- Indiana State Museum unveils mallet tied to Abraham Lincoln Updated: Feb-09-16 6:15 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A wooden mallet inlaid with the initials "A.L" was made by Abraham Lincoln, who used it during his Indiana youth to make furniture, Indiana State Museum officials said Tuesday in unveiling the artifact that had been a family's secret heirloom for five generations.
- Colts release Ryan Lindley, hire 5 new assistant coaches Updated: Feb-09-16 5:29 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Colts released backup quarterback Ryan Lindley and hired new assistants to their coaching staff Tuesday.
- Indianapolis officials pass ordinance to help homeless Updated: Feb-09-16 5:57 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis officials have passed an ordinance meant to offer new protections and assistance to the city's homeless.
- Ex-official sentenced in Indianapolis Land Bank bribery Updated: Feb-09-16 5:29 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Federal authorities say a former Indianapolis city official has been sentenced after being found guilty of accepting bribes and kickbacks while overseeing a program that sells vacant and tax-delinquent properties.
- George's big finish leads Pacers past Lakers 89-87 Updated: Feb-08-16 10:52 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Kobe Bryant gave Indiana Pacers fans one last thrill Monday night.
- Police: Bus driver didn't use brake before fatal accident Updated: Feb-08-16 9:09 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The driver of a school bus that struck and killed an Indianapolis elementary school principal had left the driver's seat without putting on the parking brake, according to an Indianapolis police report made available Monday.
- Indianapolis coach facing sex charge remaining in custody Updated: Feb-08-16 8:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A former boys basketball coach in Indianapolis who's charged with trying to entice a 15-year-old female student into a sexual relationship told other students after he was forced to resign that the girl was trying to slander him and that he would turn his head if someone were to "mess her up," prosecutors said Monday.
- Attorney General to visit 6 cities to highlight police work Updated: Feb-08-16 8:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Loretta Lynch plans to visit six cities in the coming months to highlight police departments she sees as role models for law enforcement.
- Bloomington hospital upgrading neonatal intensive care unit Updated: Feb-08-16 1:35 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana University Health Bloomington Hospital is upgrading its special-care nursery in an effort to help smaller premature babies.
- Indianapolis school facing scrutiny hires team of attorneys Updated: Feb-06-16 6:05 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A private Indianapolis school under scrutiny for its handling of allegations that a basketball coach sent sexually explicit messages to a 15-year-old female student has hired a team of attorneys to represent it.
- Data: Indiana had 143 fatal domestic shootings from 2006-14 Updated: Feb-06-16 10:14 am
INDIANAPOLIS - FBI records show that Indiana reported more than 140 domestic violence-related fatal shootings from 2006 through 2014, although the number is likely higher because some of the state's law enforcement agencies didn't report such data.
- Indiana University raises housing costs for next school year Updated: Feb-06-16 4:05 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana University's board of trustees committee has raised the cost of on-campus housing for the next school year.
- Suburban Indianapolis teenager sentenced in murder Updated: Feb-05-16 5:29 pm
NOBLESVILLE, Indiana - A teenager from an Indianapolis suburb has been sentenced to 80 years in prison for killing a 73-year-old man.
- 4 life sentences for man in Indianapolis quadruple killing Updated: Feb-05-16 1:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A man pleaded guilty Friday in four drug-related killings after agreeing to a plea deal that will spare him the death penalty in exchange for four consecutive life sentences without parole.
- Woman embarks on project to collect bras for homeless women Updated: Feb-05-16 5:05 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Rachael Heger is no stranger to New Year's resolutions. Each year she makes them - and keeps them. But this year, the year she will be turning 35, she decided to go big.
- Ex-Indiana Gov. Whitcomb, POW in World War II, dies at 98 Updated: Feb-04-16 6:48 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Indiana Gov. Edgar Whitcomb, who escaped from a Japanese prisoner camp by swimming overnight during World War II and then made an around-the-world solo sailing trip while in his 70s, has died at age 98.
- Ball State trustee says resignation not linked to president Updated: Feb-04-16 4:16 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - One of two Ball State University trustees who are stepping down from their positions says the moves have nothing to do with the resignation last week of the school president.
- Federal court rejects convicted financier's sentence appeal Updated: Feb-04-16 3:30 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A federal appeals court has rejected a former Indianapolis businessman's bid to shorten his 50-year sentence for defrauding thousands of investors of $200 million to finance a lavish lifestyle.
- Indiana culture war over gay rights worries business leaders Updated: Feb-03-16 7:27 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Downtown Indianapolis was once so desolate that men armed with shotguns hunted pigeons on Sundays among empty buildings and a trash-strewn river canal.
- Suit by man accused of killing Indianapolis officer tossed Updated: Feb-03-16 5:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A federal judge in Indianapolis has thrown out a $2.3 million lawsuit filed by a man charged in the killing of a police officer. Among the defendants named in the suit is the officer he allegedly killed.
- Indiana delegation asks Obama to act on Congolese adoptions Updated: Feb-03-16 5:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's congressional delegation is urging President Barack Obama to prod the president of Congo to allow hundreds of legally adopted orphaned children to join their new families in the United States.
- IndyCar puts safety at top of priority list entering 2016 Updated: Feb-02-16 6:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - IndyCar officials are trying to make racing safer and more appealing in 2016.
- The Latest: Chamber head says gay-rights failure hurts state Updated: Feb-02-16 5:52 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Latest on the decision of Indiana Republican lawmakers to abandon efforts this year to extend anti-discrimination laws to include sexual orientation (all times local):
- Indiana AG sues 3 companies in alleged tax-sale scheme Updated: Feb-02-16 5:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana is suing three out-of-state companies for allegedly orchestrating a scheme that bilked dozens of state residents out of millions of dollars after their homes were sold in tax sales.
- Honda agrees to new deal with IndyCar as engine supplier Updated: Feb-02-16 2:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A rough 2015 season couldn't chase Honda out of IndyCar racing.