- No injuries as small plane makes emergency landing in field Updated: Oct-03-15 2:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - No one was injured when a small plane made an emergency landing in a Dane County field.
- AP source: Bucks lock up Henson for 4 years, $44 million Updated: Oct-02-15 7:19 pm
John Henson's statistics from his first three seasons in the NBA don't really jump off the page.
- High court to hear former DOJ detective's whistleblower case Updated: Oct-02-15 5:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court will hear oral arguments next week in a former state Justice Department investigator's whistleblower case.
- Longtime Wisconsin union leader Marty Beil dies at 68 Updated: Oct-02-15 4:10 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Marty Beil, the burly and sometimes brusque leader of the Wisconsin state employee labor union for 30 years, has died. He was 68.
- UW regents to consider waiving out-of-state student limits Updated: Oct-01-15 10:06 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - University of Wisconsin-Madison officials plan to ask UW System regents next week for permission to lift the school's cap on out-of-state students, a move they say would attract more young people to Wisconsin. It also would bolster the school's coffers considerably as it struggles with deep budget cuts.
- Legislators propose raising conviction cap to $1 million Updated: Oct-01-15 5:35 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A bipartisan group of state lawmakers is moving to dramatically restructure compensation rules for people wrongly convicted in Wisconsin, introducing a bill Thursday that would raise the maximum payout from $25,000 to $1 million and remove exonerees' cases from the state's public court database.
- Legislators to hold hearing on blaze pink hunting garb Updated: Oct-01-15 5:25 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The bill that would legalize blaze pink clothing for hunters is set for a public hearing in Madison.
- Jabari Parker a full participant as Bucks open training camp Updated: Sep-29-15 8:21 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - At the end of his first official practice after a left knee injury, Milwaukee Bucks forward Jabari Parker rested.
- Legislative task force begins study of urban education Updated: Sep-29-15 7:32 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Attracting and retaining teachers would be easier if Wisconsin policymakers created a more stable environment, the superintendent of Madison public schools told a legislative task force studying the issue Tuesday.
- Reporters denied access to education task force tour Updated: Sep-29-15 7:09 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The chairwoman of a legislative task force studying urban education says she doesn't know if the open meetings law was broken when television reporters were denied access to a school tour.
- Wisconsin delays work on 5 major road projects Updated: Sep-29-15 3:39 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin transportation officials are pushing back completion dates for five major road projects because the state budget didn't lay out enough money for them.
- Agricultural officials expect strong bean crop in Wisconsin Updated: Sep-29-15 7:48 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin may have a reputation as a major producer of milk and cheese. But the state also produces nearly half of the U.S. supply of green beans.
- Madison man struck, killed by SUV in Dane County Updated: Sep-29-15 6:09 am
CROSS PLAINS, Wisconsin - Authorities say a pedestrian from Madison was struck and killed by an SUV in Dane County.
- Wisconsin man charged with beheading mother with sword Updated: Sep-28-15 9:02 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin man prosecutors say is severely mentally ill was charged Monday in the death of his mother, who was beheaded with a sword.
- UW: Fetal cell line research key to biomedicine advances Updated: Sep-27-15 12:31 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - High in a laboratory overlooking Lake Mendota, University of Wisconsin-Madison neuroscientist Gail Robertson is looking for the next breakthrough in medical science. If Republican lawmakers will let her, that is.
- Man charged with taking upskirt videos of women Updated: Sep-25-15 7:13 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Madison man has been charged with taking videos under the skirts of unsuspecting women.
- Man found guilty in death of his girlfriend's 5-year-old son Updated: Sep-25-15 5:53 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A 25-year-old man has been found guilty in the 2013 death of his girlfriend's 5-year-old son in Dane County.
- Inmate challenges use of risk-assessment tool in sentencing Updated: Sep-24-15 11:39 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court could decide whether judges are violating the rights of criminal defendants by using a sentencing software program that assesses their potential risk to reoffend.
- Local unemployment drops in Wisconsin cities, counties Updated: Sep-23-15 2:23 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Unemployment rates have dropped between July and August in every Wisconsin county and large city.
- Cauley, survivor of crash that killed Redding, dies at 67 Updated: Sep-22-15 9:35 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Trumpeter Ben Cauley, a member of the Stax Records group the Bar-Kays and the only survivor of the 1967 plane crash that killed most of his bandmates and Stax star Otis Redding, has died in Memphis. He was 67.
- Things to know about Wisconsin GOP's fetal tissue ban bill Updated: Sep-22-15 4:24 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans moved forward with a bill that would outlaw research on tissue from aborted fetuses, holding another public hearing on the measure Tuesday even though lawmakers have yet to announce a compromise that would win the votes to get the proposal through both the state Assembly and Senate. Here are things to know about the measure:
- Wisconsin Supreme Court holds moment of silence for Crooks Updated: Sep-22-15 11:04 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court has held a moment of silence for Justice Patrick Crooks who died in his chambers at the Capitol on Monday afternoon.
- 1 in 4 UW-Madison female undergrads sexually assaulted Updated: Sep-21-15 12:40 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - One of every four female undergraduate students at the University of Wisconsin-Madison who responded to a survey last spring said they've been sexually assaulted.
- Bills target retirement age, benefits for state workers Updated: Sep-19-15 12:44 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin state employees would have to work two more years before they could qualify for early retirement, and their pensions would be calculated differently, under a pair of bills being circulated by Republicans in the Legislature.
- Search warrant: Wisconsin woman beheaded with sword Updated: Sep-17-15 4:00 pm
SUN PRAIRIE, Wisconsin - A 68-year-old Wisconsin woman was stabbed and beheaded with a sword with a 4-foot blade, according to a search warrant.