- Suicide attack aimed at Afghan official kills guard Updated: Nov-28-15 1:43 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghanistan's election commission says one of its officials escaped unharmed after a suicide bomber targeted his vehicle in the capital, Kabul, killing his bodyguard and wounding his driver.
- Notorious warlord seeks comeback, leverage in Afghanistan Updated: Nov-27-15 3:14 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - After more than 40 years at war, one of Afghanistan's most notorious warlords, designated a "global terrorist" by the United States and blacklisted by the United Nations along with Osama bin Laden, wants to come out of the shadows.
- 5.9 magnitude earthquake hits NE Afghanistan Updated: Nov-22-15 4:09 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The U.S. Geological Survey is reporting that a magnitude 5.9 earthquake has hit northeastern Afghanistan near the border with Pakistan and Tajikistan. There were no immediate reports of casualties.
- Survivors of Afghan hospital attack tell of terror Updated: Nov-21-15 1:49 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - It was like the end of the world, Anayatullah Nazari said. "It was like they were determined to kill us all and that nobody would survive. It was like doomsday, nothing I could ever imagine."
- Afghan official: Drone crashes in mountains near capital Updated: Nov-04-15 9:36 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan official says that an American drone has crashed the in mountains south of the capital, Kabul.
- Afghans swell migrant tide as they flee war, unemployment Updated: Nov-04-15 1:11 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - As a recent high school graduate from a middle-class Kabul family, Mohammed Fahim Aazar has the means to go to college and pursue a profession in Afghanistan, but instead he's acquired a $5,600 visa and a plane ticket to Turkey, where he will embark on the migrant trail to Europe.
- Afghanistan to accept its citizens deported from Germany Updated: Nov-02-15 6:17 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghanistan will take back all its citizens to be deported from Germany as the European country struggles to accommodate hundreds of thousands of refugees and other migrants who have arrived there this year, a Kabul official said.