- Uganda: 5 al-Shabab World Cup bombers given life in jail Updated: May-27-16 12:42 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - A judge has given life sentences to five men convicted of carrying out twin bombings which killed 76 people who were watching the 2010 World Cup final in the Ugandan capital Kampala.
- Uganda: Opposition leader remanded to maximum security jail Updated: May-18-16 8:34 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's opposition leader was remanded Wednesday to a maximum security prison in the capital after being charged with treason for organizing protests against the re-election of long-time President Yoweri Museveni.
- Uganda: Safety concerns for jailed opposition leader Updated: May-16-16 8:44 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - A lawyer for a detained opposition leader in Uganda says he is concerned for the safety of his client, who was charged with treason last week because of his anti-government protests.
- Ugandan opposition leader charged with treason over protests Updated: May-14-16 8:26 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's main opposition leader has been charged with treason and jailed in a remote area in the country's northeast, a judiciary spokesman said Saturday.
- Ugandan president inaugurated amid opposition arrests Updated: May-12-16 3:44 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's long-time president was sworn in Thursday for a fifth term, taking him into his fourth decade in power amid arrests of opposition politicians and a shutdown of social media.
- Ugandan opposition leaders detained ahead of inauguration Updated: May-11-16 12:38 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's main opposition figure was arrested Wednesday ahead of the inauguration of long-time President Yoweri Museveni, raising the possibility of violence as police try to quell possible opposition protests.