- 2 plead in FBI probe of city contracts in Allentown, Reading Updated: Nov-30-15 8:20 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Two former city government officials pleaded guilty Monday to conspiracy charges in an FBI probe of government contracting in northeast Pennsylvania.
- Thanksgiving break ends with budget stalemate still in place Updated: Nov-30-15 6:42 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Talks between Gov. Tom Wolf and top lawmakers continued Monday as the Thanksgiving break ended, but there was scant detail and a lot of silence about how they intended to end a five-month-old budget stalemate.
- Court says UPMC must keep cheaper rates in Medicare plans Updated: Nov-30-15 6:11 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania seniors and others enrolled in an insurer's Medicare Advantage plans won't have to pay comparatively higher rates in the coming years for services through the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, the state Supreme Court ruled Monday.
- Report: More Northeast casinos, more Atlantic City closures Updated: Nov-30-15 5:57 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A Wall Street firm predicts a new wave of casino expansion in the Northeastern U.S. will lead to more casino closings in Atlantic City.
- Group seeks hate crime investigation for cab driver shooting Updated: Nov-30-15 5:17 pm
PITTSBURGH - The FBI is reviewing the shooting of a Pittsburgh cab driver after a Muslim civil rights group asked the Justice Department to determine if it was a hate crime.
- Bryant kicks off goodbye tour in Philly Updated: Nov-30-15 4:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Kobe Bryant's farewell tour begins in the city that loves and hates him.
- Chip Kelly denies meeting with Southern California Updated: Nov-30-15 3:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly denied reports that the University of Southern California met with him to discuss its coaching vacancy before the school hired interim coach Clay Helton on Monday.
- Sloppy performance costs Steelers control of playoff spot Updated: Nov-30-15 3:43 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers kept insisting there was no need to scoreboard watch, figuring they didn't have to worry about their spot in the AFC's jumbled playoff picture if they kept winning.
- 2015 ACSMA all-ACC football team Updated: Nov-30-15 3:32 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The all-Atlantic Coast Conference football team, as announced Monday following a vote of 50 members of the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association, with first-team votes worth three points, second-team votes worth two points and third-team votes worth one point.
- Don't be alarmed: Pennsylvania nuclear plant to test sirens Updated: Nov-30-15 2:47 pm
DELTA, Pennsylvania - Residents near a central Pennsylvania nuclear power plant shouldn't worry if they hear sirens this week.
- Police: Suspect in officer's death refused to drop rifle Updated: Nov-30-15 2:47 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - A police officer fatally shot while responding to a domestic dispute was "100 percent" justified in shooting at the slaying suspect, a state police spokesman said Monday.
- Philadelphia mural of Pope Francis could be world record Updated: Nov-30-15 1:54 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A potentially record-breaking mural featuring Pope Francis has been unveiled in Philadelphia.
- 3 dead in Pennsylvania home in apparent murder-suicide Updated: Nov-30-15 1:10 pm
HATFIELD, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a shooting has left three people dead inside a suburban Philadelphia home in an apparent murder-suicide.
- Kane to announce plans for next chapter in pornography email saga Updated: Nov-30-15 12:52 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's attorney general is about to announce who'll lead a new effort to investigate pornography and other lewd emails exchanged among prosecutors, judges and others inside government.
- Suburban Philadelphia swimmer is SI's Sports Kid of the Year Updated: Nov-30-15 10:29 am
PHILADELPHIA - A suburban Philadelphia swimmer has become the second Pennsylvania athlete in a row to be name Sports Kid of the Year by Sports Illustrated Kids.
- Cops: Man took ambulance for joy ride, strands patient, EMTs Updated: Nov-30-15 9:39 am
YORK, Pennsylvania - Emergency workers in Pennsylvania got an unpleasant surprise when they wheeled a patient out of a home to their ambulance, only to find it wasn't there.
- Fired employee charged with stealing from hot dog shop Updated: Nov-30-15 9:15 am
NEW CASTLE, Pennsylvania - A woman has been charged with stealing from the hot dog shop where she was fired days before, by hiding in the business on the night of a western Pennsylvania town's Light Up Night celebration.
- Autopsy: Woman found bleeding stabbed in back several times Updated: Nov-30-15 9:07 am
PITTSBURGH - An autopsy shows a woman had been stabbed in the back several times before she was found bleeding on a Pittsburgh street and died a short time later.
- Ohio man killed in crash in commuter lane near Pittsburgh Updated: Nov-30-15 9:00 am
PITTSBURGH - Police say an Ohio man was apparently driving too fast when he died in a crash in the high-occupancy commuter lane of Interstate 79 near Pittsburgh.
- Man jailed after domestic call leads to SWAT response Updated: Nov-30-15 8:47 am
PITTSBURGH - A Pittsburgh man has been jailed after a domestic dispute call escalated to a SWAT incident after he briefly refused to leave a residence and allegedly threatened police.
- Speed, alcohol may have led to crash that killed man, 25 Updated: Nov-30-15 8:39 am
KITTANNING, Pennsylvania - A coroner says speeding and drinking may have led to a crash that killed a western Pennsylvania man on a rural road.
- Woman shot at home in McKeesport; police investigating Updated: Nov-30-15 8:26 am
MCKEESPORT, Pennsylvania - Police were investigating after a woman was reportedly shot in the shoulder at a residence in the Pittsburgh suburb of McKeesport.
- NY school mourns death of teen killed in ATV crash last week Updated: Nov-30-15 7:52 am
SPENCERPORT, New York - Staff and students at a Rochester-area school are mourning the death of a teenager who was killed in an all-terrain vehicle accident in north-central Pennsylvania last week.
- '12 Days of Christmas' items top $34K, up 0.6 percent Updated: Nov-30-15 7:38 am
PITTSBURGH - Lords a-leaping is the U.S. economy slow to recover!
- Pennsylvania's deer season for hunters with rifles starts Updated: Nov-30-15 6:15 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's Game Commission estimates about 750,000 hunters with rifles are expected to pursue white-tailed deer.