- State fire crews too busy to test drones over wildfires Updated: Sep-01-15 5:37 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - State fire officials say they have not had time to test drones over the major fires in Okanogan County, though federal officials did fly some over a more remote fire in Olympia National Park.
- Department of Transportation to widen I-5 near JBLM Updated: Aug-31-15 1:08 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Washington Department of Transportation is planning to add lanes to Interstate 5 near Joint Base Lewis-McChord to battle long-term traffic problems, but the six-year project is expected to make traffic congestion worse between Olympia and Tacoma in the near future.
- Olympia officer-involved shooting documents released Updated: Aug-27-15 11:25 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Documents relating to an Olympia officer-involved shooting that injured two suspects have been released.
- Burglar may have been scared off by car crashing into home Updated: Aug-25-15 2:11 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Olympia police say an attempted burglar was probably scared off when a car crashed into the apartment.
- Safety upgrades to North Thurston school buses Updated: Aug-13-15 1:04 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A Thurston County school district is outfitting its school buses with alarm systems to ensure that every student gets off the bus by the end of a route.
- Man accused of animal abuse pleads not guilty to sex crimes Updated: Aug-11-15 2:29 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A man awaiting trial on animal cruelty charges in Thurston County has pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting minors in Pierce County.
- 2 Washington state agencies welcome babies at the office Updated: Aug-09-15 4:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - During his four months of going to work with his mom at the state Department of Health in Tumwater, Gavin VanHoozer became known as the office baby.
- Students begin archaeological dig at Bush homestead Updated: Aug-09-15 3:07 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - In the shadow of a nearly 170-year-old butternut tree, students from The Evergreen State College are hoping to unearth a bit of South Sound history.