel MD offers in-home care for older patients Updated: Feb-13-16 1:27 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - As sunlight streamed into Dorothy McGinnis' dining room window, Dr. Cindy Pinson slid the base of her stethoscope across McGinnis' back and listened.
- Hopkinsville man molds driftwood into artwork Updated: Feb-13-16 1:13 pm
HOPKINSVILLE, Kentucky - The Hopkinsville Art Guild's Brown Bag Lunch recently welcomed a local man who's been carving driftwood into his own form of art for the past 41 years.
- Louisville police say woman shot by toddler Updated: Feb-13-16 12:07 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville authorities say a mother is expected to recover after being shot by her 2-year-old child.
- Jennifer Lawrence donating $2 million to hometown hospital Updated: Feb-13-16 11:57 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Actress Jennifer Lawrence is donating $2 million to a Kentucky hospital where she visited sick youngsters during a recent holiday trip home.
- Bill would make men confirm marriage for ED medication Updated: Feb-12-16 7:21 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Kentucky state lawmaker has filed a bill that would require men have at least two office visits and swear on a Bible they are married before a doctor could prescribe them erectile dysfunction medication.
- Willis making most of minutes starting for No. 22 Kentucky Updated: Feb-12-16 6:45 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Derek Willis' hope of getting into the rotation at Kentucky required a lot of patience during a two-year wait for minutes behind a glut of NBA-caliber talent.
- Pitino: Mathiang won't return this season after foot injury Updated: Feb-12-16 6:19 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville coach Rick Pitino says he won't bring back injured junior forward Mangok Mathiang now that the No. 13 Cardinals are out of postseason following a self-imposed ban.
- Bill would ensure insurance coverage of special formula Updated: Feb-12-16 5:24 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Stephanie Greenhill has dipped into her retirement account to pay for the special calorie-packed formula keeping her son alive. Her parents and in-laws also help out, since the family's insurer won't cover the expense.
- Landowners win case against Bluegrass Pipeline Updated: Feb-12-16 4:28 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Landowners who had opposed efforts to put a natural gas pipeline across 13 counties have been victorious in the Kentucky Supreme Court.
- John Nelson retires from Advocate-Messenger Updated: Feb-12-16 1:54 pm
DANVILLE, Kentucky - John A. Nelson, who has led the newsroom at The Advocate-Messenger in central Kentucky for nearly 20 years, has announced that he is retiring.
- Bevin's proposed cuts include government watchdog agency Updated: Feb-12-16 12:57 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - As part of his proposed budget cuts, Republican Gov. Matt Bevin exempted what he considered to be key government services. Those not protected include agencies charged with holding him and his administration accountable.
- Senate leader calls for audit of Kentucky Horse Park Updated: Feb-12-16 12:42 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A leading Senate Republican is calling for a new audit of the Kentucky Horse Park to review what he claims has been mismanagement at the popular tourist attraction in the state's bluegrass region.
- Massive Lexington stockyards fire ruled accidental Updated: Feb-12-16 10:42 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Investigators say a preliminary investigation has found that a construction worker accidentally started a massive fire that destroyed a beef cattle auction business in Lexington.