- Jury finds Providence man guilty of fatal drive-by shooting Updated: Oct-09-15 4:56 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence man has been found guilty of murder in a drive-by shooting in the city.
- Rhode Island sets new standards for pet shops, shelters Updated: Oct-09-15 4:18 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State inspectors can now order pet shops and animal shelters to clean water bowls and give animals more space, instead of just recommending it.
- Rhode Island officials call on Congress to stop gun violence Updated: Oct-09-15 2:19 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island lawmakers, law enforcement officials and advocates are calling on Congress to act to stop gun violence.
- Suspended cop ordered held without bail after second arrest Updated: Oct-09-15 4:28 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A suspended Providence police officer has been ordered to be held without bail and evaluated for mental health and substance abuse after he was charged with sending threatening text messages to his doctor.
- Providence nearing conclusion of 12 years of road repairs Updated: Oct-08-15 1:44 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Road repairs and revitalization over the past dozen years in Providence are nearing completion.
- Providence municipal workers reach tentative agreement Updated: Oct-08-15 3:07 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The union representing about 1,600 Providence municipal workers has reached a tentative agreement on a three-year contract with the mayor.
- 2 Johnson & Wales students held without bail in rape case Updated: Oct-08-15 3:04 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The second pair of Johnson & Wales University students charged with sexual assault have been ordered held without bail.
- Deputy sheriff honored for securing suspect while off-duty Updated: Oct-07-15 4:52 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A deputy sheriff has been recognized for his actions in securing a murder scene outside of his own home during an awards ceremony for law enforcement officers in Providence.
- Officials: 3 hurt after vehicle is hit from behind Updated: Oct-07-15 7:19 am
EAST PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Three people were hospitalized, one with life-threatening injuries, after a Jeep was hit from behind by a second vehicle in East Providence, causing it to roll over on to the sidewalk.
- Documents: PawSox stadium would have posed challenges Updated: Oct-06-15 6:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A proposed ballpark for the Pawtucket Red Sox on waterfront land in downtown Providence would have posed significant urban design and environmental challenges, according to feasibility studies obtained Tuesday through a public records request by The Associated Press.
- Audit: Ex-director of DCYF received 'inappropriate' payments Updated: Oct-06-15 5:25 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The former director of Rhode Island's child welfare agency received inappropriate payments from an agency vendor that failed to return nearly $450,000 in unused funds during her tenure, according to an audit released Tuesday.
- Dog's barking helps police catch 2 suspects after car chase Updated: Oct-06-15 8:43 am
NORTH PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A police chase that began in Scituate ended in North Providence with the help of a clever canine.
- Providence program to fix word gap is expanding Updated: Oct-05-15 5:28 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A program that seeks to boost the language skills of low-income children in Providence is expanding.
- Cop complains after "blacklivesmatter" put on coffee cup Updated: Oct-05-15 2:09 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Providence police union is speaking out after an officer received a cup of coffee with "blacklivesmatter" written on it.
- Rhode Island officials confiscate alligator from home Updated: Oct-03-15 10:55 am
EAST PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A 4-and-a-half foot alligator has been confiscated from the home of an East Providence man.
- State emergency officials urge people to prepare for storm Updated: Oct-01-15 6:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island got a break Thursday from rain that drenched much of the East Coast, but forecasters warned the worst is yet to come.
- FBI data: 2014 was Providence's safest years in decades Updated: Sep-30-15 4:29 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Newly released FBI figures suggest that crime in Providence dropped to its lowest point in nearly three decades last year.
- Police: Metal debris damages more than a dozen vehicles Updated: Sep-30-15 3:04 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island State Police say a piece of debris damaged at least 14 vehicles on Interstate 95.
- Man pleads guilty to cooking meth in trunk while driving Updated: Sep-29-15 2:22 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island man has pleaded guilty to cooking meth in his trunk while driving around Glocester.
- Providence restaurant fire ruled arson; reward offered Updated: Sep-29-15 7:39 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A New Year's Eve fire at a popular Providence restaurant has been ruled arson, and authorities are offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.
- Police identify man killed in crash on Interstate 95 Updated: Sep-29-15 6:05 am
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - State police have identified a Rhode Island man who died in a four-vehicle crash on Interstate 95 in Massachusetts.
- Whitehouse calls on House to pass funding for highways Updated: Sep-28-15 1:50 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - U.S. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse says he's trying to pressure the Republican-controlled House of Representatives into passing a transportation bill.
- Police release name of Providence man found fatally shot Updated: Sep-27-15 3:30 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police have released the identity of a Providence man found fatally shot on a sidewalk.
- Ex-officer files suit claiming discrimination in arrest Updated: Sep-27-15 1:23 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A former Providence police officer and his son were assaulted by his fellow officers and state police, then arrested due to the color of their skin while helping apprehend a suspect, the man alleged in a $1 million federal lawsuit filed last week.
- Rhode Island farthest away from spending federal water funds Updated: Sep-27-15 9:16 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island is the farthest off track of all the states from meeting the Environmental Protection Agency's goal of spending the money in a key drinking water program by next year's deadline, according to federal data reviewed by The Associated Press.