- Powerful storms topple trees that kill driver, hurt campers Updated: Aug-04-15 4:07 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A line of powerful thunderstorms rolled through communities in southern New England on Tuesday, toppling trees that killed a driver and injured several campers at a state park and leaving as many as 150,000 electric customers without power at the height of the storms.
- East Providence woman charged in beating death of son Updated: Aug-04-15 3:14 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An East Providence woman has been charged for her alleged role in the beating death of her 6-year-old son.
- Chicago firm to build clean-energy facility in Rhode Island Updated: Aug-04-15 2:41 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Chicago-based company that plans to build a natural-gas-fueled energy facility in Rhode Island said Tuesday that the project will reduce harmful emissions, cut energy costs and create more than 300 jobs.
- Aaron Hernandez's fiancee allowed to add his surname to hers Updated: Aug-04-15 12:09 pm
NORTH PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A judge has approved a request by the fiancee of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez to add his last name to hers.
- Sculptor gives century-old Providence statue a face-lift Updated: Aug-03-15 11:44 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A century-old statue of a Civil War general in downtown Providence is riding high again.
- 2 RI towns to get $410,000 federal port safety grants Updated: Aug-03-15 11:05 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Two Rhode Island towns are receiving $410,000 in federal grants to improve maritime security and protect port infrastructure.
- PawSox spokeswoman: Lucchino role not expected to change Updated: Aug-02-15 4:54 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Larry Lucchino is stepping down as president and CEO of the Boston Red Sox, but a Pawtucket Red Sox spokeswoman says his role as principal owner of the Triple A team isn't expected to change.
- Providence mayor implements contested firefighter staffing Updated: Aug-02-15 11:19 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The mayor's plan for staffing the Providence fire department is taking effect after failed negotiations with the union, which has said it will ask a court to block it on Monday.
- Pet owners warned of spreading canine virus in Providence Updated: Jul-31-15 4:32 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence officials are warning dog owners that canine parvovirus is spreading around the city.
- Woman hit by truck in Providence suffers serious injuries Updated: Jul-31-15 2:19 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State police are investigating after a pedestrian was hit by a truck and seriously injured while crossing a highway in Providence.
- Rhode Island DEM monitoring fish kill in rivers Updated: Jul-31-15 10:20 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management is monitoring what they call a "large fish kill" in the Seekonk and Providence Rivers.
- Police: Woman struck by car while with her 2 children Updated: Jul-31-15 5:23 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police say a woman in Providence was struck by a car while she was with her two children.
- Providence council candidate, manager charged with fraud Updated: Jul-30-15 9:19 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A former Providence City Council candidate and his campaign manager are charged with election fraud in connection with the 2014 primary.
- Indictment in Mother's Day killing seen by victim's daughter Updated: Jul-30-15 4:17 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island man has been indicted on murder and other charges in the fatal stabbing of a woman in front of her daughter on Mother's Day.
- Police: Man was producing meth in trunk of car Updated: Jul-29-15 4:52 pm
GLOCESTER, Rhode Island - Authorities say a Glocester man is in federal custody after police discovered a batch of methamphetamine being produced in the trunk of the car he was driving.
- Rhode Island emergency officials announce cooling centers Updated: Jul-29-15 2:47 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Around a dozen Rhode Island communities are opening cooling centers so people can get out of high heat and humidity that is gripping the region.
- Rhode Island mandates HPV vaccine for seventh-graders Updated: Jul-29-15 2:07 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Seventh-graders in all public and private schools in Rhode Island are now required to get the HPV vaccine.
- Providence mayor launches center for residents' complaints Updated: Jul-28-15 4:22 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence Mayor Jorge Elorza has launched a new department to respond to residents' questions and complaints.
- East Providence man bitten by snake released from hospital Updated: Jul-28-15 4:58 am
EAST PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An East Providence man who was bit by a venomous copperhead snake outside his home last week says he still isn't afraid of the reptiles.
- Cranston mayor denies interfering with police department Updated: Jul-27-15 8:50 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - Cranston Mayor Allan Fung is denying comment by the head of the state police that Fung and his staff have interfered with the city's police department.
- Police: Providence woman charged in murder-for-hire scheme Updated: Jul-27-15 4:28 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police say a Providence woman has been arrested for her role in a murder-for-hire scheme involving a Providence police officer's mother.
- Raimondo: economic opportunity still needed for the disabled Updated: Jul-26-15 2:19 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo says that as the nation celebrates Sunday's 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Rhode Island still needs to focus on expanding economic opportunities for people with disabilities.
- 23-year-old man killed in motorcycle crash in Rhode Island Updated: Jul-26-15 10:08 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State police say a 23-year-old Rhode Island man has died after his motorcycle crashed on Interstate 95 in Providence.
- Dozens rally in Providence against street violence Updated: Jul-25-15 6:05 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Dozens of people have gathered in Providence for a rally against street violence in the city this summer.
- Providence officer suspended over altered gun Updated: Jul-24-15 7:55 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence police officer has been suspended with pay after a gun with an obliterated serial number was found in his bag.