- Suspect sought in Olympia Woodland Trail stabbing Updated: Feb-11-16 4:43 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Authorities are looking for a stabbing suspect who seriously injured a man on the Olympia Woodland Trail.
- Shelton man accused of kidnapping, raping stranger Updated: Feb-09-16 1:13 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A 35-year-old Shelton man has been accused of kidnapping and raping a woman.
- Washington man arrested in Idaho after third police pursuit Updated: Feb-07-16 6:58 pm
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A man from Olympia, Washington, was arrested Sunday in Idaho after three police pursuits in seven hours.
- Corrections secretary resigns amid early release controversy Updated: Feb-06-16 10:52 pm
SEATTLE - Washington state Corrections Secretary Dan Pacholke resigned on Saturday amid a controversy over the early release of prisoners, telling a Republican senator he hoped his departure would satisfy the "need for blood."
- Reaction mixed on bill aimed at prosecuting police shootings Updated: Feb-03-16 7:57 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A bill that would make it easier to charge police officers with crimes for improper use of deadly force received its first public hearing Wednesday, drawing testimony from many who argued that it's too difficult to prosecute law enforcement for shooting people in Washington.
- Suit against Olympia School District cites hazing of student Updated: Jan-28-16 4:28 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - A lawsuit has been filed in federal court against the Olympia School District on behalf of a former student, alleging the district should have done more to protect him from a hazing ritual.
- Senate panel passes reversal of transgender bathroom rule Updated: Jan-27-16 10:55 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A bill that would eliminate Washington's new rule allowing transgender people to use bathrooms and locker rooms in public buildings consistent with their gender identity passed out of a Senate committee 4-3 Wednesday.
- House passes bill that would cut high school science test Updated: Jan-25-16 6:27 pm
SEATTLE - The Washington House has passed a bill Monday that would eliminate the need to pass a science test to graduate from high school.
- AG seeks fines against grocery group for 2013 election Updated: Jan-25-16 6:19 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Attorney General Bob Ferguson is asking a court to penalize the Grocery Manufacturers Association for violating the state's campaign finance laws during a 2013 campaign to defeat a measure that would have required labeling genetically engineered foods.
- Washington bill would require students to learn cursive Updated: Jan-25-16 6:01 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Lawmakers are considering a bill that would make the instruction of cursive writing mandatory in all Washington state schools.
- Poll: Support for raising the smoking age in Washington Updated: Jan-20-16 6:48 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Legislation that would raise Washington's smoking age to 21 has more support than keeping the legal age to buy tobacco at 18, according to a new poll released Wednesday.
- Minor injuries as school bus and car collide in Olympia Updated: Jan-20-16 12:13 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Olympia Police say six students aboard a school bus were taken to a local hospital with minor injuries following a collision involving the school bus and a car.
- Everett to consider settlement in bikini barista video case Updated: Jan-19-16 12:29 pm
EVERETT, Washington - An Olympia man may get a $45,000 check from the city of Everett to settle a case about public records requests for surveillance videos showing bikini baristas engaging in illegal activity.
- Washington, NOAA launch next step of shellfish initiative Updated: Jan-15-16 8:57 pm
SEATTLE - Gov. Jay Inslee on Friday renewed the state's commitment to protecting Washington's lucrative shellfish resources.
- Washington man gets prison time after bizarre arrest Updated: Jan-13-16 12:17 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A Washington man who behaved bizarrely during his July arrest has been sentenced to more than two years in prison.