- Afghan UN staff member killed in southern Afghanistan Updated: Oct-12-15 3:04 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - A female U.N. worker was shot and killed on Monday while traveling to work in the city of Kandahar, an Afghan official said.
- NATO: Helicopter5 dead in non-hostile Kabul helicopter crash Updated: Oct-11-15 5:46 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - A military helicopter crashed in a non-hostile incident Sunday at the NATO base in the Afghan capital, Kabul, killing five coalition members and injuring five others, authorities said.
- Pakistani PM says he wants to revive Afghan-Taliban talks Updated: Oct-10-15 7:03 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said Saturday his government was trying to revive stalled peace talks between representatives of Afghan government and the Taliban.
- Portraits of some of the victims in Kunduz hospital bombing Updated: Oct-10-15 3:38 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - On Oct. 3, a U.S. AC-130 gunship - at the request of Afghan ground forces fighting the Taliban, according to the American commander in Afghanistan Gen. John F. Campbell - mistakenly bombed a trauma hospital run by Doctors Without Borders in the northern Afghan city of Kunduz, killing at least 10 patients and a dozen Afghan staffers. Many more were wounded, and many remain missing in the wreckage of the now-abandoned hospital. The aid group's international staff members have been accounted for. President Barack Obama apologized and the U.S. military is investigating.
- Did US strike on Afghan clinic exceed combat authority? Updated: Oct-07-15 9:49 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. airstrike on a hospital in Afghanistan, which U.S. officials have called a "mistake," may have exceeded the rules American forces have operated under since their combat mission ended nearly a year ago, officials say.
- The Latest: Moon condemns deadly Kunduz hospital bombing Updated: Oct-03-15 3:48 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The latest developments from Afghanistan, where the international charity Doctors Without Borders says that at least 19 people were killed when its clinic came under "sustained bombing" as government and international forces continue to battle Taliban fighters in the northern city of Kunduz (all times local):
- The Latest: Afghan president says Kunduz fully recaptured Updated: Oct-01-15 11:53 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The latest developments as the Afghan government announced it has retaken control of the northern city of Kunduz, which was captured by the Taliban earlier this week (all times local).
- Kabul rejects claim that Afghanistan behind Peshawar attack Updated: Sep-19-15 3:23 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Afghan government on Saturday rejected Pakistan's claim that a militant attack on a military base near Peshawar was planned and controlled from Afghanistan.