- Ritz for governor sets up fight for Democratic nomination Updated: Jun-01-15 8:13 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Democrats could face a tough campaign to choose their 2016 nominee for governor as they sense an opening to oust Republican Gov. Mike Pence from office.
- Colts' Mathis says he'll be ready for Sept. 13 season opener Updated: Jun-01-15 2:50 pm
- Woman shot dead during street robbery in Indianapolis Updated: Jun-01-15 1:02 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis police say a woman has died after being shot multiple times during a street robbery.
- Indiana schools chief Ritz to make campaign announcement Updated: May-31-15 8:51 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Democratic Indiana schools Superintendent Glenda Ritz, who has said she's considering a run for governor, is expected to make a campaign announcement this week.
- Tigers star Verlander shaky in 1st rehab start Updated: May-31-15 6:18 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Detroit Tigers star Justin Verlander struggled in his first rehabilitation start, giving up three runs in 2 2-3 innings for Triple-A Toledo on Sunday.
- Wrong-way driver dead, 2 people critical after crash Updated: May-31-15 5:19 pm
MONOVIA, Indiana - Indiana State Police say one person has died and two others are hospitalized in critical condition after a fiery, head-on crash on Interstate 70 near Indianapolis.
- Indianapolis landfill search for infant finds no evidence Updated: May-31-15 4:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Police officers searched a landfill Sunday for clues in the disappearance of a missing 3-month-old girl now believed to be dead, a spokesman said.
- Indiana high court to weigh Lake County small precinct law Updated: May-31-15 4:22 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Supreme Court will hear oral arguments Thursday over a law that requires Lake County officials to study whether to consolidate election precincts with fewer than 500 active voters.
- Weak tornado touches down briefly on Indianapolis' SE side Updated: May-31-15 11:49 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The National Weather Service says a weak tornado damaged several buildings and stacked two automobiles on top of each other in Indianapolis.
- Police say 2 shot near Walker Theater, IUPUI put on alert Updated: May-31-15 4:32 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Authorities say two people have been shot near the Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis campus.
- New Indianapolis Museum of Art policy upsets bicyclists Updated: May-30-15 4:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Museum of Art has upset local bicyclists with a new admission policy that some biking enthusiasts say has effectively locked them out of the museum's sprawling grounds.
- Police: Students sustain minor injuries when buses crash Updated: May-29-15 6:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Police say eight students were taken to the hospital with minor injuries after a school bus in Indianapolis rear-ended another school bus.
- Indiana's bicentennial to include push for 'big ideas' Updated: May-29-15 5:50 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's upcoming bicentennial celebrations will include a push to identify some of the "big ideas" that could help drive change in the state's financial, agricultural, cultural and other sectors over the next half-century, project organizers said Friday.
- Police: Former youngest death-row inmate left suicide note Updated: May-29-15 4:44 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis police say a woman who was once the nation's youngest death row inmate left a suicide note that described her struggle to survive outside the prison walls that were her home for nearly 30 years.
- Indianapolis plant switching from coal to natural gas Updated: May-29-15 2:44 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis Power and Light Co. plant that has produced electricity for more than 80 years is preparing to burn its last load of coal next spring and switch to natural gas.
- College basketball player drowns in Indiana reservoir Updated: May-29-15 12:46 pm
CICERO, Indiana - A University of Indianapolis basketball player drowned after he fell into an Indiana reservoir without a lifejacket, investigators said Friday.
- Free legal aid program changing lives, but future uncertain Updated: May-29-15 8:35 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Barbara Dinwiddie is an 87-year-old widow, pinching pennies to get by on Social Security and a small pension.
- Indianapolis teachers get OK to intervene in school fights Updated: May-29-15 6:55 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Public Schools board has passed a new policy allowing teachers to physically intervene in fights at schools.
- Indiana lawmakers won't study LGBT protections this summer Updated: May-28-15 7:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers won't spend the summer discussing whether to grant statewide civil rights protections to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender residents despite lingering fallout over a new religious objections law.
- Girls Pint Out co-founder gets about 6 months in prison Updated: May-28-15 8:03 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A 30-year-old Indianapolis woman who helped found women's social club Girls Pint Out will spend about six months in prison after pleading guilty to felony charges earlier this year.
- Lawsuit says Mourdock gave chief deputy 3-year contract Updated: May-28-15 8:03 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A lawsuit claims former state Treasurer Richard Mourdock gave his chief deputy a three-year, $300,000 contract before he resigned from office last year.
- Indiana securities commissioner resigns, no reason cited Updated: May-28-15 7:54 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Securities Commissioner Carol Mihalik has resigned.
- Man gets 20 years for killing woman, removing her eyes Updated: May-28-15 5:12 am
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to accusations that he killed a woman and removed her eyeballs.
- Indianapolis mobile home operator accused of discrimination Updated: May-27-15 9:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The operator of an Indianapolis mobile home park is facing a discrimination lawsuit alleging it discouraged minorities and people with disabilities from renting homes.
- Indianapolis signs 1st-round draft pick Phillip Dorsett Updated: May-27-15 6:59 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Receiver Phillip Dorsett has a lot of work to do this offseason.