- Bill to punish 'sanctuary cities' advances in La. House Updated: Apr-21-16 4:32 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A bid to punish jurisdictions that don't follow federal immigration law has advanced in the Louisiana House, and turned lawmakers' attention to New Orleans.
- La. lawyer sentenced to nearly 3 years for bankruptcy fraud Updated: Apr-19-16 8:01 am
MONROE, Louisiana - Federal prosecutors say a lawyer from Benton has been sentenced to two years and 10 months in prison for bankruptcy fraud.
- Benton bankruptcy lawyer sentenced to 34 months in prison Updated: Apr-19-16 3:57 am
MONROE, Louisiana - Federal prosecutors say a 53-year-old bankruptcy lawyer has been sentenced to 34 months in prison for collecting filing fees from clients without informing the bankruptcy court.
- 2 Mega Millions prizes set to expire in May Updated: Apr-15-16 3:24 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A $25,000 Mega Millions lottery jackpot and a $5,000 Mega Millions prize expire next month if the holders of the winning tickets fail to come forward.
- Prosecutor says dozens charged in Monroe food stamp frauds Updated: Apr-09-16 6:00 pm
MONROE, Louisiana - A prosecutor says criminal warrants have been issued for 30 Ouachita Parish residents charged with illegally selling their food stamp benefits to three local grocery stores.
- Louisiana, Alabama families meet after heart transplant Updated: Apr-07-16 8:57 am
OPELIKA, Alabama - Emotions, adrenaline and uneasiness abounded as Jonathan and Holley Perry traveled from Monroe, Louisiana, to east Alabama to meet Tucker, Amanda and Davis Boswell for the first time.
- Louisiana House agrees to 72-hour wait period for abortion Updated: Apr-06-16 7:38 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana House voted Wednesday to triple the wait time for women seeking an abortion to 72 hours, an increase that would match Louisiana to five other states with the longest waiting periods in the country.
- Some Monroe residents dropped flood insurance, now regret it Updated: Apr-03-16 7:38 pm
MONROE, Louisiana - Some Monroe homeowners dropped flood insurance when they got the choice, and are now regretting it.
- Monroe Regional Airport's main runway to close for repairs Updated: Apr-02-16 8:33 am
MONROE, Louisiana - The Monroe Regional Airport will temporarily close its main runway during the day Monday through Wednesday for maintenance on lighting cables.