- Iowa teacher takes plea deal in sex-with-student case Updated: Jun-03-15 8:12 am
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - A 46-year-old western Iowa teacher accused of sexually abusing a student has taken a plea deal.
- Cedar Rapids man pleads not guilty to sex abuse in Rockford Updated: Jun-03-15 6:52 am
CHARLES CITY, Iowa - A Cedar Rapids man accused of sexually abusing a 4-year-old girl in Rockford, Iowa, has pleaded not guilty.
- Iowans being warned of higher electric bills this summer Updated: Jun-03-15 6:37 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Many Iowans can expect higher electric bills soon, thanks to higher summer temperatures and higher rates being charged by MidAmerican Energy.
- Lawmakers in Iowa Capitol as they work to adjourn for year Updated: Jun-02-15 9:53 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa lawmakers returned to the state Capitol Tuesday with final action on the budget still pending.
- Lawmakers approve judicial branch budget at current level Updated: Jun-02-15 9:42 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa lawmakers have approved a budget for the state's judicial branch that maintains the current funding level.
- Husband of pregnant woman killed in crash sues for millions Updated: Jun-02-15 8:16 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The husband and the son of a pregnant woman who died in a rollover crash seek up to $18 million in a wrongful death lawsuit filed against three businesses, including the maker of a tire that blew during an Oregon family's trip through eastern Iowa two years ago.
- Authorities treating Iowa woman's death as a homicide Updated: Jun-02-15 6:59 pm
VERMILLION, South Dakota - The death of a 29-year-old Iowa woman whose body was found in the Missouri River in southeastern South Dakota is being investigated as a homicide.
- So long, Mayor: Hoiberg leaves Iowa State stocked for future Updated: Jun-02-15 5:40 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa State's beloved "Mayor" is gone, lured to the riches and excitement of the NBA.
- Iowa's biggest health insurer seeks some double-digit rises Updated: Jun-02-15 4:52 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa's largest private health insurer is proposing double-digit increases in premium rates for some of its individual plans next year, citing higher medical and prescription drug costs and greater use of services.
- Facebook to build third data center in central Iowa Updated: Jun-02-15 1:58 pm
ALTOONA, Iowa - Facebook is building another data center in central Iowa.
- Waterloo officials give initial OK to proposed parking rules Updated: Jun-02-15 11:29 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - The Waterloo City Council has given initial approval to rules limiting parking in front yards despite objections that residents didn't have a chance to weigh in on the issue.
- Authorities urge Iowans to keep alert notices switched on Updated: Jun-02-15 11:05 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Iowa authorities acknowledge Amber Alerts can be jarring, especially when they sound on smartphones before 4 a.m., but they're urging people not to switch off the notices.
- Iowa urges court to reject added job protection for officers Updated: Jun-02-15 9:59 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - State officials are asking the Iowa Supreme Court to reject a new job protection designed to prohibit state police officers from facing politically-motivated firings for doing their jobs.
- Deer freed, goal achieved by officers in northeast Iowa Updated: Jun-02-15 9:11 am
DECORAH, Iowa - Three police officers in northeast Iowa have saved a deer that became tangled up in a soccer net.
- Man survives jump off Nebraska-Iowa highway bridge Updated: Jun-02-15 8:45 am
SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Nebraska - Authorities say a 53-year-old man has survived after jumping off a Missouri River bridge in northeast Nebraska.
- Woman accused of stealing from day care in northern Iowa Updated: Jun-02-15 7:01 am
FOREST CITY, Iowa - A 41-year-old woman has been charged with theft from a northern Iowa preschool and day care where she'd worked as its director.
- 1 of 2 Iowa jail inmates who escaped arrested Updated: Jun-02-15 6:17 am
INDIANOLA, Iowa - One of two escapees from Warren County Jail in south-central Iowa has been arrested.
- AP Source: Bulls plan to introduce Hoiberg as coach Updated: Jun-01-15 11:41 pm
CHICAGO - The Mayor is moving to Chicago.
- Des Moines police say child dies when pickup veers into yard Updated: Jun-01-15 10:52 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Des Moines police say a man will be charged with vehicular homicide after a pickup truck he was driving plowed through two fences and killed a 6-year-old boy playing on a backyard trampoline.
- Flu found at turkey operations in Hamilton, Calhoun counties Updated: Jun-01-15 6:53 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Two more cases are bird flu have been found at Iowa turkey farms.
- Wet weather keeps farmers out of fields Updated: Jun-01-15 6:45 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Wet weather kept farmers out of fields last week, but most of the corn crop is planted and doing well.
- Missouri River not a barrier in cooperation between cities Updated: Jun-01-15 5:16 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha, Nebraska, and Council Bluffs, Iowa, are separated by the Missouri River, but officials say a recent food festival suggests that the water isn't a barrier to collaboration between them for events.
- Cyclists ride in support of proposed Waterloo brewery Updated: Jun-01-15 4:53 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - Supporters are putting a little sweat behind their effort to draw attention to the proposed transformation of a former Wonder Bread bakery in Waterloo into a production brewery.
- Police follow junk food trail, charge man with burglary Updated: Jun-01-15 4:47 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa City police say they charged a man with burglary after following a trail of junk food away from a convenience store.
- Bless the Bikers ceremony sees higher turnout from last year Updated: Jun-01-15 4:23 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - A Dubuque church saw a large turnout for its Bless the Bikers ceremony in which a pastor prays for riders.