- The Latest: Sanders pledges to enact 'political revolution' Updated: Feb-05-16 9:41 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The Latest from the 2016 campaign trail with days to go until the New Hampshire primary (all times local):
- Report: SC workers make less, pay more for benefits Updated: Feb-05-16 6:36 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A report on state workers' salaries shows they're underpaid compared with their counterparts in other states and local governments within South Carolina, plus they give up more of their paycheck for health care and retirement benefits than other public workers.
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M Updated: Feb-05-16 3:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - No. 25 South Carolina has followed both of its previous losses with victories in the next game. They look to do it for the third time on Saturday against Southeastern Conference co-leader in No. 8 Texas A&M.
- No. 2 South Carolina vs. No. 1 UConn Gamecocks 1st sellout Updated: Feb-05-16 1:54 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - No. 2 South Carolina will have a packed house when the Gamecocks host No. 1 Connecticut on Monday night, the program's first sellout at 18,000-seat Colonial Life Arena.
- Authorities say Lancaster man died playing Russian roulette Updated: Feb-05-16 10:04 am
LANCASTER, South Carolina - Lancaster County authorities say a 22-year-old man found dead in his truck accidentally killed himself while playing Russian roulette.
- Horry County school employee charged with embezzlement Updated: Feb-05-16 8:02 am
CONWAY, South Carolina - An Horry County Schools employee has been arrested on embezzlement charges.
- 4 arrested in deaths of 2 people in Anderson County Updated: Feb-05-16 7:17 am
ANDERSON, South Carolina - Four people have been arrested in the deaths of two people in Anderson County last month.
- Murder-suicide prompted changes in university's security Updated: Feb-05-16 6:16 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - One year after a murder-suicide at the University of South Carolina's Arnold School of Public Health, university officials say they are confident the campus community is better equipped in case of a similar incident.
- Donald Trump breaks from New Hampshire to stump in SC Updated: Feb-05-16 4:31 am
FLORENCE, South Carolina - Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump is interrupting his busy campaign schedule in New Hampshire to campaign in South Carolina.
- Hospital CEO, 5 others arrested in prescription drug sting Updated: Feb-05-16 4:17 am
BLAIRSVILLE, Georgia - The CEO of a north Georgia hospital is one of six suspects accused of being involved with fraudulent prescription painkillers.
- Legal expert speaks at SC event on cybersecurity, liability Updated: Feb-05-16 4:15 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A University of California legal expert is speaking at a South Carolina Law Review symposium on issues involving cybersecurity and the law.
- No. 25 South Carolina, No. 8 Texas A&M meet in SEC showdown Updated: Feb-05-16 4:02 am
Here are some things to watch in the Southeastern Conference this week:
- DHEC chief attending energy symposium in Charleston Updated: Feb-05-16 4:01 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Offshore oil and gas, solar power and nuclear energy in South Carolina are the focus of an energy forum being held in Charleston.
- Sailor rescued by Maine students plans to sail around world Updated: Feb-05-16 4:01 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A novelist who lost his 30-foot sailboat on an Atlantic crossing is ready to set sail again.
- Coates 27 points lead No. 2 South Carolina to 78-68 victory Updated: Feb-04-16 10:25 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - No. 2 South Carolina got some great play from Alaina Coates to outlast No. 18 Kentucky, then some even better news about injured star Tiffany Mitchell heading to Monday night's showdown with No. 1 Connecticut.
- Brantley's double-double leads Charleston over Towson 65-47 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:09 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Jarrell Brantley scored 16 points and pulled down 11 rebounds, and Charleston dealt Towson a 65-47 loss on Thursday night.
- South Carolina's Tiffany Mitchell taken off court Updated: Feb-04-16 7:51 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Two-time defending Southeastern Conference player of the year Tiffany Mitchell was helped off the court after crashing to the floor as she drove to the lane in the second quarter of No. 2 South Carolina's game against No. 18 Kentucky on Thursday night.
- Prosecutor: Girl texted with college man before stabbing Updated: Feb-04-16 7:30 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Two Virginia Tech students carefully planned the kidnapping and killing of a 13-year-old girl, arranging a pre-dawn rendezvous online after buying cleaning supplies and a shovel at separate Wal-Mart stores, a prosecutor alleged Thursday.
- Bill requires police to get judge's OK to withhold video Updated: Feb-04-16 6:57 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Law enforcement agencies in South Carolina would need a judge's permission to withhold dashcam video under legislation intended to prevent police from indefinitely blocking the public's ability to scrutinize an officer's action.
- Senate majority leader says he's lost patience on roads bill Updated: Feb-04-16 6:02 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A month into the legislative session, state senators are no closer to finding a way to fix South Carolina's crumbling roads, but they spent hours Thursday arguing over their inability to officially debate the issue.
- Charleston leaders plan to clear tent city within 2 months Updated: Feb-04-16 4:42 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Charleston leaders say a tent city where the homeless have been encamped will be cleared within two months.
- Senate Democrats block energy bill in impasse over Flint Updated: Feb-04-16 3:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats on Thursday blocked the first bipartisan energy bill in almost a decade after majority Republicans balked over sending hundreds of millions of dollars in emergency aid to Flint, Michigan, to fix and replace the city's lead-contaminated pipes.
- Police: July killing solved by testing bullets fired at cops Updated: Feb-04-16 3:50 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Investigators say they connected a gun taken from a man who fired on police last summer to the killing of a Columbia man near his home three days earlier.
- Ex-Sen. Lugar says MOX facility vital to nuke agreement Updated: Feb-04-16 3:33 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Finishing a South Carolina plutonium reprocessing project is critical to keeping up the U.S. end of a critical nonproliferation deal with Russia, one of the federal lawmakers instrumental in the agreement said Thursday after touring the facility that's still under construction.
- 200K Undiscovered SC grant to rehabilitate freedman's home Updated: Feb-04-16 12:19 pm
BLUFFTON, South Carolina - A South Carolina effort to attract tourists to less-visited areas of the state will help preserve a freedman's cottage in Beaufort County.