- Protester pleads guilty to disturbing meeting in Reno Updated: Oct-03-15 12:48 pm
RENO, Nevada - A man who set off an evacuation at a county commission meeting in Reno has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge.
- Late Las Vegas journalist Laura Myers named to Hall of Fame Updated: Oct-02-15 11:22 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - The late Laura Myers, a veteran journalist and humanitarian who most recently served as the lead political reporter for the Las Vegas Review-Journal, was posthumously inducted into the Nevada Press Association's Hall of Fame on Friday.
- Norovirus outbreak affects hundreds of Nevada kids, teachers Updated: Oct-02-15 5:09 pm
RENO, Nevada - A norovirus outbreak in 11 northern Nevada schools has sickened hundreds of young children and some teachers, officials said.
- Prosecutor: Driver who had seizure charged in death of kids Updated: Oct-02-15 3:01 pm
A 66-year-old Reno driver accused of vehicular manslaughter in a crash that killed two children felt a seizure coming on but went to a grocery store anyway before the June mishap, a city prosecutor said Friday.
- Reno faces trees loss to drought in City of Trembling Leaves Updated: Oct-02-15 6:11 am
RENO, Nevada - Reno, the first city in the state to earn a Tree City USA designation, is rapidly losing its trembling leaves to drought, pests and, in some cases, property owners who've lost interest in taking care of them.
- Nevada man who tortured, killed dogs gets up to 28 years Updated: Oct-01-15 8:03 pm
RENO, Nevada - A 25-year-old former presidential scholar and psychology major convicted of torturing, killing and dismembering seven dogs was sentenced to up to 28 years in Nevada state prison Thursday in what the judge, prosecutor and defense lawyer all agreed may be the most horrific crime they have ever seen in their decades of legal practice.
- Clinton campaign starts more Nevada Latino outreach efforts Updated: Oct-01-15 5:16 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton is announcing more initiatives focused on getting Nevada Hispanics on board with her campaign.
- DNA tests: Skull found in 1996 was that of slain Nevada boy Updated: Oct-01-15 2:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - DNA tests have shown that a skull found at a Utah lake nearly two decades ago was that of a 4-year-old boy killed in Reno, Nevada, authorities said.
- Nevada gambling revenue down 1 percent in August Updated: Sep-30-15 4:24 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada gambling revenue in August dropped a little more than 1 percent from a year earlier, pulled down by an ongoing slide in baccarat play linked to a wavering economy in China.
- Mayors wager football jersey for a day on UNLV-Nevada game Updated: Sep-30-15 6:16 am
LAS VEGAS - The mayors of Las Vegas and Reno are wagering the wearing of their home team colors when Nevada's two university football rivals take to the field on Saturday in Reno.
- Reno stadium gets occupancy certificate years after opening Updated: Sep-30-15 4:41 am
RENO, Nevada - The city of Reno has granted the Aces Ballpark its certificate of occupancy more than six years after the first game was played.
- Ex-Reno mayoral candidate Pizorno pleads guilty to beating Updated: Sep-29-15 6:02 pm
RENO, Nevada - A 76-year-old former candidate for mayor in Reno potentially faces up to 5.5 years in prison after pleading guilty to hitting a man on the head with a golf club and carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.
- Reno Artown co-founder Jones dies of heart attack at age 66 Updated: Sep-29-15 5:23 pm
RENO, Nevada - A longtime supporter of the arts in northern Nevada and co-founder of Reno's Artown festival has died.
- Nevada DT Yates to miss UNLV game; 3rd suspension in 3 years Updated: Sep-29-15 2:02 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada will be without one of its top defensive lineman against intrastate rival UNLV on Saturday while senior tackle Rykeem Yates serves his third suspension in three years.
- 94-acre Cold Springs fire fully contained north of Reno Updated: Sep-28-15 4:33 pm
COLD SPRINGS, Nevada - Firefighters say they have fully contained a wild land brush fire that burned north of Reno over the weekend.
- Reno police report 18 arrests at Street Vibrations event Updated: Sep-28-15 2:08 pm
RENO, Nevada - The number of arrests reported at this year's Street Vibrations Fall Rally in Reno was 18, up from the 12 people arrested at last year's motorcycle event.
- Big needs in arid Nevada for drinking water supply projects Updated: Sep-27-15 12:39 pm
LAS VEGAS - A milestone pipeline project to keep drawing water from a shrinking Lake Mead is just one of many efforts on a long list of projects aimed at keeping plentiful and cheap tap water flowing in the nation's most arid state.
- Study finds Reno needs images to lure millennial tourists Updated: Sep-26-15 2:34 pm
RENO, Nevada - If Reno wants young adults from the San Francisco Bay Area to visit, the city will have to break out of a cheap and dirty image.
- Reno-Sparks water conservation averts tapping big reservoir Updated: Sep-26-15 11:15 am
RENO, Nevada - Conservation-minded residents in the Reno-Sparks area have saved enough water this summer that the region's most important storage reservoir won't have to be tapped for emergency drought relief as originally expected.
- Preschool becoming expected for public schools Updated: Sep-26-15 9:32 am
RENO, Nevada - Children pour into the classroom, backpacks bouncing off the backs of their knees.
- Ghost-hunting couple, Reno man all died from gunshot wounds Updated: Sep-25-15 11:57 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - The investigation into the deaths of a ghost-hunting couple in Nevada has determined a male roommate of the woman was fatally shot in the head in a Reno home several hours before police found the paranormal investigators in a barricaded apartment.
- College to get document trove from Sen. Harry Reid's career Updated: Sep-25-15 6:33 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Nevada college plans to accept more than 2,000 boxes of documents chronicling Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid's decades-long career in Washington.
- Nevada man in fatal crash that killed 2 kids may drive again Updated: Sep-24-15 6:22 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Nevada man facing a potential criminal charge after crashing through a house and killing two young children can't be banned from getting back on the road.
- Reno approves 1st pay raise in 6 years for most city workers Updated: Sep-24-15 7:05 am
RENO, Nevada - The Reno City Council has approved a new $22 million labor contract that will mean the first pay raise in six years for the bulk of the city's workforce.
- 2 dead in Sparks hostage standoff; likely tied to Reno death Updated: Sep-22-15 10:03 pm
RENO, Nevada - Two people were found dead Tuesday after a standoff at an apartment near Sparks High School that police believe was connected to an early morning homicide at a home in northwest Reno.