- Man charged with holding wife granted bail Updated: Jun-27-15 9:23 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - A Rutland man charged with holding his wife captive in their bedroom has been granted bail.
- Woman accused of embezzling nearly $700K from law firm Updated: Jun-19-15 9:01 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - A Vermont woman is accused of embezzling nearly $700,000 from a law firm where she worked as a legal secretary, paralegal and bookkeeper.
- Vermont nonprofit housing service to demolish old house Updated: Jun-17-15 3:50 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - A Vermont nonprofit has taken control of an empty house that it plans to demolish and replace as part of a city-wide effort to revitalize Rutland neighborhoods.
- Rutland to appeal solar project Updated: Jun-16-15 5:11 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - The legal battle over a proposed 2.3-megawatt solar field in Rutland will continue in Vermont Supreme Court.
- Historic railroad convention is under way in Rutland Updated: Jun-15-15 5:32 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - The weeklong National Railway Historical Society convention is underway in Vermont, utilizing freight lines and historic passenger cars to offer unique trips for enthusiasts.
- Rutland school district establishes foundation for funds Updated: Jun-10-15 1:40 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - The Rutland school district will establish a foundation to invest and manage the gifts it receives.
- Green Mountain Power highlights fast car-charging station Updated: Jun-09-15 12:57 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - Officials from Vermont's largest electric utility and a renewable energy technology company are highlighting what they're calling Vermont's first "Freedom Station," designed to help electric vehicles charge up faster.
- Rutland hospital looking for volunteers for new council Updated: Jun-08-15 12:16 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - Hospital officials hope to find 15 volunteers to join a new council that aims to increase quality of care by providing feedback and advice based on personal experience at the medical center.
- Man facing death penalty retrial may argue low intellect Updated: Jun-05-15 5:45 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Attorneys for a man facing a federal death penalty retrial in the killing of a supermarket worker 15 years ago said Friday they may investigate whether he is "intellectually disabled" and therefore ineligible to be put to death.
- Airline looks to launch route from Rutland to White Plains Updated: Jun-05-15 11:46 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - Rutland's regional airport could soon be offering departures for White Plains, New York.
- Shelter for historic Rutland railway car set for fall finish Updated: Jun-02-15 6:29 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - Rutland officials are saying the construction of an off-rail shelter to protect a historic railway car will be finished this fall.
- Prison inmate accused of assaulting fellow inmate in kitchen Updated: Jun-01-15 11:18 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - A Vermont prison inmate has been charged with assault after police said he got into an argument with a fellow inmate and head-butted him while the two were working in a kitchen.