- Morton struggles as Rockies beat Pirates 5-0 Updated: Aug-30-15 6:18 pm
PITTSBURGH - Charlie Morton cruised through three no-hit innings Sunday. But, as often happens to the Pittsburgh Pirates right-hander, his outing unraveled in the fourth.
- De La Rosa dominates as Rockies beat Pirates 5-0 Updated: Aug-30-15 6:08 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jorge De La Rosa was happy with the game's outcome but a little embarrassed by how his day ended.
- Rusin bounces back but Rockies fall to Pirates 4-3 Updated: Aug-29-15 11:41 pm
PITTSBURGH - Chris Rusin didn't even look at the tape. The struggling Colorado Rockies left-hander didn't need video evidence to remind him of the worst start of his career.
- Pitt back James Conner looking to become finished product Updated: Aug-29-15 4:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - The quote is saved on James Conner's phone, a permanent reminder of the stakes. He sees it whenever he logs in, meaning the running back's eyes glaze over it dozens of times a day. Its presence is comforting in a way, a mental security blanket just in case the Pittsburgh star begins to get ahead of himself.
- Man who fled halfway house convicted of 3rd-degree murder Updated: Aug-29-15 11:11 am
PITTSBURGH - A man who escaped from a halfway house while serving a drunken driving sentence has been convicted of third-degree murder in a stabbing death outside a bar last summer.
- Trial date set for teacher charged with witness intimidation Updated: Aug-29-15 9:44 am
PITTSBURGH - Trial is scheduled Oct. 22 for a western Pennsylvania teacher accused of having intimidated a student who alleged that another teacher had sex with her.
- 2 waive hearings, to court in Pittsburgh barbershop slaying Updated: Aug-28-15 3:46 pm
PITTSBURGH - Two men will stand trial in the robbery-slaying of a man who allegedly sold synthetic marijuana out of his Pittsburgh barbershop.
- School stab suspect to be adult by time of juvenile hearing Updated: Aug-28-15 3:19 pm
PITTSBURGH - A teen charged with stabbing 20 fellow students and a security guard at a Pennsylvania high school will be an adult by the time a hearing concludes to determine whether he should be tried in juvenile court.
- Man says gun was in his underwear when it fired, killing pal Updated: Aug-28-15 1:37 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police say a man told them he was adjusting a gun he kept in his underwear when it fired, killing one of his friends.
- Housing authority wants paintball business off its land Updated: Aug-28-15 1:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh's housing authority wants a paintball business off its 200-acre land.
- Police question 4 teens who ditched car after shooting Updated: Aug-28-15 9:07 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police have questioned four teens they say ran from a car that was ditched in the Monongahela River after a 16-year-old boy was shot in the arm.
- Steelers rookies trying to find niche in new spots Updated: Aug-27-15 8:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - The No. 16 jersey and what it ultimately signifies for Tyler Murphy fits just fine and all. It's just not the one he would prefer to wear.
- Pittsburgh woman cited, fined after watching police arrest Updated: Aug-27-15 3:50 pm
PITTSBURGH - A Pittsburgh woman is facing a $300 fine for not leaving the scene of a crime when told to do so.
- Prosecutor appeals reversal in GM ignition-related fatality Updated: Aug-27-15 3:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - A prosecutor is appealing a judge's decision to reverse the involuntary manslaughter conviction of a woman because a faulty General Motors ignition switch.
- CD shop owner accused in $2M scheme with shoplifting addicts Updated: Aug-27-15 3:06 pm
PITTSBURGH - A record store owner is charged with using heroin addicts to shoplift more than $2 million worth of books, videos, and other products that he then resold online.
- Cops: Man with bucket of cash and gun threatens car dealer Updated: Aug-27-15 2:53 pm
PITTSBURGH - A man who appeared to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol walked into a car dealership with a bucket containing $39,000 then threatened to blow up the place and pulled a gun while claiming a worker shorted him some cash, police said.
- Humbled Vick at peace in reserve role with Steelers Updated: Aug-26-15 6:36 pm
PITTSBURGH - The crowd around the backup quarterback's locker was three or four deep. Somewhere in the middle, underneath the bright lights that never seem to go away, Michael Vick spent 13 minutes answering the same questions that never seem to go away.
- Judge reverses manslaughter conviction due to GM ignition Updated: Aug-26-15 6:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - A Pennsylvania judge reversed the involuntary manslaughter conviction of a woman Wednesday after determining a faulty General Motors ignition switch contributed to her crashing into a school bus and utility pole, killing her teenage passenger.
- Feds take case of 'dark' humor preschool threat on Facebook Updated: Aug-26-15 3:19 pm
PITTSBURGH - A 19-year-old Pennsylvania man faces federal charges over a Facebook post threatening to kill preschool children even after telling investigators he merely has a dark sense of humor and didn't plan to carry out the threat.
- Police: Man shot on I-376 involved in $17,000 heroin dispute Updated: Aug-26-15 12:50 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pennsylvania State Police say a man fatally shot in a car driving on Interstate 376 in Pittsburgh was arguing with the accused gunman over $17,000 worth of heroin money.
- Pittsburgh police probe girl, 16, shot in basement of home Updated: Aug-26-15 8:49 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police have been trying to determine how and why a 16-year-old girl was shot in the basement of a home.
- Steelers confident offensive line can hum without Pouncey Updated: Aug-25-15 7:38 pm
PITTSBURGH - Doug Legursky wants to get something straight. The Pittsburgh Steelers didn't lure the veteran offensive lineman off the couch and back into the locker room to do his best Maurkice Pouncey impersonation while the four-time Pro Bowl center recovers from a broken left ankle.
- Man appeals excessive force verdict, claims cops biased Updated: Aug-25-15 7:29 pm
PITTSBURGH - A young black man is appealing a federal verdict that said that three white Pittsburgh police officers wrongly arrested him in 2010 but did not use excessive force, and also wants authorities to reopen their investigation, citing alleged racial bias by police.
- Penguins to start camp with Kessel next to Crosby Updated: Aug-25-15 4:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Penguins aren't wasting any time with Phil Kessel.
- Indian corporation gives $35 million to Carnegie Mellon Updated: Aug-25-15 4:01 pm
PITTSBURGH - A global information technology services firm is giving Carnegie Mellon University $35 million to fund a new research and education facility.