- 1984 Indiana governor candidate Wayne Townsend dies Updated: Jul-03-15 4:29 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Wayne Townsend, the 1984 Democratic nominee for Indiana governor who broke a barrier by picking a woman as his running mate, died Friday at age 89.
- Informant: House explosion suspect wanted witness killed Updated: Jul-02-15 3:56 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A man accused of causing a 2012 house explosion that killed an Indianapolis couple and heavily damaged a neighborhood tried to hire someone to kill a trial witness while in jail, an informant testified Thursday.
- More Indiana electronic highway signs to show travel times Updated: Jul-02-15 6:19 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The state highway department has added estimated travel times to seven electronic message boards along Indiana interstates ahead of the Fourth of July weekend.
- Retired military dogs find new purpose in US meth wars Updated: Jul-02-15 2:16 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Five retired military dogs that spent years working in war zones are putting their noses to new uses by helping police in the U.S. combat methamphetamine and other drugs.
- Muncie man charged in death of man missing since October Updated: Jul-01-15 10:02 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - Authorities say the body of a Muncie man missing since October has been found in Marion County and a suspect has been charged in the man's death.
- Congregants, protesters gather at Indiana Church of Cannabis Updated: Jul-01-15 6:46 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - More than 100 people packed a pot-smoking Indianapolis church for a music-filled service without their illegal sacrament Wednesday, days after authorities threatened arrests if the congregation lit up during the rites.
- Ritz proposes 1-year hold on lower A-F school grades Updated: Jul-01-15 6:10 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - State schools Superintendent Glenda Ritz asked the Indiana Board of Education on Wednesday to not give lower A-F performance grades to schools for a year because of an expected drop in student standardized test scores.
- Angie's List names COO Howell as its interim CEO Updated: Jul-01-15 11:29 am
NEW YORK - Service ratings site Angie's List on Wednesday named Chief Operating Officer J. Mark Howell as its interim CEO as it looks for a replacement for co-founder and longtime executive William Oesterle.
- Grand jury: No charges for Indianapolis officers in shooting Updated: Jul-01-15 8:12 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A grand jury has decided not to charge two Indianapolis police officers in the fatal shooting of a 36-year-old man following a traffic stop.
- Navistar closes Indianapolis foundry; 140 lose jobs Updated: Jul-01-15 8:12 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Truck and engine maker Navistar has shuttered its foundry in Indianapolis, leaving all but 20 of the remaining 160 employees without jobs.
- Butler choir group to sing with Rolling Stones at Speedway Updated: Jul-01-15 3:58 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Butler University Chorale will back up Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones during their concert Saturday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Community Health reaches $20 million overbilling settlement Updated: Jun-30-15 7:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - One of Indiana's largest health and hospital networks reached a $20.3 million settlement with the federal government to resolve allegations of overbilling the Medicaid and Medicare programs for surgeries, the U.S. attorney announced Tuesday.
- New laws on rape charges, slowpoke drivers taking effect Updated: Jun-30-15 5:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The religious objections law that sparked national threats to boycott Indiana is the most high-profile state statute taking effect Wednesday. But several dozen other laws - from enabling charges in older rape cases to targeting slow drivers - also are officially going on the books.
- Indiana narrows possible routes for final I-69 segment Updated: Jun-30-15 3:59 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - State highway officials have narrowed to five the possible routes of the final leg of the Evansville-to-Indianapolis Interstate 69 extension.
- Indiana looks to collect millions with tax amnesty period Updated: Jun-30-15 3:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's government is looking to collect some quick cash from delinquent taxpayers with a two-month tax amnesty period starting in September.
- Artifacts unearthed during construction in Indianapolis Updated: Jun-29-15 4:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Construction on a $20 million transit center in downtown Indianapolis has unearthed artifacts that offer a blueprint of prior development at the site, according to archeologists hired by the city.
- Man gives $100K to start fund for eastern Indiana hometown Updated: Jun-29-15 2:55 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Indiana - A man who moved away from his eastern Indiana hometown as a teenager has contributed $100,000 to start a new charitable fund for the community.
- Religious objections law to take effect months after uproar Updated: Jun-29-15 1:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The threats to boycott Indiana have faded since the uproar this spring over the state's religious objections law, which takes effect Wednesday. Yet, the law criticized as possible legal discrimination against gays and lesbians still troubles tourism efforts and looms over the state's politics.
- Founder says Church of Cannabis won't use pot at service Updated: Jun-29-15 1:32 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The founder of a pot-smoking Indianapolis church that was formed to test the state's new religious objections law says his congregants won't use marijuana at their first church service after authorities threatened arrests.
- Democratic state lawmaker won't make Indiana's US Senate bid Updated: Jun-29-15 1:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A state lawmaker considered a possible Democratic candidate for the U.S. Senate next year has decided against entering the race.
- Police: Unidentified man found dead on Indianapolis street Updated: Jun-28-15 12:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis police say a man has died following a suspected hit-and-run accident near the Broad Ripple entertainment district.
- 2 killed after crash on water-covered central Indiana road Updated: Jun-27-15 9:10 pm
NOBLESVILLE, Indiana - Authorities say a driver and a passenger died after a car went out of control after going into high water on a road in suburban Indianapolis.
- Crash, fire on Indianapolis highway kills Ohio woman Updated: Jun-27-15 1:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Authorities say an Ohio woman was killed in a semitrailer crash and fire that closed a section of Interstate 70 in downtown Indianapolis for several hours.
- Called-in threat holds up Delta flight at Indianapolis Updated: Jun-27-15 9:11 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis airport officials say an Atlanta-bound Delta flight was held for a couple hours after a threat was called in.
- Durham sentenced to 50 years again despite successful appeal Updated: Jun-26-15 4:39 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A federal judge has refused to reduce the 50-year prison sentence for a former Indianapolis businessman convicted of defrauding investors in an Ohio company of $200 million even though an appeals court threw out two of the 12 counts against him.