- Rutland 'rose to the top' in discussions on Syrian refugees Updated: May-01-16 10:50 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Rutland was one of a number of Vermont communities that offered to host Syrian refugees in the weeks and months to come, said the official who oversees refugee resettlement in the state.
- Vermont high court sides with solar project developers Updated: Apr-29-16 6:35 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A fragmented Vermont Supreme Court on Friday sided with developers of a major solar power project in Rutland Town against the wishes of the town and its neighbors.
- Vermont police say Tinmouth man dead after being hit by car Updated: Apr-23-16 8:59 am
TINMOUTH, Vermont - Vermont state police say a 57-year-old man is dead after being hit by a car near his home in Tinmouth.
- Police: Vermont man drove tractor into Rutland credit union Updated: Apr-22-16 6:10 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - Police have arrested a 30-year-old Vermont man who they say attempted to rob a credit union branch's night deposit box by slamming into it with a tractor.
- Solar array plan to go before regional issues committee Updated: Apr-19-16 11:23 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - A solar development company is poised to propose building five 20-megawatt solar sites in Vermont.
- Vermont town rejects Act 46 school district merger Updated: Apr-13-16 5:43 pm
ORWELL, Vermont - A Vermont town has rejected a plan for six towns to merge into one school district under Act 46.
- College of St. Joseph proposes new dorm, dining hall Updated: Apr-13-16 4:05 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - Plans for a $10.7 million project to construct a new dormitory and dining hall at the College of St. Joseph in Rutland have been revealed.
- New 1,300-acre state forest opens in Rutland County Updated: Apr-08-16 4:05 am
SHREWSBURY, Vermont - A new 1,300-acre state forest named after a conservation-minded former U.S. Senator from Vermont opened this week in Rutland County.
- Hartland woman gets 3 years for stealing $962K from employer Updated: Apr-06-16 4:25 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - A southeastern Vermont woman will serve three years in prison for embezzling just short of $1 million from a law firm where she was formerly employed.