- Local control of Jersey City schools moves forward Updated: Oct-07-15 1:36 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Full control of Jersey City's public schools is another step closer to being turned back over to local officials.
- Man charged in fatal stabbing found incompetent for trial Updated: Oct-07-15 4:12 am
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey man charged with fatally stabbing his parents and 3-year-old niece has been ruled not competent to stand trial.
- Falling concrete hits, injures officer at construction site Updated: Sep-30-15 2:04 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Authorities say a concrete block fell off a 50-story building under construction in northern New Jersey, injuring a police officer who was working on the street below.
- Jersey City fire deemed suspicious; 37 residents displaced Updated: Sep-29-15 12:56 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Authorities say a fire that displaced 37 residents of a Jersey City apartment building and injured a firefighter has been deemed suspicious.
- NYC street art makes statement for human rights in Iran Updated: Sep-22-15 3:14 pm
NEW YORK - A woman in a head scarf gazes piercingly from the side of a Brooklyn brownstone. A flock of spray-painted birds breaks free from shackles on a Manhattan building. A Harlem mural shows a giant teal gazelle against a black background, barren trees and a peacock feather.
- Refugees in America: Syrian family rebuilds life in the US Updated: Sep-21-15 10:42 am
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Hussam Al Roustom and his wife didn't tell anyone before they and their two small children left Syria, fearing their plans for escape could fall apart.
- Bike-sharing program begins in Jersey City Updated: Sep-21-15 6:31 am
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Jersey City is making it easier to get around town on two wheels.
- Mom jailed for putting newborn in bag, tossing it over fence Updated: Sep-19-15 7:16 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - A mother who put her premature newborn in a plastic bag and threw the infant over a fence into her neighbor's yard has been sentenced to six years in prison.
- Law was changed after McGreevey got lifetime benefits Updated: Sep-18-15 2:56 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Lawmakers in northern New Jersey passed a law last month in response to former Gov. Jim McGreevey's four-month stint with Hudson County that gave him health benefits for life.
- Man awaiting trial in wife's death is accused of robbery Updated: Sep-17-15 2:10 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - A former Jersey City police dispatcher awaiting trial in the strangulation of his wife has been accused of trying to steal a woman's purse.
- Hudson County prosecutor takes oath Updated: Sep-17-15 6:49 am
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Hudson County's first female Hispanic prosecutor is formally taking office.
- Former governor gets lifetime benefits for 4 months of work Updated: Sep-16-15 4:38 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Former New Jersey Gov. Jim McGreevey's four-month stint as a Hudson County attorney has brought him health benefits for life.
- Police: Jersey City landlord doused tenant in lighter fluid Updated: Sep-15-15 5:57 am
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Police say a Jersey City landlord doused his tenant in lighter fluid and attempted to set him on fire because of a rent dispute.
- New Jersey remembers 9-11 attacks Updated: Sep-11-15 6:04 am
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Communities throughout New Jersey are remembering the 14th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks with words and deeds.