- Expert: Wisconsin's 20-week abortion ban bill could backfire Updated: Jun-02-15 12:00 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - As the Wisconsin Legislature's health committees took up a fast-tracked bill Tuesday that would ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, a medical expert said the measure could prompt more early terminations.
- THE LATEST: GOP presidential candidates gather in Florida Updated: Jun-02-15 9:26 am
ORLANDO, Florida - The latest from an "economic summit" hosted by Florida Gov. Rick Scott, where several of the leading Republican candidates, and expected candidates, for president are speaking Tuesday:
- Teen driver to stand trial for crash that killed 3 Updated: Jun-02-15 8:20 am
SHAWANO, Wisconsin - A teen driver has been ordered to stand trial on charges resulting from a crash that killed three young passengers in Shawano County.
- More than 400 laid off food workers expected to be rehired Updated: Jun-02-15 7:52 am
PLOVER, Wisconsin - Golden County Foods has notified the state it plans to terminate more than 400 workers as part of its bankruptcy proceedings, but that there's a good chance those employees will be rehired by a new owner.
- Woman accused of 10th drunken driving offense Updated: Jun-02-15 7:25 am
JANESVILLE, Wisconsin - A Janesville woman is accused of her tenth drunken driving offense after police say she was too intoxicated to perform a field sobriety test.
- Sex offender found guilty of bomb threats, violating status Updated: Jun-02-15 2:20 am
JUNEAU, Wisconsin - A 33-year-old man has been found guilty in Dodge County of making bomb threats and being a child sex offender working with children.
- 1st high-volume spay, neuter clinic opens in Milwaukee area Updated: Jun-02-15 2:19 am
WEST ALLIS, Wisconsin - A new high-volume spay and neuter clinic has opened in suburban Milwaukee, filling a void in southeastern Wisconsin.
- Minnesota man pleads guilty in fatal Wisconsin boat crash Updated: Jun-01-15 5:26 pm
ELLSWORTH, Wisconsin - A Minnesota boater has pleaded guilty to being drunk when he crashed into the rocks on the St. Croix River nearly two years ago, killing a friend.
- Walker backs 20-week abortion ban regardless of exemptions Updated: Jun-01-15 5:11 pm
DELAVAN, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker said Monday he will sign a proposed 20-week abortion ban whether or not it includes an exemption for cases of rape or incest.
- Walker: 'I'm going to keep my campaign promises' Updated: Jun-01-15 4:56 pm
DELAVAN, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker, for the second time in less than a week, said Monday that he won't agree to raise the gas tax or vehicle registration fees to break a legislative impasse over how to pay for highway projects and other transportation needs.
- Restoration ongoing for once-dormant Mississippi steamboat Updated: Jun-01-15 3:32 pm
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - A 44-year-old steamboat that once roamed the Mississippi River is in the midst of a painstaking restoration to save the historic vessel.
- Correction: Diamondbacks-Brewers story Updated: Jun-01-15 3:14 pm
MILWAUKEE - In a story May 30 about the Diamondbacks-Brewers game, The Associated Press erroneously described the batting stance of Arizona first baseman Paul Goldschmidt and batting average when he plays in Milwaukee. He hits right-handed and his average at Miller Park was .489 following Saturday's game, not .511.
- Voting advocates file lawsuit challenging restrictions Updated: Jun-01-15 2:46 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A liberal group and a voting rights organization have filed a federal lawsuit challenging a host of changes Republicans have made to Wisconsin's election laws, alleging the provisions burden black people, Latinos and Democratic-leaning voters.
- Stricker to host Champions Tour stop in Wisconsin Updated: Jun-01-15 2:18 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Steve Stricker is busily preparing for a Champions Tour event in 2016 that he won't even be eligible to play.
- Walker says Paul not helped by Patriot Act position Updated: Jun-01-15 12:15 pm
DELAVAN, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says he does not think Rand Paul's opposition to allowing the National Security Agency to collect Americans' phone records in bulk is not helping the Kentucky senator's presidential run.
- Officials: Son killed parents in Sawyer County, then himself Updated: Jun-01-15 12:13 pm
TOWN OF EDGEWATER, Wisconsin - The adult son of a Sawyer County couple killed them and took his own life outside their burning home, sheriff's officials said Monday.
- Walker calls Bucks arena talks fluid, hopes to have deal Updated: Jun-01-15 12:02 pm
DELAVAN, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker says negotiations over a financing deal for a new Milwaukee Bucks stadium are fluid, but he still hopes to have something to announce by the end of the week.
- Experts hope nesting season successful for whooping cranes Updated: Jun-01-15 11:59 am
NECEDAH, Wisconsin - A longtime effort to reintroduce a critically endangered bird in Wisconsin could be on track for the first record year since its inception in 2001, according to wildlife experts.
- Wisconsin nursing home quality better than national rating Updated: Jun-01-15 8:59 am
MILWAUKEE - A new analysis says Wisconsin nursing homes rate higher overall in quality than the national average.
- Residents unite on bridge where fatal shooting took place Updated: Jun-01-15 7:10 am
MENASHA, Wisconsin - Hundreds of people united on a pedestrian bridge in Menasha in a show of unity for a community recovering from a random fatal shooting.
- Century-old smokestack comes down in northeastern Wisconsin Updated: Jun-01-15 2:28 am
TWO RIVERS, Wisconsin - A smokestack that has towered over a northeastern Wisconsin city for more than 100 years has been demolished.
- Brewers place Khris Davis on DL with right knee injury Updated: May-31-15 10:06 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Brewers have placed Khris Davis on the 15-day disabled list after the left fielder tore the meniscus in his right knee.
- Wisconsin nursing homes rate above average in quality Updated: May-31-15 4:07 pm
MILWAUKEE - Nursing homes in Wisconsin are rated higher than the national average when it comes to quality of care, but roughly one-fourth of the state's nursing homes are still getting the lowest ratings.
- Ticket sold in Milwaukee wins Megabucks $22.5M jackpot Updated: May-31-15 1:46 pm
MILWAUKEE - The holder of a Megabucks ticket sold in Milwaukee is the winner of a record $22.5 million jackpot.
- Father dies, 1-year-old injured in Milwaukee crash Updated: May-31-15 1:34 pm
MILWAUKEE - Police in Milwaukee are looking for a driver who sped through a stop sign and caused a crash that left a 26-year-old father dead and his 1-year-old son with serious injuries.