- Lake effect snow coming to northwest Pennsylvania Updated: Nov-21-15 9:44 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Residents of northwestern Pennsylvania are being warned about the return of a seasonal guest - lake effect snow.
- Lake Erie Biofuels buys Alabama biodiesel refinery Updated: Nov-19-15 10:03 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania biodiesel producer is expanding into Alabama.
- Corry Memorial Hospital to merge with LECOM health group Updated: Nov-18-15 10:19 am
CORRY, Pennsylvania - The two smallest acute-care hospitals in Pennsylvania's most northwestern county are merging.
- Man gets 10 to 20 in prison for Christmas shooting at kin Updated: Nov-17-15 9:33 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A northwestern Pennsylvania man will spend 10 to 20 years in prison for shooting at his relatives during a drunken argument last Christmas.
- American Legion, VFW posts change image to draw younger vets Updated: Nov-16-15 11:16 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - The American Legion: It's not just graybeards in a smoke-filled bar.
- Miniature circus brings memories to life Updated: Nov-16-15 11:15 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - The circus that came to Erie and unloaded from the railroad tracks just south of the grounds at East 18th and Ash streets fascinated Dick Wilczewski. Back then, he was like any wide-eyed kid, thrilled by the animals, clowns and circus acts.
- Union: Pay bonuses to laid off GE Transportation workers Updated: Nov-15-15 9:43 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Union officials are asking a company to pay northwestern Pennsylvania workers scheduled bonuses even if they are laid off from a locomotive manufacturing plant before a January deadline.
- GE Transportation signs $2.6B deal with India Railways Updated: Nov-10-15 10:14 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - GE Transportation has announced a $2.6 billion deal to manufacture 1,000 locomotives for India Railways, just days after announcing it will lay off 1,500 union workers at its northwestern Pennsylvania operations.
- Lord Corp. cutting 92 jobs at 3 NW Pennsylvania facilities Updated: Nov-05-15 9:55 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Lord Corp. is cutting 92 jobs at three northwestern Pennsylvania plants as part of a restructuring plan that will trim 270 jobs worldwide.
- 98-year-old man rescued from Erie-area fire dies at hospital Updated: Nov-05-15 9:43 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A 98-year-old man rescued from his burning northwestern Pennsylvania home last month has died of smoke inhalation at a Pittsburgh hospital.
- Edinboro U. president leaving for same job at Widener U. Updated: Nov-03-15 2:54 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - The president of Edinboro University is making about as big a move as one can make - geographically, at least - in Pennsylvania.
- Erie diocese announces shake-up for area Catholic schools Updated: Oct-29-15 3:21 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - The Roman Catholic Diocese of Erie says it plans to move to a single school system from independent parish schools, close two schools and reorganize others in a top-to-bottom rethinking of Catholic education for its 13-county region.
- Duck blinds a haven for hunters at Presque Isle Updated: Oct-28-15 11:59 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Wooden boxes, measuring no more than 6-by-12 feet, have been going up on Presque Isle State Park as they do every year around this time.
- Albion inmate to stand trial on charges he killed another Updated: Oct-28-15 8:41 am
ALBION, Pennsylvania - An inmate at a northwestern Pennsylvania prison has been ordered to stand trial on charges that he killed another by slamming him to the ground and stomping on his head.
- Police investigate after vehicle hits train, killing driver Updated: Oct-26-15 9:05 am
GIRARD, Pennsylvania - State police have been trying to figure out why a man drove his car into a passing train in northeastern Pennsylvania, killing himself and injuring his passenger.