- 3.5 Nevada quake near Burning Man site; no damage reported Updated: May-05-16 9:07 pm
GERLACH, Nevada - A magnitude 3.5 earthquake struck in a remote part of the northern Nevada desert near where the annual Burning Man counterculture festival is held, but there's been no report of any damage.
- Deputies review Reno officer's use of Taser in arrest Updated: May-05-16 6:39 pm
RENO, Nevada - Washoe County sheriff's deputies are investigating a Reno police officer's use of a Taser to subdue a suspect who was armed with a hammer during an altercation near downtown.
- 9th Circuit to hear appeal again in 1995 Carson City killing Updated: May-04-16 4:14 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt is asking a federal appeals court to reinstate a 1996 murder conviction the U.S. Supreme Court struck down because prosecutors may have failed to prove the 14-year-old killer knew what he did was wrong.
- Bank of the West goes after Whittemores' Lake Tahoe house Updated: May-04-16 3:46 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Nevada lawyer and lobbyist and his wife are being sued by Bank of the West over the family's Lake Tahoe house.
- Whittemore finishes sentence in San Francisco halfway house Updated: May-03-16 3:26 pm
RENO, Nevada - Former Nevada lobbyist Harvey Whittemore is a free man after spending 21 months of a two-year prison term in federal custody for breaking campaign contribution laws.
- Truckee community college names new president Updated: May-03-16 1:21 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada's Truckee Meadows Community College has named a new president.
- Reno doctor accused in drug ring appears in CA court Updated: May-02-16 7:05 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Reno doctor accused of running an illegal drug ring out of his family practice has made his initial appearance in federal court in San Francisco.
- Trump's Washoe County delegates meeting in Sparks Monday Updated: May-02-16 6:29 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Washoe County Republican delegates supporting Donald Trump are gathering in Sparks to plan for the state GOP convention in Reno later this month.
- US agency's Nevada boss urges roundup of 4,000 mustangs Updated: May-02-16 4:13 pm
RENO, Nevada - Concerned about continued deterioration of drought-stricken rangeland in Nevada, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management's state director wants to round up 4,000 wild horses in Elko County - more mustangs than were gathered across 10 Western states combined last year.
- Delta announces nonstop flights between Atlanta, Reno Updated: May-02-16 11:58 am
RENO, Nevada - Delta Air Lines will once again offer nonstop service between Reno-Tahoe International Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- Washoe County sheriff's app takes illegal dumping reports Updated: Apr-30-16 6:49 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Washoe County Sheriff's Office cellphone app now allows citizens to report illegal dumping.
- UNR leaders want more guidelines for cheater punishments Updated: Apr-30-16 11:22 am
LAS VEGAS - Leaders at the two major universities in Nevada don't seem to agree on how to dish out punishment equally and consistently among cheating students.
- Ex-Sen. Bryan only 2nd on UNR campus honored with statue Updated: Apr-29-16 10:21 pm
RENO, Nevada - Former U.S. Sen. and Nevada Gov. Richard Bryan has become only the second person in the history of the University of Nevada, Reno to have a statue dedicated in his honor at the school founded in 1874.
- Burning Man organizers consider airport shuttle service Updated: Apr-29-16 9:11 am
RENO, Nevada - Organizers of Burning Man are looking to offer flights directly to the festival.
- UNLV law professor nominated for federal judge in Nevada Updated: Apr-28-16 6:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - A University of Nevada, Las Vegas, law professor has been nominated by President Barack Obama for a judgeship on the U.S. District Court in Nevada.
- Reno to begin due diligence on $1B redevelopment proposal Updated: Apr-27-16 11:39 pm
RENO, Nevada - Reno officials have voted to hold off on negotiating a contract for a proposed $1.2 billion redevelopment project until the developers can prove they'll be able to deliver on their promises.
- Police called after Washoe GOP meeting gets out of hand Updated: Apr-27-16 5:49 pm
RENO, Nevada - Police were called and at least two people sought medical attention after a Washoe County Republican Central Committee meeting got out of hand, authorities and witnesses said.
- NV Gov. may sue if BLM won't pony up for mustang roundups Updated: Apr-27-16 4:42 am
RENO, Nevada - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval is considering legal action to force the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to pony up some money to pay for roundups of wild horses in the state that have been put on hold because of federal budgetary constraints.
- Reno to crack down on skateboarders misusing new bridge Updated: Apr-26-16 11:10 pm
RENO, Nevada - Reno officials are looking to crack down on the thrill seekers who have been running, walking and skateboarding along the arches of the new Virginia Street Bridge.
- Earthquake report spurs retrofitting in Utah, Nevada Updated: Apr-24-16 1:11 pm
RENO, Nevada - A new report raising the likelihood of a destructive earthquake striking Salt Lake City in the next half century has underscored the urgency to retrofit more than 30,000 older brick homes and other unreinforced buildings at high risk of collapsing.
- Reno basement fire kills 2 dogs, no humans injured Updated: Apr-23-16 3:19 pm
RENO, Nevada - Two dogs have died as a result of a fire that broke out in a Reno basement.
- Cameras around Lake Tahoe change fight against wildfires Updated: Apr-20-16 4:08 pm
RENO, Nevada - Scientists say a growing network of cameras trained on the mountains around Lake Tahoe is changing the way crews fight wildfires.
- Sierra's eastern front long overdue for large earthquake Updated: Apr-19-16 8:12 pm
RENO, Nevada - The Sierra's eastern front is long overdue for a large earthquake along the California-Nevada line, where a magnitude-7 event expected on average every 30 years hasn't occurred in six decades, scientists said Tuesday.
- Prosecutor says Reno officer justified in 2015 shooting Updated: Apr-18-16 6:59 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Reno police officer was justified when he shot a suspect who tried to run him over during an attempted arrest last summer, a prosecutor said Monday.
- FBI seeks robber who demanded money at 2 Reno banks Updated: Apr-18-16 6:34 pm
RENO, Nevada - The FBI is looking for a suspect who held up one south Reno bank and tried to rob another less than two hours later.