- W.Va. to launch first syringe exchange program Updated: Sep-02-15 8:47 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Health officials hope a new syringe exchange program in Cabell County will reduce the number of blood-borne diseases.
- Coal company, UMW settle suit over use of non-union workers Updated: Sep-02-15 8:37 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - A Murray Energy subsidiary and the United Mine Workers of America have settled a lawsuit over the company's use of non-union workers.
- Postal Service proposes moving Clarksburg post office Updated: Sep-02-15 7:34 am
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - The U.S. Postal Service is looking at moving its post office in downtown Clarksburg to a smaller facility.
- Regatta to go on despite Ohio River health advisory Updated: Sep-02-15 2:08 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - West Virginia officials are urging participants in an upcoming regatta on the Ohio River to use caution after the discovery of blue-green algae blooms.
- Police: Officers kill robbery suspect in gunfire exchange Updated: Sep-01-15 6:26 pm
BLUEFIELD, West Virginia - Police say a bank robbery suspect has died in an exchange of gunfire with Bluefield officers.
- US grand jury names former W.Va. highway official Updated: Sep-01-15 6:21 pm
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - A former director of the West Virginia Division of Highway's equipment division has been indicted on federal racketeering charges.
- Board of Governors OKs shift of WVU Tech campus to Beckley Updated: Sep-01-15 4:04 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia University's Board of Governors voted unanimously Tuesday to authorize moving the WVU Institute of Technology campus from Montgomery to Beckley.
- Pa. man sentenced to life with no mercy in W.Va. slaying Updated: Sep-01-15 1:07 pm
WELLSBURG, West Virginia - A Pennsylvania man convicted of killing a West Virginia man has been sentenced to life in prison with no chance for parole.
- Welch police begin carrying body cameras Updated: Sep-01-15 10:00 am
WELCH, West Virginia - Welch police officers have begun carrying body cameras to record all contact with the public.
- Presidential candidates to visit West Liberty for interviews Updated: Sep-01-15 7:43 am
WEST LIBERTY, West Virginia - West Liberty University's presidential search committee plans on-campus interviews with the finalists later this month.
- First Energy seeks W.Va. rate hike for vegetation management Updated: Sep-01-15 7:16 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - First Energy has asked West Virginia regulators to approve a $75.8 million rate hike over two years to cover the cost of its vegetation management programs.
- Body of missing Ohio man found in W.Va Updated: Sep-01-15 6:52 am
HARRISVILLE, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police say the body of a missing Ohio man has been found in Ritchie County.
- W.Va. ginseng digging season begins Updated: Sep-01-15 6:31 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Forestry officials are reminding ginseng diggers to abide by state laws as the season opens in West Virginia.
- W.Va. adult drug court for 2 counties opening Tuesday Updated: Sep-01-15 2:34 am
SPENCER, West Virginia - An adult drug court serving Roane and Calhoun counties is opening.
- Cameron woman's body found in vehicle following chase Updated: Aug-31-15 12:46 pm
CAMERON, West Virginia - Police are investigating the death of a Cameron woman whose body was found in a vehicle following a chase.
- 2 men sentenced for roles in multistate drug operation Updated: Aug-31-15 12:28 pm
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - Two men have been sentenced for their roles in a multistate drug trafficking operation.
- Fire marshal: Boone fire that killed 2 started in bedroom Updated: Aug-31-15 11:46 am
DANVILLE, West Virginia - A state official says a Boone County mobile home fire that killed two people started in the bedroom.
- Former lawmaker appointed to West Virginia Parole Board Updated: Aug-31-15 10:37 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A former Wood County lawmaker has been appointed to the West Virginia Parole Board.
- MVB Bank acquires 2 Susquehanna branches in Berkeley County Updated: Aug-31-15 10:25 am
FAIRMONT, West Virginia - MVB Bank says it has completed the acquisition of two Susquehanna Bank branches in Berkeley County.
- W.Va. regulators concerned about buried debris at spill site Updated: Aug-31-15 10:11 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia regulators are concerned that construction debris found buried at the site of a 2014 chemical spill could make it easier for contaminated water to flow deeper into the soil.
- Loss of rock could change ride through Gauley rapid Updated: Aug-31-15 7:29 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - A whitewater industry expert says a rock formation change could give experienced rafters a different ride through one of the Gauley River's most challenging rapids.
- Police: 3 arrested on heroin-related drug charges in Salem Updated: Aug-31-15 3:32 am
SALEM, West Virginia - Authorities say three people have been arrested on heroin-related drug charges in Salem.
- W.Va. State University to offer media diversity fellowship Updated: Aug-31-15 2:08 am
INSTITUTE, West Virginia - West Virginia State University says a new fellowship program allows minority students to work alongside media professionals to tell the state's story, including its diverse ethnic history.
- Conference focuses on planning for 2016 elections in W.Va. Updated: Aug-31-15 2:07 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Local elections officials across West Virginia will discuss planning for the 2016 elections at a conference in Charleston.
- Ruptured line cause of oil spill in Ritchie County creek Updated: Aug-30-15 1:16 pm
HARRISVILLE, West Virginia - The Department of Environmental Protection says a ruptured oil gathering line caused a spill into a creek in Ritchie County.