- Deputy shoots man who was waving gun in South Carolina Updated: May-03-16 4:22 am
TAYLORS, South Carolina - The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division is investigating after a deputy shot a man authorities say was waving a gun in Greenville County.
- The Latest: Amtrak also affected Tuesday by CSX derailment Updated: May-02-16 6:46 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the CSX train derailment in Washington, D.C. (all times local):
- 2 arrested and charged with murder in Gaston shooting Updated: May-02-16 6:13 pm
LEXINGTON, South Carolina - Two people are facing murder charges in connection with a fatal shooting in Gaston, South Carolina.
- Port Call: Port envisioned by 2025, Haley wants it yesterday Updated: May-02-16 3:12 pm
RIDGELAND, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley said Monday she expects lawmakers in both South Carolina and Georgia will have to start banking money to help pay for a joint port terminal on the Savannah River, a terminal consultants expect will be needed by 2025 and which Haley said she would've liked to have had yesterday.
- Democrats gather for traditional Galivants Ferry Stump Updated: May-02-16 9:47 am
GALIVANTS FERRY, South Carolina - Democrats are gathering along the banks of the Little Pee Dee River for a political tradition that's more than a century old.
- Great Escape: 19 lab monkeys escape, all recaptured Updated: May-02-16 8:05 am
YEMASSEE, South Carolina - Nineteen monkeys made a break from a compound on the South Carolina coast, but freedom was fleeting.
- Ridgeland police investigating weekend homicide Updated: May-02-16 8:02 am
RIDGELAND, South Carolina - Authorities in Jasper County are investigating after a man was shot on a Ridgeland street over the weekend.
- Authorities investigate after suspect stunned by police dies Updated: May-02-16 7:50 am
ANDERSON, South Carolina - The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division is investigating after a suspect, who police say was intoxicated, died at a hospital after being stunned by officers during his arrest.
- Mystery Man: After 10 years abandoned body still not IDed Updated: May-02-16 7:36 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - It's been a decade since the body of an unidentified young man was found abandoned in a van parked in an interstate rest area in Charleston County. Now officials hope a computer-enhanced picture will help solve the mystery.
- Man charged in missing woman case questions fair trial Updated: May-01-16 5:07 pm
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - The man charged with kidnapping a woman who has been missing for more than two years said he doesn't believe he can get a fair trial in Horry County.
- Largest number of Baltimore orioles spend winter in SC Updated: May-01-16 1:20 pm
ORANGEBURG, South Carolina - For the second year in row, a national survey shows that South Carolina had the largest number of orioles spend their winter there.
- Lowcountry AIDS Services: More HIV-positive cases in 2015 Updated: May-01-16 12:34 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Officials with Lowcountry AIDS Services say they administered 39 HIV-positive tests last year, which was nearly twice as many as the group administered in 2014.
- Undeterred by rescues, novelist ready to set sail again Updated: May-01-16 10:03 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A novelist who was twice rescued from storm-battered sailboats hopes his next adventure lacks in such drama.
- Greenville County fire chief charged with embezzlement Updated: Apr-30-16 6:17 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Authorities have arrested a Greenville County fire chief and accused him of taking $23,000 in public funds to purchase appliances and RV parts.
- Bills borrowing for schools, roads meet crossover deadline Updated: Apr-30-16 11:44 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Bills to borrow money to repair South Carolina's crumbling roads and public schools are among those clearing Sunday's crossover deadline, while measures not likely to make it include those strengthening penalties for killing a K-9.
- Man killed in ultralight crash in wooded area outside Monroe Updated: Apr-30-16 11:33 am
MONROE, North Carolina - Officials in Monroe say a South Carolina man was killed when the ultralight he was flying crashed in a wooded area just outside of town.
- Deputy coroner says 1 dead in Horry County house fire Updated: Apr-30-16 11:13 am
LONGS, South Carolina - The deputy coroner in Horry County says a man has died in a house fire which is under investigation.
- Parris Island Marine Corps Band plays concert in Beaufort Updated: Apr-30-16 4:01 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - Members of the U.S. Marine Corps Band from Parris Island are tuning up for a free public concert.
- Ray Lewis' son charged with criminal sexual conduct Updated: Apr-29-16 6:19 pm
CONWAY, South Carolina - Ray Anthony Lewis III, a Coastal Carolina defensive back and son of former Baltimore Ravens star Ray Lewis, is charged with third-degree criminal sexual conduct.
- Friend of Charleston church massacre suspect pleads guilty Updated: Apr-29-16 4:05 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A friend of the white man accused of killing nine black parishioners during a Bible study at a Charleston church last year pleaded guilty Friday to lying to federal authorities. He also revealed the suspect told him he had intended to kill himself after the slayings, which he had planned for months.
- The Latest: Son of Victim: I don't understand why he did it Updated: Apr-29-16 3:06 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Latest on a guilty plea by a friend of the man accused of gunning down nine black parishioners during a Bible study in a South Carolina church (all times local):
- Ex-South Carolina RB Lattimore moving on without football Updated: Apr-29-16 2:55 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Three years ago, South Carolina's record-setting running back Marcus Lattimore waited anxiously during the NFL draft to see which - if any - team would take a former first-round talent with two seriously damaged knees.
- SC health officials report 1st case of travel-related Zika Updated: Apr-29-16 2:18 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Public health officials say the first South Carolinian to test positive for Zika virus contracted it while traveling abroad and wasn't contagious upon returning home.
- Prosecutor: Greenville club breaks no nudity or sex act deal Updated: Apr-29-16 2:16 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - A Greenville strip club that promised no more nudity or simulated sex acts to stay open is violating terms of the deal, a prosecutor said.
- South Carolina officials search records for foam's use Updated: Apr-29-16 12:42 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina is one of a dozen states beginning to investigate whether a toxic firefighting foam that could be linked to groundwater contamination was ever used in the state.