- New GM David Stearns sets fresh tone for retooling Brewers Updated: Oct-09-15 1:40 pm
MILWAUKEE - Nearly a week into his tenure with the Milwaukee Brewers, new general manager David Stearns is beginning to set a fresh tone for a franchise in transition.
- Walker taps conservative Bradley for Wisconsin Supreme Court Updated: Oct-09-15 11:38 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker appointed conservative-backed appellate judge Rebecca Bradley to the Wisconsin Supreme Court on Friday, giving her the advantage of incumbency heading into the spring election.
- Police investigate case of girl who sold herself online Updated: Oct-08-15 6:08 pm
BROWN DEER, Wisconsin - Police in the Milwaukee suburb of Brown Deer are investigating the case of a 14-year-old girl who was selling herself online.
- Man dies in police custody in Milwaukee Updated: Oct-08-15 7:15 am
MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee man has died while in the custody of police.
- Shakespeare acting program helps veterans deal with emotions Updated: Oct-08-15 3:04 am
MILWAUKEE - William Shakespeare's words from more than 400 years ago are proving to be healing for modern-day veterans.
- Gannett Co. acquires Midwest, South newspapers for $280M Updated: Oct-07-15 9:27 pm
MILWAUKEE - Gannett Co. has reached an agreement to acquire newspaper company Journal Media Group for $280 million, giving the media giant control of publications in more than 100 local markets in the U.S., company officials announced Wednesday evening.
- Justice Dept, police gather for summit on violent crime Updated: Oct-07-15 4:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Justice Department officials met Wednesday with police commanders, mayors and FBI leaders from across the country to discuss ways to reduce violent crime.
- Court says Caterpillar must grant union investigator access Updated: Oct-06-15 7:26 am
SOUTH MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin - An appeals court says Caterpillar must allow a union investigator access to its South Milwaukee plant to look into a fatal accident four years ago.
- More changes ahead for Brewers after tough season Updated: Oct-05-15 10:15 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Brewers packed up their belongings and said their goodbyes for the 2015 season after getting swept in the final series by the Chicago Cubs.
- Northwestern plans 33-story apartment tower in Milwaukee Updated: Oct-05-15 6:18 pm
MILWAUKEE - Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co. plans to build a 33-story apartment tower next to its downtown Milwaukee headquarters.
- Brewers overhaul starts, contracts of 5 coaches not renewed Updated: Oct-05-15 2:18 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Brewers are letting five coaches go in what is likely the first step in the franchise's offseason overhaul.
- Davis hits another homer, but Brewers fall 6-1 to Cubs Updated: Oct-03-15 1:05 am
- Cubs beat Brewers, try to keep up in race to host wild card Updated: Oct-03-15 12:43 am
- Wisconsin airman among 11 dead in Afghanistan plane crash Updated: Oct-02-15 8:19 pm
MILWAUKEE - An airman from Wisconsin was among the 11 people killed when a U.S. Air Force military transport crashed at a base in Afghanistan, his sister said Friday.
- AP source: Bucks lock up Henson for 4 years, $44 million Updated: Oct-02-15 7:19 pm
John Henson's statistics from his first three seasons in the NBA don't really jump off the page.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee inaugurates chancellor Updated: Oct-02-15 5:29 pm
MILWAUKEE - The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee has inaugurated Chancellor Mark Mone, a former business professor tasked with leading the school through a $30 million two-year budget cut.
- Former Milwaukee Bucks cheerleader sues team over pay Updated: Oct-01-15 6:00 pm
MILWAUKEE - A former Milwaukee Bucks cheerleader has sued the team, saying the flat-rate pay system dancers work under leaves them earning far less than minimum wage.
- Joy Global to lay off 109 union employees in Milwaukee Updated: Sep-30-15 6:31 pm
MILWAUKEE - Joy Global Inc. plans to lay off 109 union workers and terminate four non-union employees at the company's mining equipment factory in Milwaukee.
- Officers take on store that sold gun used to shoot them Updated: Sep-30-15 11:17 am
MILWAUKEE - Two Milwaukee police officers are in court where they are taking on the gun store that sold a firearm to the man who shot them.
- Court upholds order barring harassment of clinic volunteer Updated: Sep-29-15 11:44 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Milwaukee judge properly issued a restraining order against an activist accused of harassing an abortion clinic volunteer, a state appeals court ruled Tuesday.
- GE plans to stop making engines in Waukesha, cut 350 jobs Updated: Sep-28-15 3:24 pm
WAUKESHA, Wisconsin - GE Power & Water plans to stop manufacturing gas engines in Waukesha and move the work to Canada, meaning the loss of 350 jobs in Waukesha.
- Bright outlook greets Milwaukee Bucks on eve of camp Updated: Sep-28-15 2:51 pm
ST. FRANCIS, Wisconsin - Co-owning the Milwaukee Bucks has tested Wesley Edens in a good way.
- Mother says toddler likely ingested methadone Updated: Sep-28-15 11:31 am
MILWAUKEE - A report by the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner says the mother of a 20-month-old girl who died told investigators her daughter likely ingested methadone.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee to open research center Updated: Sep-28-15 7:12 am
MILWAUKEE - The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is set to officially open its new five-story, $80 million research center.
- Haunted houses, creepy mazes and other Halloween attractions Updated: Sep-23-15 5:11 pm
Escape rooms, zombie fights and carnival sideshow freaks are a few of the themes popping up at this year's Halloween attractions.