- Trucker driving erratically in 2 states finally stopped Updated: May-27-16 8:42 pm
STEVENSVILLE, Michigan - Michigan State Police say a trucker drove recklessly for nearly 50 miles in two states before a trooper slowed the vehicle down with a gunshot at a tire.
- Winners announced in Michigan APME newspaper contest Updated: May-22-16 2:12 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Newspapers in Detroit, Flint and Greenville were named the best in the state Sunday in the annual Michigan Associated Press Media Editors newspaper competition.
- Fundraiser held for victims of Kalamazoo-area shootings Updated: May-21-16 2:58 pm
PORTAGE, Michigan - Hundreds of people gathered for a motorcycle riding event to raise money for relatives of victims and survivors of the Kalamazoo-area mass shootings.
- Man charged with killing 6 in Michigan to face trial Updated: May-20-16 7:33 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A man charged with killing six strangers in between picking up riders for Uber will go to trial, a Michigan judge said Friday after listening to a dozen witnesses, including a survivor of the random shootings who said it's his face she sees in her sleep each night.
- Kalamazoo Symphony faces unfair labor practice charge Updated: May-20-16 3:58 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - The union representing Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra musicians claims the orchestra didn't bargain in good faith during recent contract negotiations and blind-sided them with plans to change concert rehearsal schedules.
- The Latest: Michigan man to face trial in shootings; 6 died Updated: May-20-16 3:36 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - The Latest on a court hearing to determine if Jason Dalton goes to trial for the fatal shootings of six people in Michigan (all times local):
- Western Michigan city's beaches get new swimmer safety flags Updated: May-19-16 8:13 am
SOUTH HAVEN, Michigan - New flags for swimmer safety are being used on a western Michigan city's beaches that are meant to help clarify conditions, including for the colorblind.
- Study planned of deadly rampage in southwestern Michigan Updated: May-18-16 10:18 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A nonprofit organization plans to analyze a deadly rampage in southwestern Michigan and law enforcement's response as part of a $65,000 study.
- Brother of man killed by police sentenced for role in chase Updated: May-16-16 12:01 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - The brother of a man who was fatally shot by police in southwestern Michigan has been sentenced to two years in prison for his role in fleeing officers before the shooting.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of Benton Harbor student Updated: May-13-16 4:38 pm
BENTON HARBOR, Michigan - A man has been charged with murder in the fatal shooting of a Benton Harbor student whose body was found by a bus driver.
- Newell Brands moving Atlanta headquarters to New Jersey Updated: May-13-16 11:35 am
ATLANTA - Newell Brands Inc. is moving its global headquarters from Atlanta to New Jersey.
- State inspector seen golfing on public time pleads guilty Updated: May-12-16 8:07 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A state elevator inspector accused of playing golf while on the clock has pleaded guilty to false pretenses and must pay more than $11,000 in restitution.
- Jogger killed near Kalamazoo was a local college student Updated: May-12-16 5:01 pm
OSHTEMO TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A jogger who was struck and killed by an SUV near Kalamazoo was a 21-year-old student at Western Michigan University.
- Conference in Kalamazoo focusing on all things medieval Updated: May-11-16 9:02 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Pop culture touchstones such as the works of J.R.R. Tolkien and George R.R. Martin's "Game of Thrones" will fit alongside the Black Death, Muslim migrants, magic, mapmaking and many other topics at a southwestern Michigan conference focusing on the Middle Ages.
- Family seeks details after death of man in police custody Updated: May-11-16 10:52 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Family members of a 57-year-old man who died while in police custody after being removed from a Kalamazoo hospital and taken to jail want more information from authorities about the death.
- House OKs shooter alert for phones after Kalamazoo shootings Updated: May-10-16 5:45 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Police would be authorized to send cellphone alerts to warn about a mass shooter under a package of legislation the Michigan House approved Tuesday that was motivated by the Kalamazoo-area shootings.
- Battle Creek firefighters get permanent training structure Updated: May-06-16 4:02 pm
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - The Battle Creek Fire Department has begun using its new training structure donated by the Calhoun County Land Bank Authority.
- Voters in Kalamazoo County approve renewal of transit tax Updated: May-04-16 5:24 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Voters in Kalamazoo County have approved a five-year renewal of a millage that will fund public transit through 2021.
- Voters reject proposal for small village to be dissolved Updated: May-04-16 1:46 am
RICHLAND, Michigan - Voters have rejected a proposal for a small village near Kalamazoo to be dissolved.
- Long prison term for man who hatched sex crime behind bars Updated: May-03-16 4:44 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A man accused of trying to arrange sex with a mentally disabled teen when he was in a state prison has been sentenced to 33 years in federal prison.
- Michigan artist's baseball painting sells for $48K Updated: May-03-16 4:04 pm
PLAINWELL, Michigan - A 100-year-old baseball painting by Plainwell native commercial artist Fletcher Ransom recently sold for $48,000 at an auction.