- Now-competent woman waives hearing in sons' tub drownings Updated: Jul-07-15 11:57 am
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania woman accused of drowning her two young sons in a bathtub more than a year ago has waived her right to a preliminary hearing a day after a judge found her mentally competent to stand trial.
- Emergency, gas company crews at Pennsylvania house explosion Updated: Jul-07-15 11:42 am
NORTH BRADDOCK, Pennsylvania - Emergency crews and utility officials are on the scene of a house explosion in western Pennsylvania.
- Man gets county jail for failing to deliver grave monuments Updated: Jul-07-15 11:29 am
PITTSBURGH - The former owner of a suburban Pittsburgh tombstone company will spend nearly 1 to 2 years in the county jail for failing to deliver more than $98,000 worth of grave monuments to 51 grieving families.
- Lawyers: Cosby's drugs-sex admission could aid women's cases Updated: Jul-07-15 11:07 am
PHILADELPHIA - Lawyers for women pursuing criminal and civil cases against Bill Cosby say his admission that he obtained quaaludes to give young women before sex could bolster their claims.
- No boats, no problem for attendance at Three Rivers Regatta Updated: Jul-07-15 10:56 am
PITTSBURGH - No boats, no problem.
- Pennsylvania plant that retreads construction tires closing Updated: Jul-07-15 10:50 am
SOMERSET, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania plant that retreads tires for heavy construction and mining vehicles is closing next month, idling 38 union and nonunion workers there.
- Fan hit by line drive and injured during Braves-Brewers game Updated: Jul-07-15 10:42 am
MILWAUKEE - A woman sitting several rows behind the Milwaukee Brewers' dugout was injured Monday night when she was hit by a line drive off the bat of Atlanta's Eury Perez.
- 2 teens charged with robbing 82-year-old shoe repairman Updated: Jul-07-15 10:29 am
NEW KENSINGTON, Pennsylvania - Two teens have been charged with robbing an 82-year-old cobbler who has decided to retire as a result from the western Pennsylvania business he started in 1949.
- Fire at Hanover chemical plant causes extensive damage Updated: Jul-07-15 9:52 am
HANOVER, Pennsylvania - State police estimated that an overnight fire caused $20 million in damage to a central Pennsylvania chemical plant.
- Man jailed on charges he flicked lighter at man pumping gas Updated: Jul-07-15 9:43 am
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania man has been jailed on charges that he risked a catastrophe when he flicked a cigarette lighter near another man who was pumping gasoline.
- Rape suspect, stabbed hiding in home, caught in Florida Updated: Jul-07-15 9:26 am
ROCHESTER, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania rape suspect who was stabbed by another woman after police say he broke into her home to hide has been arrested in Florida.
- Hospital: Nurse who dropped newborn disciplined, not fired Updated: Jul-07-15 9:16 am
UNIONTOWN, Pennsylvania - A spokesman for a Pennsylvania hospital says a veteran nurse who accidentally dropped a newborn baby, fracturing his skull, will be disciplined but not fired.
- Date set for man seeking private complaint against Sandusky Updated: Jul-07-15 8:56 am
BELLEFONTE, Pennsylvania - A man who claims former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky abused him as a teen will have a court hearing in October in his efforts to force state prosecutors to file criminal charges.
- Wolf attacks GOP budget, says finances must be put in order Updated: Jul-07-15 8:35 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf isn't backing off his demand for a new state budget after vetoing a $30.2 billion document passed solely by Republican state lawmakers.
- Pitt Children's Hospital chief doc named St. Louis med dean Updated: Jul-07-15 8:07 am
ST. LOUIS - The physician-in-chief and scientific director at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh has been named dean of a St. Louis medical school where he used to teach.
- 3 charged in deadly shooting that killed 2 in Allentown Updated: Jul-07-15 6:31 am
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Authorities have charged three men in a shooting that left a man and a woman dead in Allentown.
- Police: SEPTA bus hits, kills man in Philadelphia Updated: Jul-07-15 5:54 am
PHILADELPHIA - Police say a man is dead after he was hit by a bus in downtown Philadelphia.
- Police: Boy, 6, shot in foot while playing basketball Updated: Jul-07-15 5:53 am
PHILADELPHIA - Police say a 6-year-old boy is recovering at a hospital after he was shot in his left foot while playing basketball in south Philadelphia.
- Blaze breaks out in row of stores in suburban Philadelphia Updated: Jul-07-15 4:34 am
UPPER DARBY, Pennsylvania - Authorities are working to determine the cause of a fire that ripped through a row of stores in suburban Philadelphia.
- Judge sentences Philadelphia tire slasher to prison time Updated: Jul-07-15 4:33 am
PHILADELPHIA - A 47-year-old man who a judge accused of holding his community hostage is heading to prison for trying to puncture tires in his Philadelphia neighborhood.
- The battle for control of the human breast milk industry Updated: Jul-07-15 1:34 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - It could trade for 400 times more than t7/8he price of crude oil and 2,000 times more than iron ore. If sold off the shelf, it could cost more than 150 times the price of a gallon of cow's milk and 15 times more than coffee.
- Alvarez's RBI single in 9th lifts Pirates past Padres, 2-1 Updated: Jul-07-15 12:32 am
PITTSBURGH - Pedro Alvarez wasn't thinking about family matters with the game on the line.
- Padres beaten by manager's son-in-law in 2-1 loss to Pirates Updated: Jul-07-15 12:30 am
PITTSBURGH - The San Diego Padres' latest loss was more personal for interim manager Pat Murphy than other defeats.
- Allentown mayor suspends Senate campaign amid federal probe Updated: Jul-06-15 8:23 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - The mayor of Allentown has suspended his campaign for U.S. Senate days after FBI agents executed search warrants and questioned the mayor and another official of the eastern Pennsylvania's city.
- 4 sentenced in home invasion that led to death of girl, 10 Updated: Jul-06-15 5:05 pm
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - Four men charged in a home invasion robbery attempt that led to the shooting death of a 10-year-old girl in western Pennsylvania last year have been sentenced to prison.