- Students get hands-on experience with Stryker mobile lab Updated: Nov-26-15 9:03 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Students at high and low levels got hands-on experience recently with some of the medical devices designed and produced by Kalamazoo-based medical technologies company Stryker Corp.
- $1M gift boosts communitywide education at Western Michigan Updated: Nov-24-15 11:09 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A $1 million gift from the Bernard Osher Foundation will support Western Michigan University's efforts to boost communitywide education with courses and trips.
- Western Michigan defeats Rochester (Mich) 85-73 Updated: Nov-23-15 9:29 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Kellen McCormick scored a career-high 31 points on 11-for-14 shooting to lead Western Michigan past Rochester College (Mich.) 85-73 Monday night.
- Police: Power struggle behind brawl at Sikh temple service Updated: Nov-23-15 5:04 pm
PORTAGE, Michigan - Police say a power struggle between two groups at a Sikh temple in southwestern Michigan led to a fight involving about 30 men and women.
- Sheriff makes change for shoplifters to go straight to jail Updated: Nov-19-15 5:32 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - The Kalamazoo County sheriff is making a change that allows police officers to take arrested shoplifting suspects straight to jail, rather than issue them citations.
- Haymond, Avery Jr. lead W. Michigan past San Diego 74-62 Updated: Nov-17-15 9:57 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Tucker Haymond scored 17 points and Anthony Avery Jr. had nine points and 12 rebounds to help Western Michigan beat San Diego 74-62 on Tuesday night.
- Michigan mushers train at Fort Custer Recreation Area Updated: Nov-13-15 5:45 am
AUGUSTA, Michigan - Katie Fritzler holds onto her wheeled rig as it is pulled through the leaves of the Fort Custer Recreation Area.
- Johnson, Greene lead Bowling Green by Western Michigan 41-27 Updated: Nov-12-15 12:06 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Matt Johnson threw three touchdown passes, Travis Greene ran for three scores and Bowling Green beat Western Michigan 41-27 on Wednesday night to wrap up its third consecutive Mid-American Conference East Division title
- Parades, other events held across Michigan for Veterans Day Updated: Nov-11-15 4:33 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Michigan is working to offer more support for those who served in the military and ease their transition to civilian life, Gov. Rick Snyder said in a Veterans Day statement Wednesday as parades and memorials were held around the state.
- Sister of man fatally shot by police sentenced to probation Updated: Nov-09-15 11:07 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A sister of a man who was fatally shot by police in southwestern Michigan has been sentenced to time-served and probation for her role in a standoff.
- Events mark 10 years of Kalamazoo Promise scholarships Updated: Nov-09-15 7:29 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Events this week are marking the 10th anniversary of the Kalamazoo Promise free-tuition program.
- Inspectors: Tough conditions for workers at state hospital Updated: Nov-08-15 5:07 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Inspectors are recommending a buddy system, more training and protective sleeves after finding "workplace violence" among employees who deal with patients at a state psychiatric hospital in Kalamazoo.
- Terrell, Western Michigan blow out Ball State 54-7 Updated: Nov-05-15 11:40 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Zach Terrell threw three touchdown passes to Corey Davis and Western Michigan had a school-record 711 yards of total offence in a 54-7 victory over Ball State on Thursday night.
- Michigan communities approve measures decriminalizing pot Updated: Nov-03-15 11:09 pm
KEEGO HARBOR, Michigan - Two Michigan communities have approved marijuana decriminalization proposals.