- No. 19 Vanderbilt cruises past Wake Forest 86-64 in Maui Updated: Nov-24-15 11:06 pm
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Vanderbilt has reached the championship game of the Maui Jim Maui Invitational without really being tested.
- Missouri down to 1 abortion clinic after Columbia stops them Updated: Nov-24-15 7:06 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Planned Parenthood clinic in Columbia has stopped performing abortions, leaving only one clinic in the state still offering them.
- Kansas urges court to let governor, lawmakers decide funding Updated: Nov-24-15 5:59 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - State attorneys urged the Kansas Supreme Court on Tuesday to allow the governor and lawmakers to decide whether schools were getting enough money, not a small number of school districts challenging in the courts a new school-funding law.
- WVU to open 2016 Big 12 schedule against Kansas State Updated: Nov-24-15 3:16 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia will open the 2016 Big 12 football schedule at home against Kansas State on Oct. 1.
- KCP&L appeals rate increase ruling by Kansas regulators Updated: Nov-24-15 2:55 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas City Power & Light is appealing a September ruling by Kansas regulators reducing the percentage of annual profit the utility is allowed to return to its stockholders.
- Coffeyville weathers Amazon job losses better than expected Updated: Nov-24-15 2:20 pm
COFFEYVILLE, Kansas - Football fans still pack Veterans Memorial Stadium here on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons in the fall. The Verdigris River still flows sluggishly by.
- 600 Franklin County residents to be summoned for trial Updated: Nov-24-15 1:39 pm
OTTAWA, Kansas - Hundreds of Franklin County residents are expected to receive jury summonses for the capital murder trial of a man accused of killing four people.
- Man sentenced to 31 months for Wichita shooting Updated: Nov-24-15 11:11 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 32-year-old Wichita man faces about 2 ½ years in prison for a fatal shooting in June.
- Lawrence superintendent resigning Updated: Nov-24-15 8:40 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The superintendent of Lawrence public schools has announced his resignation.
- Wichita offering amnesty program for some suspended drivers Updated: Nov-24-15 5:01 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita Municipal Court is offering an amnesty program next month for drivers whose licenses have been suspended for failing to pay or go to court for a traffic citation.
- Poor equipment, weather to blame for fatal crash near Derby Updated: Nov-24-15 4:45 am
DERBY, Kansas - A new report says a plane crash that killed a California traveling pastor and his longtime pilot in 2013 near Derby was the result of the pilot attempting to navigate icy conditions with malfunctioning controls.
- No. 5 Kansas crushes Chaminade 123-72 in Maui Invitational Updated: Nov-24-15 2:18 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Kansas doesn't seem to understand that you're supposed to treat your host well.
- No. 9 Tar Heels beat Northwestern 80-69 in CBE Classic semis Updated: Nov-24-15 12:06 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - North Carolina coach Roy Williams treats every defeat a little bit differently, taking into account the opponent, the situation, things that might be going on in school or in life.
- Kansas State blows out Missouri 66-42 in CBE Classic semis Updated: Nov-23-15 11:28 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas State still views Missouri as one of its rivals, even though the two schools separated by a long drive down Interstate 70 haven't been members of the same league for years.
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57 Updated: Nov-23-15 10:24 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Thirty years to the day after winning his first game as head coach of UConn, Geno Auriemma earned his 919th victory.
- District attorney blocks recall effort against commissioner Updated: Nov-23-15 8:12 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The Sedgwick County district attorney on Monday blocked a recall effort against a county commissioner who has faced criticism for his public health budget votes and stance on benefits for people living the country illegally.
- Bill Clinton wins award named after former rival Bob Dole Updated: Nov-23-15 7:53 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Former President Bill Clinton is the latest recipient of a prize named after the man he defeated in the 1996 election.
- Rubio joins field for spot in Kansas Republican caucus Updated: Nov-23-15 6:38 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Sen. Marco Rubio has filed for the Kansas Republican President caucus, making him the sixth presidential contender to file in the state.
- Kansas lobbyist concerned with state handling of foster care Updated: Nov-23-15 5:27 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A lobbyist for a Kansas police association has expressed concerns over the way state social workers handle foster care.
- Like old times, Kentucky on top of men's AP poll again Updated: Nov-23-15 3:48 pm
Kentucky, its star-filled roster decimated by the NBA draft, didn't wait long to get back to the top of The Associated Press poll.
- Man sentenced in strangulation death of home-care client Updated: Nov-23-15 3:09 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Eudora man accused of strangling his disabled home-care client to death in September 2014 has been sentenced to more than 16 years in prison.
- Fort Riley's new hospital faces more delays Updated: Nov-23-15 1:50 pm
FORT RILEY, Kansas - The opening of Fort Riley's new hospital has been pushed back after already being delayed more than three years.
- Kansas secretary of Aging and Disability resigns Updated: Nov-23-15 1:35 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kari Bruffett, secretary of the Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services, has announced plans to resign at the end of the year.
- Kansas officials sharply criticize NCAA over Diallo case Updated: Nov-23-15 12:17 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas officials have sharply criticized the NCAA over its handling of five-star prospect Cheick Diallo, who remains ineligible to participate in games for the Jayhawks after several months of investigations.
- Kansas seeking increase in engineering grads Updated: Nov-23-15 10:57 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas is moving toward a goal of increasing the number of college graduates majoring in engineering.