- Male mentors to greet kids coming back to Kalamazoo school Updated: Sep-03-15 2:43 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - An organization is planning for 100 fathers and male mentors to line the sidewalks at a Kalamazoo elementary school next week as children start the academic year.
- Triumph the horse returning to Waldo Stadium with new rider Updated: Sep-02-15 1:19 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A new rider is taking the reins of Triumph the horse as he continues to lead Western Michigan University's football team onto the field for home games at Waldo Stadium.
- Authorities look at weariness as possible fatal crash cause Updated: Sep-02-15 6:56 am
SOUTH HAVEN, Michigan - Authorities are looking at weariness as a possible cause of a car crash in southwestern Michigan that killed two young women.
- Massive white oak tree spared trimming by power company Updated: Aug-28-15 3:46 am
BLOOMINGDALE, Michigan - A massive white oak tree in southwest Michigan has been spared trimming that an expert says would have likely made it lose its state "champion" status.
- Prosecutor: No charges for threats at Kalamazoo College Updated: Aug-21-15 3:53 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Southwestern Michigan authorities say they cannot conclusively identify the person or people responsible for online threats to Kalamazoo College faculty members.
- Michigan folk art comes alive in wooden fish decoys Updated: Aug-20-15 5:36 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Craig "Curly" Spink swirls a hand-made jig above a water-filled 15-gallon galvanized steel tub in his Kalamazoo back yard, tugging and relaxing the line attached to a wooded fish decoy he carved and painted. He's trying to make it swim as realistically as possible.
- Charges possible after man takes selfies, damages police car Updated: Aug-19-15 7:04 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Police in Michigan say a man who damaged a parked police cruiser while taking selfies on the unoccupied vehicle is remorseful but still could face charges.
- Massive launch of sky lanterns planned at Kalamazoo Speedway Updated: Aug-19-15 6:40 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A massive launch of sky lanterns is planned during an event at the Kalamazoo Speedway.
- Death on boat linked to leak in generator's exhaust Updated: Aug-19-15 5:29 am
BENTON HARBOR, Michigan - Officials say a leak in a generator's exhaust left one person dead and others sickened by carbon monoxide aboard a boat in Lake Michigan.
- Kalamazoo museum collection goes online for 24-7 viewing Updated: Aug-19-15 4:13 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - The Kalamazoo Valley Museum is a treasure trove of Kalamazoo history. There you can find toys, clothing, art, household objects and political memorabilia. Each object capturing a particular moment in time in Kalamazoo.
- $8.2M organic egg farm under construction in Allegan County Updated: Aug-19-15 2:43 am
OTSEGO TOWNSHIP, Michigan - An organic egg farm that's set to house 480,000 hens is under construction in western Michigan's Allegan County.
- Boy, 12, charged in accidental shooting death of woman Updated: Aug-18-15 4:01 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A 12-year-old Western Michigan boy has been charged with careless discharge of a firearm causing death in the accidental shooting of a 28-year-old family friend.
- Michigan slaying suspect arrested by US marshals in Vegas Updated: Aug-18-15 2:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a 26-year-old suspect in a slaying in Kalamazoo, Michigan, is in custody in Las Vegas after U.S. marshals found him walking out of a drug store in Las Vegas.
- Paul Clements plans to run again for Congress in 2016 Updated: Aug-12-15 7:09 am
KALAMZOO, Michigan - Western Michigan University political science professor Paul Clements says he plans to run again for Congress in 2016.
- World War II veteran touches down in B-24 bomber amid tour Updated: Aug-06-15 6:59 am
PORTAGE, Michigan - A World War II veteran who commanded a B-24 bomber over Europe got the chance to ride in one of the planes as part of a vintage aircraft tour.
- Authorities: Woman dies after crash involving riding mower Updated: Aug-05-15 11:14 am
ROSS TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a 59-year-old woman has died after the riding lawnmower she was on was struck by a vehicle in Kalamazoo County.