- Researchers say they're closing in on Captain Cook's ship Updated: May-04-16 1:06 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Researchers say they believe the ship that 18th century explorer Capt. James Cook used to sail around the world is still submerged somewhere in Rhode Island's Newport Harbor, but it'll take a lot of work and money to identify it.
- Body found in vacant Providence house after fire Updated: May-04-16 10:38 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - One person has been found dead following a fire at a vacant house in Providence.
- Rhode Island's Gov. Raimondo takes trade trip to California Updated: May-04-16 10:37 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo is traveling to Silicon Valley for a three-day trip to persuade companies to invest in Rhode Island.
- Cumberland hit-and-run victim dies, driver has been charged Updated: May-04-16 3:36 am
CUMBERLAND, Rhode Island - Police say an 18-year-old man has died from injuries sustained in a hit-and-run accident in Cumberland and the driver responsible has been charged.
- New York man pleads guilty to role in ATM skimming scam Updated: May-04-16 3:34 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A New York man has admitted to his role in a scheme that installed skimmers on bank ATMs across Rhode Island to steal more than $709,000 from unsuspecting victims.
- The Latest: Mattiello: Lawmaker resigned amid federal probe Updated: May-03-16 4:46 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Latest on the resignation of Rhode Island House Finance Committee Chairman Raymond Gallison (all times local):
- Providence teen sentenced to prison for armed robberies Updated: May-03-16 4:35 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence teenager has been sentenced to 12 years in prison under a plea agreement for a series of armed robberies.
- Police seeking suspect in Bryant University sexual assaults Updated: May-03-16 1:49 pm
SMITHFIELD, Rhode Island - Police have issued an arrest warrant for a man wanted in connection with several burglaries and sexual assaults at Bryant University over the weekend.
- CVS Health tops Street 1Q forecasts Updated: May-03-16 11:20 am
NEW YORK - Specialty drugs and retail expansions boosted CVS Health's first-quarter revenue by 18.9 percent, helping to offset higher costs and push results above Wall Street expectations.
- Raimondo wants new elections director Updated: May-03-16 11:00 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo says she wants the state Board of Elections to replace its executive director and she's nominating two new board members to make it happen.
- Police investigating death of Johnson & Wales freshman Updated: May-03-16 3:40 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police in Providence are investigating the death of a Johnson & Wales University freshman who was found unresponsive in a dormitory over the weekend.
- Wells Fargo seeks to stay state lawsuit in 38 Studios deal Updated: May-02-16 4:09 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Wells Fargo Securities is seeking to halt a lawsuit filed by the Rhode Island Commerce Corp. accusing it of withholding crucial information in the state's $75 million deal with 38 Studios, the failed video game company started by former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling.
- Rhode Island schools take in Central American migrants Updated: May-02-16 3:12 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - One of Murkje Dekoe's students was pregnant and spent her weekends working long hours in a cranberry bog. Others spent nights toiling in factories and high-end restaurants.
- Gas prices up 7 cents per gallon in Rhode Island Updated: May-02-16 12:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gas prices are up an average of seven cents per gallon in Rhode Island.
- Rhode Island bills aim to help deaf at theaters, drive-thrus Updated: May-02-16 11:23 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island lawmakers are considering legislation that would address everything from how the deaf and hard-of-hearing order at restaurants to how they watch movies.
- May kicks off fundraising for Station Fire Memorial Park Updated: May-02-16 3:44 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - May begins a month-long effort by faith communities across Rhode Island to help raise the funds needed to complete Station Fire Memorial Park in West Warwick.
- Police ask for public's help in finding Little Compton man Updated: May-02-16 3:43 am
LITTLE COMPTON, Rhode Island - Police in Little Compton are asking for the public's help in locating a missing 39-year-old man who was last seen in the coastal Rhode Island town on Tuesday morning.
- Elephants perform for final time at Ringling Bros. Updated: May-01-16 10:20 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus bid farewell to its performing elephants on Sunday, as the show closed its own chapter on a practice that has entertained audiences in America for two centuries but has come under fire by animal rights activists.
- The Latest: Elephants give final Ringling Bros. performance Updated: May-01-16 9:32 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Latest on elephants performing for the last time at Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus (all times local):
- 'Family Guy' creator to sing with Boston Pops opening night Updated: May-01-16 5:50 pm
BOSTON - "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane is helping the Boston Pops kick off its spring concert series.
- Lawmakers to consider bill curbing out-of-school suspensions Updated: May-01-16 3:04 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island lawmakers are considering a bill to curb out-of-school suspensions and study if there's bias in school disciplinary practices.
- Raimondo to celebrate College Signing Day in Providence Updated: May-01-16 1:03 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo is planning to visit a Providence high school to celebrate College Signing Day with graduating seniors.
- Lawmakers ask colleagues to wear bow ties to fight bullying Updated: May-01-16 11:00 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Two state lawmakers are encouraging their colleagues to wear bow ties and scarves to raise money to fight bullying.
- AG to host shred-a-thons to stop identity theft Updated: May-01-16 9:37 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's attorney general is working with a shredding service to host free shred-a-thons.
- Rhode Island awarded $1.25 million to help the unemployed Updated: Apr-30-16 4:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island has been awarded nearly $1.25 million to provide re-employment and eligibility assessments to people who are unemployed.