- 1 of 3 suspects in Pittsburgh home invasion fatally shot Updated: Oct-13-15 8:34 am
PITTSBURGH - One of three suspects in a Pittsburgh home invasion was fatally shot after a struggle for his weapon, and police were questioning three other people inside the home at the time.
- University of Pittsburgh may rescind Bill Cosby degree Updated: Oct-13-15 7:31 am
PITTSBURGH - A faculty committee that oversees honorary degrees will consider rescinding one the University of Pittsburgh issued to Bill Cosby in 2002.
- Pittsburgh investigating officer's slam takedown of Cubs fan Updated: Oct-13-15 7:16 am
- Penguins try to rebound in home opener Updated: Oct-12-15 6:17 pm
PITTSBURGH - Loaded with high-end offensive talent, the Pittsburgh Penguins are trying to rebound after scoring only goal in two opening road losses.
- High court: Justices 'disturbed' by reports of Eakin emails Updated: Oct-12-15 5:22 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Justices on the Pennsylvania Supreme Court said Monday they were "disturbed" by revelations about the content of alleged email exchanges of explicit photos or offensive jokes between prosecutors and one of their colleagues, Justice Michael Eakin.
- Peters Township teachers threatening to strike by Oct. 28 Updated: Oct-12-15 9:54 am
MCMURRAY, Pennsylvania - Teachers in one suburban Pittsburgh school district are threatening to strike Oct. 28 if they don't have a new contract by then.
- Pittsburgh woman who used oxygen found dead after fire Updated: Oct-12-15 8:26 am
PITTSBURGH - Investigators were still attempting to determine what caused the fire and explosion at a Pittsburgh home as well as what exactly killed the oxygen-using resident who lived there.
- Police probe shooting death in Pittsburgh Updated: Oct-11-15 1:32 pm
PITTSBURGH - Authorities in western Pennsylvania are investigating a shooting death in Pittsburgh.
- Elk-loving tourists drawn to watch 'wapiti' Updated: Oct-11-15 11:34 am
BENZETTE, Pennsylvania - Native Seneca tribes called them "wapiti," referring to their white rumps. German settlers thought they were "elch," or European moose. Modern elk watchers simply call them "spectacular."
- Police: Officer fires at car in zoo parking lot disturbance Updated: Oct-11-15 9:59 am
PITTSBURGH - Authorities in western Pennsylvania say a Pittsburgh police officer fired at a car that refused to stop after striking vehicles in the Pittsburgh Zoo parking lot, but no one was injured.
- Police: Wiz Khalifa cited for public urination in Pittsburgh Updated: Oct-11-15 12:14 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police say rapper Wiz Khalifa has been cited for urinating in public.
- Cause of blaze that killed Pittsburgh woman probed Updated: Oct-10-15 6:24 pm
PITTSBURGH - Fire investigators in western Pennsylvania are trying to find out what started a blaze that claimed the life of a woman in Pittsburgh.
- Late rally comes up short as Virginia falls to Pitt 26-19 Updated: Oct-10-15 6:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Given two weeks to recover from an embarrassingly one-sided home loss to Boise State, Virginia coach Mike London praised his players for spending extra time in the film room in hopes of breaking out of an early season funk in danger of becoming something far worse.
- Pittsburgh holds off Virginia 26-19 Updated: Oct-10-15 5:34 pm
PITTSBURGH - The sense of foreboding was unmistakable. A long completion. A once seemingly safe lead in serious peril.
- Duquesne tops Alderson-Broaddus 53-18 Updated: Oct-10-15 4:14 pm
PITTSBURGH - Dillon Buechel threw five touchdown passes, Rafiq Douglas ran 13 yards for a score and Duquesne beat Division II Alderson-Broaddus 53-18 Saturday in a game that saw back-to-back 100-yard kickoff returns for scores.
- Psychiatric exam ordered for man accused of stalking agent Updated: Oct-10-15 3:09 pm
PITTSBURGH - A federal judge has ordered a psychiatric evaluation for a man accused of stalking and harassing an FBI agent by posting a fake Craigslist sex ad with his phone number and address.
- Trial for men accused in racial assault gets Feb. 16 date Updated: Oct-10-15 2:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - The western Pennsylvania trial of five men accused of beating a black man and pushing him onto subway tracks in Pittsburgh has been scheduled for Feb. 16.
- Steelers LB Ryan Shazier out against Chargers Updated: Oct-10-15 1:43 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier's injured right shoulder will force him to miss a third straight game.
- Flush with cash, Dems first on TV in Supreme Court campaign Updated: Oct-10-15 9:36 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Campaign ads in the multimillion-dollar race for three open seats on the Pennsylvania Supreme Court won't get any more polite than these.
- Macy's agrees to donate items from former Pittsburgh home Updated: Oct-09-15 5:16 pm
PITTSBURGH - Macy's has agreed to donate dozens of artifacts from the iconic 13-story building that housed its shuttered downtown Pittsburgh department store to several history groups.
- Ex-cop accused of hitting man pleads guilty to lesser charge Updated: Oct-09-15 5:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - A former Pennsylvania officer has agreed to never again work as a policeman in return for his guilty plea to a reduced, misdemeanor charge that he violated the civil rights of a man he threw to the ground and slugged.
- CDC: Transplant patients who died likely breathed in mold Updated: Oct-09-15 12:14 pm
- Pittsburgh zoo receives largest-ever $9M gift from charity Updated: Oct-09-15 9:36 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium has received a $9 million grant, the largest gift in the zoo's history, from the Richard King Mellon Foundation
- School's Ten Commandments monument moved to nearby church Updated: Oct-09-15 8:58 am
PITTSBURGH - A Pennsylvania school district's Ten Commandments monument that an atheists' group sued to have removed is now on a neighboring church's property, next to a driveway leading to the district's high school.
- Steelers' pass rush revived under Keith Butler Updated: Oct-08-15 6:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - Mike Tomlin isn't one to mince words.