- Stolen giant pumpkin returned to South Dakota grower Updated: Oct-06-15 8:25 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - A 100-pound pumpkin that was brazenly stolen from the yard of a South Dakota residence has been found and returned, after someone apparently tried but failed to turn it into a giant jack-o'-lantern.
- Nonresidents excluded from Black Hills mountain lion season Updated: Oct-03-15 11:22 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - The South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks Commission has rejected a proposal to allow nonresidents to join this season's Black Hills mountain lion hunt and lowered limits on the number of animals allowed to be killed.
- Humane Society open house to feature reunion Updated: Oct-03-15 2:20 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - The Western Hills Humane Society is showcasing its facilities and animals on Saturday during the organization' second open house.
- South Dakota prairie turkey licenses to drop under proposal Updated: Oct-02-15 10:43 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - South Dakota wildlife officials are proposing 4 percent fewer prairie turkey licenses for the 2016 season.
- Dozens of seized animals adopted out by Spearfish shelter Updated: Oct-02-15 10:18 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - When local police seized 42 dogs and cats destined for a Wisconsin puppy mill on April 25, the Western Hills Humane Society wasn't sure where they'd put all the animals. But, thanks to a little help from their friends, nearly all of the critters have been adopted.
- Plan would allow nonresident lion hunting in South Dakota Updated: Oct-02-15 8:54 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - A proposal to allow nonresidents to hunt mountain lions in South Dakota is drawing opposition.
- Sturgis man killed in crash on Interstate 90 near Spearfish Updated: Oct-01-15 10:43 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - A one-vehicle crash on Interstate 90 near Spearfish has killed a Sturgis man.
- Volunteer fire department in Spearfish votes to dissolve Updated: Sep-30-15 8:28 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - The volunteer fire department in Spearfish is dissolving after 134 years of service to the Black Hills community, citing a lack of support and low morale.
- Spearfish man pleads not guilty in crash that killed sister Updated: Sep-21-15 12:49 pm
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - A Spearfish man has pleaded not guilty to charges in a rollover crash that killed his sister.
- Spearfish police officers now equipped with body cameras Updated: Sep-12-15 12:27 pm
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - Police in Spearfish are now equipped with body cameras but the chief says they're not a response to the nationwide push for the devices.
- Belle Fourche man to be inducted into national rodeo hall Updated: Sep-11-15 9:13 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum is inducting a longtime Belle Fourche competitor and performer into its Rodeo Hall of Fame.