- Kansas senators seek to pause bond program Updated: Feb-13-16 4:14 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas senators want to keep Gov. Sam Brownback's administration from approving new economic development projects that they say cost the state sales tax revenue.
- No. 25 Wichita State falls short in 53-50 loss to UNI Updated: Feb-13-16 2:59 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - It had been nearly three years since Wichita State lost a home game.
- Northern Iowa holds on to beat No. 25 Wichita State, 53-50 Updated: Feb-13-16 2:48 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The better the opponent, the better Northern Iowa seems to play.
- Man robs Kansas convenience store, then turns himself in Updated: Feb-12-16 2:48 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A 28-year-old man is behind bars after having second thoughts about an early morning convenience store robbery and turning himself in.
- Amusement park owner sues former employee over pipe organ Updated: Feb-11-16 4:24 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A pipe organ that has served as the musical backdrop to an amusement park clown is now the subject of a civil court case.
- Police: Man killed in drive-by shooting in Wichita Updated: Feb-11-16 5:54 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Police say a 26-year-old man has been killed in a drive-by shooting in Wichita.
- Bill removing gifted youths from special education abandoned Updated: Feb-10-16 11:40 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A bill that would have made changes to gifted education has been abandoned after an outcry.
- Feds charge Kansas man over fake casino 'players cards' Updated: Feb-10-16 10:29 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Federal prosecutors have charged a former tribal casino employee with embezzlement in a scheme involving fake "players cards" at a casino in northeast Kansas.
- The Latest on Mardi Gras: Gunfire on parade route Updated: Feb-09-16 9:11 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on Mardi Gras in New Orleans (all times local):
- English town regains Pancake Day Race title from Kansas town Updated: Feb-09-16 6:53 pm
LIBERAL, Kansas - Residents of Olney, England, have reclaimed the title in the long-running International Pancake Day Race against competitors from Liberal, Kansas, which involves donning aprons and scarves, sprinting and flipping pancakes.
- Kansas lawmakers give 'revenge porn' bill a second look Updated: Feb-09-16 4:48 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers are weighing legislation that would make it illegal to post photos or videos of a nude person online without his or her consent.
- Police: Man fatally run over by car that hit building Updated: Feb-09-16 4:22 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Police say a 35-year-old man has died after being run over by a vehicle that crashed into a building in downtown Wichita.
- Festival celebrating Kansas to take road trip in 2018 Updated: Feb-08-16 3:23 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A spring festival in Kansas is planning to take its fun on the road starting in 2018.
- Kansas woman accused of abandoning grandson pleads guilty Updated: Feb-08-16 4:17 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita woman accused of abandoning her 5-year-old grandson while fleeing a Kohl's store after a shoplifting incident has pleaded guilty in the case.
- Man sentenced to prison in death of man run over by truck Updated: Feb-08-16 3:49 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A man convicted of running over and killing a Wichita man trying to retrieve a stolen truck has been sentenced to nearly 40 years in prison.
- 2 Kansas universities give campus sex-offender lists online Updated: Feb-07-16 12:38 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - While two universities in Kansas provide online lists of registered sex offenders enrolled or employed on campus, most require that the basic information be provided directly by campus police.
- Analysis: Power struggle heart of debate over Kansas courts Updated: Feb-06-16 10:11 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A legislative dispute over how Kansas Supreme Court justices are selected is a political struggle over whether Republican Gov. Sam Brownback and his supporters can make their conservative fiscal and social policies stick well into the future.
- Kansas bill would protect underage drinkers who seek help Updated: Feb-05-16 4:52 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Underage drinkers could avoid criminal charges if they call for medical help under a bill the Kansas House approved Friday in what supporters said is an effort to head off preventable tragedies.
- Wichita: 2 earthquakes caused more than $100,000 damage Updated: Feb-05-16 10:27 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita officials say the city suffered more than $100,000 in damage from two earthquakes in early January.
- Wichita police find puppy mill, rescue nearly 20 dogs Updated: Feb-05-16 7:54 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita police have seized 20 pit bulls from what they called a puppy mill.
- 2 men sentenced in fatal Wichita house party shooting Updated: Feb-05-16 2:20 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Two men charged in a fatal shooting at a 2014 house party in Wichita have been sentenced.
- Kansas House rejects change in selecting high court justices Updated: Feb-04-16 11:00 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas House rejected a proposal Thursday that would give the governor and legislators more control over appointments to the state Supreme Court.
- Wichita man pleads guilty in 2014 crash that killed 3 people Updated: Feb-04-16 12:15 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita man has pleaded guilty in a drunken driving crash that killed three people and injured two others.
- No. 21 Wichita State runs away from Southern Illinois, 76-55 Updated: Feb-04-16 1:18 am
WICHITA, Kansas - There were many reasons Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson could point to in trying to explain how his team, tied for second in the Missouri Valley Conference, has lost to Wichita State twice this season, each time by more than 20 points.
- Kansas lawmakers pledge support for transparency legislation Updated: Feb-03-16 4:46 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers are pledging support for a bill that would open up private emails sent by public employees about government business.