- Officials ID man killed in shootout outside dollar store Updated: May-04-16 3:29 am
READING, Pennsylvania - Officials have identified a man killed in a shootout outside a Pennsylvania dollar store, which investigators say happened during a verbal altercation.
- Temple student hurt in hit-and-run to walk at graduation Updated: May-04-16 3:27 am
PHILADELPHIA - A Temple University lacrosse player plans to walk at graduation after she was critically injured in a hit-and-run last year while riding her bicycle near the Philadelphia university's main campus.
- Skull found in state forest last month is human, experts say Updated: May-04-16 3:26 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania university has determined a partial skull found in a state forest last month is human.
- Nola leads Phillies to 1-0 win over Cardinals Updated: May-04-16 12:18 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis manager Mike Matheny could not have asked for anything more from right-hander Michael Wacha in the Cardinals' 1-0 loss to Philadelphia on Tuesday night.
- Nola leads Phillies to 1-0 win over Cardinals Updated: May-03-16 11:54 pm
ST. LOUIS - Ryan Howard still gets psyched up to play in St. Louis.
- Pirates can't hit Arrieta, fall to Cubs 7-1 Updated: May-03-16 11:20 pm
PITTSBURGH - Clint Hurdle gave Matt Joyce the start in right field against the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night, pointing to the outfielder's impressive numbers against Chicago ace Jake Arrieta earlier in Joyce's career.
- Arrieta improves to 6-0 as Cubs top Pirates 7-1 Updated: May-03-16 9:52 pm
- Rookie goaltender Murray stealing the show for Penguins Updated: May-03-16 6:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - Matt Murray isn't in the mood to think about what it all means, this ride that he's on. The NHL's best team on the other side of the ice. His mentor watching from bench. An arena chanting his name.
- Nuns to sell estate, move tomb of 2nd American-born saint Updated: May-03-16 6:06 pm
BENSALEM, Pennsylvania - A Roman Catholic religious order announced Tuesday that it would sell its suburban Philadelphia estate and move the tomb of the second American-born saint, a banker's daughter who gave up her wealth to become a nun.
- Wolf, Pittsburgh-area officials want $11.4M fine on Uber cut Updated: May-03-16 5:03 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf and Pittsburgh-area officials want Pennsylvania regulators to greatly reduce their record-setting $11.4 million fine against ride-sharing company Uber.
- ACLU suit: Man wrongly arrested, jailed for recording police Updated: May-03-16 2:49 pm
PITTSBURGH - A Pennsylvania man was wrongly arrested, given a rough ride in a police car and jailed for hours after posting a Facebook video he recorded when a police officer responded to a parking dispute at his home, according to a federal lawsuit filed Tuesday.
- Philadelphia ending college requirement for police recruits Updated: May-03-16 2:41 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Police Department is moving to end a requirement that recruits have at least two years of college credits under their belt - a shift the new commissioner says is needed to alleviate hiring woes.
- 5 held for trial in July slayings of 2 teens in Erie Updated: May-03-16 1:53 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Five defendants have been ordered to stand trial in the slayings of two teenagers in northwestern Pennsylvania last summer.
- Pennsylvania man jailed in fatal shooting in family dispute Updated: May-03-16 11:52 am
NEW CASTLE, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania man has been jailed on charges he fatally shot another young man during what police are calling a family dispute.
- Trump, Biden to attend University of Pennsylvania graduation Updated: May-03-16 11:50 am
PHILADELPHIA - Donald Trump and Joe Biden will be attending the same University of Pennsylvania graduation ceremony, but not for political reasons.
- Woman found in Pittsburgh river drowned, but why unanswered Updated: May-03-16 11:11 am
PITTSBURGH - A woman whose body was pulled from a Pittsburgh river over the weekend drowned, but how and why that happened remains unclear.
- Giant Eagle recalls pecan, walnut cookies over milk labeling Updated: May-03-16 10:46 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh-based Giant Eagle supermarket chain is recalling Walnut Delight and Pecan Tassie cookies because labels wrongly omitted milk as an ingredient.
- Pennsylvania highway damaged by gas blast still being fixed Updated: May-03-16 9:59 am
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - A rural highway damaged when a natural gas pipeline exploded into a fireball in western Pennsylvania will remain closed for repairs for at least a few more days.
- Cops: Brothers selling heroin in Burger King kids' area Updated: May-03-16 9:47 am
NORTH VERSAILLES, Pennsylvania - Two brothers are jailed on charges they sold $4,600 worth of heroin to an undercover officer in the children's play area of a Pennsylvania Burger King.
- Broken water main creates 'geyser,' closes Pittsburgh road Updated: May-03-16 9:45 am
PITTSBURGH - A water main break has caused a geyser-like rush of water from a manhole, closing a busy Pittsburgh street indefinitely.
- Sugary-drink-tax campaign to run with help from ex-NY mayor Updated: May-03-16 9:30 am
PHILADELPHIA - Proponents of a sugary drinks tax in Philadelphia are going on the counterattack with help from former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
- Appeals court rejects latest claim by Erie collar bomb perp Updated: May-03-16 9:19 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A federal appeals court has rejected a request for a new trial by a western Pennsylvania woman convicted in a bizarre bank robbery plot that killed a pizza deliveryman forced to wear a bomb collar.
- Cross-bearing 'Jesus' arrested at Apple store for trespass Updated: May-03-16 9:05 am
PHILADELPHIA - A man who calls himself "Philly Jesus" has a new cross to bear: He was arrested at a Philadelphia Apple store on a trespassing charge.
- High school teacher charged with institutional sex assault Updated: May-03-16 5:53 am
FORT WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia high school English teacher faces sexual assault charges for allegedly having a month-long sexual relationship with an 18-year-old student.
- Investigators looking into oil sheen on Philadelphia river Updated: May-03-16 5:28 am
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say they still don't know why there's an oil sheen on the Schuylkill (SKOO'-kul) River in Philadelphia.