- Beers, bikes popular along 25-mile trail in Iowa Updated: May-28-16 10:42 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Spend a weekend under the blue arches of the High Trestle Trail bridge and you'll find riders from across Iowa enjoying the picturesque views from 13 stories above the Des Moines River valley.
- Iowa photographers reflect on changes in senior portraits Updated: May-28-16 10:40 am
FORT DODGE, Iowa - As the annual round of graduations get underway, one of the common items seen on display at the family celebrations afterward is a mounted collection of the graduate's senior portraits.
- Police: Iowa hotel water pipe shot; man charged Updated: May-28-16 2:30 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A man has been charged after Sioux City police say he shot a water pipe in a hotel room, flooding two floors.
- UI police respond to apartment explosion that leaves 1 dead Updated: May-27-16 9:13 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A University of Iowa spokeswoman says authorities are investigating an explosion and fire at a university-owned apartment that left one person dead.
- Iowa Department of Natural announces free fishing weekend Updated: May-27-16 7:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Department of Natural Resources says Iowa residents may fish without a license next weekend.
- University of Iowa research goat that escaped is euthanized Updated: May-27-16 5:57 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - University of Iowa officials say a goat that escaped a research lab and was on the loose in Iowa City for 10 days has been euthanized.
- Iowa rallies late to stun Ohio State 5-4 Updated: May-27-16 5:26 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Iowa's Mason McCoy hit a walk-off single in the 10th inning to power the Hawkeyes past Ohio State 5-4 on Friday in the Big Ten tournament.
- Iowa Indian burial site possibility stalls oil pipeline Updated: May-27-16 4:59 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The possibility of an American Indian burial site in northwest Iowa may require relocation of a crude oil pipeline route and delay the beginning of construction in Iowa, the only one of four states where work hasn't begun.
- Second baby eagle dies in Iowa nest connected to webcam Updated: May-27-16 4:06 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A second baby eagle has died in a northeastern Iowa nest that people around the world watch online through a webcam.
- Branstad approves new state oversight of Medicaid program Updated: May-27-16 4:05 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad has signed into law new state oversight of Iowa's Medicaid program under private management.
- Iowa Supreme Court bans life without parole for teen killers Updated: May-27-16 3:30 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Juveniles who commit even the most heinous murders must someday have the chance to earn their release from prison, a divided Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.
- Study calls Johnson County an organic food hot spot Updated: May-27-16 2:18 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Johnson County officials say they aren't surprised that a new study has recognized the county as a hot spot for organic food.
- Court upholds sex offender civil commitment Updated: May-27-16 2:08 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court on Friday declined to rule on the constitutionality of a state program that keeps sex offenders in custody after they have completed their prison sentences, rejecting an appeal by a repeat sex offender seeking his release from the program.
- Des Moines identify victim in fatal overnight shooting Updated: May-27-16 1:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Police have identified the man who was killed in an overnight shooting in Des Moines.
- Iowa couple arrested after 13-year-old found driving vehicle Updated: May-27-16 10:26 am
NEWTON, Iowa - An Iowa couple faces child endangerment and drug charges after police say they were caught riding in a vehicle driven by a 13-year-old.
- Bettendorf principal under scrutiny in new state report Updated: May-27-16 8:42 am
BETTENDORF, Iowa - A Bettendorf high school principal is facing scrutiny after a state report noted that he has a potential conflict of interest.
- NW Iowa county investigating dumping of more than 100 tires Updated: May-27-16 8:15 am
BRUNSVILLE, Iowa - Authorities in northwest Iowa are investigating the dumping of more than 100 tires along rural roads.
- Authorities: Iowa hit-and-run suspect reported car stolen Updated: May-27-16 7:59 am
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Authorities say a Nebraska man suspected in a fatal hit-and-run crash in Iowa told police his vehicle was stolen the night of the accident.
- Police: Boy, 8, struck by pickup in Sioux City Updated: May-27-16 1:43 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Authorities say an 8-year-old boy was injured after being struck by a pickup while riding his bicycle in Sioux City.
- Body of missing swimmer found in northern Iowa quarry Updated: May-26-16 11:34 pm
IONIA, Iowa - Authorities have recovered a body from a quarry near the Little Cedar River in northern Iowa.
- Iowa Democrats criticize Grassley during televised debate Updated: May-26-16 10:35 pm
JOHNSTON, Iowa - Democrats in Iowa vying to challenge Republican Sen. Charles Grassley in his upcoming re-election race used a televised debate Thursday to reiterate their criticism of the longtime senator's leading role in a U.S. Supreme Court nomination fight.
- MLB commissioner announces Hall of Fame tour stops Updated: May-26-16 7:51 pm
DYERSVILLE, Iowa - Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred traveled to the "Field of Dreams" movie site in eastern Iowa on Thursday to announce this year's National Baseball Hall of Fame tour stops in six cities.
- Police recover body from Des Moines river Updated: May-26-16 5:10 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A man's body has been recovered from the Des Moines river.
- Attorneys in 2nd UIHC case want to see jury tampering claim Updated: May-26-16 4:22 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Attorneys who lost a medical malpractice case against University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics are seeking access to a letter containing allegations of jury tampering in another recent case the hospital won.
- Sanders accepts Kentucky results, making Clinton the winner Updated: May-26-16 3:27 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has accepted Kentucky's primary election results, moving front-runner Hillary Clinton one delegate closer to securing the nomination.