- Ex-teacher gets prison for changing grades for nude pictures Updated: May-25-16 1:32 pm
BELLEFONTE, Pennsylvania - A former central Pennsylvania high school teacher is heading to prison after he was convicted of changing the grades of female students in exchange for nude pictures.
- Local co-op gets greener by delivering by bicycle Updated: May-25-16 11:23 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Melanie Rosenberger tucked the bok choy and lettuce gently in the bag, getting the produce ready for its final trip to the table. She took extra care while packing the eggs.
- Coroner: Student who fell from roof was electrocuted Updated: May-22-16 11:44 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania coroner says a Penn State student who fell off the roof of a home died of electrocution.
- Winners announced in 2015 PAPBA contest Updated: May-20-16 9:03 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Four radio and television stations were honored with the Joe Snyder Award for Outstanding News Service on Friday at the Pennsylvania Associated Press Broadcasters Association's annual awards banquet.
- Diocese to hold prayer services for sex abuse victims Updated: May-16-16 10:25 pm
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A Roman Catholic diocese is planning to hold several prayer services for sexual abuse victims more than two months after a Pennsylvania grand jury found two former bishops helped cover up the sexual abuse of hundreds of children by dozens of clergy over four decades.
- Judge grants time for victim claims in Paterno-NCAA lawsuit Updated: May-16-16 4:28 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Lawyers for Joe Paterno's relatives and the NCAA can have more time to look into newly disclosed allegations about claims of abuse against the late Penn State football coach's former assistant Jerry Sandusky, a judge said Monday.
- Former cheerleader rebounds after injury to earn degree Updated: May-13-16 6:50 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - On Saturday, thousands of Penn State students walked at graduation.
- Company offers $38M for unfinished nuke; TVA says no Updated: May-10-16 3:18 pm
HOLLYWOOD, Alabama - An alternative energy company says it wants to buy TVA's unfinished Bellefonte Nuclear Plant for $38 million cash. But the federal utility says the upcoming plant sale won't work that way.
- The Latest: Penn State payouts cover abuse claims to 1971 Updated: May-08-16 7:54 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - The Latest on newly revealed allegations about Joe Paterno and some assistant coaches in the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal (all times local):
- Nevada company to pursue purchase of unfinished nuke Updated: May-06-16 10:22 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A Nevada company said it will try to purchase an unfinished nuclear power plant from the Tennessee Valley Authority and use the site in northeast Alabama to produce electricity with new technology.
- Janet Santostefano named publisher of Centre Daily Times Updated: May-05-16 10:26 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - The Centre Daily Times has a new publisher.
- TVA council holding webinar on possible Bellefonte sale Updated: Apr-29-16 5:43 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Valley Authority's Regional Energy Resource Council is conducting a webinar open to the public to discuss the potential sale of the Bellefonte Nuclear site near Hollywood, Alabama.