- 5 homes burned in 2 fires in Kirtland Updated: Apr-24-16 3:15 pm
KIRTLAND, New Mexico - Fire officials in Kirtland are warning residents not to burn weeds in the wake of fires that have destroyed five homes in two days.
- UNM to cut 16 education center jobs across state Updated: Apr-24-16 2:07 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - The University of New Mexico is cutting 16 positions across six education centers to save on operating costs.
- Correction: Power Plant-Lawsuit story Updated: Apr-22-16 4:35 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - In a story April 21 about a lawsuit involving the Four Corner Power Plant, The Associated Press reported erroneously the entity that a spokesman for the Navajo Transitional Energy Company was referring to when asked about the possibility of a lawsuit against environmental groups. Erny Zah was referring to the company, not the tribe itself. Zah also said the tribal entity always considers legal action an option but it has no immediate plans to file a lawsuit.
- San Juan County residents meeting on Gold King Mine cleanup Updated: Apr-21-16 10:45 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - Residents of northern New Mexico will be able to learn about the long-term monitoring plan in response to the Gold King Mine spill that affected several communities.
- Farmington shoots down hospital's plans for solar project Updated: Apr-18-16 1:32 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - Farmington officials have voted not to allow a hospital to build a solar farm, though San Juan Regional Medical Center had already purchase the panels.
- Farmington family in NatGeo series with Morgan Freeman Updated: Apr-17-16 2:52 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - A Farmington family is featured in the latest episode of a National Geographic Channel series produced by actor Morgan Freeman.
- Police: Farmington man arrested after shooting outside home Updated: Apr-14-16 9:14 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - Authorities say a Farmington man has been arrested in connection with a shooting outside a home.
- Four Corners college adopts 'Indigenous Peoples Day' Updated: Apr-11-16 8:09 am
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - A Four Corners college that borders the Navajo Nation is joining the ranks of higher-learning institutions across the country in recognizing "Indigenous Peoples Day."
- New Mexico lawmaker sued by former campaign manager Updated: Apr-10-16 2:37 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - A former campaign manager is suing New Mexico state Rep. Doreen Wonda Johnson over allegations of missed pay.
- Officials investigate 4 fires near Farmington as intentional Updated: Apr-04-16 12:33 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - Firefighters in San Juan County are investigating four brush fires near Shiprock as human-caused.
- 1 dead, 2 hurt in separate car crashes in Farmington Updated: Apr-03-16 5:46 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - One person is dead and two others were injured in separate crashes in Farmington.
- Woman gets probation for stealing from police evidence room Updated: Apr-01-16 2:09 pm
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - A Farmington woman has been sentenced to probation for stealing drugs and cash from the police department's evidence room.