- Swastikas, noose lead U of Illinois to call for tolerance Updated: Apr-29-16 5:25 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Police at the University of Illinois' Urbana-Champaign campus said Friday they are investigating the appearance of three large swastikas in campus buildings while administrators said an employee has been fired over an apparently unrelated noose left on a table in a work area.
- Bus catches fire on Illinois highway, delaying field trip Updated: Apr-29-16 12:19 am
GILMAN, Illinois - Students from a Champaign high school on their way to a field trip had to evacuate the bus that was shuttling them to Chicago after it started smoking and eventually caught fire.
- 6 men charged with dismembering Champaign woman Updated: Apr-28-16 10:45 pm
CHAMPAIGN. Ill. - Six people have been charged with dismembering a missing Champaign woman whose remains were found in a central Illinois lake.
- U of Illinois union to start 5-day strike Thursday morning Updated: Apr-28-16 8:17 am
URBANA, Illinois - A faculty union at the University of Illinois' Champaign-Urbana campus plans a five-day strike after contract talks with the school Wednesday ended without a settlement.
- Dog rescued after he was shot, tied up and mouth taped shut Updated: Apr-27-16 7:09 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A Labrador mix dog that had been shot and tied to an Illinois bridge with his mouth taped closed so he wouldn't bark was starting to show signs of recovery from a long list of injuries, a veterinarian said Wednesday.
- Champaign looking at creating citizen police review board Updated: Apr-27-16 10:27 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - City leaders in Champaign have chosen to create a working group to look at starting a citizen police review board.
- Illinois pitcher wins national honor after 14-strikeout game Updated: Apr-26-16 10:54 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois pitcher Cody Sedlock is the National Collegiate Baseball Writers of America's national pitcher of the week after striking out 14 against Ohio State.
- U of Illinois union plans work-in after last week's strike Updated: Apr-26-16 10:45 am
URBANA, Illinois - A faculty union at the University of Illinois' Champaign-Urbana campus that went on a two-day strike last week plans another work action.
- Body pulled from Illinois lake ID'ed as missing Urbana woman Updated: Apr-26-16 10:23 am
DEWITT, Illinois - The Champaign County coroner has identified human remains found in a central Illinois lake as missing Urbana woman Ashley Gibson.
- University of Illinois athletic director search exceeds $20K Updated: Apr-25-16 3:01 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois has spent more than $20,000 on expenses in its search for a new athletic director, according to documents obtained under a Freedom of Information Act request.
- U of Illinois professor hits 50 years, plans to keep going Updated: Apr-23-16 9:10 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Roy Axford has been a professor at the University of Illinois for 50 years. And he has no plans to stop.
- Hardy Nickerson Jr. leaving Cal to join father at Illinois Updated: Apr-21-16 7:07 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Cal linebacker Hardy Nickerson Jr. plans to transfer for his final season to play for his father at Illinois.
- University of Illinois planning layoffs Updated: Apr-20-16 6:15 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign is planning layoffs as a result of the state financial crisis, according to an email from a school administrator, marking the first time the university system's flagship campus has turned to job cuts amid the budget stalemate.
- EXCHANGE: Sergeant kept cool amid 'a hot mess' Updated: Apr-20-16 6:40 am
RANTOUL, Illinois - Staff Sgt. Dann Hufford earned the Bronze Star facing down a truck full of explosives heading right at him.
- Illinois RB Brown tears ACL, will miss another season Updated: Apr-19-16 11:13 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois running back Dre Brown says he has torn the ACL in his left knee and will miss a second straight season.
- Poet laureate will speak at U of Illinois Updated: Apr-19-16 11:01 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - U.S. Poet Laureate Juan Felipe Herrera will read poetry and have a book signing at the University of Illinois on April 28.
- U of Illinois art museum plans summer closure for renovation Updated: Apr-18-16 11:05 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois' Krannert Art Museum will be renovated this summer and into the fall.
- Illinois women lose leading scorer Chatrice White Updated: Apr-15-16 4:30 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois women's basketball coach Matt Bollant says leading scorer and rebounder Chatrice White plans to transfer.
- Illinois ends Camp Rantoul, plans to train on campus Updated: Apr-15-16 1:28 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois plans to hold fall football training camp on campus this year. The move will end the tradition of preparing for the season in the nearby town of Rantoul.
- EXCHANGE: Woman boosts baseball league for disabled kids Updated: Apr-15-16 8:30 am
DANVILLE, Illinois - It was the beginning of the 2003 baseball season, and organizers of the Tom Jones Challenger League in Champaign were looking for some worthy opponents.
- Champaign police chief fires officer targeted by lawsuits Updated: Apr-13-16 5:36 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Champaign Police Chief Anthony Cobb has fired an officer who was the subject of a series of lawsuits alleging excessive force.
- U of Illinois student charged with murder in baby's death Updated: Apr-13-16 2:00 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A University of Illinois student faces murder charges after authorities accused her of suffocating her newborn baby last month after giving birth in a residence hall bathroom.
- High court allows western Ohio wind farm to proceed Updated: Apr-13-16 11:54 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Opponents of a planned wind farm in western Ohio's Champaign County have lost a legal challenge.
- EXCHANGE: Cooking and cleaning among a firefighter's duties Updated: Apr-13-16 8:25 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - It's just after 8 on a sunny Tuesday morning, and a loud whirring sound reverberates through Champaign Fire Station 1.
- Illinois settles with former athletes, ex coach Tim Beckman Updated: Apr-12-16 2:03 pm
CHICAGO - The University of Illinois said Tuesday that it will pay $375,000 to settle a federal lawsuit filed by seven former female basketball players and another $250,000 to resolve any legal claims made by fired football coach Tim Beckman.