- No threat found after UW-Madison student union evacuated Updated: Jul-05-15 12:07 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Police have searched parts of the Madison campus of the University of Wisconsin and found no one with a weapon after receiving a call from a man who said he had a firearm in the library.
- Nelson wins 3rd straight start, Brewers beat Reds 7-3 Updated: Jul-04-15 11:50 pm
CINCINNATI - Jimmy Nelson was the beneficiary and victim of Milwaukee's six-run fifth inning on Saturday night.
- Juvenile detained in shooting of 14-year-old in Milwaukee Updated: Jul-04-15 6:11 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say they've taken a juvenile male into custody as a person of interest in the fatal shooting of a 14-year-old boy in a dispute that started with a fight over a girl on Facebook.
- Minnesota teen dies, 2 hurt in rollover on I-94 in Wisconsin Updated: Jul-04-15 5:37 pm
EAU CLAIRE, Wisconsin - A Minnesota teenager has died and two were injured in a rollover accident on Interstate 94 near Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
- GB Packers tight end Quarless charged with firing a gun Updated: Jul-04-15 5:24 pm
MIAMI BEACH, Florida - Green Bay Packers tight end Andrew Quarless was arrested Saturday after police said he allegedly fired two shots into the air during an argument outside a Miami Beach parking garage, authorities said.
- Gov. Walker and Wisconsin GOP retreat on open records limits Updated: Jul-04-15 5:23 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - In a sudden reversal amid a stinging backlash, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and GOP legislative leaders said they agreed Saturday to completely remove a part of the proposed state budget that would severely roll back open records laws.
- Amtrak: 2nd daily St. Paul-to-Chicago train could be popular Updated: Jul-04-15 4:38 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Adding a second round-trip train between St. Paul and Chicago could prove to be popular, a new Amtrak study says.
- Ellsworth man dies in Pierce County tractor accident Updated: Jul-04-15 3:01 pm
ELLSWORTH, Wisconsin - An Ellsworth man has died in a tractor accident in Pierce County of western Wisconsin.
- 3-day Milwaukee County bus drivers' strike ends Updated: Jul-04-15 12:40 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee County bus drivers have returned to work after a three-day strike over staffing and wages, despite a lack of a new contract.
- Fire damages Verso paper mill in Wisconsin Rapids Updated: Jul-03-15 5:52 pm
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wisconsin - A cracked lime kiln has caused a fire that damaged the Verso paper mill in Wisconsin Rapids.
- 1 suspect shot and seriously injured in attempted burglary Updated: Jul-03-15 5:32 pm
MILWAUKEE - Police say one man was shot and seriously injured during an attempted burglary at the Bouchard's shoe store on Milwaukee's north side.
- Walker says he'll change government records exemptions Updated: Jul-03-15 4:42 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A spokeswoman for Gov. Scott Walker says he will work with Republican leaders in both chambers to change budget provisions that would exempt nearly all government records from the state's open records law.
- Assembly to consider 20-week abortion ban in special session Updated: Jul-03-15 4:16 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Assembly has voted to take up bills that would ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy and repeal Wisconsin's prevailing wage for construction workers, as well as state budget votes, in a special legislative session.
- 2 Wisconsin men die after falling into manure pit Updated: Jul-03-15 12:31 pm
BLOOMER, Wisconsin - Two Wisconsin men have died after falling into a manure pit and being overcome by the gases.
- Wisconsin man accused of threatening to kill President Obama Updated: Jul-03-15 3:43 am
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin man is being detained in a mental health facility after authorities say he told a security guard he planned to kill President Barack Obama.
- Wisconsin budget passes committee, heads to full Legislature Updated: Jul-03-15 2:28 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's finance committee finally completed its revisions to Gov. Scott Walker's state budget plan after a five-week delay early Friday morning, clearing the way for votes in the full Senate and Assembly.
- Lind's RBI single in 11th lifts Brewers over Phillies 8-7 Updated: Jul-02-15 11:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Milwaukee Brewers came to Philadelphia with the second-worst record in the majors and left with the longest winning streak.
- AP source: Wizards agree to acquire Bucks' Dudley for pick Updated: Jul-02-15 10:24 pm
- Public school sport participation rules scaled back Updated: Jul-02-15 10:22 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - An expansion of who can play sports and participate in extracurricular activities in public schools in Wisconsin is being scaled back.
- Panel votes to add 7-day work week to budget Updated: Jul-02-15 10:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's budget committee has voted to allow factory and retail employees to work seven straight days without a day of rest.
- Panel wants records test on officer-involved reports Updated: Jul-02-15 10:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's budget committee has voted to apply the open records balancing test to reports documenting officer-involved deaths.
- Loosening of teacher licensure requirements rejected Updated: Jul-02-15 10:16 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Highly criticized teacher licensure changes that would have allowed some people without high school degrees to be licensed to teach in Wisconsin have been removed from the state budget.
- Vasquez embracing fresh start with Bucks Updated: Jul-02-15 7:12 pm
ST. FRANCIS, Wisconsin - Greivis Vasquez always thought he might end up in Milwaukee. It just took a little longer than he anticipated.
- Bucks land free agent big man Greg Monroe Updated: Jul-02-15 6:39 pm
As one of the most coveted big men on the free agent market, Greg Monroe had his choice of destinations.
- Obama draws sharp contrasts with 'mean' Republicans Updated: Jul-02-15 5:39 pm
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - Wading into presidential politics, President Barack Obama on Thursday promoted his brand of middle-class economics by drawing sharp contrasts with "mean" Republicans in a state whose GOP governor was preparing to enter the vast 2016 presidential field.