- Finding remains of missing women required exhaustive search Updated: May-02-16 10:32 am
HOUSTON - Shovels and flashlights in hand on a night in mid-February, investigators restarted the search nearly two decades after the girls went missing.
- North Texas student with ax was drunk when killed by police Updated: Apr-20-16 9:01 am
DENTON, Texas - An autopsy shows a University of North Texas student armed with an ax while celebrating his 21st birthday was intoxicated when an officer fatally shot him.
- Roll call on House passage of $415 million tax cut bill Updated: Apr-18-16 7:12 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi House voted 73-44 Monday to approve a House-Senate plan to cut $415 million in taxes over 12 years. Supporters say the measure will return needed money to taxpayers and spur business growth. Opponents say Mississippi can't afford tax cuts with a revenue shortfall and say tax cuts haven't helped economies of other states. A yes vote was to approve the bill, while a no vote opposed that action. Voting yes were 66 Republicans and seven Democrats. Voting no were 37 Democrats and seven Republicans. Two Democrats voted present, while one Democrat and one Republican did not vote.
- 2 investors accused of manipulating highway ROW sales Updated: Apr-14-16 6:57 pm
LAKE DALLAS, Texas - A federal grand jury has indicted two Dallas real estate investors on mail fraud conspiracy charges alleging they bought up prospective highway rights-of-way and demanded inflated prices from taxpayers to accommodate highway expansion.
- Texas police: Remains belong to student missing since 1997 Updated: Apr-11-16 5:30 pm
ANGLETON, Texas - Remains found in a pasture in southeast Texas with the help of a convicted kidnapper are those of a 20-year-old college student who went missing almost two decades ago, authorities said Monday.
- 2 women and their 2 daughters dead in Texas wrong-way crash Updated: Apr-11-16 3:34 pm
ARGYLE, Texas - Authorities say two women and their two young daughters were killed when their vehicles collided in a wrong-way crash in North Texas.