- Officials to lobby for Addison-Rutland district merger Updated: Jul-27-15 6:29 am
CASTLETON, Vermont - Addison-Rutland Supervisory Union board members plan to lobby their local school boards and communities for a single district by fall 2017.
- Woman's shelter in Vermont receives $10K for playground Updated: Jul-23-15 6:26 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - A woman's shelter in Vermont is getting a new playground in its backyard.
- Police: Man destroyed gravestones, fence in high-speed chase Updated: Jul-22-15 6:53 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - Police say a Vermont man led them on high-speed chase through downtown Rutland that resulted in several damaged gravestones.
- Police charge man with manufacturing meth out of apartment Updated: Jul-16-15 2:05 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - Authorities evacuated tenants from a building in Rutland, Vermont, after police say they discovered a methamphetamine lab.
- Man accused of holding wife captive seeks charge dismissal Updated: Jul-15-15 7:02 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - A Vermont man accused of holding his wife captive in their bedroom has asked a judge to dismiss the kidnapping charge against him due to a lack of evidence.
- Budget cuts hit teen services in 3 Vermont communities Updated: Jul-14-15 4:23 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Services for at-risk youth in three Vermont communities - Barre, Newport and Rutland - are grappling with deep budget cuts that could force some of the centers to close.
- Rutland sheriff proposes county dispatch center Updated: Jul-12-15 12:29 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - The Rutland County sheriff wants to operate a county dispatch center to replace the one that will be lost when four centers around state are consolidated.
- Re-enactors descend on Hubbardton Battlefield Updated: Jul-11-15 8:20 am
HUBBARDTON, Vermont - Over 350 re-enactors are expected at the Hubbardton Battlefield State Historic Site in Rutland County this weekend to portray forces who fought in the only battle on Vermont land in the Revolutionary War.
- Lawmakers concerned about mental health services nonprofit Updated: Jul-10-15 6:26 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Rutland Mental Health Services, one of 12 regional nonprofits serving clients with mental health and other disabilities, is facing possible closure due to a pattern of deficiencies, including improper use of restraints and failure to lock up medication, state officials said Friday.
- Police: Man arrested for abandoning 9-month-old baby Updated: Jul-08-15 5:10 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - Police say a Vermont man has been charged with abandoning a 9-month-old baby.
- Mayor in Vermont proposes salary rate study Updated: Jul-07-15 7:22 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - The mayor in Rutland, Vermont, has proposed bringing in an outside consultant to analyze the pay rates of city department heads.