- Police: Man brandishing sword in custody after standoff Updated: Apr-29-16 4:05 am
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say a man is in custody after he threatened his parents and police with a samurai sword during a standoff with officers at his Philadelphia home.
- Authorities: Dozens of drug dealers behind bars after sweep Updated: Apr-29-16 4:04 am
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say dozens of suspected drug dealers are behind bars after a massive drug sweep in west Philadelphia and its suburbs.
- QBs Goff and Wentz soar, OT Tunsil takes bizarre tumble Updated: Apr-29-16 12:29 am
CHICAGO - California love for Jared Goff, and Philadelphia pride for Carson Wentz.
- The Latest: 5 Ohio State players selected in 1st round Updated: Apr-29-16 12:00 am
CHICAGO - The Latest on the first day of the NFL draft (all times local):
- NFL Draft: Players selected in the first round Updated: Apr-28-16 11:44 pm
The players selected in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night in Chicago:
- Eagles get quarterback Carson Wentz at No. 2 overall Updated: Apr-28-16 10:18 pm
PHILADELPHIA - From Fargo to Philly, Carson Wentz is the latest quarterback the Eagles hope will deliver the franchise's first Super Bowl.
- Church member charged with fatal shooting at Sunday service Updated: Apr-28-16 6:38 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A member of a suburban church was charged Wednesday in the shooting death of another churchgoer in an altercation during Sunday services.
- The Latest: Church member arraigned in fatal shooting Updated: Apr-28-16 6:23 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - The Latest on a church member charged with fatally shooting another worshipper in suburban Philadelphia (all times local):
- Critics of $1 billion NFL concussion deal seek court review Updated: Apr-28-16 4:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Critics of the proposed $1 billion settlement of NFL concussion claims want a full U.S. appeals court in Philadelphia to review a recent court decision that upheld the deal.
- Bill Tilden: A US tennis hero, but with a morals clause Updated: Apr-28-16 4:21 pm
PHILADELPHIA - In the 1920s and 1930s, Bill Tilden was to tennis what Babe Ruth was to baseball. Honoring him with a historical marker should be an ace - if not for questions about his conduct with teenage boys.
- Les Waas, creator of the Mister Softee jingle, dies at 94 Updated: Apr-28-16 1:14 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Les Waas, the advertising legend behind the Mister Softee jingle heard in hundreds of ice cream trucks for more than half a century, has died. He was 94.
- Philadelphia police plan to address raiding wrong home Updated: Apr-28-16 7:22 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia police plan to address how officers raided the wrong home looking for suspects in a home invasion.
- Panel considers $160K settlement with beaten student Updated: Apr-28-16 6:34 am
PHILADELPHIA - Officials are considering paying $160,000 to a student who was beaten by an assistant principal in Philadelphia's Frankford High School.
- Nets' Ellington wins J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award Updated: Apr-27-16 8:13 pm
NEW YORK - Brooklyn Nets guard Wayne Ellington has won the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award for outstanding service and dedication to the community.
- Comcast beats forecasts, adds subscribers, unveils data plan Updated: Apr-27-16 6:21 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Comcast Corp. on Wednesday reported first-quarter earnings that topped Wall Street's expectations with help from an increase in subscriber numbers.
- Willie Williams, trailblazing top cop for 2 cities, dies Updated: Apr-27-16 5:58 pm
ATLANTA - Willie L. Williams, who was the first black police chief in Philadelphia and in Los Angeles, where he took over in the wake of the Rodney King riots, has died. He was 72.
- Philadelphia woman who says was wrongly detained wins case Updated: Apr-27-16 11:14 am
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia woman who says she was wrongly pulled out of her home by two city detectives and detained after officers came looking for her son has been acquitted.
- Police: Mother charged in 2-year-old daughter's death Updated: Apr-27-16 6:40 am
FAIRLESS HILLS, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia woman is facing charges in her 2-year-old daughter's death.
- Man convicted in 2010, 2011 rapes in Philadelphia park Updated: Apr-27-16 3:55 am
PHILADELPHIA - A man convicted in Wisconsin of sexually assaulting a woman he met online has also been found guilty of raping two women in a northeast Philadelphia park.
- Trump, Clinton win Pennsylvania; Dems tap McGinty for Senate Updated: Apr-27-16 1:31 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton came away big winners in Pennsylvania's presidential primaries Tuesday, as Democrats backed their party establishment's choice for U.S. Senate and an indicted Philadelphia-area congressman lost his bid for a 12th term.
- The Latest: McGinty, Toomey tangle in victory speeches Updated: Apr-26-16 11:58 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on Pennsylvania's primary (all times local):
- Pennsylvania Democrats pick establishment's Senate candidate Updated: Apr-26-16 11:52 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrats in Pennsylvania have gone with their party establishment's choice for a U.S. Senate candidate and rejected an ex-congressman who six years ago nearly won the office.
- Clinton surges to nomination with 4 more Northeast wins Updated: Apr-26-16 11:41 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Hillary Clinton rolled to victory in four more states Tuesday, putting her 90 percent of the way toward clinching the Democratic presidential nomination.
- Rafferty, Shapiro win nominations to run for Pennsylvania AG Updated: Apr-26-16 11:24 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A state senator and county commissioner from the same suburban Philadelphia county will vie this fall for the seat being vacated by embattled Attorney General Kathleen Kane.
- Indicted Rep. Fattah loses Pennsylvania Democratic primary Updated: Apr-26-16 10:41 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Indicted Pennsylvania congressman Chaka Fattah, facing his first primary fight in two decades, has lost the Democratic primary just before the start of his federal corruption trial.