- German vice chancellor calls for more refugee aid in Mideast Updated: Sep-21-15 2:38 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - Germany's vice chancellor began a two-day visit to Jordan on Monday, after urging the international community to increase aid to desperate Syrian refugees in the kingdom and other regional host countries to slow their migration to Europe.
- Syrian refugees seek new passports as a ticket to Europe Updated: Sep-16-15 12:27 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - A months-old Syrian government decision to start issuing passports to Syrians who fled their war-ravaged country is quietly contributing to the large exodus of refugees to Europe.
- British PM urges more aid to Syria refugees in Mideast Updated: Sep-14-15 3:10 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - British Prime Minister David Cameron urged the international community on Monday to send more aid to Syrian refugees in Middle Eastern host countries as a way of stemming mass migration to Europe.
- Syrian refugees' misery fuels desperation to reach Europe Updated: Sep-13-15 4:06 pm
DEIR ZANOUN, Lebanon - Both women fled Syria after their normal lives were destroyed in the country's civil war. Both are desperate to start a new life and see Europe as their best hope. But their fortunes are a world apart.
- AP Interview: Refugee chief links aid crisis, Europe exodus Updated: Sep-10-15 1:27 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - The influx of refugees to Europe was triggered in part by donors taking the "cheap option" and not giving enough aid to displaced Syrians in Middle Eastern asylum countries, the head of the U.N. refugee agency in Jordan said in an interview.