- Fire erupts during Memorial Day banquet at American Legion Updated: May-30-16 7:50 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say a blaze erupted during an annual Memorial Day banquet at an American Legion post in Philadelphia and required more than 100 firefighters to get it under control.
- Fire crews battle large blaze at American Legion post Updated: May-30-16 4:54 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Fire crews have brought under control a large blaze at an American Legion post in northeast Philadelphia on Memorial Day.
- Police: Man drowned after trying to save dog in creek Updated: May-30-16 2:49 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say a man drowned in a northeast Philadelphia creek after jumping in to try to save his dog.
- Scranton bee operation sees sweet success Updated: May-30-16 11:03 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - EunJin Newkirk was cold and miserable and hadn't sold a thing.
- After Gamergate, female video game developers on the rise Updated: May-30-16 9:59 am
PHILADELPHIA - Students from an all-female arts college in Philadelphia attended a conference for video game developers last year and, without even trying, they stood out.
- Connecticut woman adds artistic flare to politics Updated: May-30-16 9:30 am
BRISTOL, Connecticut - A collage of broad stripes, bright stars and images of liberty adorn Bristol native Katie Haire's fiberglass donkeys, that will greet visitors at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.
- Wiggle It Jiggleit paces fastest mile at Harrah's Updated: May-29-16 8:12 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Wiggle It Jiggleit paced the fastest mile in the 11-year history of Harrah's Philadelphia on Sunday, winning the $200,000 Dorothy Mullin Invitational for older male pacers by 1 3/4 lengths over in 1:47.3.
- $1,000 reward offered after 2 dogs found in burned container Updated: May-29-16 12:30 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - An animal welfare group is offering a $1,000 reward for information after the charred remains of two dogs were found in a plastic container set afire in an alley near Philadelphia.
- 160-year-old tree in Philadelphia cemetery felled Updated: May-28-16 11:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A 160-year-old tree in Philadelphia's Laurel Hill Cemetery that sheltered famous visitors including presidents and Civil War generals has been felled.
- 2 trapped under fallen tree branch, taken to hospital Updated: May-28-16 5:46 pm
BENSALEM, Pennsylvania - Authorities say two people were taken to a hospital after a tree branch fell on them in a suburban Philadelphia park.
- Woman sentenced in theft of money through charity website Updated: May-28-16 5:22 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia woman has been sentenced to time served to 23 months in the theft of money through what authorities said was a fraudulent charity fundraising page online.
- 3 brothers sentenced for leading violent drug ring in Camden Updated: May-28-16 12:56 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Three brothers who led a violent Camden drug ring that authorities say had ties to Mexican drug cartels are now headed to prison.
- Pirates spoil night for Rangers' Banister, Hamels in 9-1 win Updated: May-28-16 12:56 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Jeff Banister shared hugs, handshakes and laughs with Pittsburgh's Clint Hurdle and his players and coaches before the Texas manager's first game against the organization he was part of for his first 29 years in pro baseball.
- Uber appeals Pennsylvania utility regulator's $11.4M fine Updated: May-27-16 5:26 pm
PITTSBURGH - Ride-hailing company Uber is asking state utility regulators to reconsider the record-setting $11.4 million fine they issued against it.
- Man dragged, killed by hit-and-run vehicle in Philadelphia Updated: May-27-16 7:37 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia police say a 57-year-old man has been hit, dragged and killed by a hit-and-run vehicle.
- Churchgoer charged in Sunday service slaying headed to trial Updated: May-27-16 2:12 am
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia church member has been ordered to stand trial on charges that he shot a fellow churchgoer to death after the victim became verbally disruptive during Sunday services and punched the man in the face.
- Feds launch review of suburban Philadelphia city's police Updated: May-26-16 5:23 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - The U.S. Justice Department is launching a review of a suburban Philadelphia police department at the city's request.
- Man vows to keep stalking TV reporter - when probation is up Updated: May-26-16 4:38 pm
MEDIA, Pennsylvania - A man has vowed in court to resume stalking a Philadelphia TV news reporter as soon as his probation for doing so expires in 15 years.
- US senator testifies at congressman's corruption trial Updated: May-26-16 4:38 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Democratic U.S. Sen. Bob Casey testified for the prosecution Thursday in the trial of a congressman accused of trying to land an ambassadorship for a friend in exchange for a bribe.
- The Latest: 2nd man sentenced for stalking TV anchor Updated: May-26-16 4:35 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Latest on sentencing for the stalkers of two TV news anchors (all times local):
- AP: Intruders breach US airport fences about every 10 days Updated: May-26-16 9:48 am
Under pressure to prevent people from sneaking onto runways and planes at major U.S. airports, authorities are cracking down - not on the intruders who slip through perimeter gates or jump over fences, but on the release of information about the breaches.
- Man shot while parking his girlfriend's car in Philadelphia Updated: May-26-16 6:40 am
PHILADELPHIA - Police say a man is in critical condition after he was ambushed and shot while parking his girlfriend's car in Philadelphia, all while possessing what appears to be a large amount of crack cocaine.
- Philadelphia airport breached twice in 2015, once in 2016 Updated: May-26-16 12:38 am
Two intruders got past fences or gates outside Philadelphia International Airport last year, and at least one more so far this year.
- Classes resume after fire at Pennsylvania high school Updated: May-25-16 1:27 pm
LANSDALE, Pennsylvania - Students have returned to class one day after a fire forced the evacuation of a suburban Philadelphia high school.
- Man charged in fatal hit-run at Philadelphia bus shelter Updated: May-25-16 12:36 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A man has been charged in a hit-and-run at a Philadelphia bus shelter that left a man dead.