- Investigator: Truck's brake not set before damaging track Updated: May-04-16 7:10 pm
- Lawyer says Kansas activist tried to intimidate doctor Updated: May-03-16 5:39 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - An anti-abortion activist intended to intimidate a Wichita physician when she sent a letter suggesting someone might place an explosive under the doctor's car, a Justice Department lawyer told jurors in opening statements in her civil trial Tuesday.
- Fugitive in Joplin police shooting case in custody in Kansas Updated: May-03-16 2:20 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - A man who left a Joplin hospital against medical advice after he was wounded by police is jailed in Kansas.
- The Latest: Civil trial starts for anti-abortion activist Updated: May-03-16 1:13 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The Latest on the civil trial of an anti-abortion activist accused of threatening a Kansas doctor (all times local):
- Recent Kansas Editorials Updated: May-03-16 10:20 am
The Manhattan Mercury, May 2
- B-29 'Doc' a step closer to airworthiness certificate Updated: May-03-16 8:23 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A World War II bomber is moving closer to achieving its Federal Aviation Administration airworthiness certificate.
- Weather Service to re-enact deadly 1991 tornado outbreak Updated: May-02-16 7:50 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - National Weather Service branches in Wichita and Tulsa, Oklahoma, are re-enacting a deadly 1991 tornado outbreak on social media a week after the threat of nasty weather forced them to postpone a similar exercise.
- Police: Woman dies in Wichita parking spot dispute stabbing Updated: May-02-16 7:27 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Authorities say a woman has been stabbed to death in Wichita during a parking spot dispute.
- Kansas House approves changes in judicial selection process Updated: May-01-16 1:42 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A proposal approved in the Kansas House would give the secretary of state a role in how the nine-member commission that names three finalists for each high court vacancy elects its members.
- Wichita woman convicted in death of woman struck by car Updated: Apr-30-16 1:16 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A woman has been found guilty in the death of another woman who was hit by an SUV in Wichita following an argument at a party.
- Woman pleads guilty to murder count in Wichita home invasion Updated: Apr-29-16 7:46 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A 23-year-old Kansas woman has pleaded guilty to second-degree reckless murder and other charges in the death of a 66-year-old woman in a September home invasion.
- Group of retailers offers new plan for Kansas liquor sales Updated: Apr-29-16 4:19 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A group of grocery and convenience stores in Kansas has proposed a new plan for expanding liquor sales, saying it would generate a $41 million cash infusion toward the state's budget deficit.
- Kansas to text parents who owe child support payments Updated: Apr-29-16 3:55 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Department for Children and Families officials say it will begin texting parents who owe child support in an effort increase collections.
- Wichita man sentenced to life for estranged wife's killing Updated: Apr-29-16 8:28 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita man has been sentenced to life in prison in the shooting death of his estranged wife.
- Police probe Kansas theft of Blue Man Group costumes Updated: Apr-28-16 5:34 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Police in Wichita, Kansas, are trying to unravel who made off with costumes of the Blue Man Group while the performance artists were there this week.
- Bill would reinstate income taxes on some Kansas businesses Updated: Apr-28-16 4:31 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Three Republican senators have proposed a bill that would reinstate income taxes for more than 330,000 Kansas business owners and farmers in a way to help address the state's budget problems.
- Kansas House OKs bill cracking down on turnpike scofflaws Updated: Apr-28-16 3:29 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas House has signed off on legislation meant to crack down on people who purposely ignore paying tolls on the state's turnpike.
- Historic statue returns to Civil War memorial in Wichita Updated: Apr-28-16 12:47 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A historic statue has been returned to a Civil War memorial in Wichita after undergoing a nearly three-year renovation in Missouri.
- Report: VA office in Kansas manipulated data on appeals Updated: Apr-27-16 3:06 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Veterans Affairs regional office in Kansas listed erroneous medical conditions for three dozen patients who were appealing rejected claims - an apparent effort to speed up the review process that might have had the opposite effect, government investigators found.
- USGS records 4.1 magnitude earthquake in central Oklahoma Updated: Apr-27-16 1:19 pm
LUTHER, Oklahoma - The U.S. Geological Survey has recorded at 4.1 magnitude earthquake in the Oklahoma City area.
- Man pleads guilty to explosives use tied to abortion clinic Updated: Apr-26-16 3:55 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A homeless man has pleaded guilty to criminal use of explosives after he went to apply for a job a Wichita abortion clinic with a small bottle of gunpowder and a wick in his backpack.
- Wichita infant dies while sleeping with parent Updated: Apr-26-16 8:26 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Police say a 5-month-old baby has died while taking a nap in bed with his mother.
- Police: Body found in Arkansas River in Wichita Updated: Apr-26-16 1:54 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Police say the body of a man in his 30s was found in the Arkansas River in Wichita.
- F-5 tornado struck the Wichita metro area 25 years ago Updated: Apr-25-16 10:38 am
ANDOVER, Kansas - The air was so muggy that day. April 26, 1991.
- Wichita's Cessna gets $14 million Air Force contract Updated: Apr-24-16 4:53 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita aircraft company has won a $14 million Air Force contract.