- Preliminary hearing set for pair accused of Salina killing Updated: May-03-16 2:40 pm
SALINA, Kansas - A preliminary hearing is set for next week for two people charged in the killing of a Nebraska man in a Salina motel parking lot.
- Fugitive in Joplin police shooting case in custody in Kansas Updated: May-03-16 2:20 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - A man who left a Joplin hospital against medical advice after he was wounded by police is jailed in Kansas.
- Kill in long-unsolved Kansas killing to be freed Updated: May-03-16 1:14 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - A former student body president of a small Christian college in Kansas who escaped capture in a killing for more than two decades is about to be freed.
- The Latest: Civil trial starts for anti-abortion activist Updated: May-03-16 1:13 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The Latest on the civil trial of an anti-abortion activist accused of threatening a Kansas doctor (all times local):
- Sprint reports bigger loss than expected Updated: May-03-16 11:18 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Sprint reported a worse-than-expected loss in its fiscal fourth quarter, even as it added more customers to its cell phone service.
- Recent Kansas Editorials Updated: May-03-16 10:20 am
The Manhattan Mercury, May 2
- B-29 'Doc' a step closer to airworthiness certificate Updated: May-03-16 8:23 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A World War II bomber is moving closer to achieving its Federal Aviation Administration airworthiness certificate.
- Anti-abortion activist goes to trial over letter to doctor Updated: May-03-16 8:01 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Kansas anti-abortion activist faces trial in federal court this week over a letter she sent to a Wichita physician saying someone might place an explosive under the doctor's car.
- Suspended Kansas lawyer sentenced for mishandling trust Updated: May-03-16 7:06 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A suspended Kansas City, Kansas, lawyer has been sentenced for misappropriating money from a disabled man's trust fund.
- Arkansas City woman sentenced in 16-month-old child's death Updated: May-03-16 1:41 am
ARKANSAS CITY, Kansas - An Arkansas City woman found guilty in the death of her 16-month-old daughter has been sentenced to 18 months of probation.
- Weather Service to re-enact deadly 1991 tornado outbreak Updated: May-02-16 7:50 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - National Weather Service branches in Wichita and Tulsa, Oklahoma, are re-enacting a deadly 1991 tornado outbreak on social media a week after the threat of nasty weather forced them to postpone a similar exercise.
- Kansas tax collections in April good news after budget plan Updated: May-02-16 6:49 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas reported Monday that its tax collections last month were slightly better than expected, good news for Republican Gov. Sam Brownback after legislators approved a plan dumping most of the work of balancing the budget into his lap.
- Kansas legislators approve plan for balancing state budget Updated: May-02-16 5:43 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators have approved a plan to dump most of the work of balancing the state's budget on Republican Gov. Sam Brownback while telling him he can't cut aid to public schools.
- Judge spares Kansas woman from prison after $1.2M theft Updated: May-02-16 4:55 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Kansas woman was spared from going to prison after admitting she helped her husband steal more than $1.2 million from a company which owns assisted living centers in Kansas and Missouri.
- Kansas lawmakers OK abortion bills, limits on local power Updated: May-02-16 4:54 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators tackled issues that included abortion and preventing cities and counties from regulating artery-clogging restaurant meals or sugary snacks as they worked on balancing the state's next budget.
- Convicted sex offender pleads guilty in ID theft case Updated: May-02-16 4:43 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A decades-long ordeal ruined a Texas man, but his life might start to get better now that the convicted sex offender in Kansas who stole his identity has pleaded guilty to misusing a Social Security number.
- Kansas standoff that scrapped classes in 2 districts ends Updated: May-02-16 3:54 pm
MONTEZUMA, Kansas - Authorities in southwestern Kansas' Gray County say a home standoff that forced the cancellation of classes in two rural districts has ended with the man's arrest.
- Lawmakers approve 'step therapy' and welfare reform bill Updated: May-02-16 12:17 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators approved a health and public welfare bill Monday that would reduce prescription drug costs within the state's Medicaid program and make changes to eligibility for public assistance.
- Police: Woman dies in Wichita parking spot dispute stabbing Updated: May-02-16 7:27 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Authorities say a woman has been stabbed to death in Wichita during a parking spot dispute.
- The Latest: Kansas legislators adjourned until June 1 Updated: May-02-16 5:21 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Latest on the Kansas Legislature (all times local):
- Kansas man dies in rollover crash near Lame Deer Updated: May-02-16 1:04 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Authorities say a Kansas man has died after rolling his vehicle down an embankment on Highway 4 in southeastern Montana.
- Portland beat Toronto 2-1, LA and Kansas draw 1-1 Updated: May-01-16 11:45 pm
- Dos Santos stays hot as Galaxy plays Sporting KC to 1-1 draw Updated: May-01-16 11:04 pm
- Chiefs gamble on trio of players with background questions Updated: May-01-16 9:24 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs have put as much faith in their off-the-field detective work as their between-the-lines scouting the past few years, and the result has been draft gems such as Marcus Peters.
- Lawrence school steers away from ban of Confederate flag Updated: May-01-16 1:47 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Lawrence school officials say it's unlikely the district will ban displays of the Confederate flag.