- National Park Service buries report on effigy mounds scandal Updated: Aug-03-15 11:25 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The National Park Service has shelved a blistering internal report that details a "decade of dysfunction" as the agency allowed dozens of illegal construction projects to cause significant damage to an ancient burial ground in Iowa that tribes consider sacred.
- Iowa man maintains same lifestyle after winning $1M in 2010 Updated: Aug-03-15 10:37 am
MAPLETON, Iowa - It has been about five years since a man won $1 million in the Iowa Lottery Mega Millions game, and he mostly has kept the same lifestyle.
- Former railroad shop workers gather for reunion in Iowa Updated: Aug-03-15 10:19 am
BURLINGTON, Iowa - Former employees of the BNSF railroad shops in Burlington have gathered for a reunion, sharing memories from their time working together before the shops' closure around a dozen years ago.
- Regents to consider Iowa State cremation garden idea Updated: Aug-03-15 10:16 am
AMES, Iowa - University regents are scheduled to consider a proposal that could lead to adding a cremation garden at Iowa State University's small cemetery in Ames.
- Recent editorials published in Nebraska newspapers Updated: Aug-03-15 10:04 am
Omaha World-Herald. July 28, 2015
- Tornado rips through fields in southern Iowa Updated: Aug-03-15 6:49 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A tornado has ripped through farm fields in southern Iowa as thunderstorms elsewhere in the state dropped heavy rain and loosed hail that approaching the size of baseballs.
- Police investigating fatal shooting in Davenport Updated: Aug-03-15 6:34 am
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Police are investigating after one person was fatally shot in Davenport.
- Trial set for lawsuit involving Iowa biodiesel explosion Updated: Aug-02-15 6:16 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - A trial date has been set for a lawsuit against a Nebraska company stemming from an explosion at a northern Iowa biodiesel plant.
- Iowa trail users to take stand against Waterloo attack Updated: Aug-02-15 6:02 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - Eastern Iowa runners and bicyclists are hosting an awareness event in the wake of a sexual assault on a Waterloo recreational trail last week.
- Indiana, private carrier ink deal for passenger rail Updated: Aug-02-15 4:49 pm
- Arkansas motorcyclist killed in interstate crash in Iowa Updated: Aug-02-15 4:06 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - A 68-year-old Arkansas man has died in a motorcycle crash on Interstate 29 in western Iowa.
- 3 sheriff's deputies injured during arrest in Des Moines Updated: Aug-02-15 3:49 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Authorities say three Polk County sheriff's deputies were injured while trying to arrest a Mississippi man in Des Moines.
- Experts question pregnancy ban in Iowa shaken baby case Updated: Aug-02-15 2:43 pm
CHARLES CITY, Iowa - Women's rights and civil rights groups say an Iowa judge's decision to prohibit a woman convicted of child endangerment from becoming pregnant on probation is unconstitutional.
- Iowa summit addresses concerns of aging LGBT population Updated: Aug-02-15 1:25 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - An Iowa group that advocates for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights is turning its attention to a lesser-noticed segment of that population: the aging and elderly.
- After rough budget, is Iowa Capitol getting more combative? Updated: Aug-02-15 10:20 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa elected officials pride themselves on working in a politically divided government that still gets things done. But after a combative budget process, capped with several vetoes by Gov. Terry Branstad, some are questioning how well the system is working these days.
- Ryan Blaney wins NASCAR Xfinity race at Iowa Speedway Updated: Aug-01-15 11:35 pm
NEWTON, Iowa - Ryan Blaney finally had the car he needed to claim the win that had evaded him all year.
- Burlington police still looking for killer in 1969 slaying Updated: Aug-01-15 7:53 pm
BURLINGTON, Iowa - Police in a southeastern Iowa city have not given up on solving the rape and killing of a real estate agent whose bound body was found nearly 46 years ago in a vacant house she was showing.
- Man who walked away from Iowa work release facility sought Updated: Aug-01-15 7:04 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - Police are looking for a Black Hawk County man who failed to return to a work release facility.
- Ex-pizza store manager charged with stealing thousands Updated: Aug-01-15 6:58 pm
CORALVILLE, Iowa - A Coralville man has been arrested and charged with stealing tens of thousands of dollars from a pizza restaurant he managed.
- Dixon wins pole, eyes another IndyCar victory at Mid-Ohio Updated: Aug-01-15 6:24 pm
LEXINGTON, Ohio - Needing a strong final push to challenge for the IndyCar championship, Scott Dixon can't ask for a much better opportunity than this.
- Sioux City Hard Rock casino revenue behind projections Updated: Aug-01-15 6:02 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City's revenue in its first 11 months has fallen short of projections, but still outpaced its predecessor's all-time annual high of $61 million.
- Daniel Suarez wins pole for Xfinity race in Iowa Updated: Aug-01-15 5:53 pm
NEWTON, Iowa - Daniel Suarez won the pole Saturday for the NASCAR Xfinity Series race at the Iowa Speedway.
- North Iowa schools suffer from special ed teacher shortage Updated: Aug-01-15 3:52 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - A shortage of special education teachers has left public school districts in northern Iowa struggling to fill those teaching positions, school officials say.
- Davenport police ID man killed in wood chipper accident Updated: Aug-01-15 2:11 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Davenport police have identified the man killed in a wood chipper accident earlier this week.
- Auburn woman competes in Ms. Wheelchair America pageant Updated: Aug-01-15 2:01 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn native Alexandra Yount is representing the state of Alabama among competitors from across the country and seeks to take her title to a national level.