- Semi-truck hauling large buoy damages Blue Water Bridge Updated: May-26-16 1:00 pm
PORT HURON, Michigan - A semi-truck hauling a large buoy damaged the Blue Water Bridge while passing under the international border crossing.
- Remains of homeless woman buried next to mom in Port Huron Updated: May-26-16 9:27 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - The cremated remains of a 79-year-old homeless woman killed in a hit-and-run in September have been buried beside her mother in Port Huron following a months-long effort to identify her and pay for her burial.
- Blue Water Area Transit bus hub to be completed in July Updated: May-24-16 12:10 pm
PORT HURON, Michigan - Construction of a $9.8 million Blue Water Area Transit bus hub in Port Huron is nearing completion.
- Humane Society uses miniature golf course to raise money Updated: May-23-16 10:25 am
CARSONVILLE, Michigan - An animal welfare organization in Michigan is using a miniature golf course at the site of its planned $4 million new home to raise money for its efforts.
- Tick that can cause meat allergy showing up in Michigan Updated: May-22-16 4:02 pm
PORT HURON, Michigan - A Michigan State University Extension entomologist says a tick more common to the southeastern states than to northern forests appears to be increasing its numbers in Michigan.
- Overhaul of Lakeside Park in Port Huron includes splash pad Updated: May-20-16 12:23 pm
PORT HURON, Michigan - A roughly $500,000 overhaul of Lakeside Park in Port Huron includes a new splash pad, restroom and concessions building.
- Former superintendent sentenced in armed bank robbery Updated: May-17-16 9:35 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - A former superintendent at a Michigan school district has been sentenced in the armed robbery of a St. Clair County bank.
- Radio-controlled model boats grace water at St. Clair harbor Updated: May-16-16 7:27 am
ST. CLAIR, Michigan - Radio-controlled model boats graced the water at an event in southeastern Michigan that sought to boost interest in boating.
- Port Huron employee accused of embezzling $60K from union Updated: May-13-16 10:07 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - A Port Huron employee is charged with embezzling more than $60,000 from a union representing city utilities workers.
- Equine tail-hacking cases rising in Michigan, motive unclear Updated: May-10-16 4:50 pm
KENOCKEE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Reports of equine tail-hacking cases are on the rise in Michigan and though authorities are asking people to be on the lookout for perpetrators, it remains unclear if the motivation behind targeting horses and ponies is for play or profit.
- Agency: Fatal crash of small plane likely due to pilot error Updated: May-07-16 2:32 am
KIMBALL TOWNSIHP, Michigan - The National Transportation Safety Board says the fatal crash of a small plane near a southeastern Michigan airport in the fog in 2014 was likely due to pilot error.
- Port Huron-area community looks at farm animal rules Updated: May-02-16 6:14 am
PORT HURON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A Port Huron-area community is looking at amending zoning laws for housing livestock and farm animals.
- Teen gets 3-15 years in death of popular tow truck driver Updated: Apr-29-16 5:19 pm
PORT HURON, Michigan - A young man has been sentenced to 3-15 years in prison in death of a popular tow truck driver who was struck while pulling a car from a ditch in St. Clair County.
- $50 million sought for Blue Water Bridge plaza expansion Updated: Apr-28-16 5:26 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - The Michigan Department of Transportation is seeking about $50 million in federal grant money to fund the long-delayed expansion of the Blue Water Bridge plaza.