- Couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide identified Updated: May-29-16 9:45 am
PITTSBURGH - Authorities in western Pennsylvania have identified a couple found dead in a Pittsburgh home in an apparent murder-suicide.
- Late equalizer gets Philadelphia draw in clash of leaders Updated: May-29-16 1:26 am
COMMERCE CITY, Colorado - Philadelphia's Brian Carroll scored in the second minute of stoppage time to snatch a 1-1 draw for the Union at Colorado on Saturday in the clash of Major League Soccer's Eastern and Western Conference leaders.
- 160-year-old tree in Philadelphia cemetery felled Updated: May-28-16 11:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A 160-year-old tree in Philadelphia's Laurel Hill Cemetery that sheltered famous visitors including presidents and Civil War generals has been felled.
- 2 dogs burned to death in Chester Updated: May-28-16 11:11 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - The SPCA is investigating after two dogs were burned to death in Chester.
- Jones sets new AA pole vault record in PIAA track events Updated: May-28-16 6:27 pm
SHIPPENSBURG, Pennsylvania - Southern Williamsport's Katie Jones set a new AA record in the pole vault and Downingtown West's Joshua McLemore won three AAA gold medals on Saturday in the PIAA Track & Field Championships at Shippensburg University.
- 2 trapped under fallen tree branch, taken to hospital Updated: May-28-16 5:46 pm
BENSALEM, Pennsylvania - Authorities say two people were taken to a hospital after a tree branch fell on them in a suburban Philadelphia park.
- Woman sentenced in theft of money through charity website Updated: May-28-16 5:22 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia woman has been sentenced to time served to 23 months in the theft of money through what authorities said was a fraudulent charity fundraising page online.
- Creative Rutherford, blunt Sullivan key Penguins' turnaround Updated: May-28-16 4:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - The door closed and Mike Sullivan started to talk. Over the course of the next 10 minutes, the Pittsburgh Penguins coach laid out for rookie goaltender Matt Murray why veteran Marc-Andre Fleury was starting Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals even though Murray's rapid maturation was one of the reasons Pittsburgh found itself two wins from a spot in the Stanley Cup Final.
- Results of probe into inappropriate emails to be released Updated: May-28-16 3:53 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Preliminary results of an investigation into inappropriate emails found on state servers will be released Tuesday, Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane announced.
- 3 brothers sentenced for leading violent drug ring in Camden Updated: May-28-16 12:56 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Three brothers who led a violent Camden drug ring that authorities say had ties to Mexican drug cartels are now headed to prison.
- School funding creates divide in attorney general's race Updated: May-28-16 12:27 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The battle in Pennsylvania over school funding could take on a new dimension.
- Man gets 7 to 16 years in triathlete's hit-run death Updated: May-28-16 11:22 am
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - A man has been sentenced to seven to 16 years in prison in the death of a woman struck as she was jogging in northeastern Pennsylvania a year ago.
- Man convicted of 3rd-degree murder in 2014 slaying of friend Updated: May-28-16 10:37 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A man has been convicted of third-degree murder in the beating death of a friend in northwestern Pennsylvania two years ago.
- Man apologizes as he is sentenced to 12 to 30 years in death Updated: May-28-16 9:54 am
BEAVER, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania man has been sentenced to 12 to 30 years in the death of a man killed after a dispute a year ago.
- Pirates spoil night for Rangers' Banister, Hamels in 9-1 win Updated: May-28-16 12:56 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Jeff Banister shared hugs, handshakes and laughs with Pittsburgh's Clint Hurdle and his players and coaches before the Texas manager's first game against the organization he was part of for his first 29 years in pro baseball.
- Geist sets record at PIAA Track & Field Championships Updated: May-27-16 6:38 pm
SHIPPENSBURG, Pennsylvania - Jordan Geist went into the PIAA Track & Field Championships on Friday afternoon with one goal in mind - to break the Pennsylvania state record in the Class AAA boys shot put.
- Uber appeals Pennsylvania utility regulator's $11.4M fine Updated: May-27-16 5:26 pm
PITTSBURGH - Ride-hailing company Uber is asking state utility regulators to reconsider the record-setting $11.4 million fine they issued against it.
- Kane's longest-serving press secretary heads for the exit Updated: May-27-16 4:57 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Attorney General Kathleen Kane's longest-serving press secretary is leaving after handling what he called "an unfolding series of crises that were just never-ending."
- Police: Owner killed in shooting at Pittsburgh-area motel Updated: May-27-16 2:56 pm
JEFFERSON HILLS, Pennsylvania - Police say the owner of a motel in the Pittsburgh suburbs was fatally shot while working behind the front desk.
- Study calls Johnson County an organic food hot spot Updated: May-27-16 2:18 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Johnson County officials say they aren't surprised that a new study has recognized the county as a hot spot for organic food.
- Man admits to 2003 killing of ax murderer's 3-year-old son Updated: May-27-16 2:13 pm
READING, Pennsylvania - A man already serving time in a Pennsylvania prison has pleaded guilty to killing a convicted ax murderer's 3-year-old son in 2003.
- Child endangerment charges dropped against ex-radio host Updated: May-27-16 1:09 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Prosecutors have dropped charges against a former radio host who police say was caring for her infant daughter when she suffered a skull fracture.
- Ex-kitchen supervisor at prison admits to sex with inmate Updated: May-27-16 11:35 am
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - A former kitchen supervisor at a Pennsylvania prison has admitted having sex with an inmate inside a produce cooler at the facility.
- Pennsylvania priest on leave after sexual harassment suit Updated: May-27-16 11:23 am
DUBOIS, Pennsylvania - A Catholic priest has been placed on leave after a woman sued his diocese, saying she was forced to resign when she complained that the cleric touched himself improperly during work meetings.
- Man gets prison for molesting women during massage therapy Updated: May-27-16 9:27 am
WEST CHESTER, Pennsylvania - A massage therapist will spend 6½ to 13 years in prison for molesting women during massage sessions at an eastern Pennsylvania spa that's being sued as a result.