- Illinois ousts Wright State with 8-4 win Updated: Jun-01-15 5:46 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Ryne Roper hit a two-run double and top-seeded Illinois defeated Wright State 8-4 Monday to advance to the Super Regionals.
- Wright State eliminates Notre Dame with 4-0 win Updated: May-31-15 11:02 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Jack Van Horn tossed eight shutout innings, and Mitch Roman drove in two runs and scored twice as Wright State beat Notre Dame 4-0 on Sunday night, eliminating the Irish from the Champaign Regional.
- Illinois beats Notre Dame 3-0 in NCAA regional Updated: May-31-15 6:47 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Drasen Johnson threw a three-hitter to help Illinois beat Notre Dame 3-0 on Sunday in the NCAA regional tournament.
- Wright State ousts Ohio with 8-3 win Updated: May-31-15 4:41 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Mark Fowler hit a home run and had three RBIs to lead Wright State past Ohio 8-3 on Sunday, eliminating the Bobcats from the NCAA regionals.
- Rain forces suspension, postponement in Champaign regional Updated: May-30-15 6:38 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Ryan Fucci and Mark Fowler hit two-run homers in Wright State's five-run second inning and the Raiders led Ohio 5-2 on Saturday when play was suspended because of rain in the NCAA regional elimination game.
- Notre Dame-Illinois game postponed because of rain Updated: May-30-15 6:27 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The NCAA regional game between Illinois and Notre Dame was postponed Saturday night because of rain.
- Kerian, Duchene lead Illinois over Ohio 10-3 in NCAA tourney Updated: May-29-15 11:36 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - David Kerian hit a three-run homer and Kevin Duchene pitched his first complete game of the season to lead Illinois past Ohio 10-3 in the first round of the Champaign Regional on Friday night.
- Notre Dame beats Wright State 13-7 in regional Updated: May-29-15 5:01 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Ryan Bull had a home run and two doubles to lead Notre Dame past Wright State 13-7 on Friday in the first game of an NCAA regional.
- Fletcher watches son play big-time baseball at Illinois Updated: May-28-15 6:35 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - As he spent his second season at Kankakee Community College, Casey Fletcher was about a day away from accepting the best offer he had to keep playing baseball - at Morehead State in Kentucky.
- New investigation launched into Illinois player allegations Updated: May-26-15 5:18 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois hired a Chicago law firm Tuesday and asked it to launch a second investigation into accusations of mistreatment made by the parents of former women's basketball players.
- Illinois licensing pools, beaches as swimming season starts Updated: May-25-15 12:23 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Swimming season is starting in Illinois and the state has been licensing public pools and beaches.
- Champaign leads Illinois cities in 5-year growth Updated: May-23-15 4:05 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Recent figures from the U.S. Census Bureau indicate that no city in Illinois with 50,000 or more people has grown as fast the past few years as Champaign.
- Illinois adds ex QB Nathan Scheelhaase to football staff Updated: May-19-15 5:14 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois has hired former Illini quarterback Nathan Scheelhaase (SHEEL'-hows) as the assistant director of football operations.
- U of Illinois President: Cuts may be less than proposed Updated: May-18-15 4:50 pm
URBANA, Illinois - In his first day on the job, new University of Illinois President Timothy Killeen said Monday that he is optimistic state-budget cuts will not be as deep as the 31.5 percent that Gov. Bruce Rauner initially proposed. Such cuts would be devastating for the university, Killeen said.
- Some Illini players use Twitter to back coaches Updated: May-14-15 6:29 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Some current and former Illinois football players started their own Twitter campaign in support of Illinois coach Tim Beckman and his staff following allegations they mishandled a player's injuries.
- Illini to host Irish in first meeting since 2003 Updated: May-13-15 5:53 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois plans to reopen the renovated State Farm Center on Dec. 2 against Notre Dame as part of the annual Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
- Player's group wants independent U of Illinois investigation Updated: May-12-15 5:23 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A national advocacy group for college football players says complaints about Illinois coach Tim Beckman's handling of a former player's injuries should be investigated by someone outside the university.
- Champaign man pleads guilty in student's drug-related death Updated: May-12-15 3:45 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A 21-year-old Champaign man has pleaded guilty to killing a University of Illinois student last year during a drug-related robbery.
- EXCHANGE: Salute to veterans: Music helped save the day Updated: May-08-15 8:37 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Days after the invasion of Normandy, Harvey Hodges climbed down a rope ladder onto Utah Beach.
- Medical foundation CEO to speak at U of Illinois graduation Updated: May-08-15 4:58 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The CEO of a foundation devoted to medical issues will be the speaker at the University of Illinois' spring commencement.
- Champaign expects to recover most of investment loss Updated: May-08-15 4:05 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Champaign officials say they expect to recover most of the more than half-million dollars it lost through an investment fund that is the subject of an investigation.
- Illinois pitching dominant, best arm might be in the bullpen Updated: May-07-15 5:17 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois reliever Tyler Jay was part of the Team USA national college team last summer, playing alongside players from traditional powers like Vanderbilt and Florida State.
- Champaign County seeks museum highlighting local innovations Updated: May-07-15 2:05 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - An effort is underway to create a local museum featuring innovations developed in Champaign County.
- U of Illinois plans to launch online MBA program Updated: May-05-15 3:47 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois says it plans to launch an online-only MBA program early next year.
- Climatologist: April in Illinois a bit warmer than normal Updated: May-05-15 5:19 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois' climate was a bit warmer than usual last month.