- Rhode Island police task force on lookout for drunk drivers Updated: Jul-04-15 11:08 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island law enforcement task force is on the lookout for drunken drivers this holiday weekend.
- Rhode Island charter schools to work with California group Updated: Jul-04-15 10:16 am
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Two Rhode Island schools will work with a California-based charter school company on using technology in their classrooms.
- Bristol celebrates 230th 4th of July festivities with parade Updated: Jul-04-15 9:50 am
BRISTOL, Rhode Island - Rhode Island is hosting what's called the nation's oldest continuous Fourth of July celebration.
- Chafee's campaign leaves some NH Democrats a bit puzzled Updated: Jul-04-15 3:13 am
LACONIA, New Hampshire - Presidential candidate Lincoln Chafee stands before a few dozen people at a meeting of New Hampshire's Belknap County Democrats. The Republican-turned-independent-turned-Democrat gets nods of approval when he tells them he was the only Republican senator to vote against authorizing the war in Iraq.
- Newport police union hires firm to perform audit Updated: Jul-03-15 9:02 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The police union in Newport has hired a firm to audit its finances amid claims by some officers that there has been more than $100,000 in unauthorized and unexplained expenses over a five-year period.
- Officials call off search for missing swimmer in Barrington Updated: Jul-03-15 7:43 pm
BARRINGTON, Rhode Island - Authorities have called off a search in waters off Barrington for a man who went missing during a boating trip.
- Police: 2 brothers caught with cocaine, pot in Woonsocket Updated: Jul-03-15 5:41 pm
WOONSOCKET, Rhode Island - Two brothers are facing multiple drug charges after Woonsocket police say they caught the men with 77 grams of cocaine, 19 grams of marijuana and nearly $12,000 in cash.
- 4 RI beaches reopened after new bacteria tests Updated: Jul-03-15 3:28 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Rhode Island health officials have recommended reopening four beaches in Warwick and Warren to swimmers after new tests showed bacteria levels were acceptable.
- Shop local campaign kicks off in Rhode Island Updated: Jul-03-15 12:14 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - More than 60 locally owned shops and restaurants are offering special discounts this week as part of a new "shop local" campaign.
- Providence to host 2016 national gymnastics competition Updated: Jul-03-15 11:46 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's capitol city has been awarded next year's USA Gymnastics Championships.
- Police: Criminal charges unlikely in backyard menagerie case Updated: Jul-03-15 10:14 am
TIVERTON, Rhode Island - Authorities say a Massachusetts couple who kept a menagerie of goats, chickens, ducks and alpacas behind a condemned home in Tiverton are unlikely to face criminal charges in Rhode Island.
- Humane Society raps state lawmaker over chicken cage bill Updated: Jul-03-15 7:58 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Humane Society of the United States is targeting a state lawmaker it blames for stalling legislation intended to give caged chickens more room.
- Jury indicts ex-convict in stabbing death Updated: Jul-03-15 5:43 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island man accused of killing a 55-year-old man last year and stealing his car has been indicted on charges of murder, felony larceny and drug possession.
- Authorities say 2 people were stranded on a beach Updated: Jul-03-15 4:55 am
EAST PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Authorities say two people drove onto a Rhode Island beach when the tide came in and stranded them in their vehicle.
- Coast Guard aiding search for missing boater in Barrington Updated: Jul-02-15 9:16 pm
BARRINGTON, Rhode Island - Local authorities and the Coast Guard are searching for a man who went missing while boating in waters off Barrington.
- PawSox owners to tour Rhode Island to tout ballpark plan Updated: Jul-02-15 3:18 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The owners of the Pawtucket Red Sox will embark on a summer-long road trip to all 39 cities and towns in Rhode Island to promote their proposal for a new ballpark in downtown Providence.
- Foundations for first US offshore wind farm head for RI Updated: Jul-02-15 11:43 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Five massive structures that will be attached to the ocean floor for the nation's first offshore wind farm are coming to Rhode Island.
- Governor appoints next RI National Guard Adjutant General Updated: Jul-02-15 11:15 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo has appointed the next Adjutant General of the Rhode Island National Guard.
- Researchers receive $500K grant to study bat fungus Updated: Jul-02-15 10:59 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island researchers have been given a $500,000 federal grant to investigate a fungus killing bats.
- Men charged with stealing brass markers from RI graves Updated: Jul-02-15 10:51 am
WEST WARWICK, Rhode Island - Two men have been arrested in the theft of bronze markers from the graves of veterans in a Rhode Island cemetery.
- Texas teen found in RI, man charged with sex trafficking Updated: Jul-02-15 7:29 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence man has been charged with sex trafficking after police found a missing Texas teen in a city rooming house.
- Man collides with car after police chase Updated: Jul-02-15 6:07 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police say a Providence man with a long criminal history was involved in a multi-city police chase that caused a crash.
- Police: Suspect in assault case dies after fleeing the scene Updated: Jul-02-15 4:40 am
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Officials in Rhode Island are investigating after a man suspected in an assault died from what police believe to be a drug overdose.
- Advocates seek restoration of law offering OD protections Updated: Jul-01-15 5:54 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The expiration of a law that protects Rhode Islanders who call 911 to assist drug overdose victims will lead to more senseless drug overdose deaths, public health advocates said Wednesday.
- Providence man gets 50 years for trying to kill 2 women Updated: Jul-01-15 5:34 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence man has been sentenced to a total of 50 years in prison related to his attempt last year to kill his estranged girlfriend and her mother.