- Former Labette County bank clerk pleads guilty to stealing Updated: Jul-07-15 3:29 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A former bank clerk in Labette County has pleaded guilty to a stealing from several accounts at the bank.
- Ex-school safety chief 'no show' for trial in child sex case Updated: Jul-07-15 2:47 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A former Wichita school safety supervisor accused of molesting boys in Kansas has been found guilty of similar sexual assault charges in Colorado.
- Wichita approves $2.2M police body camera system Updated: Jul-07-15 2:16 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The Wichita City Council has approved buying a $2.2 million body camera system for the police department.
- Tentative plan to keep Amtrak running in Kansas and Missouri Updated: Jul-06-15 6:56 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Amtrak routes across Kansas and Missouri could keep running under a tentative agreement reached in a dispute over federally required safety systems, officials said Monday.
- Wichita State getting $1M federal grant Updated: Jul-06-15 5:37 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita State University is getting a $1 million federal grant for its new innovation campus.
- Co-owner of Kansas recycling company fined $118K Updated: Jul-06-15 5:08 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - An owner of an El Dorado, Kansas, plastics recycling company has to pay the federal government $118,000 for storing hazardous air pollutants.
- Wichita school district again opts out of free-meals program Updated: Jul-05-15 3:11 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The Wichita school district is again opting out of a program that gives schools in high-poverty areas the option to serve free breakfast and lunch to all students at no cost to families.
- Wichita police say they've made arrest in woman's death Updated: Jul-03-15 12:08 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Police in Wichita, Kansas, say they've made an arrest in the killing of a woman found dead in a house.
- Officials issue blue-green algae warning for 6 Kansas lakes Updated: Jul-03-15 4:56 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has issued a warning of high levels of toxic blue-green algae for six lakes.
- Ex-mayor's son wants Confederate flag removed in Wichita Updated: Jul-02-15 3:11 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita park official has taken down a Confederate battle flag from a park.
- Wichita hospital sees spike in patients using K2 Updated: Jul-02-15 3:01 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita hospitals have been reporting a recent increase in patients being treated after smoking synthetic marijuana, often called K2.
- Northrop Grumman event aimed at Kansas aviation suppliers Updated: Jul-01-15 5:05 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Representatives from Northrop Grumman will be in Wichita this week for a supplier's symposium aimed at the bolstering the aviation industry in Kansas.
- Man accused of threatening children, dog with gun in Wichita Updated: Jul-01-15 4:11 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A man has been arrested after police say he pointed a gun at five children playing with their dog in Wichita.
- Court ruling on air standards may save Westar millions Updated: Jun-30-15 1:49 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Westar Energy said a U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on toxic emissions at power plants could save the company millions.
- Former Kansas county conservation director charged Updated: Jun-29-15 5:39 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The former director of a southeast Kansas conservation district faces federal fraud charges.
- Wichita woman sentenced to probation for stealing mail Updated: Jun-29-15 1:27 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita woman has been sentenced to five years of federal probation for stealing mail and cashing counterfeit checks.
- KanCare starting ombudsman volunteer program in 3 places Updated: Jun-29-15 7:17 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The state-run program that administers Medicaid is seeking volunteer ombudsman for Kansas City, Johnson County and Wichita.
- Tech education incentives cut for Kansas school districts Updated: Jun-28-15 4:23 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Budget cuts are leading to significant cuts to a Kansas program designed to enhance career and technical education.
- The Latest: Religious freedom laws will be examined Updated: Jun-26-15 7:43 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Here is the latest on gay marriage in Kansas. (All times local.)
- Wichita man convicted of trying to kill family Updated: Jun-26-15 7:35 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita man has been found guilty of trying to kill his wife and two sons.
- Court rails against judge who didn't show for jury duty Updated: Jun-26-15 6:13 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal judge won't punish a Kansas judge who didn't show up for jury duty in federal court.
- Wichita police say body found in abandoned home Updated: Jun-26-15 7:37 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita police are trying to determine if a body found in an abandoned home is that of a missing Augusta man.
- Park officials: Bobcat found after hole cut into cage Updated: Jun-26-15 2:40 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Officials of a Wichita nature center say Bobbie the bobcat is back home after vandals cut a hole into in his cage.
- Some Wichita city officials open to discuss Confederate flag Updated: Jun-25-15 5:31 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Some Wichita City Council members say they hope the council will discuss a Confederate flag that flies alongside other historic flags at the John S. Stevens Pavilion at Veterans Memorial Plaza near downtown.
- Advocates allege religious discrimination at VA hospital Updated: Jun-24-15 8:19 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Members of a Native American sweat lodge at a VA hospital in Wichita have been subjected to discrimination and "blatant hostility" aimed at shutting down their religious services, according to a letter sent by a religious liberties group Wednesday to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.