- Jordan lifts ban on performance by popular Lebanese band Updated: Apr-29-16 5:07 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan is permitting a popular Lebanese rock band to perform, lifting an earlier ban imposed amid claims the group's songs promoting religious and sexual freedom violate local customs and religious beliefs.
- Israel tells Jordan it is acting responsibly at major shrine Updated: Apr-25-16 1:07 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan has urged Israel to keep Israeli "settlers" from a Muslim-run shrine that also ranks as Judaism's holiest site.
- French leader worried about suspension of Syria talks Updated: Apr-19-16 1:07 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - French President Francois Hollande expressed concern over the suspension of Geneva peace talks on ending Syria's civil, saying Tuesday the development was "very worrying."
- Jordan halts plan to install cameras at Jerusalem holy site Updated: Apr-18-16 6:27 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan's prime minister on Monday said his government has decided to call off a plan to install surveillance cameras at Jerusalem's most sensitive holy site, derailing a U.S.-brokered pact to ease tensions at the volatile hilltop compound.
- Jordan recalls its ambassador from Iran for consultations Updated: Apr-18-16 5:46 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan says it is recalling its ambassador to Iran for consultations, suggesting the decision is linked to continued tensions between Tehran and Jordan ally Saudi Arabia.
- Brotherhood office raided in Jordan due to police 'mix up' Updated: Apr-17-16 11:19 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordanian security forces mistakenly raided the headquarters of the kingdom's largest Muslim Brotherhood group on Sunday after confusing it with the offices of an outlawed organization, the government said.
- Georgians travel to front lines of refugee crisis Updated: Apr-16-16 11:23 am
ATLANTA - The blank expressions on the Syrian refugee children's faces have stayed with Bill Hampton.
- Jordan raids headquarters of Muslim Brotherhood group Updated: Apr-13-16 8:50 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan raided and shut down the headquarters of the country's original Muslim Brotherhood group on Wednesday.
- Syrian father surprised by fast move from Jordan to Missouri Updated: Apr-11-16 4:22 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The patriarch of the first Syrian family to be moved to the U.S. under a "surge" program designed to quickly resettle refugees said Monday he was surprised and grateful that his family was approved for resettlement so soon.
- First Syrians arrive in US under surge resettlement program Updated: Apr-07-16 12:18 am
AMMAN, Jordan - The first Syrian family to be resettled in the U.S. under a speeded-up "surge operation" for refugees left Jordan on Wednesday and arrived in Kansas City, Missouri, to start a new life.
- Military aircraft crashes in Jordan training, pilot killed Updated: Mar-31-16 6:14 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan's armed forces website says a military aircraft crashed during a training mission in northern Jordan, killing one pilot and wounding a second.