- Agency: Stagnant, cold air and wood stoves equal pollution Updated: Nov-27-15 10:59 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - An Olympia area clean air agency is asking residents to voluntarily reduce their use of wood stoves because of stagnant, cold air is putting the region's air quality at risk.
- Supreme Court refuses to reconsider charter school decision Updated: Nov-19-15 8:33 pm
SEATTLE - A divided Washington Supreme Court ruled Thursday it will not reconsider its ruling striking down the state charter school law.
- Mother charged in toddler's death jailed until trial Updated: Nov-19-15 12:36 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The woman accused of leaving her 18-month-old son alone in a house where he died in a fire will remain in Thurston County jail until her trial.
- State budget outlook predicts shortfall in next cycle Updated: Nov-18-15 5:41 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state lawmakers are facing a projected budget shortfall of nearly $500 million for the next two-year budget ending in mid-2019, according to new numbers released Wednesday, not counting the expected financial obligation needed to increase funding for education as directed by the state Supreme Court.
- Mason County deputies find infant buried in yard Updated: Nov-11-15 8:27 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Mason County authorities are investigating after they say deputies found an infant buried in a backyard near Shelton.
- Ex-Olympia Farmers Market manager accused of theft Updated: Nov-06-15 5:02 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - The former manager of the Olympia Farmers Market is facing charges of theft after being accused of embezzling $159,000 from the market.
- Trial postponed for brothers shot by Olympia officer Updated: Nov-05-15 7:08 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Two men who were shot and injured by a Washington police officer are now preparing to stand trial for assault.
- 6th arrest made in drug-deal killing Updated: Nov-03-15 12:21 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Thurston County sheriff's detectives have made another arrest in the case of a drug sale that went bad and resulted in the death of a 19-year-old man.
- Toxic algae warning issued for 5 Thurston County lakes Updated: Nov-02-15 5:01 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Officials have issued health advisories for five lakes in Thurston County that have tested positive for high levels of toxic blue-green algae.