- Iowan gets probation for cashing counterfeit payroll checks Updated: Jul-03-15 8:28 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A Des Moines woman has been given three years of probation and been told to pay nearly $1,900 in restitution for cashing counterfeit payroll checks in northern Iowa.
- Court orders new sentence for Iowa man convicted of murder Updated: Jun-26-15 3:55 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court ordered a new sentence for a Mason City man convicted in 2009 of first-degree murder.
- Police: Man in Mason City shot at officer before suicide Updated: Jun-22-15 6:26 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - Authorities say a man in Mason City fired a gun at an officer shortly before killing himself.
- 20 years later, TV anchor Jodi Huisentruit still missing Updated: Jun-20-15 6:50 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - As the 20th anniversary approaches of the disappearance of TV anchor Jodi Huisentruit, her family, police and a dedicated team of journalists and retired police officers are still trying to solve the mystery.
- Iowa man hospitalized after accidentally fire Updated: Jun-13-15 1:53 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - A Mason City man has been hospitalized after accidentally setting himself on fire.
- School officials call for cameras to help enforce law Updated: Jun-08-15 6:08 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - Cameras are needed to help enforce an Iowa law that increased penalties for drivers who illegally pass by school buses whenever they're stopped, according transportation administrators at several school districts.
- Man who found ring lost decades ago returns it to Iowa owner Updated: Jun-08-15 10:48 am
THORNTON, Iowa - A man has found and returned a class ring lost in Mason City nearly 50 years ago.