- Parents of Illinois players don't believe coach allegations Updated: Jul-02-15 9:50 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The parents of a current University of Illinois women's basketball player and an incoming recruit said Thursday that they don't believe the allegations made by seven former players in a lawsuit this week accusing coaches of creating racial hostility.
- U of Illinois freezes administration hiring over budget Updated: Jul-02-15 5:03 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois President Timothy Killeen on Thursday froze hiring in the school's administration until the state's budget situation is resolved.
- Salaita hired in Lebanon after losing U of Illinois offer Updated: Jul-02-15 1:41 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The American University of Beirut says it has hired a professor whose anti-Israel Twitter messages led the University of Illinois to rescind a job offer.
- Champaign man who admitted killing U of I student sentenced Updated: Jul-01-15 9:29 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A Champaign man who pleaded guilty to killing a University of Illinois student during a drug-related robbery was sentenced Wednesday to 55 years in prison.
- Illinois rainfall of 9.53 inches set June record Updated: Jul-01-15 4:29 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The state climatologist says Illinois set a record for June rainfall with a statewide average of 9.53 inches last month.
- Champaign sex offender found with 5 children in vehicle Updated: Jun-30-15 10:09 am
URBANA, Illinois - Police in Urbana say they've arrested a registered child sex offender after officers found him with five children in his vehicle at a park.
- Month now officially the wettest in Illinois history Updated: Jun-28-15 3:19 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois' wet June is now one for the record book.
- Illinois man makes most of annual show of 'fireballs' Updated: Jun-28-15 5:07 am
ARTHUR, Illinois - Larry Schlabach has only been making fireworks a little over a decade. But he's gotten into pyrotechnics in a big way.
- Former coach Henson out of hospital, starting chemotherapy Updated: Jun-27-15 2:08 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Former Illinois and New Mexico State basketball coach Lou Henson has been released from a Texas hospital and is scheduled to soon begin chemotherapy treatments, according to his wife.
- Illinois State Geological Survey gets new director Updated: Jun-27-15 4:34 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois has a new state geologist.
- EXCHANGE: P-38 fighter pilot 'really enjoyed strafing' Updated: Jun-26-15 4:08 am
URBANA, Illinois - Elite fighter pilot Loyd Longenbaugh was "all muscle and hair, no brains" when he piloted his P-38 in Italy and Germany during World War II.
- Illinois adds Dee Brown to athletics staff Updated: Jun-24-15 11:53 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois says it is adding former Illini basketball player Dee Brown to its athletic administration staff for the summer.
- $48,000 payout for Illinois coach who left amid allegations Updated: Jun-20-15 2:02 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois gave a nearly $48,500 payout to a former assistant women's basketball coach who left amid accusations that he mistreated players, a newspaper reported Saturday.
- Illinois high court: Comcast must reveal anonymous commenter Updated: Jun-18-15 6:17 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Comcast Cable Communications must identify an Internet-service subscriber who posted an anonymous message suggesting a political candidate molests children, the Illinois Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
- Illinois guard LaTulip plans to redshirt, then transfer Updated: Jun-16-15 8:18 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois basketball coach John Groce (GROHS) says reserve guard Mike LaTulip will sit out the next season and transfer for his final season of eligibility.
- Academic group votes to censure University of Illinois Updated: Jun-13-15 5:50 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A leading academic group voted Saturday to censure the University of Illinois' flagship campus over its decision not to hire a professor following his anti-Israel Twitter messages, a vote the university's chancellor said will have repercussions and is being taken seriously.
- Health officials: 23 cases of mumps in Champaign-Urbana Updated: Jun-12-15 2:23 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Health officials say an outbreak of mumps among University of Illinois students could continue to grow.
- New U of Illinois center will focus on cyber security Updated: Jun-12-15 4:07 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois will lead a new center that will try to help government and the business world strengthen cyber security.
- Faculty to weigh in on new U of Illinois medical school name Updated: Jun-10-15 4:12 am
URBANA, Illinois - The University of Illinois is now asking faculty leaders to weigh in on the name of a planned new medical school.
- Ex-Illinois soccer player joins those suing over concussions Updated: Jun-08-15 10:56 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A former University of Illinois soccer player has joined the list of the school's athletes who have complained that they had to endure improper medical treatment and playing conditions.
- Vanderbilt gets by Illinois, 4-2, to take super regional Updated: Jun-08-15 9:05 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Dansby Swanson was sure you couldn't script a better afternoon than the one he had Monday.
- Stormy weather postpones Vanderbilt-Illinois super regional Updated: Jun-07-15 11:51 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The second game of the super regional series between Vanderbilt and Illinois has been postponed until Monday because of storms in the forecast.
- Illinois adds Duke series to 2025, '26 football schedules Updated: Jun-05-15 11:37 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois and Duke have agreed to play a home-and-home series in the 2025 and 2026 football seasons.
- U of Illinois' 1 and only softball coach retiring Updated: Jun-05-15 5:09 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The only softball coach the University of Illinois has ever had is retiring after 16 seasons.
- Woman allegedly placed puppy in hot oven, killing it Updated: Jun-04-15 5:57 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A central Illinois woman faces charges of animal torture and aggravated cruelty to animals for allegedly placing her former boyfriend's pit bull puppy in a hot oven, killing it.