- Rockford security firm purchases body cameras Updated: Jun-03-15 4:38 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - The head of a Rockford private security firm says body cameras for his employees provide "validation."
- Missouri woman dies in crash on Interstate 64 in Illinois Updated: Jun-03-15 3:33 am
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - A Missouri woman has died after the SUV she was riding in flipped on Interstate 64 in East St. Louis, Illinois.
- Texas rookie impresses Samardzija in runaway Updated: Jun-03-15 12:20 am
- Gallo HR, record 4 RBIs in MLB debut, Texas 15-2 over ChiSox Updated: Jun-02-15 11:53 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Joey Gallo walked into the Texas Rangers clubhouse after his major league debut carrying three baseballs.
- Republican wins runoff for US House seat in Mississippi Updated: Jun-02-15 11:07 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The GOP held on to a Mississippi congressional seat in a special-election runoff Tuesday in which a Republican district attorney handily defeated a fellow attorney and Democratic political consultant who was seeking his first public office.
- 1 killed, 8 hurt in collision of Chicago city bus, vehicles Updated: Jun-02-15 10:52 pm
CHICAGO - Authorities say a collision between a Chicago Transit Authority bus and several other vehicles left one person dead and at least eight others injured.
- Rauner prepares closures, spending cuts if no budget deal Updated: Jun-02-15 6:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner announced plans Tuesday to close state facilities and curtail spending on childcare and senior services if there's no agreement on a state budget by July 1.
- Judge delays Hastert's arraignment in hush-money case Updated: Jun-02-15 4:44 pm
CHICAGO - A federal judge on Tuesday delayed former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert's first court appearance until next week following his indictment in Chicago in a hush-money case.
- Attorney seeking new trial for client wants Staker evidence Updated: Jun-02-15 3:33 pm
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - An attorney for a Chicago man who claims he's innocent of a 2004 suburban murder is asking a judge to block the city of Waukegan from destroying evidence from the 1992 rape and murder of an 11-year-old girl.
- Agriculture officials ask county fairs to beware of bird flu Updated: Jun-02-15 3:01 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Department of Agriculture is warning county fair operators to take extra precautions this summer to stop the spread of poultry and livestock diseases.
- Illinois well services company moving offices to Indiana Updated: Jun-02-15 12:31 pm
VINCENNES, Indiana - A company that services oil and natural gas wells is moving its main office to southwestern Indiana from a nearby Illinois community.
- Q&A: What's next in the Dennis Hastert hush-money case Updated: Jun-02-15 11:28 am
CHICAGO - The federal judge presiding over former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert's hush-money case donated money to the then-Illinois congressman, but he has not said whether he'll recuse himself. That's one of several outstanding issues as Hastert prepares to appear in court on the charges next week.
- Illinois agency continuing to test fish from Waukegan Harbor Updated: Jun-02-15 9:19 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - An Illinois agency says it is continuing to test fish caught from Waukegan Harbor, which was found to be contaminated four decades ago.
- EXCHANGE: Rockford school launches eSports team Updated: Jun-02-15 8:05 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Graham Eichstaedt has been gaming his whole life but only recently ventured into the world of high school eSports and scholarship opportunities.
- Pizza, Cuban sandwiches on line in mayors' Stanley Cup bet Updated: Jun-02-15 7:57 am
CHICAGO - The mayors of Chicago and Tampa are putting a collection of their cities' treats on the line as the Chicago Blackhawks and Tampa Bay Lightning battle for the Stanley Cup.
- Chicago's Shedd Aquarium announces dolphin birth Updated: Jun-02-15 5:14 am
CHICAGO - The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago is announcing its latest addition.
- Terminally ill child receives honorary high school diploma Updated: Jun-02-15 4:53 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A young Illinois boy with a rare, fatal condition has received an honorary high school diploma from a graduating class.
- Ill. secretary of state offers investment-advice website Updated: Jun-02-15 4:38 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White is reminding taxpayers that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- March of Dimes to announce new research center in Chicago Updated: Jun-02-15 4:11 am
CHICAGO - A leading nonprofit group is bringing together researchers at three medical institutions - including two in Chicago - to focus on how gene functions affect premature birth.
- Former Quincy prosecutor seeks to move own murder trial Updated: Jun-02-15 4:09 am
QUINCY, Illinois - A former Illinois prosecutor charged with killing his first wife wants to move the trial from the county where he served.
- AP Source: Bulls plan to introduce Hoiberg as coach Updated: Jun-01-15 11:41 pm
CHICAGO - The Mayor is moving to Chicago.
- Chicago businessman says he is running for president Updated: Jun-01-15 8:11 pm
CHICAGO - Willie Wilson, the Chicago businessman who came in third in the city's mayoral race earlier this year, says he's running for president of the United States.
- Rockford man gets life in prison for rest stop slaying Updated: Jun-01-15 6:53 pm
DIXON, Illinois - A Rockford man who pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the slaying of a woman at a highway rest stop has been sentenced to life in prison.
- Q&A: Rauner begins anti-Democrat blitz as standoff persists Updated: Jun-01-15 6:25 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The state Capitol was quiet Monday, after the departure of lawmakers locked in a budget stalemate with Gov. Bruce Rauner. But the silence belied a cacophony of political ads the rookie administration is about to unleash on powerful legislative Democrats calling them an elite "political class" unwilling to help the middle class.
- Illinois ousts Wright State with 8-4 win Updated: Jun-01-15 5:46 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Ryne Roper hit a two-run double and top-seeded Illinois defeated Wright State 8-4 Monday to advance to the Super Regionals.