- Researchers say charging stations key to electric cars Updated: Oct-06-15 10:41 am
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - An Idaho National Laboratory study has found that widespread adoption of electric vehicles could reduce the country's gas consumption, but that the availability of charging stations will determine if more people buy.
- Shoshone man shot, drives himself to hospital Updated: Oct-06-15 5:03 am
JEROME, Idaho - Authorities are investigating the shooting of a Shoshone man who drove himself to a hospital after suffering a gunshot wound to the chest.
- Man who helped bury woman's body sentenced to 7 years Updated: Oct-05-15 10:23 pm
CALDWELL, Idaho - A man police say helped bury a woman's body in a cornfield has been sentenced to seven years in prison.
- Idaho governor appoints new 4th District judge Updated: Oct-05-15 6:34 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter has appointed Magistrate Michael Reardon to the judge's bench in 4th District Court.
- Lawmakers continue studying broadband options for Idaho Updated: Oct-05-15 5:44 pm
BOISE, Idaho - School districts in Idaho should continue securing their own Internet rather than relying on a statewide system, an Internet provider told lawmakers Monday.
- 2 dead after sand and gravel truck rolls onto small pickup Updated: Oct-05-15 4:45 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A man and woman died Monday morning in Boise when a tractor-trailer carrying sand and gravel rolled on top of their small pickup.
- Shooting in Bonner County ruled self-defense Updated: Oct-05-15 3:15 pm
EDGEMERE, Idaho - The Bonner County Sheriff's Office has ruled a woman who fatally shot her husband on Tuesday did so in self-defense.
- Recreational vehicle park opens in southwest Idaho Updated: Oct-05-15 2:53 pm
CALDWELL, Idaho - A $3 million recreational vehicle park has opened in southwest Idaho.
- N. Idaho lawmaker navigates Kootenai County politics Updated: Oct-05-15 11:51 am
BOISE, Idaho - Luke Malek is a young lawyer, a North Idaho resident since the second grade with deep ties in the community, and the son of two local physicians. A Republican, he worked for former Sen. Larry Craig and Sen. Mike Crapo, and was recruited by former Gov. Jim Risch to be the state's first governor's representative to North Idaho. He comes from a religious family; his brothers are Matthew, Marc and John.
- Nampa police will step up patrols after home burglaries Updated: Oct-03-15 3:29 pm
NAMPA, Idaho - Nampa police say they are increasing neighborhood patrols after a string of residential burglaries.
- Boy, 9, charged with arson in Idaho shed fire Updated: Oct-03-15 1:44 pm
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - Authorities have charged a 9-year-old boy with arson in connection with a fire that destroyed a shed behind a school near Twin Falls.
- Toxic algae leads to health warning at Lake Lowell Updated: Oct-03-15 1:17 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho officials have issued a health warning about blue-green algae at Canyon County's Lake Lowell.
- She's made books her life: Idaho's Librarian of the Year Updated: Oct-03-15 9:31 am
MOSCOW, Idaho - Lynn Baird worked her first library job as an undergraduate student at University of Pacific, putting labels on the spines of books.
- Eid al-Adha brings Muslims and community leaders together Updated: Oct-03-15 9:30 am
POCATELLO, Idaho - Thousands of years ago, as the Koran has it, a man named Abraham was ready to sacrifice his only son as God - Allah - had commanded.
- Sun Valley teacher charged with sexual abuse Updated: Oct-03-15 9:05 am
SUN VALLEY, Idaho - A former teacher at a Sun Valley private school has been charged with felony sexual abuse of a child under 16.
- California dogs displaced by wildfires fly to Boise Updated: Oct-02-15 11:41 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Humane Society says it has welcomed a number of dogs from California shelters displaced by wildfires.
- Hospital: Nurse switched medication causing child's death Updated: Oct-02-15 6:11 pm
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - Officials in south-central Idaho say the child who died last month at a local hospital was given an adult dose of a saline solution infused with potassium phosphate.
- Idaho man who killed child in 1981 getting off death row Updated: Oct-02-15 5:21 pm
LEWISTON, Idaho - A death row inmate convicted more than 30 years ago in Clearwater County for killing a child will have his sentence reduced.
- Idaho instant racing parlor closes after court ruling Updated: Oct-02-15 2:48 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - An instant horse racing parlor in eastern Idaho says it has been forced to shutter its doors and lay off 70 employees.
- Idaho commerce chief to resign at year's end Updated: Oct-02-15 12:43 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter has announced that Jeff Sayer, director of the Idaho Department of Commerce, will step down at the end of the year.
- Lost grizzly bear killed by hunter Updated: Oct-02-15 11:48 am
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A Montana grizzly bear that made its way to the Coeur d'Alene River Drainage last month has been shot and killed by a hunter.
- Meridian taxi driver stabs passenger, says man attacked him Updated: Oct-02-15 5:09 am
MERIDIAN, Idaho - Meridian police say a taxi driver stabbed a passenger multiple times after the man tried to strangle him.
- Feds recommend against building southeast Idaho dam Updated: Oct-01-15 5:35 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An analysis by federal authorities of a proposed dam in southeast Idaho on the Bear River has resulted in a recommendation against going forward with the project.
- Feds probe report of armed resident confronting firefighters Updated: Oct-01-15 5:13 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Federal authorities are investigating an anonymous report that an armed landowner confronted firefighters battling an Idaho wildfire and accused them of not properly protecting a private elk-hunting ranch.
- Mayor, service group step in as complex forces refugees out Updated: Oct-01-15 2:41 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The owners of an apartment complex housing mostly refugees have yet to answer pleas from Boise's mayor that they give tenants more time to move out before renovations.