- Gary's Vacant to Vibrant projects get kudos from residents Updated: Nov-25-15 5:05 am
GARY, Indiana - City officials gathered with nonprofit and federal partners Monday morning to officially open a rain garden on a formerly abandoned lot in the city's Aetna neighborhood.
- Alvin the bell-ringing dog helps Salvation Army Updated: Nov-25-15 5:01 am
RICHMOND, Indiana - When Alvin the dog rings bells, shoppers give.
- Daniels creates Purdue safety panel after students protest Updated: Nov-25-15 4:00 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue University President Mitch Daniels has announced the creation of a safety relations committee on its West Lafayette main campus after students demonstrated over what they say are problems with racism.
- Indiana urges Hoosiers to be alert in public places Updated: Nov-25-15 3:55 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's homeland security agency is urging Hoosiers to be "especially alert" in public places amid a worldwide travel alert for Americans.
- South Bend to give tax abatement to Studebaker property Updated: Nov-25-15 3:50 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The South Bend Common Council has given preliminary approval to a $934,000 tax abatement for a portion of the former Studebaker assembly plant south of downtown.
- AP Picks: Feast of major implications for Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-25-15 1:01 am
Every team in the AP Top 25 is playing this weekend in a total of 18 games. All these games will be:
- No. 13 Indiana bounces back with 83-73 win over St. John's Updated: Nov-25-15 12:35 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Less than 24 hours after a tough, last-second loss, No. 13 Indiana found a way to get back on the winning track.
- George scores 40, Pacers make 19 3s to beat Wizards 123-106 Updated: Nov-24-15 11:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Indiana forward Paul George thinks his team doesn't get enough attention.
- Obama honoring Streisand, Spielberg, Yogi Berra and more Updated: Nov-24-15 10:54 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama recognized 17 Americans with the nation's highest civilian award on Tuesday, including the first African-American woman elected to Congress, one of the greatest catchers in baseball history and a "Funny Girl."
- Johnson's 3 TDs leads Bowling Green past Ball State 48-10 Updated: Nov-24-15 10:23 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - Matt Johnson threw for 236 yards and had three total touchdowns, Travis Greene ran for 97 yards and two scores, and Bowling Green beat Ball State 48-10 on Tuesday night.
- IndyCar adds additional tethers to improve safety in 2016 Updated: Nov-24-15 6:07 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Three months after Justin Wilson's death at Pocono Raceway, IndyCar is taking steps to reduce crash debris and improve safety.
- 20 percent of eligible voters did so in Indiana election Updated: Nov-24-15 5:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's municipal general elections drew a combined turnout of 20.5 percent of eligible voters
- 1 killed in NE Indiana house explosion blamed on gas leak Updated: Nov-24-15 4:28 pm
ASHLEY, Indiana - Authorities say a propane gas leak caused a house explosion in northeastern Indiana that killed one person and injured two others.
- Indiana governor faces lawsuit for blocking Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-24-15 4:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A lawsuit challenging the Indiana governor's decision to stop state agencies from helping resettle Syrian refugees alleges that the action wrongly targets the refugees based on their nationality and violates the U.S. Constitution and federal law.
- Officer's knock alerts northwestern Indiana family to fire Updated: Nov-24-15 3:34 pm
PORTAGE, Indiana - Six members of a northwestern Indiana family alerted by a police officer knocking on their door escaped an early morning house fire.
- Evansville riverboat owner plans new on-shore casino Updated: Nov-24-15 3:29 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - The Tropicana Evansville casino will move from its current riverboat docked along the Ohio River to a new $50 million onshore facility under a plan announced Tuesday.
- The Latest: Indiana governor stands by Syrian refugee order Updated: Nov-24-15 1:13 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The latest in the dispute over the Indiana governor's attempt to prevent Syrian refugees from resettling in the state (all times local):
- Mother, son accused of running unlicensed care facility Updated: Nov-24-15 1:06 pm
GREENFIELD, Indiana - Police have arrested a mother and son accused of operating an unlicensed adult-care facility out of a duplex in central Indiana.
- The Latest: 2 charged in pastor's wife killing were in court Updated: Nov-24-15 9:49 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The latest in the case of the Indianapolis pastor's wife who was fatally shot (all times local):
- Philharmonic students making holiday pies to fund trip Updated: Nov-24-15 5:06 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Thanksgiving preparation felt like a family affair when students in the Hoosier Youth Philharmonic gathered to core apples, roll out pie dough and measure cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Students gather in Lafayette for robotics competition Updated: Nov-24-15 5:01 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - When Purdue University sophomore Kija Davis attended a Kokomo high school, she questioned whether to join the boys in the school's FIRST robotics program.
- Indiana Excise Police deliver antidote info to outlets Updated: Nov-24-15 4:05 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana State Excise Police officers have begun delivering informational flyers to alcoholic beverage outlets on how members of the public can obtain prescriptions for a drug that can reverse overdoses of opioid drugs such as heroin.
- Notre Dame vice president to help with economic development Updated: Nov-24-15 3:50 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The University of Notre Dame has hired a former Textron Inc. vice president of mergers and acquisitions to head its efforts to help grow the regional community of the South Bend-Elkhart area through strategic partnerships with the university.
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso Updated: Nov-23-15 11:48 pm
VALPARAISO, Indiana - Coach Muffet McGraw called it a "statement game" for freshman guard Marina Mabrey.
- Brown's 3-point play helps Indiana State down Hofstra, 67-66 Updated: Nov-23-15 8:57 pm
ST. THOMAS, U.S. Virgin Islands - Khristian Smith had 22 points and nine rebounds and Devonte Brown scored a 3-point play when down by two with 12 seconds left to help lead Indiana State to a 67-66 win over Hofstra in the Paradise Jam third-place game on Monday night.