- Fire ban lifted, Civil War re-enactment back on Updated: Sep-03-15 1:40 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Clatsop County has lifted its burn ban, paving way for Civil War re-enactors to proceed with fiery battles and campfires during performances Labor Day weekend.
- Judge tosses energy company's easement challenge Updated: Sep-02-15 3:10 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Opponents of an energy company's $6 billion terminal and pipeline project are expected to use the dismissal of an easement challenge to contest development permits.
- Astoria struggling with shortage of housing Updated: Aug-26-15 12:54 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Anyone who has tried to rent an apartment or buy a house in Astoria since the recession knows the story: few choices, relatively high cost.
- Star of 'The Goonies' asks tourists to respect Astoria house Updated: Aug-24-15 9:59 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - The actor who played Mikey Walsh in "The Goonies" is weighing in on the tourism problem near an Astoria home where part of the movie was filmed.
- Lewis and Clark River Bridge open by Labor Day Updated: Aug-21-15 1:43 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - The Lewis and Clark River Bridge that has been closed since December is set to reopen in time for Labor Day weekend.
- Astoria grapples with uptick in 'The Goonies' house tourists Updated: Aug-19-15 2:43 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - An Astoria home featured in the 1985 classic "The Goonies" gets up to 1,500 visitors daily, and the property owner is asking for relief.
- Sea burials: A soothing goodbye for grieving families Updated: Aug-18-15 10:02 am
LONGVIEW, Washington - Every year on their son's birthday, Dianna and Dennis Cleven drop a bouquet of flowers in the nearest river that flows into the Pacific Ocean.
- Astoria considers smoking ban in city parks Updated: Aug-17-15 6:14 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - The Astoria City Council is considering a ban on tobacco use in city parks.
- Former trooper gets probation for child pornography charges Updated: Aug-14-15 6:17 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - A former Oregon state trooper has been sentenced to two years of probation in connection to child pornography charges.
- Bigger military training zone could cramp coast jet traffic Updated: Aug-06-15 1:57 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - The Oregon Air National Guard, which regularly flies over the North Coast, is proposing new training areas for the F-15 Eagle in local airspace that might conflict with private aircraft.