- No. 12 Louisville women defeat Pittsburgh 84-61 Updated: Feb-11-16 9:17 pm
PITTSBURGH - Myisha Hines-Allen had a career-high 29 points, Cortnee Walton had a double-double and No. 12 Louisville rolled to an 84-61 win over Pittsburgh on Thursday night.
- Pirates sign pitcher Cory Luebke to minor-league deal Updated: Feb-11-16 6:06 pm
- New partnership for Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Updated: Feb-11-16 5:35 pm
PITTSBURGH - Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC is partnering with a pediatric hospital in Virginia to further expand its pediatric liver transplant program.
- Ex-head of jail's health services liable in doctor's suicide Updated: Feb-11-16 3:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - A federal court jury in Pittsburgh says a former health official at a county jail must pay $200,000 because of a doctor's suicide in custody.
- Union attorney: Chief to fire officer in Heinz Field arrest Updated: Feb-11-16 2:35 pm
PITTSBURGH - The city police chief wants to fire an officer who allegedly roughed up a drunk man he arrested at a high school championship football game in November, the Pittsburgh's police union attorney said.
- OneJet adding Pittsburgh flights to Hartford, more in future Updated: Feb-11-16 12:02 pm
IMPERIAL, Pennsylvania - OneJet has named Pittsburgh a "focus city" and plans to add daily flights to Hartford, Connecticut and four other cities.
- Battered spouse shelter settles suit against county agency Updated: Feb-11-16 11:46 am
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania homeless shelter for battered spouses and their children has settled its lawsuit against the county's Department of Human Services.
- Hearing postponed for father of man who killed police K-9 Updated: Feb-11-16 10:41 am
PITTSBURGH - A preliminary hearing has been postponed for a Pennsylvania man accused of fighting with police before his son fatally stabbed a K-9 and was killed by officers.
- Steelers kicker Shaun Suisham becomes an American citizen Updated: Feb-11-16 9:39 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Steelers placekicker Shaun Suisham (SWEEZ'-ham) has become an American citizen.
- Man charged with assault, threat in Pittsburgh SWAT standoff Updated: Feb-11-16 9:17 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police have identified a domestic violence suspect arrested after a SWAT standoff in the city's Mount Washington neighborhood.
- Guard: Man said he'd kill lawmaker's sister Updated: Feb-11-16 6:51 am
PITTSBURGH - A security guard says he heard a man say he'd killed a Pennsylvania lawmaker's sister moments after she rejected his advances.
- Lundqvist stops 34 shots, Rangers blank Penguins 3-0 Updated: Feb-11-16 12:14 am
PITTSBURGH - The New York Rangers are missing their captain and one of their leading scorers. They still have one of the best goaltenders in the league.
- Trial ordered for man accused of killing man after robbery Updated: Feb-10-16 4:50 pm
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania man has been ordered to stand trial on charges that he shot and killed a man after trying to rob and then wounding another man last fall.
- Pittsburgh man indicted on charges he caused fatal overdose Updated: Feb-10-16 4:23 pm
PITTSBURGH - A man has been indicted on charges he supplied painkiller-laced heroin that killed a Pittsburgh man and nearly killed a second last year.
- 'Great Expansion' of 1967 showed NHL was for real Updated: Feb-10-16 3:02 pm
The NHL's "great expansion" of 1967 delivered hockey to California, led to the "Broad Street Bullies" and legitimized the league as a major force in North American professional sports.
- Correction: National Aviary-Sloth story Updated: Feb-10-16 11:28 am
PITTSBURGH - In a story Feb. 9 about a two-toed sloth, The Associated Press reported erroneously how the animal was acquired. It was purchased from a breeder, not donated.
- Police: Same woman robbed Pittsburgh gas station, pizzeria Updated: Feb-10-16 10:21 am
PITTSBURGH - Police in Pittsburgh and a neighboring suburb have been looking for a woman who robbed a gas station and a pizzeria in rapid succession.
- Allegheny Technologies, Steelworkers to meet about contract Updated: Feb-10-16 9:24 am
MIDLAND, Pennsylvania - Allegheny Technologies Inc. and the United Steelworkers planned contract talks to end a lockout of 2,200 workers.
- Man to trial in chase, crash than changed Pittsburgh policy Updated: Feb-10-16 9:12 am
PITTSBURGH - A Pittsburgh man will stand trial on charges stemming from a high-speed police chase and crash that prompted a change in the city's pursuit policy.
- Winter weather advisory extended for western Pennsylvania Updated: Feb-10-16 8:48 am
PITTSBURGH - The National Weather Service has extended its winter weather advisory for Pittsburgh and southwestern Pennsylvania through Thursday evening.
- Dismissal upheld for inmate denied free vitamins, shampoo Updated: Feb-10-16 6:01 am
PITTSBURGH - A panel of judges has ruled that a western Pennsylvania prison inmate imprisoned for attempted murder cannot sue a nurse who refused to give him free vitamins and dandruff shampoo.
- Rakell scores twice to lead Ducks over Flyers 4-1 Updated: Feb-09-16 11:05 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Rickard Rakell was so upset following his performance on Monday that he couldn't sleep. Rest assured, he got some shut-eye after this one.
- Pittsburgh man gets new trial in pregnant woman's death Updated: Feb-09-16 6:38 pm
BEAVER, Pennsylvania - An appeals court has ordered a new trial for a western Pennsylvania man convicted in the 2012 death of a pregnant woman and her unborn child.
- Funding included for C-17 squadron at 911th Airlift Wing Updated: Feb-09-16 5:23 pm
PITTSBURGH - The budget sent by President Obama to Congress on Tuesday includes $85 million to establish a squadron of C-17 carbon planes at a western Pennsylvania Air Force base.
- Penguins' Malkin to miss rest of week with lower-body injury Updated: Feb-09-16 3:32 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin's lower-body injury will keep him out at least the rest of the week.