- W.Va. AG announces antitrust agreement in hospital takeover Updated: Jul-31-15 11:35 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey has announced an antitrust agreement with Cabell Huntington Hospital in its takeover of St. Mary's Medical Center.
- 1 dead, 1 injured after Fairmont domestic shooting Updated: Jul-31-15 4:53 am
FAIRMONT, West Virginia - A woman has been killed, and a suspect injured in a domestic disturbance in Fairmont.
- Marshall, 2-year college agree on partnership Updated: Jul-31-15 3:21 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Students at New River Community and Technical College can apply credits toward earning a four-year degree at Marshall University.
- Republican attorneys general gathering in W.Va. this weekend Updated: Jul-31-15 3:13 am
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Republican attorneys general from across the county are meeting this weekend at The Greenbrier resort.
- New Logan County judge set to be sworn in Updated: Jul-31-15 3:12 am
LOGAN, West Virginia - A new circuit judge in Logan County is due to start work.
- Saints veterans set tone at training camp's outset Updated: Jul-30-15 6:46 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - As the New Orleans Saints took the field for the first practices of training camp, Drew Brees and some other elder statesmen on the roster talked about respect, trust, and accountability.
- 8 states probe slain man's possible serial killer ties Updated: Jul-30-15 3:25 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Authorities say police in at least eight states are investigating unsolved cases that may be linked to an Oregon man who was recently killed by an escort in West Virginia.
- 3 plead guilty to charges stemming from 4-state heroin ring Updated: Jul-30-15 11:40 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - Three people have pleaded guilty to charges stemming from a multistate heroin trafficking operation.
- Martinsburg considers expansion of nondiscrimination law Updated: Jul-30-15 7:08 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - Martinsburg City Council members are considering adding sexual orientation to the city's nondiscrimination ordinance.
- Man charged with second degree murder in Weirton slaying Updated: Jul-30-15 6:34 am
WEIRTON, West Virginia - Weirton police have charged a man with second-degree murder in the death of another man whose body was found in a creek.
- 2 children injured after homemade bomb thrown into window Updated: Jul-30-15 4:34 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Two Huntington children have been injured after a homemade explosive was thrown into their living room.
- Missing man's body found in Charleston Updated: Jul-30-15 3:20 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Police in Kanawha County say the body of a missing man has been found at a home in Charleston.
- FEMA approves $7.7M in W.Va. homeland security funds Updated: Jul-30-15 3:05 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved $7.7 million in funding for emergency preparedness and homeland security programs in West Virginia.
- GM Loomis: Saints equipped to overcome offseason setbacks Updated: Jul-29-15 9:42 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis doesn't buy the notion that the uncertainly surrounding his club at the opening of training camp this year has reached some unusual level.
- W.Va. judge upholds woman's life sentence in fatal stabbing Updated: Jul-29-15 3:46 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A judge in Charleston has rejected a woman's bid to have her guilty plea to first-degree murder thrown out.
- West Virginia editorial roundup Updated: Jul-29-15 3:24 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
- Henderson aims for big role with NC State after transfer Updated: Jul-29-15 12:45 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Terry Henderson has seen transfers thrive before at North Carolina State. Now it's his turn.
- W.Va. health agency investigates spike in syphilis cases Updated: Jul-29-15 12:34 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Health officials are investigating a spike in syphilis cases in West Virginia to determine how to prevent further cases of the sexually transmitted disease.
- Bridgeport seeks federal drug unit for northern W.Va. Updated: Jul-29-15 8:05 am
BRIDGEPORT, West Virginia - Bridgeport's City Council is seeking a federal narcotics investigation unit for the Northern District of West Virginia.
- Police: Man says he had grown marijuana for 40 years Updated: Jul-29-15 6:21 am
TRIADELPHIA, West Virginia - Police say an Ohio County man has admitted to having grown marijuana on his property for about 40 years.
- National Endowment for Humanities funds 2 W.Va. projects Updated: Jul-29-15 3:13 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The National Endowment for the Humanities has announced $274,000 in grants for two projects in West Virginia.
- Saints cut Bunkley, place Colston, Byrd on PUP Updated: Jul-28-15 6:18 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - The New Orleans Saints have released veteran defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley, citing a failed physical.
- 87 people charged in north-central W.Va. drug probe Updated: Jul-28-15 4:40 pm
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - Eighty-seven people face charges stemming from a drug investigation in north-central West Virginia.
- Gun found in carry-on bag at Huntington Tri-State Airport Updated: Jul-28-15 11:56 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Authorities say a loaded handgun was found in a Barboursville man's carry-on bag at Huntington Tri-State Airport.
- Ravenswood Century Aluminum plant permanently shut down Updated: Jul-28-15 11:44 am
RAVENSWOOD, West Virginia - A Century Aluminum smelter in Jackson County that has sat idle for more than six years will not be restarted following an unsuccessful attempt to obtain a special electricity rate for the plant, the company said.