- Secretary of State could face tough test in re-election bid Updated: May-22-16 10:46 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Secretary of State Kim Wyman is the lone statewide elected Republican in Washington state, the latest in a line of GOP chief election officers who have held the office for the last 52 years.
- Olympia to consider local income tax to send kids to college Updated: May-18-16 11:43 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Olympia City Council is drafting an ordinance that would tax all city households to create a fund to send kids to college. The proposal would go before voters in November.
- Washington school districts that test for lead Updated: May-10-16 2:07 pm
SEATTLE - About 60 percent of Washington school districts that responded to an Associated Press request for information test their school drinking water for lead. That includes 28 districts that just started testing since the Tacoma school district announced it had found lead in the drinking water in some its buildings.
- Second ex-Olympia school bus driver accused of sex abuse Updated: May-09-16 12:52 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - A former Olympia School District bus driver has been arrested on charges of child rape and molestation in connection with the alleged assault of a 10-year-old boy.
- Toxic Algae found at Pattison Lake Updated: May-07-16 1:29 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Thurston County health officials are warning people and pets to stay away from Pattison Lake.
- Indicted Washington auditor fires key staffers Updated: May-06-16 8:27 pm
SEATTLE - Indicted Washington State Auditor Troy Kelley has fired three staffers since his federal fraud trial ended with a hung jury last week.
- Gypsy moth spraying done, state to set traps this summer Updated: May-03-16 2:23 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - State agricultural officials have finished spraying parts of Western Washington to kill leaf-eating gypsy moths. Now, they plan to set out thousands of traps this summer to see whether those treatments worked.
- Sheriff: Shooting suspect accidentally released Updated: May-01-16 8:20 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Mason County Sheriff's office says a man accused of shooting at a sheriff's deputy last month has been accidently released from jail.