- Vancouver man marks 50 years with Starr-Edwards heart valve Updated: Feb-14-16 2:05 am
VANCOUVER, Washington - Glenn Baker was just 32 years old when he underwent a relatively new surgical procedure in 1966 to replace a heart valve.
- HKO-WHL-Stdgs Updated: Feb-13-16 8:10 pm
- McBroom has 37 as E Washington tops N Colorado 97-80 Updated: Feb-13-16 7:41 pm
CHENEY, Washington - Austin McBroom scored 37 points, two days after setting a career-high with 35, and Eastern Washington raced past Northern Colorado 97-80 on Saturday.
- Fatigued Colorado holds off Washington 81-80 Updated: Feb-13-16 5:46 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Wesley Gordon trudged toward the locker room, too wiped out to do more than shuffle his sneakers.
- Kids on ski outing evacuate burning bus, avoid injury Updated: Feb-13-16 5:07 pm
GLACIER, Washington - About 35 middle school kids avoided injury Saturday morning by evacuating a charter bus that caught fire heading to Mt. Baker Ski Area in northwest Washington state.
- Kitsap County judge rules against popular fireworks stand Updated: Feb-13-16 3:57 pm
BREMERTON, Washington - A Kitsap County judge in northwest Washington state has banned a popular fireworks stand until its owner meets city and state licensing requirements.
- 1 dead in Everett apartment fire Updated: Feb-13-16 3:20 pm
EVERETT, Washington - Authorities are investigating the cause of an Everett apartment fire that left one man dead.
- Former Seattle IRS agent convicted of bribery charge Updated: Feb-13-16 3:07 pm
SEATTLE - Jurors have convicted a former Internal Revenue Service agent of taking a $20,000 bribe from a medical marijuana dispensary owner.
- Man whose fraud case prompted legal changes gets 4 years Updated: Feb-13-16 12:33 pm
SEATTLE - A man whose unauthorized use of his clients' money prompted changes in Washington state law has been sentenced to four years in prison - even more than federal prosecutors asked for.
- Yakima woman faces charges following death of bicyclist Updated: Feb-13-16 12:29 pm
YAKIMA, Washington - A 24-year-old Yakima woman is facing charges following a collision that killed a 60-year-old bicyclist.
- Cleared after stabbing, ex-UW student wants his life back Updated: Feb-13-16 3:05 am
SEATTLE - In the weeks before Christmas, Jarred Ha agonized over his decision, filling three pages with charts outlining the pros and cons of accepting a plea deal or taking his chances at trial.
- New Year dawns in Tacoma's Lincoln District Updated: Feb-13-16 3:05 am
TACOMA, Washington - A roast pig rests on a table in the middle of Xuan Phan's Lincoln District restaurant. It is surrounded by roast chickens, fruit, rice, money, flower buds and other items.
- WHL Roundup: Tyler Wong scores hat trick as Hurricanes beat Americans Updated: Feb-13-16 1:10 am
LETHBRIDGE, Alta. - Tyler Wong scored a hat trick to lead the Lethbridge Hurricanes past the Tri-City Americans 5-3 on Friday night in Western Hockey League action.
- FBI: Washington boys located in Mexico in safe condition Updated: Feb-13-16 12:47 am
BELLEVUE, Washington - The FBI says two brothers missing from Bellevue since August have been found in safe condition in Mexico.
- Glaze leads Grand Canyon in win over Seattle 71-60 Updated: Feb-13-16 12:30 am
SEATTLE - Grandy Glaze scoring 16 points on 7 for 12 shooting and grabbed 10 rebounds as Grand Canyon won its third straight, beating Seattle 71-60 Friday night.
- No. 14 UCLA women pull away from Washington State 73-61 Updated: Feb-13-16 12:30 am
LOS ANGELES - Monique Billings scored half of her 16 points in the fourth quarter and No. 14 UCLA pulled away from Washington State for a 73-61 victory on Friday night.
- US sailors Scutt, Henken qualify for Rio Games in 49erFX Updated: Feb-12-16 11:10 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - Paris Henken of Coronado, California, and Helena Scutt of Kirkland, Washington, qualified for the U.S. Olympic sailing team in the 49erFX, the women's double-handed skiff.
- 4 high school students charged with rape Updated: Feb-12-16 9:07 pm
DES MOINES, Washington - Four students at a high school south of Seattle have been charged in the alleged rape of two 15-year-olds during an overnight school field trip.
- Woman's throat cut in Seattle assault; man arrested Updated: Feb-12-16 8:04 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle police have arrested a 62-year-old man after a woman was found with her throat slashed in the South Lake Union neighborhood.
- Bill gives sales tax break for coal-fired plant conversion Updated: Feb-12-16 7:54 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Washington Senate has passed a bill that would give a sales tax break to the state's only coal-fired power plant if and when it converts to using biomass or natural gas for electric generation.
- Man cited for having concealed weapon on WWU campus Updated: Feb-12-16 7:18 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A visitor to Western Washington University was escorted off campus Friday and cited by police for having a concealed weapon at the school. No one is allowed to carry a gun at Western except for police officers.
- House passes regulation of vapor products in Washington Updated: Feb-12-16 6:56 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The full House has approved legislation that would regulate vapor products in Washington, including banning people under age 18 from using them.
- Shareholders approve merger of Weyerhaeuser, Plum Creek Updated: Feb-12-16 6:51 pm
SEATTLE - Shareholders have approved the merger of timber companies Weyerhaeuser and Plum Creek. The votes at separate meetings in the Seattle area on Friday move the companies toward becoming one of the world's biggest timberland and forest products companies.
- Senate rejects constitutional amendment on tax increases Updated: Feb-12-16 6:50 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state Senate on Friday failed to reach the required vote threshold to send voters a constitutional amendment asking if they want to require a two-thirds supermajority in the Legislature for future tax increases.
- The Latest: Mine developer says partial approval is enough Updated: Feb-12-16 3:33 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The latest on Montana officials giving only partial approval to a $500 million silver and copper mine proposed near the Idaho border. (all times local):