- Cargill plans to keep several operations in Wichita Updated: May-24-16 4:28 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Agribusiness giant Cargill said Tuesday it will keep its protein operations in Wichita, Kansas, and search for a new facility to house them.
- US House rejects phone-tracking bill spurred by teen's death Updated: May-24-16 1:23 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The U.S. House has voted down legislation prompted by the death of a Kansas teenager that would have made it easier for law enforcement to track people's cellphones in emergencies.
- Another suit accuses VA physician assistant of sexual abuse Updated: May-24-16 1:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A veteran who served in Iraq is the latest person to file a lawsuit accusing a former physician assistant at a Veteran's Administration hospital in Kansas of sexual abuse.
- Kansas-Kentucky highlights SEC/Big 12 Challenge field Updated: May-24-16 12:53 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Kentucky will host Kansas in the marquee matchup in the next SEC/Big 12 Challenge, a one-day event that features 10 games on Jan. 28 at various sites.
- Police: Kansas man run over, killed by own car Updated: May-24-16 12:14 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Police in Kansas City, Kansas, say a man is dead after being run over by his own car outside his home.
- College teacher who used racial slur in class fired Updated: May-24-16 11:53 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A white University of Kansas assistant professor who used a racial slur during a class discussion on race said the school won't renew her contract after the next academic year.
- Kansas woman gets probation for aiding convicted rapist Updated: May-24-16 11:11 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas woman has been placed on three years of intensive supervised probation for aiding a man convicted of abducting, drugging and raping an 8-year-old girl.
- Missing Kansas baby's father admits to removing GPS tracker Updated: May-24-16 9:34 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The father of a Wichita baby not seen since last summer has pleaded guilty to cutting off a GPS tracking device.
- Wichita State gets $1M to help modernize aerospace building Updated: May-24-16 9:12 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A $1 million gift will help Wichita State University renovate the aerospace engineering building on campus.
- Kansas City, Kansas, police identify fatal shooting victim Updated: May-24-16 8:27 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Police say an 18-year-old man was the victim of a fatal Kansas City, Kansas, shooting.
- Appeals court tosses Kansas home owner's drug conviction Updated: May-24-16 7:53 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Court of Appeals has overturned an Emporia man's drug convictions and faulted a prosecutor for "flagrant" errors.
- Woman pleads guilty in Salina embezzlement case Updated: May-24-16 2:49 am
SALINA, Kansas - A Bennington woman accused of embezzling more than $100,000 from the Salina real estate company where she worked has pleaded guilty.
- Chimp housed at Kansas zoo for 17 years dies at 44 Updated: May-23-16 8:14 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A chimpanzee housed for more than 17 years at the Wichita, Kansas, zoo has died at the age of 44.
- Bomber restored in Wichita passes last major hurdle to fly Updated: May-23-16 5:34 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Volunteers have achieved another major milestone in their efforts to restore a World War II bomber.
- Winter wheat coloring as harvest draws closer in Kansas Updated: May-23-16 4:56 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The latest government report shows winter wheat in Kansas is turning color as harvest draws closer.
- Evan Maxwell transferring from Liberty to Kansas Updated: May-23-16 4:15 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Liberty forward Evan Maxwell is transferring to Kansas, where the school announced Monday that he will have to sit out next season under NCAA rules.
- Kansas man pleads guilty to aiding foiled bomb plot Updated: May-23-16 3:44 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A man accused of aiding a foiled plot to bomb a Kansas military post on behalf of the Islamic State group pleaded guilty to conspiracy on Monday, admitting that he loaned a friend money to store the explosives that he intended to use in the attack.
- Kansas lawmakers expect to consider transgender restroom use Updated: May-23-16 2:45 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Republican lawmakers have vowed to voice opposition to transgender school bathrooms upon reconvening next week.
- Freed man says Kansas should end the death penalty Updated: May-23-16 9:59 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A man who spent nearly 16 years in prison for a rape and killing to which his brother confessed wants Kansas to pull the plug on the death penalty.
- Former missionary recalls hostage experience 15 years later Updated: May-23-16 9:04 am
ROSE HILL, Kansas - A former missionary held hostage for more than a year is recalling the experience as the 15-year anniversary of her abduction approaches.
- Man arrested in deadly head-on crash in Salina Updated: May-23-16 8:08 am
SALINA, Kansas - A 33-year-old man has been taken into custody in a deadly head-on crash in Salina.
- Man dies after being shot in northeast Kansas City, Kan. Updated: May-23-16 7:21 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A man has died from injuries suffered in a weekend shooting in Kansas City, Kansas.
- Kansas trooper avoids injury after car hits patrol vehicle Updated: May-22-16 7:23 pm
MOUNDRIDGE, Kansas - A Kansas Highway Patrol trooper avoided injury after a car hit his parked patrol vehicle while he was helping a disabled motorist on a busy interstate highway.
- Authorities remove 65 animals from feces-laden Kansas home Updated: May-22-16 7:01 pm
WELLINGTON, Kansas - Police and the Humane Society have removed 65 animals from a Wellington home where officers say the floors were covered with inches of feces.
- Doug Kalitta races to third straight Top Fuel victory Updated: May-22-16 6:59 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Doug Kalitta overcame an ill-handling car Sunday in the NHRA Kansas Nationals to race to his third consecutive Top Fuel victory.