- Chanute man to appear in hearing on traffic death Updated: Jul-30-15 8:07 am
GIRARD, Kansas - An October preliminary hearing date has been set for the Chanute man charged in the traffic death of a Washburn University professor who was struck and killed while riding her bike
- 2 men arrested at Mount Hope home; drugs, guns seized Updated: Jul-30-15 6:31 am
MOUNT HOPE, Kansas - Two men have been arrested for possessing drugs, drug-related paraphernalia and firearms in Mount Hope.
- Pharmacy to close to make way for Wichita hospital Updated: Jul-30-15 6:28 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The Wesley Outpatient Pharmacy is set to close to make way for Wesley Children's Hospital in Wichita.
- Voter ID laws focus of Kansas civil rights committee Updated: Jul-29-15 7:49 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas division of a federal civil rights commission will investigate whether voter identification laws have affected turnout around the state.
- Emporia State couple claims racial harassment at university Updated: Jul-29-15 7:26 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A black couple who have been working for a small university in eastern Kansas says the school is retaliating against them for complaining about a racial incident.
- Kansas budget director to outline spending cuts Thursday Updated: Jul-29-15 5:49 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Gov. Sam Brownback's budget director is preparing to outline $50 million in adjustments to keep the current Kansas budget from resulting in a deficit.
- GOP legislators block audit of Kansas foster care system Updated: Jul-29-15 5:29 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican legislators on Wednesday blocked a state audit of Kansas' foster care system even though several acknowledged that they have ongoing concerns about how well it protects abused and neglected children.
- Kansas bombing plot defendant faces Aug. 19 court hearing Updated: Jul-29-15 5:05 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A federal court hearing is set for next month for a 20-year-old man charged with plotting to bomb an Army post in Kansas in support of the Islamic State group.
- Wichita settles with man who claimed police officer beat him Updated: Jul-29-15 3:34 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The city of Wichita has settled a lawsuit accusing an 18-year veteran of the police department of beating a man over what began as an alleged parking violation.
- Appeals court: Kansas abortion opponent must stand trial Updated: Jul-29-15 2:42 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Kansas abortion opponent must stand trial over a letter she sent to a Wichita doctor saying someone might place an explosive under the doctor's car, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.
- Kansas casino company seeks to build 4-story hotel Updated: Jul-29-15 2:02 pm
PITTSBURG, Kansas - Investors developing a state-owned gambling casino in southeast Kansas are seeking permission to build a four-story hotel.
- Judge considers motions in Salina teen's murder case Updated: Jul-29-15 9:01 am
SALINA, Kansas - A Saline County judge will determine if statements a teenager gave to investigators hours after her sister was killed can be admitted at trial.
- Woman charged for assault, robbery at Kansas lake Updated: Jul-29-15 7:34 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A 23-year-old woman has been charged in the robbery and beating of a man at Douglas State Fishing Lake.
- Woman finds unexploded mortar round while cleaning home Updated: Jul-29-15 5:06 am
PRAIRIE VILLAGE, Kansas - A suburban Kansas City woman cleaning out some of her husband's items found what is believed to be a live explosive in their home.
- Police say man fatally shot employer near KU Medical Center Updated: Jul-29-15 5:06 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Kansas City, Kansas, police were looking for a man they say fatally shot his boss outside a medical office building near University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Man found guilty in bride's death hours after her wedding Updated: Jul-29-15 3:16 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A man has been found guilty for the fatal drive-by shooting of a woman just hours after her wedding in Topeka.
- Kansas governor won't be present for budget announcement Updated: Jul-28-15 6:34 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Gov. Sam Brownback doesn't plan to be present when his administration outlines $50 million in spending cuts to help Kansas avert a budget deficit.
- Kansas, Indiana, UCLA head Maui Invitational Updated: Jul-28-15 1:00 pm
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Kansas will open the 2015 Maui Invitational against Chaminade, the Division II host school known for some of college basketball's biggest upsets.
- Wichita man killed when 2 semis collide on turnpike Updated: Jul-28-15 12:07 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Two semis collided on the Kansas Turnpike, killing one of the drivers.
- Panel finds that mental health system in Kansas inadequate Updated: Jul-28-15 11:13 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Treatment options for the mentally ill in Kansas are lacking because the two acute care psychiatric hospitals in the state lack space and smaller mental health facilities are underfunded, according to a special state task force.
- Top Democrat in Kansas House apologizes to caucus Updated: Jul-28-15 11:13 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The top Democrat in the Kansas House has apologized to fellow Democrats and asked how he can improve next session.
- Kansas schools try to help students limit their debt Updated: Jul-28-15 10:01 am
SALINA, Kansas - Higher education schools in Salina have been working with students to improve their financial knowledge and manage their student debt.
- Kansas fish farms benefiting from wet weather Updated: Jul-28-15 9:55 am
WICHITA, Kansas - After years of drought, all the recent wet weather in Kansas has been a boon to the state's fish farmers.
- Missouri River race to St. Louis begins Updated: Jul-28-15 9:41 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - About 600 paddlers are headed east down the Missouri River to St. Charles for the start of the Missouri 340 race.
- Topeka police investigating after body found in car Updated: Jul-28-15 7:17 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Topeka police are investigating after a body was found in a car in a grocery store parking lot.