- Judge approves $90M settlement for ex-Boeing workers Updated: Sep-04-15 7:13 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Boeing will pay $90 million to settle a lawsuit filed by former Boeing workers over retirement and medical benefits after the sale of the company's Wichita operations.
- Kansas Geological Survey says earthquake problem continues Updated: Sep-04-15 11:17 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A reduction in the number of earthquakes rattling southern Kansas should not make anyone complacent about studying the problem, according to the head of the Kansas Geological Survey.
- Kansas case highlights paradox in immigration-related cases Updated: Sep-03-15 8:10 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Federal prosecutors are expected to ask a judge on Friday to deny bond to a Mexican man jailed in Kansas for unlawful re-entry into the U.S., but not because they think he might flee: They fear he'll get deported before facing trial. Again.
- Newman University wrestler dies in motorcycle accident Updated: Sep-03-15 2:14 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Newman University officials say a 21-year-old wrestler from the school died when his motorcycle crashed into a building.
- Kansas Turnpike Authority to tackled flooding risk Updated: Sep-03-15 5:10 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The Kansas Turnpike Authority has announced additional plans aimed at preventing flash flooding along a stretch of the toll road.
- Brig. Gen. named Sedgwick County commissioner Updated: Sep-03-15 5:08 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 49-year-old brigadier general with extensive military experience has been named Sedgwick County manager.
- Police: 4 women arrested in Wichita prostitution sting Updated: Sep-03-15 3:05 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Police have arrested four women in a prostitution sting in downtown Wichita.
- FBI investigating Wichita shooting 'for several months' Updated: Sep-02-15 6:42 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Federal authorities have been investigating the death of a 23-year-old Wichita man who was shot by police.
- Police: 4 teens arrested after chase in stolen pickup Updated: Sep-02-15 5:59 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Police have arrested four teenage boys after a pickup was stolen and authorities were led on a chase.
- Suspect in Wichita State student death headed to prison Updated: Sep-02-15 5:02 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A man suspected in the death of a Wichita State University student is back in prison on a parole violation.
- Feds charge Kansas priest with bank fraud over parish thefts Updated: Sep-01-15 8:34 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Kansas priest charged Tuesday with stealing nearly $151,000 from two parishes and the Catholic Diocese of Wichita used the money to fund his gambling, federal prosecutors alleged.
- Kansas State students asked to sign sportsmanship pledge Updated: Sep-01-15 3:30 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State students will have to sign a sportsmanship pledge before they can pick up their tickets for sporting events this year.
- Man convicted for role in Sedgwick County deputy's shooting Updated: Sep-01-15 4:22 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 38-year-old man has been found guilty in the shooting of a Sedgwick County sheriff's deputy in March 2013.
- Insurance Department studying continuing education programs Updated: Aug-31-15 7:01 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Insurance Department is considering whether insurance agents need more training.
- Kansas man faces likely 20-year sentence for bomb plot Updated: Aug-31-15 11:38 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Kansas man who plotted a suicide bomb attack at a Wichita airport is expected to get 20 years in prison under the terms of a plea deal.
- Police: Man threatens officers with screwdriver at hospital Updated: Aug-31-15 4:43 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 35-year-old man has been arrested after authorities say he tried to assault police officers with a screwdriver at a Wichita hospital.
- Wyatt Earp re-enactor's guns, ammo stolen in Wichita Updated: Aug-30-15 7:16 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wyatt Earp re-enactor is missing guns and ammunition after a thief broke into his car.
- Man to be sentenced in suicide bomb plot at Kansas airport Updated: Aug-30-15 10:37 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Kansas man's odyssey into terrorism culminated when he tried to bring a van filled with inert explosives onto the tarmac at the Wichita airport where he worked, an attack prosecutors say was aimed at causing "maximum carnage" during which Terry L. Loewen would die as a martyr.
- Wichita planning 'urban wetlands' park Updated: Aug-28-15 3:19 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita officials say they're planning an urban wetlands park in the city that could include walking and jogging trails, plus a fishing pond.
- Police: Man dies after car crashes into side of Wichita home Updated: Aug-28-15 4:13 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 45-year-old man has died after his car crashed into the side of a house in Wichita.
- Body of minor found near Haysville school Updated: Aug-27-15 3:21 pm
HAYSVILLE, Kansas - Authorities are investigating after the body of a minor was found near a south-central Kansas school playground.
- Accomplice in Kansas couple's death sentenced to life Updated: Aug-27-15 12:59 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - An accomplice in the killings of a Kansas couple has been sentenced to prison.
- Slide in Kansas oil industry continues to stress producers Updated: Aug-27-15 11:29 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The Kansas oil industry continues to face pressure because of falling prices.
- Father of missing Wichita infant sent to jail Updated: Aug-27-15 9:29 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The father of a Wichita baby not seen since July will spend a year in jail for violating his probation on a battery charge.
- Kansas plans state's first public summit on drones Updated: Aug-27-15 7:17 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas officials are planning a public summit on drones this fall.