- Shreveport woman gets 1 year for stealing federal benefits Updated: Aug-01-15 4:13 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Federal prosecutors say a Shreveport woman has been sentenced to a year and a day in prison for stealing more than $39,000 in Social Security benefits.
- Shreveport woman dies in Caddo Parish crash Updated: Jul-31-15 11:43 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Caddo Parish sheriff's deputies are investigating a traffic crash that claimed the life of a 22-year-old Shreveport woman.
- Hospital manager offers rebuttal to LSU mismanagement claims Updated: Jul-30-15 4:59 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The foundation that manages LSU's Shreveport and Monroe hospitals under a privatization deal says it has sought to bring in an outside mediator to work out disputes with LSU, but the university has rejected the effort.
- FEMA extends flood insurance claim deadline Updated: Jul-29-15 12:52 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has extended its filing deadline for Louisiana policyholders impacted by recent Red River flooding.
- Judge sentences Bossier City tax preparer for fraud Updated: Jul-29-15 8:58 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - A 55-year-old Bossier City woman has been sentenced to 21 months in prison for making and filing a false tax return.
- Bossier woman pleads guilty in theft of dead mom's benefits Updated: Jul-25-15 6:20 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - A Bossier City woman has pleaded guilty to taking more than $90,000 that was meant for her deceased mother.
- Big 303-ton load reaches Eastman Chemical site in Longview Updated: Jul-23-15 3:46 pm
LONGVIEW, Texas - The biggest shipment ever received at the Port of Caddo-Bossier in Louisiana has reached its destination - a chemical plant in East Texas.
- Man jailed for having gun at La. military recruiting office Updated: Jul-22-15 2:32 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Police in Shreveport say a man has been arrested after bringing an unloaded handgun to a military recruiting station.
- NW La port's biggest shipment on road to Texas at 1 mph Updated: Jul-19-15 6:49 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The biggest shipment ever received at the Port of Caddo-Bossier is crawling from Shreveport to Longview, Texas, at about 1 mile an hour.
- Computer pros volunteer to teach girls how to program Updated: Jul-18-15 11:38 am
NEW ORLEANS - When organizers of a summer camp that includes a number of disadvantaged high-school girls asked about career plans, none of the girls talked about computer programming - work that pays well and has a shortage of women.
- LSU hospital manager slaps competitor with federal lawsuit Updated: Jul-16-15 5:48 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The operator of LSU's Shreveport hospital sued its regional competitor Thursday, accusing it of violating federal antitrust laws and trying to take away university-affiliated doctors and paying patients.
- Independence Bowl's new title sponsor, Camping World Updated: Jul-16-15 4:15 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The Independence Bowl Foundation has named Camping World as the title sponsor of the Independence Bowl.
- Shreveport mayor unveils detailed plans for city Updated: Jul-15-15 1:44 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport Mayor Ollie Tyler has revealed, in writing, how her administration intends to work toward providing a safe and thriving city with opportunities for every citizen over the next four years.
- 2 drug probes, 14 arrests in Caddo Parish, Shreveport Updated: Jul-15-15 4:08 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Caddo Parish Sheriff Steve Prator and Shreveport Police Chief Willie Shaw say two drug investigations brought 14 arrests.
- Shreveport mayor names new public works director Updated: Jul-14-15 10:46 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport Mayor Ollie Tyler has selected Dwan Gilliom as the city's next public works director.
- LDWF numbers show Louisiana's anglers may be aging Updated: Jul-14-15 10:27 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Across the Sportsman's Paradise it's not unusual to see the bumper sticker, "A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work," on the back of a pickup.
- Teen dies following overnight stabbing in Shreveport Updated: Jul-14-15 10:05 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport police are investigating the stabbing death of a teenager, and a suspect is in custody.
- Red River official: up to $3.5M to clear silt from floods Updated: Jul-13-15 11:06 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - An official says the Red River Waterway Commission may have to pay up to $3.5 million to clear silt deposited by this year's floods.
- Shreveport's former GM plant might house spinning mill Updated: Jul-12-15 7:23 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - A textile company that once planned a $130 million mill in Bunkie is now considering a mill in the former General Motors plant in Shreveport.
- Caddo public defender cuts budget Updated: Jul-11-15 6:19 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The Caddo Parish public defender's office is cutting its budget, in part because revenues from traffic tickets remain down.
- Virginia Shehee, ex-state senator from Shreveport, dies Updated: Jul-07-15 8:01 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport businesswoman and philanthropist Virginia Kilpatrick Shehee, who was also a former state senator, has died after a long illness.
- Centenary softball coach to head Bossier Parish program Updated: Jul-07-15 4:08 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Centenary softball coach Amanda Nordberg has been named head coach at Bossier Parish Community College.
- 8 wounded in Shreveport gunfight early Sunday between groups Updated: Jul-05-15 5:34 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport police say a gunfight between two groups outside a gas station wounded eight people.