- Energy group says IRS ruling could promote community solar Updated: Sep-01-15 2:26 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A renewable energy group is hailing a ruling by the Internal Revenue Service that they say could promote group solar projects with a tax credit usually reserved for people who put solar panels on the roofs of their homes.
- Officials: Fire kills 2 pets, displaces several people Updated: Sep-01-15 3:26 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - Fire officials say a dog and cat were killed and at least eight people were displaced in a fire at a Vermont apartment house.
- Cops: Vermont man trafficked drugs out of mobile home Updated: Aug-26-15 2:20 pm
BRANDON, Vermont - A drug bust in western Vermont has led police to charge a 40-year-old man with selling drugs out of his mobile home while living with his mother and a juvenile.
- 2 homeless pythons given to Vermont man headed to sanctuary Updated: Aug-25-15 4:31 pm
NORTH CLARENDON, Vermont - Two giant southeast Asian pythons that were rescued by a long-time snake collector and were turned over to state game wardens are headed to a sanctuary.
- Officials release plan for more than 900 trails in Vermont Updated: Aug-19-15 4:01 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - Green Mountain National Forest officials have released a plan for maintaining more than 900 miles of trails in Vermont.
- Civil suit alleging racial hostility will go to jury trial Updated: Aug-13-15 8:19 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - A former Rutland City police officer's civil suit alleging various acts of racial discrimination is set to go to trial.
- 150,000 gallons of sewage released into Vermont creek Updated: Aug-07-15 4:49 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - Officials are warning people to stay out of East Creek from Rutland to Proctor, Vermont, after up to 150,000 gallons of untreated sewage was discharged into the waterway.
- Vermont gets $3 million to expand opioid addiction treatment Updated: Aug-07-15 4:17 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont is getting $3 million in federal funding to expand treatment options for addiction to heroin and other opioids, officials announced Friday.