- Nebraska college deflates damaged athletic complex dome Updated: Feb-06-16 1:33 pm
SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Nebraska - Briar Cliff University has deflated its athletic complex dome after finding a tear in the fabric caused by heavy snowfall and high winds.
- Westerfield man pleads guilty to sexually abusing girl Updated: Feb-06-16 1:23 pm
LE MARS, Iowa - A Westfield man has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a young girl.
- Water in southwestern Iowa town of Elliott declared safe Updated: Feb-06-16 1:19 pm
ELLIOTT, Iowa - Officials have declared the water in the southwest Iowa town of Elliott safe to drink.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Feb-06-16 1:17 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- Man returned to Iowa after 16 years on lam sent to prison Updated: Feb-06-16 12:59 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A man who fled the country 16 years ago to avoid prosecution for sexually abusing two girls has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Iowa man accused of tossing tomatoes at Trump to stand trial Updated: Feb-06-16 12:54 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An Iowa City man accused of throwing two tomatoes at GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump will stand trial in the case.
- Police seek suspect in Des Moines stabbing, robbery Updated: Feb-06-16 12:45 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Des Moines police are still searching for a suspect in the stabbing of a man during a robbery.
- NYC council speaker campaigns for Clinton in New Hampshire Updated: Feb-06-16 11:54 am
NEW YORK - New York City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito is traveling to New Hampshire to campaign for Hillary Clinton.
- Ballet program encourages Davenport children to read Updated: Feb-06-16 10:51 am
DAVENPORT, Iowa - About 1,400 first-graders in the Davenport Community School District received ballet lessons last week, thanks to a pilot program developed by Ballet Quad-Cities to encourage reading.
- Drinking long intertwined in Dubuque's culture Updated: Feb-06-16 10:49 am
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Wherever Sue Greene looks, she sees alcohol ingrained into the fabric of Dubuque's culture and history.
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules Updated: Feb-06-16 9:03 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa State star Jameel McKay has been suspended indefinitely for violating team rules.
- States taking action to keep guns out of abusers' hands Updated: Feb-06-16 8:12 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - More than a dozen states have strengthened laws over the past two years to keep firearms out of the hands of domestic abusers, a rare area of consensus in the nation's highly polarized debate over guns.
- Iowa couple have baby on their shared birthday Updated: Feb-06-16 5:05 am
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa - An Iowa couple who have the same birthday just had their first baby - on their shared birthday.
- Association honors work by Iowa newspapers Updated: Feb-05-16 10:01 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Des Moines Register was named Friday as the Iowa Newspaper Association 2016 "Newspaper of the Year."
- Man and teen plead guilty in fatal Iowa drag race Updated: Feb-05-16 6:43 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - A man and a teenager have pleaded guilty to charges in connection to a drag racing crash that killed an elderly couple.
- Iowa APME contest winners Updated: Feb-05-16 6:17 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa APME Newswriting and Photo Contest Winners:
- Former Gov. Culver convenes Medicaid privatization meetings Updated: Feb-05-16 6:02 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Former Iowa Gov. Chet Culver, often rumored a possible Congressional candidate, has scheduled town meetings next week to talk to Iowans affected by the state's plan to hire three private companies to run the Medicaid program.
- Businessman seeks leniency in halal beef export fraud case Updated: Feb-05-16 5:36 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Supporters of a prominent businessman and Muslim community leader packed a federal courtroom Friday to ask a judge to spare him prison time for committing fraud in exporting halal beef products to Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Dubuque library requests funds for dog to sniff out bedbugs Updated: Feb-05-16 5:20 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Dubuque officials have asked for increased funding to continue bringing a dog to sniff out bedbugs at a public library.
- Board supports public safety monument in Council Bluffs Updated: Feb-05-16 5:08 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - The Pottawattamie County Board of Supervisors has voted unanimously to support a proposed monument honoring those who serve in public safety.
- Driver killed after car strikes pillar, catches fire Updated: Feb-05-16 1:37 pm
OSKALOOSA, Iowa - A vehicle struck a bridge pillar in southeast Iowa and caught fire, killing the driver.
- Iowa bill aimed at Stanford band strikes wrong chord Updated: Feb-05-16 12:34 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A bill that sought to punish Stanford University for its band's Rose Bowl halftime show mocking Iowa has been all but buried in the Iowa Senate.
- Clarinda struggles to fill 128-year-old former hospital Updated: Feb-05-16 10:37 am
CLARINDA, Iowa - The 128-year-old former mental health institute in the small southwest Iowa city of Clarinda isn't your typical real estate opportunity, and so far no one is rushing to move in.
- Des Moines teacher accused of exposing himself at mall Updated: Feb-05-16 8:57 am
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa - Authorities say a high school teacher was arrested and charged with public exposure after an incident at a West Des Moines mall.
- Sentencing hearing postponed in fatal Davenport stabbing Updated: Feb-05-16 7:58 am
DAVENPORT, Iowa - The sentencing hearing for a man convicted of fatally stabbing a Davenport woman and injuring her husband has been postponed.