- Germany's Lufthansa to suspend flights to Venezuela Updated: May-29-16 4:57 am
BERLIN - German airline Lufthansa says it is suspending its flights to Caracas, citing the difficult economic situation in Venezuela.
- Vatican envoy's visit to Venezuela canceled amid tensions Updated: May-19-16 4:56 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - A planned visit to Venezuela by the Vatican's foreign minister was called off Thursday amid mounting tensions between the country's government and the political opposition.
- Mob burns Venezuelan man alive over $5 as justice fails Updated: May-19-16 2:06 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The mob didn't know at first what Roberto Bernal had done, but he was running and that was enough.
- US Embassy suspends visas in Venezuela over staff shortages Updated: May-18-16 3:05 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The U.S. Embassy in Caracas is suspending appointments for Venezuelans seeking first-time tourist and business visas due to staff shortages it blames on President Nicolas Maduro's government.
- Venezuela opposition rejects Maduro's state of emergency Updated: May-17-16 7:06 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan opposition leaders are rejecting a 60-day state of emergency declared by President Nicolas Maduro.
- Maduro threatens to seize idle Venezuela plants, jail owners Updated: May-15-16 1:04 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - President Nicolas Maduro threatened Saturday to take over idle factories and jail their owners following a decree granting him expanded powers to act in the face of a deep economic crisis.
- Chinese bullet train in Venezuela stalls as alliance derails Updated: May-14-16 8:48 am
ZARAZA, Venezuela - It was once billed as a model of socialist fraternity: South America's first high-speed train, powered by Chinese technology, crisscrossing Venezuela to bring development to its backwater plains. Now all but abandoned, it has become a symbol of economic collapse - and a strategic relationship gone adrift.
- Sony making series about life of Venezuela's Hugo Updated: May-12-16 9:08 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The life of late President Hugo Chavez is coming to the small screen, much to the displeasure of Venezuela's socialist leaders who consider themselves guardians of the charismatic leader's image and of the revolution he initiated.
- Venezuelans clash with police in march to demand recall Updated: May-11-16 5:52 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan protesters clashed Wednesday with police who fired tear gas on marchers demanding that election officials start counting signatures for a vote to recall President Nicolas Maduro.