- Jerry Sandusky presses appeal, wants to question witnesses Updated: May-02-16 2:06 pm
BELLEFONTE, Pennsylvania - Jerry Sandusky's effort to get his child molestation convictions thrown out ran into tough questioning Monday from a judge who voiced doubt about defense lawyers are entitled to question witnesses - including some of the former Penn State assistant football coach's victims.
- Alabama governor, senator urge TVA to sell unfinished nuke Updated: May-02-16 8:20 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley and Sen. Richard Shelby are among those urging the Tennessee Valley Authority to sell its unfinished Bellefonte Nuclear Plant, where more than four decades of work hasn't produced a watt of electricity.
- TVA council holding webinar on possible Bellefonte sale Updated: Apr-29-16 5:43 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Valley Authority's Regional Energy Resource Council is conducting a webinar open to the public to discuss the potential sale of the Bellefonte Nuclear site near Hollywood, Alabama.
- Penn State dance marathon phasing out fundraising effort Updated: Apr-22-16 1:28 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Penn State's annual charity dance marathon is phasing out a fundraising effort after two students died in recent years and the event will focus on alternative ways to raise money.
- Stolen in 1955, famous 'inverted Jenny' stamp resurfaces Updated: Apr-15-16 6:17 pm
NEW YORK - Opening a new chapter in an infamous stamp-world mystery, a valuable "inverted Jenny" stamp has surfaced six decades after it was stolen from a collectors' convention.
- Former Penn State president Bryce Jordan dies at 91 Updated: Apr-13-16 7:57 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Former Penn State University president Bryce Jordan, who was credited with a major fundraising campaign and has a campus arena named after him, has died at age 91.
- Penn State survey finds sexual misconduct is common Updated: Apr-13-16 3:23 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - A survey of sexual misconduct at Penn State's main campus found that more than three-quarters of undergraduate women have experienced offensive or harassing behavior from other students, university officials announced Wednesday.
- Faculty union decides against strike this academic year Updated: Apr-09-16 4:29 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - The union representing faculty and coaches at Pennsylvania's 14 state-owned universities says members have decided against a walkout before the academic year ends next month.