- Federal contractor pleads guilty to faking tax returns Updated: Nov-25-15 6:17 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A federal contractor has pleaded guilty to faking his corporate and personal income tax returns for three years.
- Toddler's death investigated as homicide Updated: Nov-23-15 4:27 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Detectives in South Florida say they're investigating a toddler's death as a homicide.
- Fraternity suspended following death of female student Updated: Nov-23-15 3:24 pm
MIAMI - A fraternity at a Florida International University has been suspended following the death of a female student who attended an off-campus party the fraternity hosted.
- Homeless persons deliver messages to long-lost relatives Updated: Nov-22-15 12:12 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - With pleading eyes and a solemn face, Michael Douglas Durham implored: "Life's short and I don't want to die without ever seeing you again."
- Plane turned around over 'misunderstanding'; no bomb threat Updated: Nov-20-15 11:30 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - No charges will be filed after authorities say a "misunderstanding," not a bomb threat, caused a Spirit Airlines flight to return to a Florida airport.
- Florida man pleads guilty to impersonating federal officer Updated: Nov-20-15 5:11 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A Florida man has admitted to lying about being a federal law enforcement agent and army sergeant who earned a Purple Heart medal.
- Broward County pot users could face fines instead of arrest Updated: Nov-11-15 6:59 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Broward County commissioners have voted to create a lighter penalty for small-time marijuana possessors.
- Cruise ship passenger clings to lifeboat, plunges into ocean Updated: Nov-06-15 2:49 pm
MIAMI - A man who jumped onto a lifeboat on the side of a cruise ship clung to the edge of the tiny vessel for more than minute early Friday as fellow passengers watched and screamed before he plunged into the ocean below, according to officials and video posted of the incident.
- Man pleads guilty to $4.7 million counterfeiting operation Updated: Nov-06-15 3:01 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A South Florida artist has pleaded guilty to making about $4.7 million worth of counterfeit bills.
- Pilot in Everglades small plane crash dies from injuries Updated: Nov-05-15 2:40 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - An employer says the pilot of a small plane that crashed in the Florida Everglades last month has died from his injuries.
- Endangered sea turtles sue over Broward beach practices Updated: Nov-05-15 3:02 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - The plaintiffs are Green Sea Turtle, Loggerhead Sea Turtle and Leatherback Sea Turtle, and they're suing over what a lawyer calls disruptive beach practices in Broward County.