- In Germany, Snyder highlights Michigan's industrial research Updated: Apr-26-16 4:45 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder said his visit to a massive industrial trade show in Germany and his planned stops in other European countries are helping him highlight Michigan as a site of cutting-edge manufacturing research that can attract foreign business to the state.
- Bevin traveling to Germany, France, Belgium this week Updated: Apr-26-16 5:18 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Gov. Matt Bevin is traveling to Germany, France and Belgium this week as part of his first overseas trip as governor.
- Obama boosts Islamic State fight, asks Europe to do the same Updated: Apr-25-16 7:06 pm
HANNOVER, Germany - Evoking history and appealing for solidarity, President Barack Obama on Monday cast his decision to send 250 more troops to Syria as a bid to keep up "momentum" in the campaign to dislodge Islamic State extremists. He pressed European allies to match the U.S. with new contributions of their own.
- Merkel hints at further military effort in Libya after talks Updated: Apr-25-16 1:47 pm
HANNOVER, Germany - German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Monday that she, U.S. President Barack Obama and the leaders of France, Britain and Italy discussed ways of supporting the fragile unity government in Libya and the possibility of expanding military efforts to stop the smuggling of migrants across the Mediterranean.
- The Latest: Obama meeting with European leaders Updated: Apr-25-16 8:51 am
HANNOVER, Germany - The Latest on President Barack Obama's visit to Germany (all times local):
- Administration: Up to 250 military personnel headed to Syria Updated: Apr-24-16 7:11 pm
AERZEN, Germany - President Barack Obama will send an additional 250 military personnel to Syria to help local forces fighting the Islamic State group, increasing to 300 the number of U.S. forces battling extremists in the war-torn country, administration officials confirmed Sunday.
- New Hampshire reps to attend big trade show in Germany Updated: Apr-24-16 11:12 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Members of New Hampshire's Division of Economic Development are taking part in what's billed world's largest trade show for industrial technology.
- Aides: Flint recovery efforts continue as Snyder travels Updated: Apr-24-16 10:48 am
DETROIT - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has embarked on his first trade mission since the lead-contaminated water crisis erupted in Flint, but aides say that even though he's far from home the scandal that has preoccupied him for months remains firmly on his mind.
- Trans-Atlantic trade deal in focus when Obama visits Germany Updated: Apr-23-16 11:17 am
BERLIN - When President Barack Obama opens the world's largest industrial fair in the northern German city of Hannover on Sunday, he'll be leading a delegation of American companies hoping to conquer new markets abroad. He'll also be trying to complete one of his presidency's main pieces of unfinished business - a trans-Atlantic trade pact.
- Thousands protest trade deal in Germany before Obama visit Updated: Apr-23-16 7:23 am
HANNOVER, Germany - Thousands of demonstrators have turned out in the German city of Hannover to protest a planned U.S.-Europe free trade agreement, a day before President Barack Obama arrives.
- Obama, EU leaders to meet over IS group, migration and Libya Updated: Apr-20-16 7:39 am
PARIS - President Barack Obama will meet with French, British, Italian and German leaders in Hannover next week for discussions expected to touch on Syria, Libya, the Islamic State group and migration, European officials said Wednesday.
- German authorities say teen planned 'martyrdom operation' Updated: Apr-15-16 4:07 am
BERLIN - Prosecutors say a 15-year-old girl who stabbed a police officer is being investigated on suspicion of supporting a terrorist organization.
- Ruhr Derby, title chase and relegation scraps in Bundesliga Updated: Apr-07-16 7:04 am
BERLIN - Three days after Borussia Dortmund's biggest game of the season, the German club visits Schalke for the Bundesliga's highly charged Ruhr Derby on Sunday.
- German police officer charged with child pornography possession Updated: Apr-05-16 11:14 am
BERLIN - German prosecutors say they have found no evidence that a federal police officer abused two immigrants while they were in custody, but have charged the 40-year-old with unrelated weapons violations and possession of child pornography.
- Thomas Schaaf won't stay coach of Hannover if club relegated Updated: Mar-30-16 12:18 pm
HANNOVER, Germany - Thomas Schaaf will not stay on as coach of Hannover if the Bundesliga club is relegated, which looks likely.