- Truck tolls bill scheduled for important votes Updated: Feb-09-16 2:00 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A bill to charge big-rig trucks to travel Rhode Island highways is scheduled for important votes despite protests from some lawmakers who say they don't have enough details.
- The Latest: Former Mayor Buddy Cianci laid to rest Updated: Feb-08-16 4:32 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Latest on Buddy Cianci, the wisecracking politician who led the city of Providence during a turbulent and troubled six terms as mayor, being laid to rest (all times local):
- Rhode Island police trace 'robocall' bomb threats to Russia Updated: Feb-08-16 4:20 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State police say a string of bomb threats that targeted schools in three Rhode Island communities left an electronic trail leading to Russia.
- House Finance Chairman fined for misreported contributions Updated: Feb-08-16 3:43 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Board of Elections has fined House Finance Chairman Raymond Gallison for misreporting $18,850 in campaign contributions.
- Providence says goodbye to colorful ex-Mayor Buddy Cianci Updated: Feb-08-16 3:30 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence said goodbye on Monday to former Mayor Buddy Cianci, the wisecracking king of one-liners who led the city during a turbulent and troubled six terms.
- Rhode Island gas prices fall for tenth consecutive week Updated: Feb-08-16 2:53 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gas prices in Rhode Island have fallen for the tenth consecutive week to the lowest price in seven years.
- "Star Wars" and other movie toys give Hasbro a boost Updated: Feb-08-16 11:18 am
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Hollywood gets the top billing in Hasbro's star performance over the critical holiday season.
- Police: 1 hospitalized after head-on collision crash Updated: Feb-08-16 6:50 am
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Police say one person was hospitalized after a head-on collision in Pawtucket.
- New England to get brunt of snowstorm heading east Updated: Feb-07-16 7:25 pm
BOSTON - Forecasters say parts of New England could get the brunt of a snowstorm that's heading for the east coast.
- Photography to be allowed inside Newport mansions Updated: Feb-07-16 2:30 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Visitors to Newport will soon be allowed to take photos inside some of the city's famous Gilded Age mansions for the first time.
- Rhode Island lawmakers to propose legalizing marijuana Updated: Feb-07-16 1:01 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A bill to legalize and tax recreational marijuana in Rhode Island is returning to the state's General Assembly after failing to pass in previous years.
- Garrett scores 29 points; Rhode Island beats La Salle 79-62 Updated: Feb-06-16 10:57 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Jarvis Garrett scored 19 of his career-high 28 points in the second half to help Rhode Island pull away and beat La Salle 79-62 on Saturday night.
- Bentil plays, but No. 11 Friars can't catch No. 3 Wildcats Updated: Feb-06-16 7:27 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Ben Bentil played for Providence despite an injured ankle, scoring 18 of his 20 points in the second half against No. 3 Villanova.
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win Updated: Feb-06-16 6:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Villanova was overpowered on both ends of the floor in its overtime loss at home to Providence last month, the first vulnerability shown by a team that was unbeaten in Big East play.
- More than 200 Rhode Islanders to be paid for HSBC settlement Updated: Feb-06-16 3:57 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island officials say homeowners who were victims to banking giant HSBC's abusive lending practices may be eligible for relief under a mortgage abuse settlement.
- Rhode Island Foundation offers grants to build community Updated: Feb-06-16 10:30 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Foundation is offering $500,000 in grants for activities and projects that will build a sense of community throughout the state.
- State treasurer to promote financial literacy nationwide Updated: Feb-06-16 9:10 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The state's general treasurer is taking a leadership role in promoting financial literacy nationwide.
- Answers sought after male bus driver poses as elderly woman Updated: Feb-05-16 5:59 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - Some Rhode Island city councilors want to know more about a middle-age male senior center van driver who posed as an elderly woman during a press conference.
- Rhode Island day care evacuated due to carbon monoxide leak Updated: Feb-05-16 4:07 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A day care in Rhode Island has been evacuated because of a carbon monoxide leak.
- 12 bus routes detoured for Buddy Cianci funeral Updated: Feb-05-16 12:54 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Twelve bus routes will be detoured and bus stops relocated to accommodate the funeral procession for former Providence Mayor Buddy Cianci.
- Rhode Island college moving forward with satellite campus Updated: Feb-05-16 4:19 am
WESTERLY, Rhode Island - The Community College of Rhode Island is moving forward with plans to build a satellite campus in Westerly.
- Storm expected to bring heavy snow during morning commute Updated: Feb-04-16 7:44 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A winter storm is expected to bring heavy snow to Rhode Island overnight and make for a messy morning commute.
- Rhode Island attorney general: Daily fantasy sports legal Updated: Feb-04-16 7:39 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Daily fantasy sports mix chance and skill and are legal under state law, the state's attorney general said Thursday.
- Police: Deaths of 2 women in Exeter not suspicious Updated: Feb-04-16 6:08 pm
EXETER, Rhode Island - Rhode Island State Police say the deaths of two women found in their Exeter home do not appear to be suspicious.
- Providence adjusting from latest bite from injury bug Updated: Feb-04-16 5:22 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - You'll have to pardon Providence coach Ed Cooley if he doesn't seemed too panicked about having his top player on the training table days before the 11th-ranked Friars' biggest home game of the season.