- Nyquist draws No. 13 post as early 3-1 Kentucky Derby fav Updated: May-04-16 6:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Doug O'Neill was all smiles after early 3-1 favorite Nyquist drew the No. 13 post for the 142nd Kentucky Derby.
- Beshear examining validity of Bevin vetoes, other cuts Updated: May-04-16 6:23 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democratic Attorney General Andy Beshear says he is looking into the validity of Republican Gov. Matt Bevin's budget vetoes and his mid-year spending cuts at several state agencies.
- Derby Kids hit social media Updated: May-04-16 4:18 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The offspring of several Kentucky Derby trainers are hitting social media this week to provide inside dirt on their fathers' horses.
- Construction worker dies in trench collapse Updated: May-04-16 2:16 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A construction worker has died after a trench collapsed alongside a road in Lexington, burying him under dirt and gravel.
- Records show illegal contributions went to Beshear, Conway Updated: May-04-16 1:17 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Newly released court documents show that former Personnel Cabinet Secretary Tim Longmeyer, who pleaded guilty to a federal bribery charge, arranged for illegal campaign donations to Andy Beshear, who was elected attorney general, and Jack Conway, who lost his bid to become governor.
- Man sentenced to 40 years in Richmond couple's 2010 deaths Updated: May-04-16 1:02 pm
RICHMOND, Kentucky - A former Eastern Kentucky University student has been sentenced to 40 years in prison in the kidnapping and murder of a Richmond couple in 2010.
- SIG SAUER to move ammunition plant to Arkansas from Kentucky Updated: May-04-16 12:30 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Arkansas - New Hampshire-based SIG SAUER has announced plans to move an ammunition plant to Arkansas from Kentucky.
- 22 horses entered for Kentucky Derby; field limited to 20 Updated: May-04-16 12:30 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Twenty-two horses have been entered for Saturday's Kentucky Derby, two more than the maximum field of 20.
- Henderson house explosion blamed on gas leak; 1 injured Updated: May-04-16 10:02 am
HENDERSON, Kentucky - The Henderson Fire Department has confirmed that a gas leak was the cause of a home explosion that severely injured one person earlier this week.
- Feds end probe into Bowling Green police minority hiring Updated: May-04-16 9:35 am
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - The U.S. Justice Department has told city officials in Bowling Green, Kentucky, it has ended its investigation into minority hiring practices at the city's police department.
- Humana profit falls on Aetna deal costs, tops expectations Updated: May-04-16 8:58 am
NEW YORK - Humana, saddled with the enormous costs from its tie-up with rival health insurer Aetna Inc., reported a 46 percent decline first-quarter profit, though it still topped most expectations.
- Ireland Army Hospital limiting new surgeries starting June 1 Updated: May-04-16 5:19 am
FORT KNOX, Kentucky - Ireland Army Community Hospital at Fort Knox says it will begin limiting new surgery cases starting next month.
- Harmon announces review of Kentucky Horse Park Updated: May-04-16 3:19 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - State Auditor Mike Harmon says his office will review operations and financial activities at the Kentucky Horse Park.
- Ky. bourbon trail offers a lesson for reviving racing's fans Updated: May-04-16 2:47 am
MIDWAY, Kentucky - Camera-toting visitors to the grounds at Three Chimneys Farm can get a glimpse of the pampered lives of thoroughbred stallions - the star attractions that frolic in lush paddocks or relax in stately stalls when they aren't in the breeding shed.
- The Latest: Sanders gets delegate boost; challenge remains Updated: May-03-16 10:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in Indiana head to the polls for the state primary (all times Eastern):
- Dentist, former Barren County magistrate pleads guilty Updated: May-03-16 5:39 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Dentist and former Barren County magistrate Christopher Steward has pleaded guilty to distributing controlled substances outside the course of his medical practice.
- Louisville students' lawsuit against escort is dismissed Updated: May-03-16 5:23 pm
A Louisville judge has dismissed a lawsuit by University of Louisville students filed against Katina Powell that said the escort's book allegations of sex parties at the men's basketball players' dormitory had devalued their education.
- Mohaymen looks to rebound in Kentucky Derby from 1st loss Updated: May-03-16 4:27 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Mohaymen went from likely Kentucky Derby favorite to a question mark in the span of less than two minutes.
- Once a Clinton stronghold, Appalachia now Trump country Updated: May-03-16 2:11 pm
ASHLAND, Kentucky - When President Bill Clinton rolled into the small Appalachian town of Ashland, Kentucky, in 1996, cheering crowds lined the streets. Local boy-turned-country music star Billy Ray Cyrus performed a special version of his hit, "Achy Breaky Heart" before nearly 20,000 supporters at a riverfront re-election rally.
- Lexington officials report large decline in homelessness Updated: May-03-16 1:30 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The number of homeless people in Lexington has declined substantially recently, thanks to recent community investments in affordable housing and homeless prevention programs, city officials said.
- Rachel's Valentina is 7-2 favorite in Kentucky Oaks Updated: May-03-16 1:14 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Rachel's Valentina is the 7-2 morning-line favorite in the $1 million Kentucky Oaks for 3-year-old fillies on Friday at Churchill Downs.
- Jim Beam fills 14 millionth barrel of bourbon Updated: May-03-16 1:13 pm
CLERMONT, Kentucky - Jim Beam has filled and sealed its 14 millionth barrel of bourbon since the 1933 repeal of Prohibition, achieving a first in the bourbon industry.
- Police: House burglaries, blazes appear connected Updated: May-03-16 11:53 am
NICHOLASVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say they are investigating three house fires that occurred after the homes were burglarized.
- 1 man injured after Henderson house explosion Updated: May-03-16 9:00 am
HENDERSON, Kentucky - A man has been burned after an explosion ripped through a Henderson house.
- Lawsuit: Harlan hospital pharmacy illegally dispensed drugs Updated: May-03-16 8:41 am
HARLAN, Kentucky - The federal government has filed a lawsuit accusing a hospital pharmacy in Harlan County of filling fraudulent prescriptions that a doctor wrote for other hospital employees.