- Louisiana editorial roundup Updated: Aug-26-15 3:38 pm
Recent editorials from Louisiana newspapers:
- Longtime supporter endows 2 new scholarships at Centenary Updated: Aug-25-15 3:08 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - A longtime supporter of Centenary College has established two new endowed scholarships - the William Walter Nolan Memorial Endowed Scholarship and the John Charles Nolan Endowed Scholarship.
- No policy change expected in wake of officer slaying Updated: Aug-23-15 4:13 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport Police Officers Association president Michael Carter says the Aug. 5 death of Officer Thomas LaValley shows the department should assign two officers to each patrol car.
- 2 women arrested for stealing from 96-year-old woman Updated: Aug-22-15 11:08 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Two women are in custody, accused of stealing $400,000 from the bank account of a 96-year-old woman.
- SBA keeps center open a bit longer for Red River flooding Updated: Aug-20-15 4:08 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The Small Business Administration is keeping open a bit longer a center handling disaster loans related to Red River flooding.
- 2 years later, tractor stolen from chimp sanctuary recovered Updated: Aug-19-15 4:13 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - A former employee of a northwest Louisiana chimpanzee sanctuary has been arrested in connection with the disappearance of a tractor in 2013.
- Police: Man shot by state trooper, deputy in Louisiana Updated: Aug-13-15 1:04 pm
FARMERVILLE, Louisiana - Police say a 30-year-old man is in serious condition after he was shot by a state trooper and a deputy in Louisiana.
- 4 Tensas Parish inmates captured after escape Updated: Aug-11-15 8:01 pm
WATERPROOF, Louisiana - Four inmates who escaped the Tensas Parish Detention Center are back in custody.
- Elm Grove woman admits stealing dead mother's benefits Updated: Aug-11-15 4:12 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - An Elm Grove woman has pleaded guilty to stealing more than $36,000 worth of worker's compensation benefits that were in her deceased mother's name.
- Bossier City man gets 10 months for bankruptcy fraud Updated: Aug-09-15 4:20 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Federal prosecutors say a Bossier City man has been sentenced to 10 months in prison for hiding his business assets during bankruptcy proceedings.
- Man charged with shooting police officer held without bond Updated: Aug-07-15 6:49 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - A grand jury will hear evidence in the fall against the man accused of killing a police officer in the northwest Louisiana city of Shreveport, prosecutors said during a brief hearing Friday.
- The Latest: Suspect in custody in Louisiana police shooting Updated: Aug-06-15 6:10 pm
The latest on the killing of an on-duty Shreveport police officer (all times local):
- Shreveport police investigate attempted bank robbery Updated: Aug-05-15 8:47 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Police are searching for a man who tried to rob a Shreveport bank.
- Shreveport man arrested in exploitation case Updated: Aug-02-15 11:23 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Caddo Parish authorities say a Shreveport man has been arrested for exploitation of the infirmed for allegedly stealing from his 86-year-old mother.
- Shreveport woman gets 1 year for stealing federal benefits Updated: Aug-01-15 4:13 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Federal prosecutors say a Shreveport woman has been sentenced to a year and a day in prison for stealing more than $39,000 in Social Security benefits.
- Shreveport woman dies in Caddo Parish crash Updated: Jul-31-15 11:43 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Caddo Parish sheriff's deputies are investigating a traffic crash that claimed the life of a 22-year-old Shreveport woman.
- Hospital manager offers rebuttal to LSU mismanagement claims Updated: Jul-30-15 4:59 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The foundation that manages LSU's Shreveport and Monroe hospitals under a privatization deal says it has sought to bring in an outside mediator to work out disputes with LSU, but the university has rejected the effort.
- FEMA extends flood insurance claim deadline Updated: Jul-29-15 12:52 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has extended its filing deadline for Louisiana policyholders impacted by recent Red River flooding.
- Judge sentences Bossier City tax preparer for fraud Updated: Jul-29-15 8:58 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - A 55-year-old Bossier City woman has been sentenced to 21 months in prison for making and filing a false tax return.