- Virginia Street Bridge closed as part of new project Updated: Jun-01-15 11:50 am
RENO, Nevada - A new project has closed the Virginia Street Bridge in downtown Reno.
- Man arrested in Reno cold case murder headed to trial Updated: Jun-01-15 6:15 am
RENO, Nevada - A 32-year-old Southern California man has been bound over to Washoe District Court for trial for the 2004 strangulation and sexual assault of a Reno preschool teacher in her home.
- Wet May pushes Lake Tahoe back up to natural rim Updated: May-31-15 7:58 pm
RENO, Nevada - A wet May has pushed Lake Tahoe back up to its natural rim, but the lake will soon start dropping again because of the four-year drought.
- Rubio reaches out to regular Americans during visit to Reno Updated: May-30-15 10:57 am
RENO, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio tried to reach out to regular Americans during a stop at a Reno gated community on Friday.
- Nevada man not guilty in killing of unarmed trespasser Updated: May-30-15 3:10 am
RENO, Nevada - Accused of murder for confronting two unarmed trespassers with a deadly barrage of gunfire, Wayne Burgarello walked out of a Nevada courthouse a free man after the jury found him not guilty of all charges in the latest of a series of cases nationally testing the boundaries of stand-your-ground self-defense laws.
- Psychedelic, playful, controversial sculptures come to Reno Updated: May-28-15 4:01 pm
RENO, Nevada - Laura Hellen of Reno stood in the cold rain mesmerized.
- GOP candidate Marco Rubio to make 'Pawn Stars' stop in Vegas Updated: May-27-15 7:24 pm
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio is expected to spend his 44th birthday paying a campaign visit to the most famous pawn shop in Las Vegas.
- 2 still critical after I-80 wrong-way Sparks crash kills 2 Updated: May-27-15 7:17 pm
RENO, Nevada - Two people remain in critical condition at a Reno hospital with injuries they suffered in a head-on, wrong-way crash that killed two others on U.S. Interstate 80 in Sparks over the weekend.
- Nevada case is latest to test 'stand your ground' laws Updated: May-25-15 2:35 pm
RENO, Nevada - The idea that a person's home is their castle and they have the right to kill trespassers has been widely accepted in the U.S. for more than a century.
- Battle over bears heats up again at Lake Tahoe Updated: May-25-15 1:44 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Las Vegas man will ask a judge this week for a protective order against bear advocates at Lake Tahoe, saying they harassed him after he initiated efforts to trap a bear that damaged his vacation home.
- Battle over bears heats up again at Lake Tahoe Updated: May-25-15 11:13 am
RENO, Nevada - A Las Vegas man will ask a judge for a protective order against bear advocates at Lake Tahoe, saying they harassed him after he initiated efforts to trap a bear that damaged his vacation home.
- Suspected California serial killer in prison most of life Updated: May-24-15 4:40 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Less than 24 hours after a jury convicted Rodney Halbower of raping a Nevada blackjack dealer, he was freed pending an appeal and then, authorities say, drove 200 miles to the San Francisco Bay Area and raped and stabbed to death a 19-year-old woman.
- Nevada Supreme Court won't revisit Vegas water pipeline Updated: May-22-15 8:47 pm
RENO, Nevada - The Nevada Supreme Court is sticking to an earlier decision that at least temporarily blocks water interests in Las Vegas from pumping new supplies from the high desert near the Nevada-Utah line.
- Reno water authority to need drought reserves by mid-June Updated: May-22-15 2:20 pm
RENO, Nevada - Water flow in the Truckee River is expected to diminish by mid-June, forcing the Reno area's water authority to resort to backup supplies to provide water to homes and businesses.
- Historic Glenbrook locomotive set to steam back to life Updated: May-21-15 2:41 pm
RENO, Nevada - For 140 years, the Glenbrook locomotive has helped write the history of Nevada and Lake Tahoe.
- Man guilty of stealing Christmas presents from car in Reno Updated: May-20-15 5:20 pm
RENO, Nevada - A 31-year-old Washoe County man faces up to 10 years in prison after he was convicted this week of breaking a car window and stealing wrapped Christmas presents in south Reno in December.
- Reno contractor sues Hard Rock Lake Tahoe for $6 million Updated: May-19-15 2:20 pm
RENO, Nevada - SMC Construction of Reno is suing the owners of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe for failing to pay more than $6 million for work to finish the property before its Jan. 28 grand opening.
- Man sentenced for stabbing over bogus tickets in Reno Updated: May-17-15 9:57 pm
RENO, Nevada - A 37-year-old man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for stabbing another man during a fight over bogus Nevada Wolf Pack football tickets last summer.
- Nevada mansion once owned by Circus Circus co-owner sold Updated: May-16-15 8:58 pm
RENO, Nevada - A San Diego-based real estate magnate has purchased the 19,500-square-foot Reno mansion once owned by a Nevada casino industry pioneer who helped build the Circus Circus empire.
- Displaced hawks in Reno have new home after construction Updated: May-15-15 10:34 am
RENO, Nevada - You could call it a hawk hotel.
- Ex-lawmaker in Lake Tahoe asks court to stop bear advocates Updated: May-14-15 3:06 pm
RENO, Nevada - A former Nevada lawmaker says he's being harassed at his Lake Tahoe home by a bear advocacy group and is asking asking a judge to order the group to leave him alone.
- UNR uses high-def cameras to spot fires Updated: May-14-15 1:32 pm
RENO, Nevada - The Nevada Seismological Laboratory at University of Nevada, Reno is using high-definition cameras to locate fires.
- Bush opposes Yucca Mountain; at odds with Rubio Updated: May-13-15 6:06 pm
RENO, Nevada - Jeb Bush isn't officially in the race yet, but he's already parting ways with one declared Republican presidential candidate regarding Yucca Mountain.
- Bush chides Clinton's 'scripted' run, but won't revisit Iraq Updated: May-13-15 5:13 pm
RENO, Nevada - Jeb Bush is criticizing Hillary Rodham Clinton for running a "scripted" Democratic presidential campaign. But he's not answering all questions that come his way, either.
- Bush eats with Sandoval, says running mate talk premature Updated: May-13-15 3:52 pm