- Pirates can't hit Arrieta, fall to Cubs 7-1 Updated: May-03-16 11:20 pm
PITTSBURGH - Clint Hurdle gave Matt Joyce the start in right field against the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night, pointing to the outfielder's impressive numbers against Chicago ace Jake Arrieta earlier in Joyce's career.
- Arrieta improves to 6-0 as Cubs top Pirates 7-1 Updated: May-03-16 9:52 pm
- Rookie goaltender Murray stealing the show for Penguins Updated: May-03-16 6:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - Matt Murray isn't in the mood to think about what it all means, this ride that he's on. The NHL's best team on the other side of the ice. His mentor watching from bench. An arena chanting his name.
- Wolf, Pittsburgh-area officials want $11.4M fine on Uber cut Updated: May-03-16 5:03 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf and Pittsburgh-area officials want Pennsylvania regulators to greatly reduce their record-setting $11.4 million fine against ride-sharing company Uber.
- Woman found in Pittsburgh river drowned, but why unanswered Updated: May-03-16 11:11 am
PITTSBURGH - A woman whose body was pulled from a Pittsburgh river over the weekend drowned, but how and why that happened remains unclear.
- Giant Eagle recalls pecan, walnut cookies over milk labeling Updated: May-03-16 10:46 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh-based Giant Eagle supermarket chain is recalling Walnut Delight and Pecan Tassie cookies because labels wrongly omitted milk as an ingredient.
- Pennsylvania highway damaged by gas blast still being fixed Updated: May-03-16 9:59 am
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - A rural highway damaged when a natural gas pipeline exploded into a fireball in western Pennsylvania will remain closed for repairs for at least a few more days.
- Broken water main creates 'geyser,' closes Pittsburgh road Updated: May-03-16 9:45 am
PITTSBURGH - A water main break has caused a geyser-like rush of water from a manhole, closing a busy Pittsburgh street indefinitely.
- Penguins top Capitals 3-2 to take 2-1 series lead Updated: May-03-16 12:27 am
PITTSBURGH - Outhit, outshot and largely outplayed, Pittsburgh grabbed control of its Eastern Conference semifinal against Washington anyway.
- Harrison plans to play in 2016, Steelers re-sign Gradkowski Updated: May-02-16 8:28 pm
PITTSBURGH - Looks like there's still a little fuel left James Harrison's tank after all.
- Trial opens in sisters' slaying; defense calls cops 'sloppy' Updated: May-02-16 3:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - DNA and video surveillance evidence strongly suggest a Pittsburgh man killed his neighbors, who were both sisters of an Iowa state lawmaker, a prosecutor said Monday as the double-murder trial began.
- Give peace a chance? Say it, don't spray it, tagger told Updated: May-02-16 3:37 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police are fine with giving peace a chance, as long as you say it and don't spray it.
- News conference to make UPMC Jameson affiliation official Updated: May-02-16 2:44 pm
NEW CASTLE, Pennsylvania - Officials with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Jameson Health System have formally announced their merger.
- Capitals defenseman Orpik thinks 3-game suspension is fair Updated: May-02-16 2:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - Brooks Orpik was trying to be physical. Yet the instant the Washington Capitals defenseman made contact with Pittsburgh defenseman Olli Maatta's head early in Game 2 on Saturday night, Orpik knew he had crossed a sometimes vague line between aggressive and illegal.
- Man, woman shot several times, killed, in Pittsburgh Updated: May-02-16 8:24 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police say a woman was fatally shot in a parked car while a man was found dead inside an abandoned home nearby.
- Pittsburgh schools to hold workshop on transgender plan Updated: May-02-16 6:23 am
PITTSBURGH - Officials and the public will start talking about a proposed transgender nondiscrimination policy for Pittsburgh's public schools.
- Schebler, Reds end 6-game skid, beat Pirates in 11th Updated: May-01-16 7:24 pm
PITTSBURGH - Scott Schebler's first turn at deciding the game didn't stick. So he did it again.
- Police: Woman killed in crash in car reported stolen Updated: May-01-16 4:10 pm
PITTSBURGH - Authorities in western Pennsylvania have released the name of a woman killed in a crash near Pittsburgh in a vehicle she had reportedly stolen earlier.
- Down a man after Orpik hit, Pens top Caps 2-1; series 1-all Updated: May-01-16 12:36 am
WASHINGTON - Already down a game in their second-round playoff series, Kris Letang and the Pittsburgh Penguins suddenly were down a man, too, on Saturday night, when Olli Maatta was leveled by a high hit from Washington's Brooks Orpik less than 5 minutes in.
- Steelers focus on retooling defense in NFL draft Updated: Apr-30-16 8:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - The high-powered offense is in place. The Pittsburgh Steelers know this. The defense coming off its worst statistical season in nearly a quarter century, not so much.
- Pirates activate reliever Hughes from DL, option Scahill Updated: Apr-30-16 3:38 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates have activated right-handed reliever Jared Hughes from the 15-day disabled list.
- University cafe closed for cleaning after reports of illness Updated: Apr-30-16 12:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - A cafe on the campus of Carnegie Mellon University in western Pennsylvania has been closed for cleaning after more than 40 people reported becoming ill after eating there last week.
- Huge fireball in gas explosion burns homes, fleeing man Updated: Apr-29-16 7:29 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - A natural gas pipeline exploded in a towering, roaring fireball Friday, destroying a home several hundred yards away, damaging at least three others and creating waves of intense heat that burned a fleeing homeowner as he ran down a road, authorities said.
- Pirates sign coaches through 2017 season Updated: Apr-29-16 6:28 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates have given their coaches new contracts through the 2017 season.
- The Latest: Firm says pipeline in fire was fine in 2012 Updated: Apr-29-16 4:47 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on a natural gas fire and explosion in western Pennsylvania (all times local):