- Venezuelans mass for year's largest anti-government protests Updated: May-30-15 5:31 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Thousands donned white and took to the streets in cities across the country Saturday in the biggest show of frustration with Venezuela's socialist administration since a wave of bloody anti-government protests a year ago.
- Businesses quietly switch to dollar in socialist Venezuela Updated: May-25-15 2:41 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - It's still possible to buy a gleaming Ford truck in Venezuela, rent a chic apartment in Caracas, and snag an American Airlines flight to Miami. Just not in the country's official currency.
- Jailed Venezuelan leader starts hunger strike, urges protest Updated: May-23-15 11:43 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Jailed opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez said he is beginning a hunger strike and called for a mass anti-government protest next week in a video leaked Saturday.
- Correction: Venezuela-US story Updated: May-13-15 5:10 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - In a May 12 story about relations between the U.S. and Venezuela, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Venezuela ordered the U.S. to shrink its embassy in Caracas after the U.S. imposed sanctions on several Venezuela officials. Venezuela ordered the staff reduction before the U.S. sanctioned Venezuela, not after.
- Venezuelan rum industry succeeding despite country's woes Updated: May-05-15 9:49 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - Ever since he was a young man, one of Guillermo Matos' small pleasures has been a mid-month round of cocktails with friends.