- Netherlands grants Lebanon $92M to cope with refugees Updated: May-03-16 11:41 am
BEIRUT - The Netherlands has granted Lebanon 80 million euros ($92.3 million) until the end of 2017 to help the tiny Arab country cope with hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees.
- Iran calls US Supreme Court ruling on Beirut blast a 'theft' Updated: Apr-21-16 3:03 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran rejected on Thursday a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court the day before that clears the way for families of victims of the 1983 Marine barracks bombing in Beirut and other attacks linked to Iran to collect nearly $2 billion in frozen Iranian funds.
- Australian mother in Lebanon custody case reunited with kids Updated: Apr-21-16 9:02 am
BEIRUT - An Australian mother in the middle of a high-profile, international custody battle was reunited on Thursday with her two children in Lebanon, a day after her release on bail.
- High Court sides with families of '83 Beirut bombing victims Updated: Apr-20-16 4:50 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Wednesday cleared the way for families of victims of the 1983 Marine barracks bombing in Beirut and other attacks linked to Iran to collect nearly $2 billion in frozen Iranian funds.
- Central bank: Lebanon will abide by US anti-Hezbollah law Updated: Apr-18-16 10:31 am
BEIRUT - Beirut will abide by a U.S. law that imposes sanctions on banks that knowingly do business with the militant Hezbollah group, Lebanon's central bank governor said Monday.
- French president vows support for Lebanon during visit Updated: Apr-16-16 12:38 pm
BEIRUT - French President Francois Hollande said Saturday his country will stand by Lebanon to boost security in the tiny Arab country that is "surrounded by crisis and wars" and urged the parliament to elect a new president whose post has been vacant for nearly two years.
- Lebanese security force members visit Saginaw for training Updated: Apr-14-16 11:15 am
SAGINAW, Michigan - Members of a Lebanese security force are visiting Saginaw to study the philosophies and tactics of the city's police department.
- Australian mother and TV crew questioned by Lebanese judge Updated: Apr-13-16 2:48 pm
BEIRUT - The mother of two Lebanese-Australian children and a four-member Australian TV crew appeared before a Lebanese investigative judge on Wednesday over accusations they attempted to kidnap the woman's two children from their father in Beirut.
- Lebanon shocked over sex trafficking of young Syrian women Updated: Apr-13-16 5:46 am
BEIRUT - Back in Syria, the young women were told they would get well-paid jobs at restaurants and hotels in Lebanon. But when they arrived, their belongings and mobile phones were taken away, and the women were locked up in two hotels north of Beirut and forced into prostitution.
- Ohio man pleads guilty to charge related to sale of 300 guns Updated: Apr-12-16 4:11 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Authorities say an Ohio man has pleaded guilty in federal court to a charge related to the sale of 300 guns, including 11 destined for Beirut.