- Obama honoring Streisand, Spielberg, Yogi Berra and more Updated: Nov-24-15 10:54 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama recognized 17 Americans with the nation's highest civilian award on Tuesday, including the first African-American woman elected to Congress, one of the greatest catchers in baseball history and a "Funny Girl."
- Work could start next year on $60M development in Carmel Updated: Nov-23-15 12:14 pm
CARMEL, Indiana - Work could begin as early as next year on a $60 million redevelopment project in the Indianapolis suburb of Carmel that includes a 224-unit apartment complex and office and retail space.
- Indiana man gets 24 years for abuse of granddaughter Updated: Nov-20-15 4:50 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - An Anderson man has been sentenced to 24 years in prison for abusing his 15-year-old granddaughter, who authorities say was brought to a central Indiana hospital weighing only about 40 pounds.
- 'Beautiful sparkle': Retinal implant helps man see again Updated: Nov-20-15 4:06 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - As Heidi Smith entered her parents' house for a visit one recent weekend, she saw her father, Steve Smith, standing at the end of the hall, his futuristic black glasses trained on her.
- Correction: Lawnmower Death story Updated: Nov-20-15 11:46 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - In a story Nov. 19 about the death of a 12-year-old girl reportedly run over by a lawnmower, The Associated Press reported erroneously that a judge signed a court order removing her from life support. The court didn't issue the order. Adds comment from the defense attorney.
- Trailer ready to help Indiana pets after natural disasters Updated: Nov-18-15 2:10 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - When Kellie Borgman, president and co-owner of Friends for Paws, took supplies to southern Indiana after major tornadoes and flooding a few years ago, she didn't see any animals for the first three or four days.
- Auto parts supplier breaks ground on factory in Anderson Updated: Nov-18-15 11:58 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - An auto parts supplier has broken ground on a new manufacturing plant in Anderson that would create as many as 510 jobs.
- Father sentenced to 20 years in child neglect case Updated: Nov-17-15 8:08 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - A central Indiana man was sentenced to 20 years in prison for allowing his 2-year-old twins to become severely malnourished.
- No. 15 Hoosiers cruise past Eastern Illinois 88-49 in opener Updated: Nov-14-15 1:43 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - No. 15 Indiana got off to a perfect start Friday night.
- Stolen baby-murder trial won't be moved to Lake County Updated: Nov-12-15 5:52 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - A judge has denied a defense request to move a Gary woman's trial for allegedly killing an Anderson woman and trying to pass off the victim's baby as her own.
- Commission sanctions 2 at Anderson horse racing track Updated: Nov-11-15 12:22 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - The Indiana Horse Racing Commission has fined a Hoosier Park Racing and Casino horse trainer and reached a settlement with a driver in a disciplinary case at the Anderson track.
- Bronze statue planned for 1940s Anderson hoops star Wilson Updated: Nov-11-15 11:40 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - The star of Anderson High School's 1946 state championship basketball team is being honored with a 9-foot tall bronze statue that will be placed at the school's main entrance.
- Reservoir proposal low on Indianapolis' future water needs Updated: Nov-07-15 11:27 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The utility that provides much of the Indianapolis metropolitan area's drinking water says it'll take another 275 million gallons of water every day to satisfy the heavily populated region's thirst a century from now.
- Indiana man removed from sex offender registries in 2 states Updated: Nov-05-15 4:44 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - A 20-year-old Indiana man sentenced to two years' probation for having consensual sex with a 14-year-old Michigan girl who lied about her age has been taken off sex offender registries in both states, and his lawyer said he is seeking to modify some terms of his probation.
- Report: Anderson police see fewer use-of-force incidents Updated: Nov-02-15 7:52 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - A report by the Anderson Police Department shows the number of incidents resulting in use of force has decreased by about 45 percent since 2011.