- Man attacked by bear at Joint Base Lewis-McChord Updated: Aug-01-15 8:41 pm
JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD, Washington - A man was attacked by a bear at the Joint Base Lewis-McChord, suffering minor injuries.
- Minus All-Pro safeties, Seattle giving Terrell, Shead a shot Updated: Aug-01-15 5:05 pm
RENTON, Washington - Part of what has made the Seattle Seahawks' defense the best in the NFL in recent seasons is the combination of Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor at safety.
- More than 350 people evacuated as Lake Chelan wildfire grows Updated: Aug-01-15 4:40 pm
LUCERNE, Washington - Several hundred people were evacuated near Lake Chelan in northwest Washington as an area wildfire grew to more than 6 square miles overnight.
- Gas tax increases by 7 cents in Washington state Updated: Aug-01-15 1:34 pm
OLYMPIA, Wash - The price of gas may be going down nationally, but Washington drivers - already paying above the national average - may see even higher prices at the pump following Saturday's 7-cent-per-gallon increase in the state's gas tax.
- Medical examiner: Man who died in custody inhaled vomit Updated: Aug-01-15 11:14 am
SPOKANE, Washington - The Spokane County Medical Examiner says a 37-year-old man who died while being booked into jail was high on methamphetamine and inhaled his vomit while restrained in a prone position.
- Kitsap sewage spill prompts warning to stay out of water Updated: Aug-01-15 10:40 am
SILVERDALE, Washington - Health officials are warning people to avoid contact with water in Dyes Inlet and the Port Washington Narrows on the Kitsap Peninsula after thousands of gallons of sewage spilled into the water during a construction project.
- Miss Tri-Cities loses crown after theft conviction revealed Updated: Aug-01-15 10:04 am
KENNEWICK, Washington - The reigning Miss Tri-Cities will be stripped of her crown after pageant organizers learned she pleaded guilty this year to a misdemeanor theft charge.
- Former Everett firefighter gets 8 months for sex crimes Updated: Aug-01-15 9:49 am
SEATTLE - A former Everett firefighter accused of agreeing to pay for sex with a 15-year-old girl has been sentenced to eight months in jail for sex crimes.
- Prosecutors charge man in fatal Bonney Lake crash Updated: Jul-31-15 10:47 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A 20-year-old man is accused of causing a three-car crash in Bonney Lake that killed one man and seriously injured two others.
- Woman, 87, goes missing while picking berries in SW Wash. Updated: Jul-31-15 10:22 pm
TROUT LAKE, Washington - Search and rescue teams on Friday were looking for an 87-year-old Oregon woman who went missing while picking huckleberries near Trout Lake in southwest Washington.
- New wildfire burns at least 8 structures in Mason County Updated: Jul-31-15 10:07 pm
SHELTON, Washington - Authorities say a fast-moving wildfire in a rural part of Mason County has burned at least eight structures and scorched more than 100 acres.
- Lawsuit over lease for Shell Arctic drilling fleet rejected Updated: Jul-31-15 8:47 pm
SEATTLE - A Washington state judge has rejected a lawsuit challenging the Port of Seattle's decision to lease one of its terminals as a homeport for Royal Dutch Shell's Arctic oil-drilling fleet.
- Thomas on PUP list to start Seahawks camp Updated: Jul-31-15 8:09 pm
RENTON, Washington - Seattle Seahawks All-Pro free safety Earl Thomas is starting training camp on the physically unable to perform list.
- Pirates acquire starter Happ, 1B Morse in trades Updated: Jul-31-15 8:08 pm
CINCINNATI - The Pittsburgh Pirates didn't enter the final 24 hours before the trade deadline looking for a starting pitcher. The state of A.J. Burnett's elbow quickly made them change their mind.
- Medical examiner: motorist hit by train killed herself Updated: Jul-31-15 8:07 pm
TACOMA, Washington - The Pierce County Medical Examiner's office says a 77-year-old woman who parked her pickup truck on train tracks in Puyallup Thursday killed herself.
- Washington St's Leach ready for another entertaining season Updated: Jul-31-15 8:05 pm
BURBANK, California - Looking for a date in the greater Spokane area? Washington State coach Mike Leach has a few ideas.
- Bennett shows, Chancellor holds out to start Seahawks camp Updated: Jul-31-15 7:44 pm
RENTON, Washington - Michael Bennett, Kam Chancellor and Bobby Wagner all took different approaches Friday to show displeasure with their contract situations with the Seattle Seahawks.
- Mariners recall Montero after deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 7:35 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Seattle Mariners have recalled infielders Jesus Montero and Ketel Marte and pitchers Jose Ramirez and Rob Rasmussen following a busy trade deadline.
- Salmonella outbreak that may be tied to pork grows Updated: Jul-31-15 7:33 pm
SEATTLE - The state Department of Health says the number of Salmonella cases that may be tied to pork products has grown in Washington, with at least 90 people reported to have gotten sick.
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Updated: Jul-31-15 6:39 pm
SEATTLE - Menu prices are up 21 percent and you don't have to tip at Ivar's Salmon House on Seattle's Lake Union after the restaurant decided to institute the city's $15-an-hour minimum wage two years ahead of schedule.
- Pay day: Wilson signs 4-year extension with Seahawks Updated: Jul-31-15 6:30 pm
RENTON, Washington - Drawn out to nearly the last moment before a deadline that was not just for show, Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks discovered a compromise in contract talks.
- The Latest: Cespedes, Haren, Revere traded at MLB's deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - Here are the latest developments as Major League Baseball hits a deadline Friday for trades where players do not first have to pass through waivers (all times Eastern):
- Judge tosses lawsuit seeking Kurt Cobain death-scene photos Updated: Jul-31-15 4:58 pm
SEATTLE - A judge has thrown out a lawsuit seeking the release of graphic photos and records from Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain's death scene.
- Man arrested for slaying in Clarkston Updated: Jul-31-15 4:53 pm
CLARKSTON, Washington - A 64-year-old man is facing a second-degree murder charge following a shooting at a residence in Clarkston.
- Ecology to reassess water quality rule Updated: Jul-31-15 4:38 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state Department of Ecology will not be adopting a current draft rule on clean water rules that are tied to how much fish people eat.