- Who's to blame for Florida's rising Medicaid costs? Updated: Aug-04-15 7:49 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Gov. Rick Scott is blaming rising Medicaid costs on President Barack Obama's health law, even though the state's top economist said the two were not related.
- Man sought in killing of pregnant sister turns himself in Updated: Aug-03-15 3:19 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A man has turned himself in after being accused of killing his pregnant sister during an argument over a utility bill.
- David Cassidy prepares to auction Florida mansion Updated: Jul-30-15 11:49 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Like many of his baby boomer peers with grown children and debts to settle, one-time heartthrob David Cassidy is looking to downsize.
- Man gets life sentence for killing, beheading girlfriend Updated: Jul-29-15 7:14 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A South Florida man has been sentenced to life in prison for killing his girlfriend and cutting off her head.
- Investment adviser pleads guilty in $1.2B Ponzi scheme Updated: Jul-29-15 4:26 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - An investment adviser on Wednesday become the latest of more than two dozen people to plead guilty in the $1.2 billion Ponzi scheme operated by disbarred attorney Scott Rothstein that collapsed more than five years ago.
- 1 boy dies, 1 injured car hits bicycle in South Florida Updated: Jul-29-15 9:41 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A 10-year-old boy is dead and his 11-year-old friend is in the hospital after the bicycle they were riding on was hit by a car near Fort Lauderdale.
- Rescuers free man whose head was stuck in exercise equipment Updated: Jul-23-15 5:43 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Firefighters rescued a man whose head got caught in exercise equipment at The W hotel on Fort Lauderdale Beach.
- AutoNation misses 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Jul-22-15 8:49 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - AutoNation Inc. (AN) on Wednesday reported second-quarter net income of $115.1 million.
- Divorce finalized for $1.2B Ponzi schemer Rothstein Updated: Jul-21-15 12:41 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Scott and Kim Rothstein are now officially divorced, more than five years after their high-flying lifestyles came undone with the unraveling of his $1.2 billion Ponzi scheme.
- Farewell FAO Schwarz: Last day of business at NYC toy store Updated: Jul-15-15 11:07 pm
NEW YORK - Tom Hanks danced on a large floor piano there in the movie "Big." Multitudes of children wandered through the aisles over the years, hopped up on sugar from the candy store and wide-eyed with delight at the giant stuffed animals and other toys. And a fair number of parents winced at some of the price tags.
- Broward Sheriff's helicopter crew rescues 8 stranded boaters Updated: Jul-13-15 6:10 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A Broward Sheriff's Office helicopter crew rescued eight boaters who were stranded in the Everglades.
- Memphis Redbirds broadcaster still loves calling baseball Updated: Jul-11-15 1:07 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Bottom of the first inning at AutoZone Park, and Redbirds first baseman Dan Johnson is in the batter's box. Oklahoma City's pitcher winds and delivers and Johnson, a left-handed hitter, swings and makes contact. Loud contact.
- Fort Lauderdale to crack down on vacation rentals Updated: Jul-11-15 3:06 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Fort Lauderdale officials are hoping to crack down on vacation rentals in an effort to prevent out-of-towners from disturbing the locals.
- Ride-hailing service Lyft leaving Broward County Updated: Jul-10-15 5:52 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - The ride-hailing service Lyft says it will also cease operations in Broward County.
- South Florida boy injured in fireworks accident Updated: Jul-09-15 5:40 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A 13-year-old Fort Lauderdale boy is recovering at a hospital after a firework exploded in his hand.
- Uber to cease operations in Broward County Updated: Jul-06-15 5:16 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - The popular ridesharing service Uber has announced it is leaving Broward County.
- Festival honors famous movies filmed in Broward County Updated: Jul-06-15 4:13 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Broward County is turning 100 and local officials are hosting a cinema festival to pay tribute to the famous movies filmed around the county.
- Counterfeit cash spree nets prison for 2 in South Florida Updated: Jul-06-15 3:17 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Two people will do time in federal prison following a South Florida counterfeit spending spree involving thousands of dollars of fake cash.