- Indianapolis father, son charged in killing, robbery of man Updated: May-28-16 2:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis father and son have been charged in the robbery and killing of a man who was found dead in a parking lot with a pillow case over his head and duct tape around his neck.
- Here's a story of a lovely lady and Gomer at the Indy 500 Updated: May-28-16 12:42 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - They are the names that stamped the Indianapolis 500 as a four-wheeled slice of Americana from the heartland. Rick Mears. A.J. Foyt. The Andrettis. Helio Castroneves.
- High-profile cases deplete county's public defender fund Updated: May-28-16 9:44 am
GREENFIELD, Indiana - Officials are blaming an increase in drug-related activity and crime spilling over from Indianapolis for draining a suburban county's $500,000 public defender fund.
- Pippa Mann lone woman left for 100th Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-28-16 2:20 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Four years ago, Pippa Mann was answering questions in Gasoline Alley about the record-tying four female drivers in the Indianapolis 500, and how it represented another step toward women one day winning at the Brickyard.
- 9-year-old boy fatally shot in head in Indianapolis area Updated: May-27-16 10:20 pm
CUMBERLAND, Indiana - Police say a 9-year-old boy has died after being shot in the head in the Indianapolis area.
- Indiana trooper fatally shoots man pointing long gun Updated: May-27-16 4:27 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana State Police say a trooper serving a search warrant at an Indianapolis home has fatally shot a man who pointed a long gun at him.
- Indiana ministry sues zoning board over dairy farm approval Updated: May-27-16 4:18 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An eastern Indiana ministry that operates a children's camp has sued local zoning officials, warning that a planned 1,400-cow dairy farm they approved for a nearby site will ruin the summer camp experience due to odors, dust and manure runoff.
- Dean Stoneman wins closest Freedom 100 by 0.0024 seconds Updated: May-27-16 3:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The weekend of the 100th running of the Indy 500 got off to a historic start Friday.
- Karam, Wilson try and move on at Indy 500 from fatal wreck Updated: May-27-16 2:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Jody Karam returned from a bicycle ride and saw his son on the phone with race team owner Chip Ganassi. At the Karam home just 15 miles from Pocono Raceway, Sage Karam heard the news that would send the blonde bundle of energy into a depression,
- Tony Kanaan fastest in final practice for 100th Indy 500 Updated: May-27-16 1:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Tony Kanaan was so frustrated during qualifying that he was simply relieved once it was over.
- IndyCar drivers find comfort in having strong safety team Updated: May-27-16 1:13 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Dario Franchitti doesn't remember the crash that ended his career three years ago in Houston.
- Castroneves still chasing fourth Indianapolis 500 victory Updated: May-27-16 11:12 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Trying to persuade Helio Castroneves to rank his three Indianapolis 500 victories is tantamount to asking an adoring mother or father to rank their children in order of affection.
- Indy 500 winners determine best drivers, greatest races Updated: May-27-16 10:52 am
INDIANAPOLIS - In the lead-up to the 100th running of the "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing," The Associated Press interviewed the 27 living race winners on topics ranging from the greatest driver to most memorable moment.
- Man guilty of buying Indiana guns, selling them in Chicago Updated: May-27-16 7:10 am
CHICAGO - An Indianapolis man has been found guilty of dealing firearms from a porch on Chicago's West Side.
- Indiana police watching for dangerous drivers over weekend Updated: May-26-16 10:48 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Police in Indiana will be watching for dangerous drivers and seat belt violators during the holiday weekend.
- Ladies and gentlemen: Stop your engines en route to Indy 500 Updated: May-26-16 10:48 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Officials are urging people headed to the Indianapolis 500 to limit idling of their vehicles in effort to improve air quality in central Indiana.
- After focus on social issues, Pence facing tough re-election Updated: May-26-16 9:38 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence smiled for the TV cameras this month as a technology company announced plans to hire hundreds of new workers and add its name to the tallest tower in the Indianapolis skyline. Then the celebratory news conference took an awkward turn.
- Penske the standard of excellence at Indy after 50 years Updated: May-26-16 4:26 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - It was 1951 when Jay Penske scored a pair of tickets to the Indianapolis 500. He was an executive for a metal fabrication company in Cleveland that was sponsoring a few laps in the race, so he brought his 14-year-old son to Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Larger crowd means tighter security at this year's Indy 500 Updated: May-26-16 2:57 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An anticipated record-breaking crowd at this year's 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 has officials cautioning attendees to be ready for heightened security.
- Greatest drivers at Indy? Try Foyt and Mears amid debate Updated: May-26-16 1:58 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - To win the Indianapolis 500, a driver must weather months of preparation then two stressful weeks of hype leading into "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing." When the race actually begins, every driver is tested on skill, talent, luck, strategy, endurance and perseverance.
- Meet the man Indy 500 champions say saved the race Updated: May-26-16 9:54 am
INDIANAPOLIS - It was 1945 and the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway was in disrepair. Already in desperate need of improvements, a third of Gasoline Alley had burned four years earlier. Then came World War II and a four-year hiatus for the Indianapolis 500.
- Indiana U. challenges part of new abortion restrictions law Updated: May-25-16 7:01 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana University Board of Trustees and three of the school's research officials filed a federal lawsuit Wednesday seeking to block part of the state's new abortion law that bars them from acquiring fetal tissue for scientific purposes.
- Foyt still having fun as popular figure at Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-25-16 6:07 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A.J. Foyt has always enjoyed a good show.
- Indy 500 organizers announce sellout, lift TV blackout Updated: May-25-16 4:39 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - All tickets for Sunday's Indianapolis 500 have been sold and, for only the third time in history, local race fans will be able to watch the race live on television.
- Indy 500 champions choose the greatest rivalries of the race Updated: May-25-16 4:21 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Mario Andretti silently stewed as Bobby Unser celebrated winning the 1981 Indianapolis 500.