- City bus route shortened after Reno-Sparks bus shootings Updated: Jul-29-15 1:11 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - The nighttime operation of a city bus route in Reno and Sparks has been suspended while police search for the suspect or suspects who have been shooting out bus windows with a BB or pellet gun.
- Nevada man guilty of 5 murders in 2013 killing-arson spree Updated: Jul-28-15 9:17 pm
YERINGTON, Nevada - A 27-year-old Nevada man with a criminal history was convicted Tuesday of five counts of murder and could face the death penalty for a killing spree two years ago.
- Michelle Wie limps into her next major Updated: Jul-28-15 7:20 pm
Michelle Wie has quite the entourage these days.
- Reid vows Democratic candidate in Nevada congressional race Updated: Jul-28-15 5:35 pm
RENO, Nevada - Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid says there's "not a chance" he'll leave Nevada's 3rd Congressional District race without a Democratic candidate.
- 2 bears trapped at Lake Tahoe safely returned to wilderness Updated: Jul-27-15 6:08 pm
RENO, Nevada - Two black bears that were caught in separate traps at Lake Tahoe last week have been returned safely to the wilderness along the Sierra's eastern front.
- Surprises boost costs of historic Reno bridge demolition Updated: Jul-27-15 4:40 pm
RENO, Nevada - Some unexpected discoveries beneath Reno's old Virginia Street Bridge are boosting the price of the demolition project, including some contaminated soil from the Truckee River bed and the granite foundation of a former bridge built in 1877.
- Rainbow flag removed from Reno city hall after controversy Updated: Jul-27-15 3:56 pm
RENO, Nevada - Reno's decision to temporarily replace the Stars and Stripes with a rainbow didn't fly with some locals.
- King Canyon human remains found in 2014 belong to Reno man Updated: Jul-27-15 11:41 am
RENO, Nevada - Human remains discovered near Spooner Summit last year have been identified as those of a Reno man.
- 2 suspects in armed robbery in Reno still at large Updated: Jul-26-15 6:35 pm
RENO, Nevada - Police in Reno have arrested three people in an armed robbery but say two others remain at large.
- Wildfire watching: Rangers in towers are out, cameras are in Updated: Jul-26-15 3:17 pm
RENO, Nevada - For decades, forest rangers in wooden towers across the West scanned the horizon with binoculars for smoke that could signal the start of a wildfire.
- Car drives off of level in Circus Circus parking garage Updated: Jul-24-15 10:58 am
RENO, Nevada - Authorities say a driver who crashed through a metal barrier and drove off of a level in a Circus Circus parking garage has survived the crash with no injuries.
- Bones found last year belonged to Reno suicide victim Updated: Jul-23-15 5:37 pm
MINDEN, Nevada - Authorities say human remains found last summer in the mountains near Lake Tahoe belonged to a former 32-year-old Reno man who apparently shot himself.
- Reno bans new strip clubs for 1 year Updated: Jul-23-15 6:20 am
RENO, Nevada - In hopes of restricting the oversaturation of downtown, the Reno City Council has voted to place a moratorium on new strip clubs throughout the city for one year.
- Fight prompts brief lockdown at Lovelock prison Updated: Jul-21-15 9:14 pm
RENO, Nevada - Prison officials say a fight between two inmates led to a brief lockdown at Lovelock Correctional Center Tuesday morning.
- Washington truck driver sentenced in Nevada on drug charges Updated: Jul-21-15 3:09 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Washington state truck driver caught with $500,000 worth of heroin and methamphetamine while passing through White Pine County, Nevada in 2013 has been sentenced to 16 years in prison.
- Regulations could expand uses for treated wastewater Updated: Jul-21-15 8:26 am
RENO, Nevada - Water experts are working to make treated wastewater drinkable in Nevada.
- Doubling Nevada plant size still possible for Tesla Updated: Jul-20-15 3:14 pm
RENO, Nevada - Tesla Motors won't say if its recent purchase of thousands of additional acres of land in northern Nevada means the company will build a bigger gigafactory.
- Pot plants found in Reno home after attic fire Updated: Jul-20-15 1:01 pm
RENO, Nevada - Dozens of marijuana plants have been seized from a home after Reno firefighters tore through the roof and extinguished a fire in the attic.
- Basque festival aims to keep culture's traditions alive Updated: Jul-19-15 5:14 pm
RENO, Nevada - It was a century ago that Basque immigrants began to move to Nevada, attracted by the state's free range law and its booming population during the Gold Rush of the 1800s.
- Car accident leads to arrest in domestic assault in Reno Updated: Jul-19-15 3:23 pm
RENO, Nevada - Reno police say a car accident has led them to a suspect in a domestic violence incident that left a female injured.
- Parents with kids in private schools want education grants Updated: Jul-18-15 5:31 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada parents with children already attending private school are demanding to be part of a new state program that will pay families $5,000 or more to leave public school.
- Gov. Brian Sandoval departs for European trade mission Updated: Jul-18-15 1:17 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval will be adding new stamps to his passport after departing this week for a trade mission to five European countries.
- Smoke stays visible in California fire burning south of Reno Updated: Jul-17-15 1:53 pm
RENO, Nevada - A California fire on national forest land near Nevada is mostly contained, but smoke will be visible through the summer.
- Tahoe wildlife center spreads its wings, paws Updated: Jul-17-15 6:14 am
RENO, Nevada - The Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care center is ready to spread its wings, paws and claws into a newer and bigger facility after 37 years in South Lake Tahoe.
- 2 arrests in series of Reno arson fires Updated: Jul-16-15 8:38 pm
RENO, Nevada - Reno fire officials say surveillance video from a nearby casino helped them track down two suspected arsonists accused of setting a series of fires behind big-box stores on the south side of town.