- Grassley seeks update into Iowa man's Missouri drowning Updated: Sep-02-15 6:11 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley says he wants an update on the investigation into a 2014 drowning of a handcuffed Iowa man who fell from a patrol boat in the Lake of the Ozarks.
- Company offering customer services to add 150 jobs in Iowa Updated: Sep-02-15 4:58 pm
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa - A California-based company that provides customer-related services for businesses is adding 150 jobs to its office in West Des Moines.
- Dubuque treats trees infested by emerald ash borers Updated: Sep-02-15 4:52 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - A pesky insect that slowly kills ash trees has been found in Dubuque and is expected to spread quickly through the city's extensive ash tree population.
- Business candidate shakes up U. Iowa presidential search Updated: Sep-02-15 3:35 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The University of Iowa's governing board is considering a corporate executive with little higher education experience as the next school president, a choice that would outrage professors but please the state's Republican and business leadership.
- Library supporters seek tax levy for operations cost Updated: Sep-02-15 12:58 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Supporters of a Cedar Rapids library are seeking a 27-cent tax levy to help with its operating costs.
- Davenport police probing fatal shooting of Illinois man Updated: Sep-02-15 12:47 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Authorities say a 19-year-old man has been fatally shot in Davenport.
- Eastern Iowa pipe plant cutting production, workforce Updated: Sep-02-15 11:47 am
CAMANCHE, Iowa - Officials for a Houston-based company say it will cease production and cut jobs this month at an eastern Iowa plant.
- Longtime coach Kirk Ferentz overhauls Hawkeyes Updated: Sep-02-15 11:36 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Instead of the new coach many Iowa fans were hoping for, the Hawkeyes has apparently gotten a new Kirk Ferentz.
- Resident, 88, dies after pickup rams into Iowa nursing home Updated: Sep-02-15 10:00 am
HULL, Iowa - Authorities say an 88-year-old resident has died after a pickup crashed through a wall into a nursing home in northwest Iowa.
- Grand opening: College football starts, playoff talk begins Updated: Sep-02-15 9:47 am
No sports season starts better than college football.
- Iowan arrested after standoff pleads not guilty to abduction Updated: Sep-02-15 8:41 am
NEW HAMPTON, Iowa - A northeast Iowa man arrested after an armed standoff with officers has pleaded not guilty to a kidnapping charge.
- Boy, 10, dies in Denison all-terrain vehicle incident Updated: Sep-02-15 7:25 am
DENISON, Iowa - A 10-year-old boy has died after an all-terrain vehicle rolled on top of him in rural Denison.
- Man charged in woman's slaying, Dubuque authorities say Updated: Sep-02-15 7:11 am
DUBUQUE, Iowa - A 19-year-old man has been accused of killing a woman in downtown Dubuque.
- John Deere to lay off 30 employees at Davenport plant Updated: Sep-01-15 7:40 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - John Deere says it will lay off 30 employees at its plant in Davenport.
- Baez among 4 players added to roster by Cubs Updated: Sep-01-15 7:23 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs have added infield prospect Javier Baez and three others from Triple-A Iowa before Tuesday night's game against the Cincinnati Reds.
- Officials confirm emerald ash borer in Dubuque County Updated: Sep-01-15 6:28 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - The trace of a pesky insect that slowly kills ash trees has been reported in Dubuque County in eastern Iowa.
- Iowa enters 2015 with questions at WR Updated: Sep-01-15 6:06 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa wide receiver Tevaun Smith drew attention this offseason by catching 41 passes in 60 seconds with just one hand, a feat captured for a video that's been viewed over 200,000 times on YouTube.
- Gazette Company sells KCRG-TV9 to Atlanta company for $100M Updated: Sep-01-15 5:21 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Officials of the Gazette Company in Cedar Rapids say they have agreed to sell television station KCRG to an Atlanta, Georgia company for $100 million.
- Dubuque County, state in dispute over expert witness fees Updated: Sep-01-15 4:32 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Dubuque County and the state are at odds over who should pay expert witness fees for a trial that didn't happen.
- Men accused of threatening Pokemon championships denied bail Updated: Sep-01-15 2:43 pm
BOSTON - Two Iowa men accused of making online threats of violence against a Pokemon competition in Boston were ordered held without bail Tuesday after a judge rejected arguments by their lawyers that their comments amounted to idle online bravado.
- Budget for new U. Iowa children's hospital balloons to $360M Updated: Sep-01-15 1:20 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The estimated cost of the new University of Iowa children's hospital has ballooned to $360 million as a result of design changes and construction delays.
- Cedar Rapids to improve access under ADA settlement with US Updated: Sep-01-15 12:27 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa's second largest city will be required to install thousands of new curb ramps and make changes to parks, buildings and parking lots under an Americans with Disabilities Act settlement announced Tuesday.
- City streets to shine brighter at night thanks to LED bulbs Updated: Sep-01-15 12:12 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Traveling during nighttime hours likely will be easier for motorists in Sioux City as the city looks to change more streetlights to LED bulbs, which shine brighter and are more cost effective.
- Sex offender school board candidate says charge is political Updated: Sep-01-15 8:38 am
CHARLES CITY, Iowa - A convicted sex offender who's running for a Charles City school board seat says the new sex abuse charge against him is politically motivated.
- Man charged in stabbing of man at Jasper County vineyard Updated: Sep-01-15 7:46 am
NEWTON, Iowa - A Belmond man has been charged in the stabbing of another man at a Newton vineyard.