- Magnitude 4.2 earthquake hits Oregon, no damage reported Updated: Jul-04-15 2:41 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - Some Oregonians woke on the Fourth of July to a significant jolt when a magnitude 4.2 earthquake struck near Springfield and Eugene.
- Police identify men killed in Springfield murder-suicide Updated: Jul-04-15 2:08 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - Authorities have identified the shooter and the victim in what they are calling a murder-suicide at a Springfield apartment complex.
- Sheriff: Oregon man, suspected in parents' death, kills self Updated: Jul-03-15 1:43 am
EUGENE, Oregon - An Oregon man accused of murdering his parents and storing their bodies in a freezer has died in a hospital after a suicide attempt in his jail cell, authorities said.
- Springfield youth coach sentenced to prison for raping girl Updated: Jul-01-15 11:07 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A Springfield youth sports coach accused of raping a young girl has been sentenced to 34 years in prison.
- Oregon man accused of killing parents, found in freezer Updated: Jun-25-15 4:19 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A man was accused of killing his parents after their bodies were found in a freezer at their Oregon home by police who twice checked on them but were deterred by notes saying the family was away, authorities said Thursday.
- Roseburg Forest Products to move headquarters to Springfield Updated: Jun-25-15 6:14 am
ROSEBURG, Oregon - Roseburg Forest Products will relocate its headquarters to Springfield.
- Police find injured man at Springfield, Ore., house Updated: Jun-24-15 1:43 am
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - Police in Springfield, Oregon, say they found a man with minor injuries at a house where officers had been asked to check on the welfare of a female resident.
- Contractor to try to remove Ore. river root ball after 2 die Updated: Jun-23-15 11:44 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - A Lane County, Oregon, sheriff's spokeswoman says a contractor will try Wednesday to remove a root ball in the Willamette River that authorities say has been involved in two recent deaths.
- Man dies in paddle board accident on Ore.'s Willamette River Updated: Jun-19-15 9:56 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - A Lane County sheriff's spokeswoman says a 66-year-old Eugene man has died after a paddle boarding accident in the Willamette River near Springfield, Oregon.
- Oregon police dogs compete in contest of agility, speed Updated: Jun-14-15 5:26 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - Flex darted back and forth between a row of 5-foot-tall boxes spread across Springfield High School's football field, searching for a scent.
- 1 dies after boat overturns on Willamette River Updated: Jun-14-15 4:43 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - The Lane County sheriff's office says a man has died after his pontoon boat flipped over in the Willamette River in Springfield.
- Girls protest firing of Springfield High basketball coach Updated: Jun-12-15 10:10 am
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - Most of Springfield High School girls basketball team members took a break from their final exams Thursday afternoon to protest the school district's decision to fire their coach, Bill Wagner.
- Strange truck on Springfield streets is mapping, not spying Updated: Jun-07-15 1:41 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - No, the strange looking dark-gray vehicle, equipped with nearly two dozen cameras and being driven around the city, isn't from the National Security Agency or the FBI.