- School funding creates divide in attorney general's race Updated: May-28-16 12:27 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The battle in Pennsylvania over school funding could take on a new dimension.
- Child endangerment charges dropped against ex-radio host Updated: May-27-16 1:09 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Prosecutors have dropped charges against a former radio host who police say was caring for her infant daughter when she suffered a skull fracture.
- Ukrainian who posed as student faces federal fraud charges Updated: May-25-16 3:41 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Ukrainian man accused of faking his name and age while attending a central Pennsylvania high school and having sex with an underage girl is now facing federal passport fraud and social security fraud charges.
- Teen pleads not guilty to threat against military personnel Updated: May-24-16 6:47 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A teenager accused earlier of trying to assist the Islamic State group has pleaded not guilty to accusations he tweeted out the names and addresses of military personnel with threats of violence.
- DEP official's private email had urged groups for 'pushback' Updated: May-23-16 6:36 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - In an email that precipitated his resignation, Gov. Tom Wolf's environmental protection secretary criticized environmental advocates for a lack of "pushback" against certain bills and said they were "without influence."
- Girl barred from prom for wearing suit has her prom night Updated: May-22-16 5:26 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania high school student barred from attending prom at her Catholic high school because she wore a suit rather than a dress has had her prom night - at a different school.
- Winners announced in 2015 PAPME contest Updated: May-20-16 11:52 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Patriot-News and the Erie Times-News won sweepstakes awards Friday at the Pennsylvania Associated Press Managing Editors' annual banquet.
- Winners announced in 2015 PAPBA contest Updated: May-20-16 9:03 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Four radio and television stations were honored with the Joe Snyder Award for Outstanding News Service on Friday at the Pennsylvania Associated Press Broadcasters Association's annual awards banquet.
- Effort to decriminalize pot in Harrisburg hits road block Updated: May-18-16 11:21 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - An effort to decriminalize marijuana in Pennsylvania's capitol city has hit a road block.
- News groups seek to unseal court records in Penn State case Updated: May-18-16 1:57 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Two news organizations asked a Pennsylvania judge on Tuesday to unseal records in the pending criminal case against three former Penn State administrators over their handling of complaints about Jerry Sandusky, who was convicted of child sexual abuse.
- Pennsylvania man pleads guilty in 2015 overdose death Updated: May-17-16 1:49 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania man has pleaded guilty to distributing heroin and crack cocaine that led to the overdose death of a 26-year-old man in January 2015.
- Pennsylvania Excel Homes plant closed, idling 280 workers Updated: May-17-16 9:40 am
LIVERPOOL, Pennsylvania - A modular homes company has filed for bankruptcy and is closing its plant in central Pennsylvania, idling 280 workers.
- Police plan news conference on Pennsylvania woman's slaying Updated: May-17-16 8:08 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Police have arrested a man on charges he killed a mother of five who was found in her central Pennsylvania apartment with a bicycle chain wrapped around her neck.
- Ex-mayor of Pennsylvania capital gets most charges dismissed Updated: May-16-16 4:09 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Former Harrisburg Mayor Stephen Reed won the dismissal of 305 of the 449 charges against him Monday in a case in which prosecutors accused Reed of illegally spending public money to buy thousands of artifacts for museums that were never built.
- Toomey's balancing act: Win over moderates, deal with Trump Updated: May-14-16 1:11 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Republican Sen. Pat Toomey already had the political balancing act of winning over middle-of-the-road voters in his quest for a second term in moderate Pennsylvania.
- DA says convicted child molester kills self before sentence Updated: May-13-16 8:41 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania prosecutor says a convicted child molester fatally shot himself the day he was to be sentenced.
- Harrisburg officer accused of theft appealing termination Updated: May-13-16 6:27 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania police officer has been fired more than two years after she was accused of stealing thousands of dollars from a group dedicated to helping children.
- Repeat sex offender admits he had child porn, gets life term Updated: May-13-16 3:46 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania judge has sentenced a repeat sex offender to serve a life term under the state's three strikes law, calling him depraved and a danger to others - particularly children.
- Regulators try again to block Hershey-PinnacleHealth merger Updated: May-11-16 4:05 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Federal and state regulators are making another effort to block a merger between PinnacleHealth System and Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Updated: May-11-16 10:52 am
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
- Hearing set for man accused of killing police chief's nephew Updated: May-11-16 8:55 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A preliminary hearing is set for the man accused of fatally shooting the nephew of Harrisburg's police chief.
- The Latest: Ex-Rendell aide to pleads guilty in FBI sting Updated: May-10-16 12:12 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on a onetime top aide to former Democratic Gov. Ed Rendell pleading guilty in an FBI sting investigating public corruption in Pennsylvania.
- State trooper headed to trial in beating of skateboarder Updated: May-10-16 3:40 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A suspended Pennsylvania state trooper is headed to trial on charges he beat a skateboarder who says he was attacked after making an obscene hand gesture.
- Pennsylvania FBI sting: Prelude to more corruption arrests? Updated: May-08-16 9:51 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The FBI's approach to a campaign cash sting that snared a onetime top aide to former Pennsylvania Democratic Gov. Ed Rendell suggests that it is a prelude to more public corruption arrests, former federal prosecutors say.
- The Latest: School says prom dress code sent out months ago Updated: May-07-16 9:41 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on a Pennsylvania high school student who was barred from attending her prom because she wore a suit rather than a dress (all times local):