- Flooding along River Raisin leaves roads, parks swamped Updated: Jun-30-15 7:18 am
DUNDEE, Michigan - Flooding along the River Raisin in Monroe County has left some roads and parks swamped as officials urge area residents to take precautions.
- Unrelenting rain leads to more flooding in Midwest Updated: Jun-29-15 4:07 pm
ST. LOUIS - A wet June turned worse after strong weekend storms drenched the Midwest, adding to concern that already-serious flooding won't go away anytime soon.
- 8 kayakers, canoeists capsize in fast-moving Kalamazoo River Updated: Jun-28-15 7:08 pm
PLAINWELL, Michigan - Authorities are warning kayakers and canoeists about the dangers of paddling in western Michigan's rain-swollen Kalamazoo River, where at least eight boaters overturned within a few hours.
- Seymour retiree's painted barn quilts getting noticed Updated: Jun-28-15 3:10 pm
SEYMOUR, Indiana - A 75-year-old Seymour man spent the better part of his life working with tools and machinery.
- Catfish get stuck in yards after heavy rains in Michigan Updated: Jun-26-15 10:55 am
GUN PLAIN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Heavy rains that caused a pond to overflow left hundreds of catfish stranded in yards in southwestern Michigan.
- Researchers: Higher graduation rates follow tuition program Updated: Jun-25-15 6:07 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Researchers say an anonymously funded free college tuition program for high school graduates of the Kalamazoo Public Schools has helped increase college graduation rates.
- Deer Forest, once popular family attraction, up for auction Updated: Jun-23-15 9:52 am
COLOMA, Michigan - A once-popular family attraction in southwestern Michigan is up for auction after it didn't open this year.
- Police identify man, 58, struck, killed by Amtrak train Updated: Jun-19-15 11:10 am
MATTAWAN, Michigan - Police have released the name of a man who was struck and killed by an Amtrak train in southwestern Michigan.
- Michigan vigils held to mourn victims of Charleston shooting Updated: Jun-19-15 7:04 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Michigan vigils are being held to honor the nine people killed by a gunman at a historic black church in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Archbishop: Pope's environmental manifesto 'moment of grace' Updated: Jun-18-15 12:03 pm
DETROIT - Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron says Pope Francis' environmental manifesto is a "moment of grace" for the Roman Catholic church and the world.
- Sheriff's deputy charged with drunken driving after crash Updated: Jun-16-15 5:18 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Prosecutors in western Michigan have charged a Calhoun County sheriff's deputy with drunken driving and attempted resisting and obstructing police.
- Kalamazoo agrees to sell Eastern Hills Golf Course for $2.2M Updated: Jun-16-15 10:27 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - The Kalamazoo City Commission has agreed to sell Eastern Hills Golf Course for $2.2 million to a buyer with plans to redevelop the site into commercial and residential properties.
- Couple decorates German POW graves at Fort Custer Updated: Jun-16-15 5:50 am
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - Thirty-one years ago on Memorial Day, Phil Rolffs decorated his father's grave at Fort Custer National Cemetery and noticed the barren resting places of 26 German prisoners of war.
- 2 Kalamazoo College grads were friends as kids in Thailand Updated: Jun-14-15 5:49 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Two women whose friendship began as children in Thailand recognized something when they attended college in Michigan: each other.
- Kalamazoo College to establish intercultural center Updated: Jun-12-15 1:38 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Kalamazoo College officials are working to fulfill students' request for an intercultural center on campus.
- Daughter of prosecutor fired from internship in his office Updated: Jun-10-15 12:30 pm
PAW PAW, Michigan - The daughter of a southwestern Michigan prosecutor has been dismissed from a summer internship in his office over nepotism concerns.
- Enbridge reaches 2nd deal over 2010 Michigan oil spill Updated: Jun-08-15 4:50 pm
MARSHALL, Michigan - A company responsible for a major oil spill in southwestern Michigan has reached an agreement with the federal government on environmental repairs, a month after a separate deal with the state.
- Bodies of 2 students found; presumed drowned while fishing Updated: Jun-04-15 10:52 am
LAWTON, Michigan - Authorities have recovered the bodies of two friends who apparently drowned while fishing in a lake in southwestern Michigan.
- Downtown distillery a labor of love for Kalamazoo natives Updated: Jun-04-15 4:13 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - For Nic Merrill, distilling is in his blood.
- Police: Hartford man hit by train while walking on tracks Updated: Jun-03-15 1:45 am
HARTFORD, Michigan - Police have identified a man who was struck and killed by a train in southwestern Michigan while walking on railroad tracks.
- Sisters arrested after raid on home of man killed by police Updated: Jun-01-15 7:29 pm
PORTAGE, Michigan - Western Michigan authorities have arrested two women during a raid on the home of a man killed by police two weeks earlier.