- Electric Boat partners with Rhode Island schools Updated: May-26-16 1:42 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - U.S. Navy contractor Electric Boat is partnering with Rhode Island schools to help train about 180 students for marine industry careers over the next two years.
- Man who sold gun, drugs in Rhode Island gets prison time Updated: May-26-16 11:21 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Massachusetts man arrested for selling drugs and a gun on the streets of Rhode Island has been sentenced to more than seven years in federal prison.
- Newport takes a step toward plastic bag ban Updated: May-26-16 8:21 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Newport is one step closer to banning single-use plastic shopping bags.
- Vice President Biden to deliver speech in East Providence Updated: May-26-16 3:26 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo's office has released further details regarding Vice President Joe Biden's upcoming visit to Rhode Island later this week.
- Man drives off bridge abutment, drops 60 feet in Johnston Updated: May-26-16 3:21 am
JOHNSTON, Rhode Island - State police say a Rhode Island man was hospitalized in critical condition after he drove off a bridge abutment in Johnston and his vehicle dropped 60 feet below.
- Ex-owner: Jon Stewart's horse used for kids' finger-painting Updated: May-25-16 8:05 pm
KENNETT SQUARE, Pennsylvania - A horse adopted by Jon Stewart and his wife hadn't been shot more than 100 times by a paintball gun as previously reported but had been used as a canvas for children's finger-painting parties, its former owner said.
- Rhode Island GOP files complaint against state lawmaker Updated: May-25-16 7:21 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Republican Party has filed an ethics complaint against a state representative for failing to disclose her employment with the city of Providence on mandatory fiscal disclosure forms.
- US defense secretary calls for faster technology development Updated: May-25-16 5:09 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter said on Wednesday that a naval facility in Rhode Island is doing what the entire Defense Department should do: develop technology more quickly.
- A look at CEO pay in Rhode Island Updated: May-25-16 3:31 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - There are four CEOs from Rhode Island-based companies included in The Associated Press' annual study of CEO pay.
- New England mob associate indicted on perjury charge Updated: May-25-16 2:12 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A New England mob associate has been indicted on a perjury charge stemming from a long-running investigation into a shakedown ring focusing on Providence strip clubs.
- 20-foot-long whale washes ashore in Rhode Island Updated: May-25-16 11:40 am
MIDDLETOWN, Rhode Island - A 20-foot-long minke whale has washed ashore at the Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge in Rhode Island.
- Jamestown officer killed in crash to be laid to rest Updated: May-25-16 11:38 am
JAMESTOWN, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island police officer killed in a wrong-way crash on Interstate 95 will be laid to rest this weekend.
- 2 Boston men charged with sex trafficking girl in RI Updated: May-25-16 10:47 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Two Boston men are facing federal charges of trafficking a minor for prostitution in Rhode Island, after another man told police that one of them was trying to extort him for having sex with the girl.
- State to consider new lottery game to fund history museum Updated: May-25-16 3:12 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A new proposal calls for creating a new state lottery game and using the proceeds from the first six months to help develop a $15-million Rhode Island history center in Bristol.
- Ethics commission considers election-season blackout Updated: May-24-16 4:36 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Ethics Commission is considering an election-season blackout on ethics complaints.
- Plan that put all prison inmates in 1 city district tossed Updated: May-24-16 3:38 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A federal judge on Tuesday threw out a redistricting plan in Cranston that put all the inmates at the state prison into one city ward.
- Man accused of exposing himself could face additional counts Updated: May-24-16 3:17 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An East Providence man accused of exposing himself on a Massachusetts beach could face additional charges.
- Officer dies in crash 1 year after police academy graduation Updated: May-24-16 2:41 pm
JAMESTOWN, Rhode Island - A police officer who was among two people killed in a wrong-way crash on Interstate 95 in Rhode Island died on the one-year anniversary of his graduation from the police academy.
- Ethics Commission: Ex-lawmaker erred in taking Raimondo job Updated: May-24-16 1:42 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Ethics Commission has found probable cause that a former state lawmaker violated the ethics code by accepting a job with Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo.
- Taxpayer assistance approved for proposed Providence hotel Updated: May-24-16 3:35 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Construction on an extended-stay hotel in Providence is set to move forward after the Rhode Island Commerce Corporation voted to give the developer up to $4.8 million in taxpayer assistance over 20 years.
- Man pleads guilty to role in killing, dismembering man Updated: May-23-16 6:30 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence man has pleaded guilty to his role in the slaying and dismemberment of a Cranston man whose remains were found last summer in waters off Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- Rhode Island lawmakers moving quickly on ethics reform Updated: May-23-16 3:36 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Hoping to show it's cleaning up its act, the Rhode Island General Assembly is moving quickly on changes that would put lawmakers under the watch of an ethics commission and strengthen lobbying rules.
- US Supreme Court lets conviction stand in $46M scheme Updated: May-23-16 10:59 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The U.S. Supreme Court has let stand the conviction of a Rhode Island man who ran a $46 million investment scheme that targeted the terminally ill.
- Police investigating report of shots fired at Warwick Mall Updated: May-23-16 3:17 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Police are investigating after shots were fired at a vehicle in the parking lot of the Warwick Mall over the weekend.
- Police: Swastika found on sign outside Pawtucket synagogue Updated: May-23-16 3:14 am
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Police are investigating after a swastika was spray-painted on a welcome sign posted outside a synagogue in Pawtucket over the weekend.