- Ex-Boal Mansion CEO to face separate child-sex, pornography trials Updated: Jun-03-15 12:25 pm
WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania - The former chief executive officer of the Boal Mansion Museum will faces separate trials on charges that he enticed a 17-year-old to cross state lines for sex last year, and subsequent charges that he created child pornography and tried to destroy unspecified evidence on a cellphone.
- Church youth director charged with raping, assaulting girl Updated: Jun-03-15 12:13 pm
LOWER BURRELL, Pennsylvania - Police say the since-fired youth director at a western Pennsylvania church raped and sexually assaulting a 16-year-old church member.
- Bus-truck collision in Pennsylvania leaves 2 dead, many hurt Updated: Jun-03-15 12:09 pm
TOBYHANNA, Pennsylvania - Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a head-on crash between a bus and a tractor-trailer has left two people dead and sent more than a dozen to hospitals.
- Suburban Philadelphia mom sentenced in fatal crash Updated: Jun-03-15 11:47 am
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A pregnant suburban Philadelphia mother of two was sentenced to nine to 23 months in jail for running a stop sign and killing a floral deliveryman.
- PPG to buy Massachusetts-based Cuming Microwave Corp. Updated: Jun-03-15 11:28 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh's PPG Industries says it is buying a Massachusetts firm that makes specialty paints and coatings for military and other uses, and its central Pennsylvania subsidiary.
- Chatham U president who oversaw co-ed switch retiring Updated: Jun-03-15 11:19 am
PITTSBURGH - The president of Chatham University in Pittsburgh plans to retire in the summer of 2016.
- Wolf pick for police chief fields senators' tough questions Updated: Jun-03-15 11:08 am
CARLISLE, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf's choice to lead the Pennsylvania State Police is responding to tough questions from skeptical Republican senators who, like the troopers' union, have asked the Democratic governor to withdraw Col. Marcus Brown as his nominee.
- Pittsburgh's Rivers Casino planning $50M, 250-room hotel Updated: Jun-03-15 10:47 am
PITTSBURGH - Officials with Pittsburgh's Rivers Casino told state gambling regulators they hope to begin building a $50 million hotel next year.
- Coroner: Councilman's son found in river had drowned Updated: Jun-03-15 10:33 am
BROWNSVILLE, Pennsylvania - The son of a western Pennsylvania borough councilman has been found drowned in river near where he was last seen fishing over the weekend.
- Sports editor to become managing editor at Warren newspaper Updated: Jun-03-15 9:57 am
WARREN, Pennsylvania - The (Warren) Times Observer has promoted sports editor Jon Sitler to managing editor.
- Pennsylvania jail wants court order to force-feed inmate Updated: Jun-03-15 9:50 am
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - The warden of a western Pennsylvania county jail is seeking a court order to force-feed an inmate with a self-inflicted throat wound.
- Woman convicted in theft of $35K in cellphones Updated: Jun-03-15 9:05 am
WOODBURY, New Jersey - Jurors have convicted a Philadelphia woman of stealing more than $35,000 worth of cellphones from two stores in New Jersey.
- 5 men guilty of exceeding snow geese bag limits, fined $55K Updated: Jun-03-15 8:34 am
WOMELSDORF, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Game Commission says five eastern Pennsylvania hunters have pleaded guilty to charges they killed 265 more snow geese than they were licensed to hunt in one day and were fined more than $55,000 total.
- Man's body found in pond near submerged pickup truck Updated: Jun-03-15 8:29 am
SOMERSET, Pennsylvania - State police and a coroner were trying to figure out how and why a man's body wound up in a southwestern Pennsylvania pond near a submerged pickup truck.
- Woman to trial in mom's alleged neglect, hypothermia death Updated: Jun-03-15 8:17 am
SHAMOKIN, Pennsylvania - A northeastern Pennsylvania woman must stand trial in the hypothermia death of her disabled 66-year-old mother in their unheated home.
- Jury still out in killing of pregnant woman, 4-year-old girl Updated: Jun-03-15 8:12 am
DOYLESTOWN, Pennsylvania - A jury was expected to resume deliberations in the trial of a suburban Philadelphia man charged with killing a pregnant woman and her 4-year-old daughter because he wanted the woman's drug business.
- 60 decaying trees removed from highway where 2 kids died Updated: Jun-03-15 7:51 am
JEROME, Pennsylvania - A property owner has paid to remove about 60 dead or dying trees from the side of a western Pennsylvania highway where two children in a passing car were killed by a falling tree last year.
- UPMC's lung transplant program on probation with organ group Updated: Jun-03-15 7:35 am
PITTSBURGH - The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's lung transplant program has been put on probation by the United Network for Organ Sharing, a nonprofit that oversees American transplants.
- Autopsy set on man's body found near Little League field Updated: Jun-03-15 7:24 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - Police and a coroner were investigating a man's body found near a Little League field in northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Deal to revive A-Treat soda fizzles Updated: Jun-03-15 6:28 am
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - A plan to revive Pennsylvania's A-Treat soda brand has fizzled.
- Lancaster minister sentenced for sex assaults on children Updated: Jun-03-15 6:01 am
LANCASTER, South Carolina - A Lancaster minister of music for more than four decades has been sentenced to 25 years after pleading guilty to sex assaults on children.
- Fire hits Chester block for 3rd time in less than a week Updated: Jun-03-15 12:55 am
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Fire has struck an eastern Pennsylvania block for the third time since Saturday.
- Reds lose 5-4 to Phillies on Ruf's walkoff single Updated: Jun-02-15 11:33 pm
PHILADELPHIA - It was a tough night for the Cincinnati Reds' outfielders.
- Ruf's walkoff single leads Phillies past Reds, 5-4 Updated: Jun-02-15 11:16 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Phillies finally got some offense and in the late innings no less.
- Reds OF Byrd fractures right wrist Updated: Jun-02-15 10:47 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Cincinnati outfielder Marlon Byrd fractured his right wrist when he was hit by a pitch in the Reds' 5-4 loss to the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday night.