- High Court upholds felony charges in synthetic drug case Updated: Oct-09-15 2:57 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Supreme Court has upheld the felony charges against an Indianapolis business owner accused of selling synthetic drugs.
- Indiana U. fraternity charter revoked over explicit video Updated: Oct-08-15 6:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Alpha Tau Omega revoked the charter and closed its Indiana University chapter Thursday following the release of a video purportedly showing a fraternity member performing a sex act on a woman.
- BMV: Reforms underway but will take years to complete Updated: Oct-08-15 6:15 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Significant reforms are underway at the troubled Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles, officials said Thursday, but noted those will likely take several years to carry out and won't come from "quick fixes" to the agency, which in recent years has overcharged motorists millions of dollars in fees.
- When grave robbers prowled Indianapolis Updated: Oct-08-15 5:01 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Grave robbing, body snatching, call it what you will: It happened, and it had to happen - not to satisfy the urges of sickos (not entirely, anyway) but because medical students in order to study human bodies needed human bodies.
- Purdue seeks leader for its newly formed charter high school Updated: Oct-08-15 4:00 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Purdue University is searching for a leader to helm its new charter high school that will boast a science- and math-focused curriculum.
- Environmental group targets Indiana's right-to-farm laws Updated: Oct-07-15 5:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An environmental group is challenging the constitutionality of Indiana's right-to-farm laws on behalf of two rural families who say the stench wafting from a large hog farm west of Indianapolis is making their homes unlivable.
- 3 injured Colts stay behind, but Luck heads to Houston Updated: Oct-07-15 4:20 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Colts quarterback Andrew Luck made the trip to Houston but three of his teammates stayed home.
- Pacers add rookie Kadeem Jack to training camp roster Updated: Oct-07-15 2:14 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Pacers signed former Rutgers start Kadeem Jack on Wednesday.
- With Luck hurting, Hasselbeck ill, Colts re-sign quarterback Updated: Oct-07-15 12:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Colts re-signed quarterback Josh Johnson on Wednesday as Andrew Luck recovers from an injured right shoulder.
- Correction: Indianapolis Deadly Crash story Updated: Oct-07-15 11:58 am
INDIANAPOLIS - In a story Oct. 6 about a deadly traffic accident in Indianapolis, The Associated Press, relying on information from the Marion County coroner's office, reported erroneously that an adult and two children had died. The coroner's office says an adult and a 5-year-old child died, but that 12-year-old Sandile Ncube was alive and on a ventilator as of Wednesday morning.
- Investor-owned gas utilities forecast lower hearing bills Updated: Oct-06-15 5:50 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Three major Indiana investor-owned natural gas utilities are projecting significantly lower heating bills this winter as long as the weather is normal
- Luck again does limited work in Indianapolis' practice Updated: Oct-06-15 5:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Andrew Luck is rested, ready and eager to play Thursday night at Houston.
- Indianapolis man gets 60 years in killing of his 2nd wife Updated: Oct-06-15 8:48 am
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis man convicted two decades ago in his first wife's killing has received a 60-year sentence in his second wife's slaying.
- Luck limited at practice, uncertain for game at Houston Updated: Oct-05-15 9:00 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Andrew Luck's prognosis for Thursday night's game is still under wraps, and that's how the Colts plan to keep it.
- Stadium officials act to correct locker room issue in Indy Updated: Oct-05-15 6:55 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Lucas Oil Stadium officials say they have made sure a locker room access mistake following Sunday's game in Indianapolis won't be repeated.
- Rolls-Royce plans $600 million upgrade of Indianapolis plant Updated: Oct-05-15 3:03 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Rolls-Royce announced plans Monday to spend $600 million over the next five years to modernize a decades-old Indianapolis factory complex where it builds aircraft engines.
- Police: 2 teens found shot dead in vehicle in Indianapolis Updated: Oct-05-15 9:41 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis police say two females were found shot dead in a vehicle.
- University of Indianapolis announces $50M fundraising effort Updated: Oct-05-15 8:21 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The University of Indianapolis has announced a $50 million fundraising campaign along with a new poverty research institute.
- $20M overhaul eyed for downtown Indianapolis mall Updated: Oct-05-15 8:21 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A proposed $20 million renovation of Circle Centre mall in downtown Indianapolis aims to modernize its look and add nonretail uses, including a potential residential tower.
- New Indianapolis court aims to help struggling veterans Updated: Oct-03-15 3:59 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A newly created Marion County court branch will handle cases involving troubled veterans who may be having difficulty adapting to civilian life.
- Death row inmate at 16, later freed, she can't escape past Updated: Oct-03-15 12:21 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - She was determined to make good on her second chance, to become a profile of redemption. A death row inmate at 16, Paula Cooper had won a reprieve and tried to rebuild her life.
- 2 Indiana women mauled by pack of dogs, 1 critically injured Updated: Oct-02-15 5:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Two young women mauled by a pack of dogs as they were taking an evening walk may not have survived if a motorist who noticed their ordeal had not driven into a remote field to rescue them, a northern Indiana sheriff said Friday.
- Police: 2 dead in fiery Indianapolis car crash Updated: Oct-02-15 7:20 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Police say two people are dead in Indianapolis after a motorist fleeing police crashed a car into a pole.
- Attorney: Teen who died in police custody was kept on back Updated: Oct-01-15 5:35 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A teenage shoplifting suspect who died in Indianapolis police custody was forced to lie on his back for nearly 40 minutes after he was cuffed with his hands behind him, leaving the overweight, exhausted teen in distress and unable to breathe properly, the attorney for his family said Thursday.
- Police arrest man in fatal shooting at Greenwood restaurant Updated: Oct-01-15 5:18 pm
GREENWOOD, Indiana - Police say they've arrested a man in connection with the fatal shooting of a suburban Indianapolis restaurant cook as he arrived for work.