- Illinois guard Abrams tears Achilles, out for 2nd season Updated: Jul-28-15 5:12 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois senior point guard Tracy Abrams will miss a second straight season because of an injury, a damaging blow to the team's hopes of returning to the NCAA Tournament.
- Mumps outbreak centered at U of Illinois Updated: Jul-28-15 12:20 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - More than two-thirds of the state's 73 known cases of mumps are in Champaign County, according to the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Mitsubishi, UAW to work together on buyer for Illinois plant Updated: Jul-27-15 3:50 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Mitsubishi Motors and the United Auto Workers said Monday that they will work together to look for a buyer for the central Illinois plant the company plans to close.
- Illinois complete non-conference basketball schedule Updated: Jul-22-15 4:42 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois has announced home games with South Dakota, Yale and Western Carolina to complete a non-conference basketball schedule that already included Notre Dame.
- Illinois towns increasingly allow golf carts on streets Updated: Jul-19-15 3:47 pm
TOLONO, Illinois - It's not unusual to see residents zipping around on golf carts in many small Illinois communities, as local officials increasingly adopt ordinances to accommodate the popular vehicles.
- Decatur Mayor Mike McElroy dies at 63 after auto crash Updated: Jul-17-15 7:05 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Decatur Mayor Mike McElroy died Friday after suffering what police said appeared to be some kind of medical emergency while driving. He was 63.
- UI negotiating to privatize sports venue concessions Updated: Jul-17-15 6:38 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois has tentatively agreed to a $10 million contract with a national food service company to provide meals for athletes and fans in premium seats at Memorial Stadium and State Farm Center.
- Illinois brings back happy hour, but not all saying "cheers" Updated: Jul-16-15 5:42 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Happy hour is back in Illinois - but while some bars swiftly announced drink specials that would have been illegal a week ago, not all are saying "cheers" to the new law.
- Illini baseball coach gets raise after record year Updated: Jul-15-15 10:24 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois says baseball coach Dan Hartleb has been given a raise and a five-year contract extension after leading his team to an NCAA regional championship.
- Accused Champaign officer must wear tracking bracelet Updated: Jul-15-15 4:44 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A Champaign police officer charged with sexually assaulting three former girlfriends must wear a tracking bracelet and stay away from their homes.
- Budget standoff affecting University of Illinois finances Updated: Jul-14-15 12:40 pm
URBANA, Illinois - University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana administrators say they normally at this time would be drafting a budget for fiscal year 2017 but they're not because of the state budget crisis.
- Athlete advocates: Fire Illinois athletic director, coaches Updated: Jul-09-15 4:16 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - An advocacy group for college athletes wants the University of Illinois to fire athletic director Mike Thomas, football coach Tim Beckman and others who have been the target of complaints and two lawsuits by former athletes alleging abusive treatment.
- Jury backs Champaign police officer in shooting of dog Updated: Jul-09-15 3:23 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A federal court jury has determined a Champaign police officer acted reasonably when he shot a dog that was being attacked by another dog.
- 6-year-old Champaign boy chokes to death on marshmallow Updated: Jul-09-15 8:17 am
GREENVILLE, Illinois - Authorities in southern Illinois say a 6-year-old Champaign boy choked to death on part of marshmallow while at a private campground on Carlyle Lake.
- U of Illinois names California administrator law school dean Updated: Jul-07-15 5:22 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois has hired a legal scholar with long ties to California as the next dean of its College of Law.
- Illinois' games in Springfield include in-state foes Updated: Jul-06-15 5:02 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois has announced a schedule for its men's basketball team that includes two in-state schools for its games this November in Springfield.
- Illinois basketball attendance down but 15th in the country Updated: Jul-06-15 4:26 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois' men's basketball team drew more people per game last season than all but 14 other teams around the country. But Illini per-game attendance was still down.
- Parents of Illinois players don't believe coach allegations Updated: Jul-02-15 9:50 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The parents of a current University of Illinois women's basketball player and an incoming recruit said Thursday that they don't believe the allegations made by seven former players in a lawsuit this week accusing coaches of creating racial hostility.
- U of Illinois freezes administration hiring over budget Updated: Jul-02-15 5:03 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois President Timothy Killeen on Thursday froze hiring in the school's administration until the state's budget situation is resolved.
- Champaign man who admitted killing U of I student sentenced Updated: Jul-01-15 9:29 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A Champaign man who pleaded guilty to killing a University of Illinois student during a drug-related robbery was sentenced Wednesday to 55 years in prison.
- Illinois rainfall of 9.53 inches set June record Updated: Jul-01-15 4:29 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The state climatologist says Illinois set a record for June rainfall with a statewide average of 9.53 inches last month.
- Champaign sex offender found with 5 children in vehicle Updated: Jun-30-15 10:09 am
URBANA, Illinois - Police in Urbana say they've arrested a registered child sex offender after officers found him with five children in his vehicle at a park.
- Month now officially the wettest in Illinois history Updated: Jun-28-15 3:19 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois' wet June is now one for the record book.