- Developer sprucing up Astoria landmark Updated: Oct-07-15 11:33 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - This summer, local developer Paul Caruana became the sole owner of the John Jacob Astor Hotel, the pre-eminent architectural landmark in downtown Astoria.
- Astoria Column vandalized days before restoration complete Updated: Oct-05-15 10:42 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - Vandals broke into the Astoria Column and damaged the historical landmark just days before a $1 million restoration project was expected to be finished.
- LNG critics ask Oregon Gov. Kate Brown to oppose project Updated: Sep-23-15 9:50 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - Confident that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission will eventually issue a license for Oregon LNG's $6 billion liquefied natural gas terminal and pipeline on Warrenton's Skipanon Peninsula, opponents are calling on Gov. Kate Brown to take a stand against the project.
- Teen killed in crash east of Astoria Updated: Sep-19-15 8:28 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - An Astoria teen has been killed in a car crash on Highway 202 east of Astoria.
- Shark-bitten marine mammals found on Oregon beaches Updated: Sep-17-15 8:39 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - In at least one telling of the story, a local surfer is out looking for waves in the ocean off Fort Stevens State Park around this same time several years ago.
- Astoria to conduct inventory of vacant housing Updated: Sep-16-15 12:35 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Astoria officials will conduct an inventory of vacant housing as the start of an effort to confront the city's lack of affordable housing.
- Astoria council takes stand against vacation rentals Updated: Sep-09-15 3:23 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Drawing an unusually sharp line, the Astoria City Council rejected a zoning change that would have allowed a new vacation rental at 16th Street and Franklin Avenue.